What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trent Richardson Landing Spot (4 Viewers)

No clue how reliable this site is, came up on one of the local sports talk guy's blogs.http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2012/02/per-league-source-cincinnati-bengals.html

National Football AuthorityAfter speaking to a team executive on Monday, National Football Authority senior writer Bear Heiser has learned the Bengals are eager to move up in the first round to secure themselves the top running back in this draft class—Alabama Crimson Tide's Trent Richardson.

I don't think he falls out of the top 10. Jets might trade up.
Really not seeing him fall to 17. I'm hoping Jax falls in love with Blackmon and trades up to the 5. Tampa takes Richardson at 7.
Assuming StL/CLE swap, StL goes Blackmon at 4. Jax would be beter served going DE at 7.
They could just as easily take Claiborne or Kalil at 4 depending on the Vikings. The trade scenario in general is just wishful thinking on my end.Tampa will screw it up regardless. It doesn't seem like they've made a decent draft pick in 10 years.

Cincinatti is the ideal landing spot. Perfect piece for that offense. Good young QB, WR and potentially the best RB in the draft.

The defense there is already solid.

Tampa has Blount. It wasnt his fault they sucked last year. That coaching staff was garbage. Give him another chance.

Cincinatti is the ideal landing spot. Perfect piece for that offense. Good young QB, WR and potentially the best RB in the draft. The defense there is already solid. Tampa has Blount. It wasnt his fault they sucked last year. That coaching staff was garbage. Give him another chance.
Cinci could be dangerous if they add Trent Richardson and Kendall Wright to pair up with Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Shipley and a solid D.

Cincinatti is the ideal landing spot. Perfect piece for that offense. Good young QB, WR and potentially the best RB in the draft. The defense there is already solid. Tampa has Blount. It wasnt his fault they sucked last year. That coaching staff was garbage. Give him another chance.
This was my exact thought. I agree, Cincinatti would be so tough to stop with TRich. The passing game would protect Richardson and vice versa.

No clue how reliable this site is, came up on one of the local sports talk guy's blogs.http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2012/02/per-league-source-cincinnati-bengals.html

National Football AuthorityAfter speaking to a team executive on Monday, National Football Authority senior writer Bear Heiser has learned the Bengals are eager to move up in the first round to secure themselves the top running back in this draft class—Alabama Crimson Tide's Trent Richardson.
This seems most likely. At this point, they just need to jump ahead of the Jets. Not mortgage everything. Just go up a few spots.

Cinci could be dangerous if they add Trent Richardson and Kendall Wright to pair up with Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Shipley and a solid D.
Yes, Cinci could be extremely dangerous on offense if they had the peices you just said. Unfortunately, Cinci is going into the season with almost NOTHING at CB. Hall is not going to be recovered from his injury and Clements is going to be 33 yrs old. I would be shocked if Cinci didn't walk away with a CB with their 1st round picks.

I don't think he falls out of the top 10. Jets might trade up.
Really not seeing him fall to 17. I'm hoping Jax falls in love with Blackmon and trades up to the 5. Tampa takes Richardson at 7.
Assuming StL/CLE swap, StL goes Blackmon at 4. Jax would be beter served going DE at 7.
Agreed. Jacksonville is going to take the BPA at #7 pretty much regardless of whichever position it is. Jacksonville has quite a few needs and will matchup a need with BPA at #7. The only way the Jaguars move up is if Andrew Luck or RB3 fall down the draft into the #5 spot.

With the Redskins trade, TRich to Cleveland is a very real possibility again.
My gut tells me they will take Claiborne to maintain their elite pass defense. Richardson will be tough for them to pass on though.Richardson to the Rams is looking quite possible now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think the Browns can pass on Richardson now they need a elite player in that offense. I do wonder if Matt Flynn will be in to visit anytime soon.

Still hoping he goes to Cincy. Personal preference is Cincy>TB>Jets>Cleveland. Although if Flynn goes to Cleveland, their line is pretty good, maybe Cleveland wouldn't be THAT bad for Richardson.

I think the chances are slim that he falls out of the top 5 now. Unless Cleveland desides to go with Blackmon, Claibourne and Richardson will be the 4 and 5 picks, but who knows which goes where.

So now that we're a week into free agency, any new thoughts on where he ends up? What's his best landing spot now? Personally, I think I'd prefer him going to Tampa rather than Cleveland. I don't think Cinci or anyone else moves up to get him.

TB, Cinci or Cleveland would all be good spots. St. Louis would suck for S-Jax and Richardson owners...then again, the Panthers made it work.

I personally think Cleveland would be a horrible spot. Just going off memory didnt they average less than 10 ppg last year on offense? A rb facing 8 in the box cause your passing game sucks wont make a huge difference. Just ask Hillis.

I personally think Cleveland would be a horrible spot. Just going off memory didnt they average less than 10 ppg last year on offense? A rb facing 8 in the box cause your passing game sucks wont make a huge difference. Just ask Hillis.
I did ask him. He told me that in 2010 when the Browns passing offense was bottom-5 in the NFL (28th in attempts, 29th in yards, 30th in passing TDs), he gained almost 1600 total yards, averaged 4.4 YPC, and scored 13 TDs. Then he told me that in 2011 when their passing offense improved (slightly), he had a craptastic year.So basically he told me that the Browns O-line can allow a RB to be successful, even if the Browns passing game is anemic.

As good as Richardson may or may not be, I feel that the Bengals will stay where they are and draft BPA. They have been very patient in the draft over the last couple of years and it has worked very well. My thoughts are that they go CB-OL or CB-S(if Barron is available). If Richardson is there, They will take him. I said the same thing when Sjax was available and they passed to take Perry :wall: .

34 bench reps

4.43 40

Anyone else want to make guesses. I think he will have good jumps but don't follow the numbers enough.
I predict slightly more reps...the 40 time should be right on though.ESPNU is airing today's Pro Day live from 11-1 PM EST.

he looks great for being at 70% or so. i'm not sure if he did a 3 cone or least they didn't show it on espnu, but he did some agility type stuff cutting through cones relatively unhindered. running passing routes and in/out of breaks looked good as well.

he was doing blocking drills and he knocked over a cleveland browns scout who was holding up a blocking pad - the guy had to be about 250-300lbs - quite impressive actually.

4.51 official25 on the bench
Not that is life or death but thought he would show more strength than he did. The 4.5-4.6 is the range I anticipated for the 40.
Maybe he's dogging it cuz he doesn't want to go to Cleveland or Tampa, and he's hoping he falls to the end of the first to be with a good team :tinfoilhat:
Today I think he cemented his draft status where he doesn't get out of the top 5. I expected more than 25 but that is still great for a RB.

Not that is life or death but thought he would show more strength than he did. The 4.5-4.6 is the range I anticipated for the 40.
Maybe he's dogging it cuz he doesn't want to go to Cleveland or Tampa, and he's hoping he falls to the end of the first to be with a good team :tinfoilhat:
Today I think he cemented his draft status where he doesn't get out of the top 5. I expected more than 25 but that is still great for a RB.
But it's not great for him, though. Can't he max over 500 lbs?

But it's not great for him, though. Can't he max over 500 lbs?
I agree, 25 is not great for him.

Hearing now he ran a 4.4.

Edit. 4.46

Very nice
pro day numbers will vary scout to scout it seems... i think anywhere in that range is great for a guy who's currently at about 70/75% health according to what was said. he looked good in the drills...
a video of him tossing the browns scout lol

Hearing now he ran a 4.4.

Edit. 4.46

Very nice
pro day numbers will vary scout to scout it seems... i think anywhere in that range is great for a guy who's currently at about 70/75% health according to what was said. he looked good in the drills...
That video is hilarious. He pancaked the 1st guy, sent the 2nd guy 2 feet into the air and was basically laughed at the 3rd guy. :lmao:

I came across this while watching that video of him pushing the tackling pad guy over.

Watch from 4:57 through the end and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor. That's definitely the most impressed I've been from one of those highlight vids other than maybe Adrian Peterson.

I came across this while watching that video of him push the tackling pad guy over.

Watch from 4:57 through the end and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor. That's definitely the most impressed I've been from one of those highlight vids other than maybe Adrian Peterson.
He's like a big Barry Sanders. Wow!

I'll just throw this out for comparison:

Ingram dropped a few fractions of a second to walk away satisfied. Times varied from a 4.47 to 4.53 in Ingram’s two attempts at the dash that he ran shirtless
The 227-pound Richardson says he bench-pressed 225 pounds 25 times. NFL.com says he was unofficially clocked from 4.45-4.49 in the 40.

Users who are viewing this thread