What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2011 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Now Available (1 Viewer)

Matt - I posted the link for the RSP purchase to that other site. I hope you get some takers over there.

I spent the late afternoon starting to work my way through the Portfolio. The two guys that I hadn't even studied at all are Spahn and Kenney.

Also I have become very bullish on Edmund Gates. Obviously, you didn't get any film on him for the study, but perhaps you may have an opinion as to whether he can become quality starter material in the NFL?

I cannot believe how many tight asses are here.$10 is more than reasonable to pay for a quality publication such as this & with the effort Matt puts in he is more than deserving
I think for most people it falls more along the lines of having a reasonable expectation of being provided a service for money and then being told that service that you paid for is extra money. Just the principle that really really really bothers me.
I think this sums up my viewpoint as well. I can afford the $10. And I believe Matt should get the $10 - it is a great product. For those that say, "Matt deserves it for all the months it took for him to create it" - you are right! He does. But given that FBG has included it in their subscription fee in the past, seems like if they aren't including it this year, they should charge $10 less on their subscription cost.I agree with the above - it is the principle of all this that has rubbed me the wrong way.

I post mainly on another site that is totally free, but I pay for a subscription here to support this site anyway. I am a FF junkie and appreciate ALL of the content put out here. I understand the frustration expressed by some, but I will gladly support the salaries of all the staff on this board to continue the content I find here. The degree of expertise is unmatched, and it pays me back, both from my FF winnings and from all of the FF insights i get here.

Back in the old days before I discovered FBGs, I was buying 3 - 4 outdated magazines per year at $6 a pop and not getting near the often updated content I get here - and nothing NEAR RSP included.

Is FBGs perfect? NO. And I still enjoy that other free site as well. But I still feel that I get a bargain with my FBGs subscription, regardless of whether RSP is included. And as far as the extra ten spot, I can think of 100 more significant things to bich about in my life.

Matt's RSP gets better every year, and even if I had to skip a meal (or 3) to buy it separate, I would gladly do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

Wanted to jump in here. First thing - We love Matt and he'll continue to be an integral part of the FBG Staff. I know of few people on the planet with his mix of writing ability, work ethic, and ability to not just analyze but to project future performance. Add to it that he's one of classiest guys you'll ever meet and it's icing on the cake. He's a big part of what we do here and I'm grateful to be able to work with him and call him a friend.

We were thrilled to be able to offer Matt's RSP as a special feature for Footballguys subscribers last year. But in fairness to Matt going forward, he deserves to be paid for his efforts more than we were able to pay him. Hopefully, he'll be able to achieve that this year and beyond.

For the folks that purchased a 3 year FBG subscription with the assumption that the RSP would be a part of it every year, I fully understand the disappointment there. For those folks, we absolutely will stand behind our money back guarantee and we'll refund the remaining years left on your subscription if you'd like. We positively don't want anyone to feel they are getting shorted what they bought. If you'd like to cancel the remaining years on your 3 year subscription and receive a refund for the remaining years, please let David know at Dodds@Footballguys.com and he'll process that for you.

In the meantime, we'll continue to do all we can to promote what Matt is doing with the RSP and to help him get paid. I know how much time he invests in this product for you and he could sell a zillion and still be underpaid. But I'd truly like to see him sell a zillion. I hope you'll join me in helping spread the good word about Matt and what he's doing with the RSP.

Thanks.

J

I cannot believe how many tight asses are here.$10 is more than reasonable to pay for a quality publication such as this & with the effort Matt puts in he is more than deserving
:thumbdown: Some people have to decide between paying $10 for a publication or paying for gas for vehicle, putting food on the table, or paying a bill because they are laid off or had their hours cut back. Just because $10 doesn't seem like a lot to you doesn't mean it's not a lot for someone else.
If its the difference between food on the table and gas in a car, then perhaps fantasy football is the least of your worries.Seems that everyone who is complaining about this only chooses to see this through their own perspective instead of taking into account the work and efforts put in by Matt in producing the RSP. I was happy to pay the stand alone cost for the RSP before Matt came to FBG and I am happy to pay for it as a stand alone product again. We were lucky to have something this high quality as part of the FBG subscription for a period of time.
x2
The issue isn't that Matt doesn't deserve the extra cash. The issue is that many of us subscribed to FBG to get at Matt's RSP. Matt will get his, I'm afraid this decision is going to hurt Joe and the crew.

Just downloaded and did a quick look through, great stuff as always Matt! I can't wait to dig into this thing more over the next few days, weeks, and months.

Where do you purchase the RSP? Is the link going to be on the front page of footballguys or under tools? I just don't want to miss it if it does come out tonight.
You'll get an email and when it goes live, either David or I will supply the link here, too.
Sweet! I can't wait. Figured out how to put PDF's on my iPad just for your report. Much respect. Thanks ahead of time.
I've purchased the RSP and have it on my desktop computer. How do I put it onto my Ipad?

Amazed at the level of detail compared to recent years. Well worth the money. Definitely the best effort by far, well done Matt!

Great,now I have to go and BUY the RSP AFTER thinking it would be included in the subscription,FBG disregard the emails i sent today about "why cant I access the RSP after buying the subscription" I now understand.Still I gotta have the RSP,its a thing of beauty in my opinion.I'll gladly give 10bucks for all that info.Just wish I hadn't wasted a good hour of my time trying to figure out how to access the RSP....FBG you could of done a better job getting that info out to everyone.

The funny thing is, I'd pay the $10 for just the first 100 or so pages, let alone the 700 more that follow.

Great,now I have to go and BUY the RSP AFTER thinking it would be included in the subscription,FBG disregard the emails i sent today about "why cant I access the RSP after buying the subscription" I now understand.Still I gotta have the RSP,its a thing of beauty in my opinion.I'll gladly give 10bucks for all that info.Just wish I hadn't wasted a good hour of my time trying to figure out how to access the RSP....FBG you could of done a better job getting that info out to everyone.
Hi Mac,I agree on both counts. The RSP is awesome and a thing of beauty. And we could have done a better job of making it clear from our end what we're doing there. Another year and another learning curve for us.Thanks and I hope you have a great 2011 season.J

Hi Mac,I agree on both counts. The RSP is awesome and a thing of beauty. And we could have done a better job of making it clear from our end what we're doing there. Another year and another learning curve for us.Thanks and I hope you have a great 2011 season.J
Is the decision to reduce content related to Big Lead Sports?

Is the decision to reduce content related to Big Lead Sports?
No relation whatsoever to Big Lead Sports. It's all about allowing Matt the opportunity to be paid what we think this content is worth. J

:thumbdown: Some people have to decide between paying $10 for a publication or paying for gas for vehicle, putting food on the table, or paying a bill because they are laid off or had their hours cut back. Just because $10 doesn't seem like a lot to you doesn't mean it's not a lot for someone else.
Sounds like you shouldn't be playing fantasy football this year anyway. Hope things get better, there are plenty of food banks, shelters etc. out there....apparently even some with internet access.

Got it :thumbup:

Cam Newton - Slammed! Why Christian Ponder might be the best QB in this draft.

Is Mikel Leshoure really as good as Cecil Lammey says?

Has there ever been a better WR prospect than AJ Green?

All this and more inside!

The download option is a little messy with having to go through Paypal. FBGs could really do a lot better with a merchant or Shopify account.

I paid for the rap about two hours ago...I received a paypal reciept via email but nothing else. Assuming I will get an email link for the download?

Matt & Joe, The RSP is well worth the price of a movie ticket IMO. Way to be stand up on the undercommunication mea culpa. That seems to be the issue here. Value is definately not the issue!! Well done!

Matt & Joe, The RSP is well worth the price of a movie ticket IMO. Way to be stand up on the undercommunication mea culpa. That seems to be the issue here. Value is definately not the issue!! Well done!
Thank you. Most of the people who decide to buy the RSP tend to be pretty big fans of it after they've looked through it. The fact that so many readers tell me that the RSP tends to hold value much longer than one season makes it worth more than a movie ticket - maybe like getting a movie you like on DVD at the reduced price at Blockbuster or the grocery :)

It's a strange thing because the responses I get from people tends to be that they are not quite sure what they're getting at first. They worry it's too long/complicated or won't really help them, but then I get emails like what you'll find here and the overall tone of a first-year user tends to be extreme surprise in a positive way.

Hi Folks,Wanted to jump in here. First thing - We love Matt and he'll continue to be an integral part of the FBG Staff. I know of few people on the planet with his mix of writing ability, work ethic, and ability to not just analyze but to project future performance. Add to it that he's one of classiest guys you'll ever meet and it's icing on the cake. He's a big part of what we do here and I'm grateful to be able to work with him and call him a friend.We were thrilled to be able to offer Matt's RSP as a special feature for Footballguys subscribers last year. But in fairness to Matt going forward, he deserves to be paid for his efforts more than we were able to pay him. Hopefully, he'll be able to achieve that this year and beyond.For the folks that purchased a 3 year FBG subscription with the assumption that the RSP would be a part of it every year, I fully understand the disappointment there. For those folks, we absolutely will stand behind our money back guarantee and we'll refund the remaining years left on your subscription if you'd like. We positively don't want anyone to feel they are getting shorted what they bought. If you'd like to cancel the remaining years on your 3 year subscription and receive a refund for the remaining years, please let David know at Dodds@Footballguys.com and he'll process that for you.In the meantime, we'll continue to do all we can to promote what Matt is doing with the RSP and to help him get paid. I know how much time he invests in this product for you and he could sell a zillion and still be underpaid. But I'd truly like to see him sell a zillion. I hope you'll join me in helping spread the good word about Matt and what he's doing with the RSP.Thanks.J
How do we know Matt is being underpaid? Open your books, dam mitJust kidding

Just purchased the RSP and love it. Quality work and extensive. One recommendation and maybe I just don't understand PDF files. But it is very difficult to find specific areas. I just spent about 60 seconds trying to find the NFL player comparisons to the RB class!! When a file is 859 pages long, finding specific sections can be a chore. I don't know if PDF allows a function similar to a hyperlink but a way to click on a header and jump to a specific section would be very helpful.

Great work though by Matt.

Just purchased the RSP and love it. Quality work and extensive. One recommendation and maybe I just don't understand PDF files. But it is very difficult to find specific areas. I just spent about 60 seconds trying to find the NFL player comparisons to the RB class!! When a file is 859 pages long, finding specific sections can be a chore. I don't know if PDF allows a function similar to a hyperlink but a way to click on a header and jump to a specific section would be very helpful. Great work though by Matt.
Hi Kimbo Slice. When you open up the RSP, on the left hand side it should show some icons, one of which looks like a paper with a bookmark over it. Click that. It should open a side panel with all the bookmarks throughout the RSP. Makes it much easier to find specific sections instead of scrolling pages.

Just purchased the RSP and love it. Quality work and extensive. One recommendation and maybe I just don't understand PDF files. But it is very difficult to find specific areas. I just spent about 60 seconds trying to find the NFL player comparisons to the RB class!! When a file is 859 pages long, finding specific sections can be a chore. I don't know if PDF allows a function similar to a hyperlink but a way to click on a header and jump to a specific section would be very helpful. Great work though by Matt.
Hi Kimbo Slice. When you open up the RSP, on the left hand side it should show some icons, one of which looks like a paper with a bookmark over it. Click that. It should open a side panel with all the bookmarks throughout the RSP. Makes it much easier to find specific sections instead of scrolling pages.
:goodposting: Thanks Mike!!

I am glad I checked the shark pool before I paid for a full subscription. Didn't know that they were separate this year until I checked. I followed Wildman over from fftoday and have been an RSP subscriber since 2006, but just a FBG subscriber for the last two or three. However, I just saved $13. The RSP was the reason I subscribed. BTW, losing subscribers reduces ad revenue, and I imagine you will lose a few like me. Too bad.

Thanks Mike - very important note if you're not aware of Adobe and it's functions. Should make life a lot easier when reading the RSP.

If you are in a Dynasty league and you are struggling, or just can't seem to get over the hump, the RSP can help you out in a hurry. Often times in a rookie draft, it's your 2nd or 3rd or even 4th round dynasty picks that can really help out your roster. The RSP helps you identify those guys and get great value and bargains...but mostly it helps you avoid the busts. I'll buy this thing as long as Matt produces it.

For people buying the RSP, we are offering a $20.95 subscription through May 31st ($3.00 off of the earlybird price).

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/amember/signup.php?price_group=5
I think that is a solid move. Not because of 3 bucks, but rather because of the principle.Matt was never the one that should get screwed b/c FBG was not including it anymore. But at least if they aren't including it - a slight price reduction is respectable.

Overall, I like having both - the RSP and the FBG subscription.

For people buying the RSP, we are offering a $20.95 subscription through May 31st ($3.00 off of the earlybird price).

I think that is a solid move. Not because of 3 bucks, but rather because of the principle.Matt was never the one that should get screwed b/c FBG was not including it anymore. But at least if they aren't including it - a slight price reduction is respectable.

Yes

Thanks. I appreciate you being a part of it.

J

Just purchased the RSP today. I never even heard of it until after becoming a member several years ago and now you have me hooked. I don't have any problem at all paying to read this labor of love. Comment to those upset about the RSP not being part of the subscription...you should actually thank FBG for making the change. Individuals who sign up just for the RSP, are saving money. I would think this is a better alternative to raising the subscription cost for everyone. As a FF player, the average subscriber probably won't purchase the RSP. Knowing how valuable the information is, you have just gained an advantage over many of your peers. From a geek standpoint (mine), it is a pleasure just reading this in depth analysis without having to do any of the work. I love football and enjoy analyzing the jig-saw puzzle of how these pieces fit.

Thanks for making me a fan Wildman!

I just purchased the RSP and to me it is well worth the $9.95. Now renewing my FGB subscription, that is a different decision and right now I think I am going to pass, really don't like the new format. I was afraid that I would have to renew my FBGs subcription in order to buy Matt's 2011 Rookie Scouting Portfolio, glad that wasn't the case. Thanks Matt, look forward to using the RSP for my upcoming rookie drafts and future trading in my dynasty leagues.

I bought the subscription first as I thought the RSP came with it and then bought the RSP so I did not get the $3 discount. I still think it is well worth the price. (Still got the early bird discount!) I wish there was a preliminary 2012 prospect report that I could purchase, maybe a top 3-5 per position depending on position depth. Just a thought and something I would be willing to purchase for around say $5.

The choice to ala carte is fine with me. However I think those who have prepaid subscriptions (3 yrs) or bought a subscription up to this announcement should be allowed access to the article. For the term of their subscription. IMO. Times are tough, and getting subscribers this year may be a challenge. Yet asking for more from your current constituents may be a mistake. Love this site been here a long time. Not going anywhere. But not planning on increasing my spending on the hobby either.
Just another example of not to purchase something so far in advance. Lesson learned

'Novice2 said:
The choice to ala carte is fine with me. However I think those who have prepaid subscriptions (3 yrs) or bought a subscription up to this announcement should be allowed access to the article. For the term of their subscription. IMO. Times are tough, and getting subscribers this year may be a challenge. Yet asking for more from your current constituents may be a mistake. Love this site been here a long time. Not going anywhere. But not planning on increasing my spending on the hobby either.
Just another example of not to purchase something so far in advance. Lesson learned
Hi novice,To make sure we're clear, anyone that regrets purchasing the 3 year deal can get a refund for any remaining years if they would like to stop. The lesson I think is to make sure you can get your money back for any remaining years in a long term purchase if you become unsatisfied. And that's what we offer folks.J

Absolutely, I sell all back copies for $5.95 apiece. PM/email me for details. ThanksM
Is the download link for last year's still available to subscribers from last year? Since it was included in the subscription price and all?I think I may have downloaded it at the time, but have no idea where I did it. I just want to check it out to see if it is something that I think I would want to pay extra for this season.

If you're a 2010 subscriber, yes you can still download the 2010 RSP for now. When that window of subscription closes, I will be charging $5.95 for it as a back issue.

Users who are viewing this thread