What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (10 Viewers)

I have two AMC movie passes along with two coupons for a free large fountain drink. Problem is, there are no AMCs in Tennessee. If someone would like these, let me know and PM me an address. The passes don't expire, but the coupons for the cokes expire January 31st.
What about SC?
One in Columbia, but not Greenville. :(Tickets have been claimed.
Tickets have been received. tyvmgbysr

Pack, was your Mom sick? Sorry if this has been covered here or elsewhere.
First off, thank you to everyone for the well wishes, it's much appreciated.YSR, yes, she's been battling COPD and 2 other lung diseases for quite a few years now and was down to under 30% lung capacity. She fought for every breath.We almost lost her in July, but after about 3 weeks she came around. She decided then no more incubating, and placed a DNR in her record.It was tough watching her die yesterday and today, but it's what she wanted and she is no longer in pain.Called 911 yesterday around 11am, when we got to the hospital her Co2 was 130. That's as high as their machine goes. I think around 30 is normal. She died this afternoon around 1pm.

Eli working the magic again right now. I have no idea how that goofy ******* does it.

ETA: maybe I spoke too soon. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom is a diehard Pats fan, dad is a Giants fan. Wouldn't mind seeing them battle it out for the next two weeks

About to watch "Finding Bigfoot." I have to say I previously thought there was actually a chance there could be a bigfoot out there. We did a title insurance policy a few years ago for one of the bigger timber companies which encompassed 1.9 million acres just in this state, so there's plenty of land out there people don't see very often. After watching these idiots for a full season and into a second, I'm quite certain I should go back in time to slap some sense into my old self if I ever found a way to time travel.

So I'm finally finishing up my degree online through UT-Arlington. For some reason, none of the science classes I took transfer directly to UTA, so I'm taking freshman biology this semester.

The whole first chapter is an overview of science. It spends a ton of time talking about science and religion and how they're not necessarily in conflict and how some people are scientists and religious and some people are scientists and atheists and it's not that big of a deal. I find this very weird. I went to high school in a small town in Texas and took biology at UT-Austin. I don't remember either of those classes needing to address the topic. Have the religious wackos protested to the point that this actually has to be covered in college classes everywhere, or is this just a quirk of this course?

So I'm finally finishing up my degree online through UT-Arlington. For some reason, none of the science classes I took transfer directly to UTA, so I'm taking freshman biology this semester. The whole first chapter is an overview of science. It spends a ton of time talking about science and religion and how they're not necessarily in conflict and how some people are scientists and religious and some people are scientists and atheists and it's not that big of a deal. I find this very weird. I went to high school in a small town in Texas and took biology at UT-Austin. I don't remember either of those classes needing to address the topic. Have the religious wackos protested to the point that this actually has to be covered in college classes everywhere, or is this just a quirk of this course?
I would seriously write the dean of the dept., tell him what you just told us, and ask him wtf?

So I'm finally finishing up my degree online through UT-Arlington. For some reason, none of the science classes I took transfer directly to UTA, so I'm taking freshman biology this semester. The whole first chapter is an overview of science. It spends a ton of time talking about science and religion and how they're not necessarily in conflict and how some people are scientists and religious and some people are scientists and atheists and it's not that big of a deal. I find this very weird. I went to high school in a small town in Texas and took biology at UT-Austin. I don't remember either of those classes needing to address the topic. Have the religious wackos protested to the point that this actually has to be covered in college classes everywhere, or is this just a quirk of this course?
I would seriously write the dean of the dept., tell him what you just told us, and ask him wtf?
This. That's just ridiculous.

A strong trend in modern American culture regards science and religion as in conflict, especially over accounts of the origin of life, including human beings. Because this is a course in biology, and it will say much about the origin of life and the evolution of life, it is necessary to address the issues involved. We do not believe that conflict between science and religion is inevitable or necessary. Indeed, the first point we raise is this: which science and which religion are in conflict? Both endeavors are diverse, and many scientists and people of faith have no quarrel with one another. In the context of modern America, some (but certainly not all) Christian viewpoints are suspicious of the scientific explanations of the origin and descent of life that biologists now accept.
There's no way I'm complaining. If this is the level of intellectual discourse we're dealing with, I'm looking at an easy A. Let's be practical here.

Ugh. Hopefully just a quirk.

'Mr.Pack said:
'YSR said:
First off, thank you to everyone for the well wishes, it's much appreciated.YSR, yes, she's been battling COPD and 2 other lung diseases for quite a few years now and was down to under 30% lung capacity. She fought for every breath.We almost lost her in July, but after about 3 weeks she came around. She decided then no more incubating, and placed a DNR in her record.It was tough watching her die yesterday and today, but it's what she wanted and she is no longer in pain.Called 911 yesterday around 11am, when we got to the hospital her Co2 was 130. That's as high as their machine goes. I think around 30 is normal. She died this afternoon around 1pm.
Sorry to hear that, my condolences

'kevzilla said:
I will soon be contracting with Sprint, because I can get a good deal on service through my employer. But I've never had a smartphone. Any suggestions for a handset? My brother and SIL love their jeebusPhone4S, but the Samsung Galaxy S™ ll, Epic™ 4G Touch (really?) has a bigger screen and comparable features. They are the same price. Could someone explain all the smartphone-related BS to me like I'm older than Tanner? :loco:
Get the jeebus phone. Everyone I know who's gotten a droid doesn't like something about it. For me, it's the battery life. It's terrible. I got a new phone (Google Nexus S) on an upgrade about 5 months before the iPhone came out on Sprint, and it works fine enough, but nothing on the android OS (gingerbread) is near as polished as the UI on my 2nd Gen iPod touch. the keyboard is much easier to type with on the iPod. I'm not necessarily an unhappy droid owner, but my next phone will either be an iPhone or Republic Wireless

A strong trend in modern American culture regards science and religion as in conflict, especially over accounts of the origin of life, including human beings. Because this is a course in biology, and it will say much about the origin of life and the evolution of life, it is necessary to address the issues involved. We do not believe that conflict between science and religion is inevitable or necessary. Indeed, the first point we raise is this: which science and which religion are in conflict? Both endeavors are diverse, and many scientists and people of faith have no quarrel with one another. In the context of modern America, some (but certainly not all) Christian viewpoints are suspicious of the scientific explanations of the origin and descent of life that biologists now accept.
There's no way I'm complaining. If this is the level of intellectual discourse we're dealing with, I'm looking at an easy A. Let's be practical here.
Yuk. What a waste of time.

However, this could make a decent shtick topic in the FFA."Should my biology 101 textbook have to mention religion?" Throw out a line like that, maybe reel it in slow for a page or two, then sit back and watch the marlin come a swimming.

Tornado sirens have been going off for about 10 minutes. This in January. :(

'Mr.Pack said:
'YSR said:
Sorry to hear that, my condolences
Nice to see you here GB.

However, this could make a decent shtick topic in the FFA."Should my biology 101 textbook have to mention religion?" Throw out a line like that, maybe reel it in slow for a page or two, then sit back and watch the marlin come a swimming.
Reading those threads as a Christian whose faith is in no way threatened by science (and who even likes science) makes my head hurt and my heart sad

Reading those threads as a Christian whose faith is in no way threatened by science (and who even likes science) makes my head hurt and my heart sad
I've never read any of them. I just know the type of wackos who populate this place would go nuts for it. And I tend to be an imp by nature.

I've never read any of them. I just know the type of wackos who populate this place would go nuts for it. And I tend to be an imp by nature.
If this doesn't clench the nurture argument, they may as well quit.

'cosjobs said:
I have two AMC movie passes along with two coupons for a free large fountain drink. Problem is, there are no AMCs in Tennessee. If someone would like these, let me know and PM me an address. The passes don't expire, but the coupons for the cokes expire January 31st.
What about SC?
Found a hidden free popcorn over the weekend. No expiration. If you want it, say so. Otherwise, it goes to our esteemed colleague, Homer J. Simpson, who was a close second in the tickets race.ETA: May need a tutorial in transferring .mobi files to Kindle Fire. I'll PM you.

'cosjobs said:
What about SC?
Found a hidden free popcorn over the weekend. No expiration. If you want it, say so. Otherwise, it goes to our esteemed colleague, Homer J. Simpson, who was a close second in the tickets race.
f homer, send it over. Every AMC theatre I've ever attended had popcorn way too old for Homer's tastes.

This has been a crazy winter for sure. You must be home now as we're in line for it early in the morning. Odds dictate I'll sleep through it at 4 am and it supposedly will pass before 8:30 when I'm driving to work.

'cosjobs said:
What about SC?
Found a hidden free popcorn over the weekend. No expiration. If you want it, say so. Otherwise, it goes to our esteemed colleague, Homer J. Simpson, who was a close second in the tickets race.ETA: May need a tutorial in transferring .mobi files to Kindle Fire. I'll PM you.
Left click on the Start icon (lower left of your screen now) and selecr "Open Windows Explorer"Click on the "C Drive"Click on "Users""Click on whichever User is YOU"Click on "My Documents"Click on "My eBooks"This is directory where Kindle looks for your books. This is where you should save eBooks and where Kindle will look for them. Once you understand this, it will likely solve all your problems. If not, let me know.

Jerkbaby keeps kicking his socks off. If I didnt care so much about his well being, this little jerkass wouldny wear socks...
That's terrible.FYI, I'm watching my five month old sleep peacefully on the video monitor just as he's been doing for the last 3.5 hours.
I might drink myself to death when Samuel Jr. is born
No way, if you're anything like me, and I think you are, you'll be a great drunkdad. Much like Bentley

This has been a crazy winter for sure. You must be home now as we're in line for it early in the morning. Odds dictate I'll sleep through it at 4 am and it supposedly will pass before 8:30 when I'm driving to work.
It snowed here in Knoxville about a month ago, and was t-shirt weather today. :shrug:K4> I'll be sorry to hear about your troubles living in only a 2-story home.

Jerkbaby keeps kicking his socks off. If I didnt care so much about his well being, this little jerkass wouldny wear socks...
That's terrible.FYI, I'm watching my five month old sleep peacefully on the video monitor just as he's been doing for the last 3.5 hours.
No way, if you're anything like me, and I think you are, you'll be a great drunkdad. Much like Bentley
:lmao:

:lmao:
:thumbup:The good thing is that when they're really little and not sleeping, you wake up every morning feeling like you have a hangover. My philosophy's always been that if you're going to feel crappy in the morning anyhow, you might as well be in a good mood the night before.

It snowed here in Knoxville about a month ago, and was t-shirt weather today. :shrug:K4> I'll be sorry to hear about your troubles living in only a 2-story home.
The past two winters have been relatively cold, but this one has been very mild. I'm a little annoyed I spent money winterizing my boat this year.I started hunting a few years ago, never participating growing up. I haven't even bothered this year considering every day I've had available, the temps have been in the 60's and 70's. Unless something changes this week, Bambi is safe in my area.Deer season ends January 31st here, and if things continue this way, I plan on fishing offshore a lot in February and March. The blue water has been pushed in really close all year, water temps in the 70's still, and I haven't gone fishing once. I fully expect the weather to turn cold and the blue water to push south once I shift my focus that direction. :kicksrock: We'll see.The good news is my friend's boss is putting in an offer on a 70 foot boat, and I regularly go fishing with these guys. Weather windows for offshore fishing open up greatly on a boat that size, and I'll drop everything to drive 4 hours for fishing on a trip that boat can handle.

Users who are viewing this thread