What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (3 Viewers)

I don't think the Heat are going to lose more than one more game in these playoffs.
I'll take the over. (And I, unlike some, pay my losses.)
I might take action on this...if I can understand what is being bet. Are we setting the over/under Heat losses at 1.5 for the rest of the playoffs, and you are taking the over? I will take action on that
Sorry but the offer was for Timschochet only. (It's more of a fun bet than a true desire to gamble. And if I'm going to lose, I would take some solace giving my money to Timschocet since he's been screwed here before. Besides, I think I still have money in my Paypay account from JMon so it's "Laker" money.)

Interestingly a ring for any non Miami team punches the hof ticket for a lot of guys assuming they finish out long careers at a high level. Parker, durant, Allen, probably rondo. Manu becomes a lock....
Allen's already a lock.#1 in 3 pointers all time

#29 in points all time with 25 in striking distance (1 more season of 50 or so games)

125 playoff games

#2 in playoff 3 pointers (12 behind Miller)

#37 in playoff points

A championship and probably should have been given the finals MVP that season.

#28 in Win Shares too.

Watching the highlights, I kept seeing Lebron miss getting to the ball or the player because he just doesn't give maximum effort. It's enjoyable to see. In fact, on maybe the biggest play of the game, Rondo actually out-jumps LeBron with a perfect tip for the three. Play of the game, imo. I think that cut it to 2, right? If Bron Bron gets it instead, they could've gone up 7 or 8 points. But they didn't capitalize because of hustle. So great. :thumbup:

Easy to blame Eric. Tell me what another coach would do differently.You have two superstars who dominate the ball and not a lot of other help.
Stephen A Smith just did...
Makes me feel better about my point.
So you think Bosh was best used on the bench?
Who's to say he was feeling well. :shrug:
As long as we are making excuses then, we can assume Spoelstra had no influence on the Heat settling for a bunch of weak 3s rather than quality possessions and that Spoelstra was helpless to call any plays for Lebron late

I f'ing hate the Heat....if they lose to Boston, that will be the most glorious event on Earth this year!!

I love the fact that LeQueen is crapping the bed here. Totally unexpected, even without Bosh. Honestly, Boston is not that good and will probably get smoked by S.A / OKC but as many are saying, at least they play with some heart. LeDosh and Wang can't seem to inspire anyone at all.

Easy to blame Eric. Tell me what another coach would do differently.You have two superstars who dominate the ball and not a lot of other help.
As long as we are making excuses then, we can assume Spoelstra had no influence on the Heat settling for a bunch of weak 3s rather than quality possessions and that Spoelstra was helpless to call any plays for Lebron late
I guess I put far less emphasis on coaching than others do. Players play, coaches coach.How many times did Phil win the NBA title without having the most talent?

Bosh: "I'm feeling good... I had more to give..."

Bosh: "I'm feeling good... I had more to give..."
Yep. That is puzzling, then.

How lazy is Wade on defense? It's incredible. If he gives a solid effort on defense during this series, Miami is already waiting for the OKC/SA winner.

Interestingly a ring for any non Miami team punches the hof ticket for a lot of guys assuming they finish out long careers at a high level. Parker, durant, Allen, probably rondo. Manu becomes a lock....
Completely disagree with everything you just said. Allen and Parker already have rings and don't need another to secure the HOF. Durant and Rondo are too young to determine their status based on 2012 (but I think Durant will get in and Rondo has a decent chance to make it). And Ginobli will never, ever make the HOF unless he gets elected for his international play.

'Raider Nation said:
The Washington Wizards announced Monday that Randy Wittman will return as their coach next season, retaining the position he accepted after Flip Saunders was fired in January. He has a 118-238 career record.

:thumbup:
Finally. I didn't want to be the one to say it, but you all have been distracted by mere trifles all week and have been missing the big story. Put your hands together for Mister Randy Wittman!

'wilked said:
This is what the NBA has become. Hope they figure a way to do something about it. It isn't just Wade. Duncan, Tony, Manu, Harden, Westbrook, Rondo, Allen, Lebron, Pierce, and on and on - all can be seen rolling on the floor whining at a ref at various points in these series. :thumbdown:
The heat got some favorable calls early in the series, but I think rondo was serious when he said that the celtics were exploiting their whining by getting up the floor quickly. There were a number of plays last night where the heat were completely out of sync on defense after a failed scoring attempt, like the garnett dunk and one which has been replayed over and over. Its one thing to complain and flop, its another to do it so badly that your hurt your team.

'Raider Nation said:
The Washington Wizards announced Monday that Randy Wittman will return as their coach next season, retaining the position he accepted after Flip Saunders was fired in January. He has a 118-238 career record.

:thumbup:
Finally. I didn't want to be the one to say it, but you all have been distracted by mere trifles all week and have been missing the big story. Put your hands together for Mister Randy Wittman!
Paraphrasing a brick-and-mortar GB of mine, "Hiring Randy Wittman as your coach is like one of those nights at the bar where you've been trying to avoid that one all night, and then it's last call and you just can't go home alone." Wittman is going to make you miss Flip Saunders, but not in the way you will want to miss Flip Saunders.
The sad part, of course, is that the analogy doesn't apply in the Wizards case because the season isn't even over. Plenty of candidates available. But hey, they went 8-7 in April, so I think it's fair to conclude that they're well on their way to a title.

I want to say that if they draft Drummond I'll quit them, but I know it's not true. They're the Chris Brown to my Rihanna.

It kind of amazing how LeBron, easily the best player in the league and it isn't close, takes his game to an even higher level in the playoffs, yet still gets all the #### he does.

Hint: The Heat aren't losing because of him.

It kind of amazing how LeBron, easily the best player in the league and it isn't close, takes his game to an even higher level in the playoffs, yet still gets all the #### he does. Hint: The Heat aren't losing because of him.
I missed last night's game, but reading through this thread I actually don't see a lot of LeBron trashing. For all the trash talk and trolling, I think the regulars here get it. Maybe I missed some, I only read through quickly.

Too many turnovers for the Heat. If they can just hang onto the ball in the 2nd half, they'll roll with ease.
This is what killed us last night.What is mindboggling is the fact that the last three games the Celtics have had as many FT's ranked 29th in the league vs the Heat ranked 2nd in the league.Cry me a river after game two is working to a tee. I saw plenty of contact last night....with no calls. Now to be fair Boston had some lousy calls against them as well. But the fact that we drive, drive and drive and are not getting any calls at all the last three games....after an entire season of being one of the very best teams getting to the line....it's mind boggling. Post season basketball....let them play....I agree. But the Celtics are a jump shooting team, Miami is a drive and slash team. We are not being rewarded at all the last three games for going to the hole consistently. It is a farce IMO.Bottom line is a few balls did not bounce The Heats way last night. The Rondo tap out of an amazing Wade block to a wide open Peitrus (which was a gresat play) for three with the Heat up 6. That block bounces our way and we managed to drop another bucket in and go up 8....changes the game big time. The Chalmers Techincal? That call was an abomination. Clear flop....ridiculous that call is made at the moment in the game.of course our clutch FT shooting was garbage last night. Chalmers misses one, Wade misses one, Haslem misses one. Critical! Boston made their clutch FT's.So many plays we can look at. This series has been insane. The Heat though has not even come close to playing a complete game yet. Bosh will start and play plenty tomorrow night. No question. He will be a huge help with Garnett who has been sitting in the paint. Bosh will draw him out. Wade and Lebron obviously must bring their top game tomorrow night. It will very tough to win in Boston....we are awful in the building. I think we have lost 16/17. So a tough tough task is at hand.I still believe in this team. They have what it takes to get this thing back to Miami. The so called fan's down here...all they can do after every loss is "Fire Spo" "Trade Bosh" or "Trade Wade"All of them....are dumb asses. They have no idea how good we have it.try rooting for this team for years and years of losing basketball. Winning titles.....is no easy task. It is a war. It is a marathon. This is the Eastern Conference Finals. And we are playing a older,savey, playoff tested team.But for the Heat to lose 4 straight games? At this moment. I just feel in my heart of hearts that Wade, Lebron and and now Bosh (who has been out this entire series till last night and that is a major factor) will find a way to extend this thing tomorrow night.Oh the drama!

'meatwad1 said:
I f'ing hate the Heat....if they lose to Boston, that will be the most glorious event on Earth this year!!

I love the fact that LeQueen is crapping the bed here. Totally unexpected, even without Bosh. Honestly, Boston is not that good and will probably get smoked by S.A / OKC but as many are saying, at least they play with some heart. LeDosh and Wang can't seem to inspire anyone at all.
This is such juvinile junk. Really? Not that good? What are you smoking. They were one of the best teams in the league in the second half of this crazy lock out shortened schedule. They were rolling into the post season. They seem to have gotten their legs too amazingly. Boston is not that good...LMAO!

They have 3 HOF players on the court. Three. And Rondo is no slouch. They are a very good team.

Your a hater of course so carry one with your bashing. It's ok. But you creditability is bunk with a statement like that about Boston. They are one of the 5 best teams in the league. They just did not get to the ECF by accident.

And this series is not over....till it's over.

What I love about the post season more than anything else is the sheer overreaction each and every night by all the media and the fan's. It is hillarious.

That is why it is called a 7 game series. When we went up 2-0....I was holding my breath. I knew better. I felt if we steal one in Boston we take it in 5, but we did not. I fully expected to hold home court last night.....did not happen.

Now just about everyone has written off the Heat. Break them up, fire the coach.

We still have a game to play.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston has a losing record versus the western conference. If they advance that will be the first time a team has advanced into the finals with a losing record versus the other conference.

Yes, honestly they are not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread