What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trent Richardson Landing Spot (1 Viewer)

The Browns passed on Peterson in 2007 for Joe Thomas. The Browns don't seem like a team that is willing to take a high pick on a RB.

The Browns passed on Peterson in 2007 for Joe Thomas. The Browns don't seem like a team that is willing to take a high pick on a RB.
So you would have passed on a top 3 LT? I would not Cleveland made the right pick then and they will make the right one this year....>DRAFT RICHARDSON... and yes I am a Browns HOmer

'Lrbutler said:
'Dez said:
So you would have passed on a top 3 LT? I would not Cleveland made the right pick then and they will make the right one this year....>DRAFT RICHARDSON... and yes I am a Browns HOmer
Good post. Hopefully Thomas can bring Trent along on his yearly flight to the Pro Bowl.

Man, I could not believe how Richardson looks with his shirt off (NTTAWWT)... thick AND shredded. :shock:

He looks deceivingly small in pads. I had the same reaction during Percy Harvin's pro day.

Pretty damn good o-line in Cleveland.

Need a star RB.

It'll be a perfect fit.

It's clear they were after offense when they attempted to get Griffin.

Go next best.

'Xue said:
Did anyone see Trent make this sick one-handed catch at his Pro Day?http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iSyZCPYZxFY#t=25s
That was sick! But he did have a lot of drops too from what highlights i seen. Anybody else kinda let down by his pass catching at his pro day. Whatcha think ?

'Xue said:
Did anyone see Trent make this sick one-handed catch at his Pro Day?http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iSyZCPYZxFY#t=25s
That was sick! But he did have a lot of drops too from what highlights i seen. Anybody else kinda let down by his pass catching at his pro day. Whatcha think ?
Peterson has had a damn fine career without catching many balls.So I'm not too worried.Though, of course Id prefer he has the ability

I know he has the ability. Just was expecting better from his pro day. Wondering if you guys think he had the jitters and under performed or if thats what his skills are. For the record im extremely high on him.

I came across this while watching that video of him push the tackling pad guy over.

Watch from 4:57 through the end and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor. That's definitely the most impressed I've been from one of those highlight vids other than maybe Adrian Peterson.
He's like a big Barry Sanders. Wow!
Oh my! Just got a chance to look at this. Wow. On that long run, he embarasses the SAME GUY TWICE (#21)! The first time was at the line of scrimmage when he was the first who had a shot at Richardson and then again neqr the end of the run with a big fake that left him on his rear end. Good year to have the #1 pick in a keeper or dynasty league!

Last edited by a moderator:
In another highlight on that highlight reel, I love when the announcer says 'Hocus Pocus'. I'm not much for nicknames but thats a good one for him, lol.

Here's another video from ESPN's Sports Science. Almost 50% of his yeards came after contact. Wow!

Polian: Richardson belongs in 'sure thing' category with Luck, Griffin

Vinnie Iyer

Sporting News

The two quarterbacks expected to be selected in the top two picks in the 2012 NFL draft—Stanford's Andrew Luck and Baylor's Robert Griffin III—are seen by many scouts and talent evaluators as "can't-miss prospects." One notable former team executive thinks one more notable offensive prospect belongs in that category.

Appearing as a guest on Sirius XM NFL Blitz on Sirius XM Radio on Monday, former Indianapolis Colts vice chairman Bill Polian—now an analyst for ESPN—called Luck, Griffin and Alabama running back Trent Richardson the "three sure-thing players" in the class of 2012.

The Colts are expected to take Luck with the first overall pick on April 26, in their first draft without Polian since 1997—the year before they took Peyton Manning in the same No. 1 spot. The Washington Redskins also are very confident that Griffin can be a franchise QB and are set to take him No. 2 after trading up with the St. Louis Rams.

As for where Richardson goes, that's up in the air. Even with feature back Adrian Peterson coming off a major knee injury, the Minnesota Vikings are in greater need of an offensive tackle (such as USC's Matt Kalil) and a cornerback (such as LSU's Morris Claiborne).

Picking in the two spots after Minnesota, the Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are viewed as potential landing spots for Richardson. So while he won't be right behind Griffin and Luck again—like he was in the 2011 Heisman Trophy race—he might be ahead of them with his potential to provide an immediate impact to the team that makes him a top-five pick.

I know that it's not standard operating procedure for the pats, but any chance they make a bold move up to get him? They've got plenty of ammo to get it done right?

I know that it's not standard operating procedure for the pats, but any chance they make a bold move up to get him? They've got plenty of ammo to get it done right?
Well, they gotta move to #4 to get him.And the Browns won't sell cheap..... IMO won't sell at all.But anything is possible.

Well, they gotta move to #4 to get him.And the Browns won't sell cheap..... IMO won't sell at all.But anything is possible.
I don't think this will happen. The Pats invested two 2nd roundrs on RBs just last year. But the question is, is there anyone who may be willing to pay the premium to leapfrog both Cleveland and Tampa Bay to #3 to land Richardson? I read that Miami might move up for Tennehill, but does anyone need an RB bad enough to make he jump? If not, I doubT he makes it past TB at #5.

Dont they have enough problems on defense to just focus on that for now?

Power eye: Rams want RB Richardson

By Jeff Reynolds | NFLDraftScout.com

Steven Jackson has had a marvelous career by any reasonable measure -- seven straight 1,000-yard seasons, 4.3.-yard career average per carry and an average of 46.1 receptions in eight seasons since he was drafted in the first round of the 2004 draft.

While Jackson is the only game-changer on the roster, he turns 29 in July, and coach Jeff Fisher, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and general manager Les Snead all grew up in the NFL with a philosophy of winning with power football. Jackson has missed just two games the last three seasons, but he has regularly played hurt.

That's why it's not a surprise that the Rams have clearly set the line for Alabama's Trent Richardson with their first-round pick (sixth overall).

Jackson came into the league as the second fiddle to Marshall Faulk and had 134 carries for 673 yards as a rookie. A similar workload for Richardson, who scouts continue to argue is as good at his position as any player in the draft is at theirs outside of QBs Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin, benefits all parties.

Most important, it'd help the Rams achieve their chief priority -- protecting Sam Bradford.

Forcing teams to stuff a two-headed monster of Jackson and Richardson would make an otherwise average offense formidable, and offset the Rams' weaknesses at left tackle, wide receiver and tight end. Fisher said bluntly that he hasn't devalued the RB position (clearly, he'd be in the minority there) and the Rams won't be running a four-wide spread offense any time soon.

The two questions to consider: Are the Rams throwing up a smokescreen by leaking their interest in Richardson? Two reports, on the same day, citing Rams' sources linked the franchise to Richardson. One came from former Rams scout Russ Lande of the Sporting News, the other was Jim Thomas' Post-Dispatch blurb that fans shouldn't "be shocked or even surprised" if Richardson is the team's pick.

A reminder, no truths are told in April where team sources are involved. The Rams have said they are willing to trade up (Fisher even said the fourth overall pick with the Browns was possible) or down (to gather more picks) and have also been unguarded heaping praise on Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon .

If the Rams truly are pining for Richardson, are they willing to pay the freight to go up and get him?

Trade-up speculation currently centers around the Vikings at No. 3, and teams that might want to scramble and gamble that Ryan Tannehill is more than an athlete playing quarterback, overlooking his late-game failures at Texas A&M and praying he won't be the next Kyle Boller.

If the Browns don't bite, moving up one spot to take Tannehill to block the Dolphins and Chiefs from getting position, Richardson likely comes off the board with the No. 4 pick. The irony: now it's Mike Holmgren's turn to decide if Fisher and the Rams present an offer worthy of their attention.
Rams and Richardson makes no sense

By Pete Prisco | Senior NFL Columnist

At a time when the running back position is being de-valued, the St. Louis Rams, who already have Steven Jackson, are said to be eying Alabama running back Trent Richardson.

Get with the times, guys.

Jeff Fisher has always been a run-heavy coach. But as the league moved to a more wide-open style of play, I thought Fisher would change. Then he hired Brian Schottenheimer to be his offensive coordinator, which shows his commitment to the run game, even with Sam Bradford at quarterback.

Now we get hints that the Rams would love to pick Richardson with the sixth overall pick. I don't think Richardson makes it that far, but that would be a good thing for the Rams.

Backs don't hold their value. Even special ones come and go.

A year ago at this time, the best backs in the NFL were Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles and Maurice Jones-Drew.

Peterson and Charles tore ACLs. Johnson was a disappointment after getting a new contract. Foster missed three starts with injuries. Only Jones-Drew, who led the league in rushing, lived up to the billing.

Richardson is a real enigma in this draft. He might be the best overall player in terms of talent, but the running back value isn't there -- unless you are Jeff Fisher.

When I asked Fisher about the fullback position being phased out at the league meetings, he said not on his team. He said he'd have three if he could.

Fisher wants to run the ball. But with Bradford, the Rams have to build around the passing game. If they want to get a young runner to help start the transition away from Jackson, get one later in the draft.

Wasting a pick on Richardson high -- no matter how good he is -- makes no sense.

Just ask the New York Giants. They won a Super Bowl with the 32nd-ranked rushing attack in football.

I started this thread back in February and come pretty much full circle as far as landing spots. I now am hoping for TRich to land in Tampa Bay and they were my last choice before. The Browns would be a good spot as well. I actually can't think of a poor landing spot, except for NYJ now.....and that's unlikely.

I started this thread back in February and come pretty much full circle as far as landing spots. I now am hoping for TRich to land in Tampa Bay and they were my last choice before. The Browns would be a good spot as well. I actually can't think of a poor landing spot, except for NYJ now.....and that's unlikely.
It would surprise me if he made it past two RB needy teams at picks #4 and #5.

It would surprise me if he made it past two RB needy teams at picks #4 and #5.
Ditto

'eakfootball said:
:lmao: At people grading players off highlights instead of game tape.
Agree with the statement but 99% of people don't have actual game tape to review and almost nobody has regular access to the "all 22" tape, so they are left with watching games live and remembering, recording and rewatching, or quickly viewing what someone has taken a lot of time to put together in a highlight.

'Carl Eller said:
He's not going to make it to the Jets pick, but how exactly would that be a poor landing spot?

'Carl Eller said:
He's not going to make it to the Jets pick, but how exactly would that be a poor landing spot?
I see Tebow stealing TDs from every RB on that team.

'Carl Eller said:
Don't you think St. Louis, which is certainly a real possibility, would be a bad situation at least short-term with Jackson still in the fold?

'Carl Eller said:
Don't you think St. Louis, which is certainly a real possibility, would be a bad situation at least short-term with Jackson still in the fold?
Short term (1-2 years) I'd agree STL would be a horrible landing spot, but I think long term it's a dream landing spot.

'Carl Eller said:
It would be a great spot if it made him drop in my rookie draft to my pick.

'Carl Eller said:
Short term (1-2 years) I'd agree STL would be a horrible landing spot, but I think long term it's a dream landing spot.
I liked that response.

'Chimp Magnet said:
Regardless of where he lands we at least know his character.

Trent takes cancer survivor to prom
Check this out. It looks like the dad commented on the ESPN article.
PromdateDad

never posted before, but I had to after reading some of these posts. With all the media attention this young man came to our house with flowers, asked if he could take our daughter to the prom and interacted with the mass of people there to support them both. Throughout the craziness he was humble, respectful and made my daughter who had been through so much feel like a princess. For that we will forever be in his debt... We have seen her on the ventilator, shaved her head when her hair fail out and numerous other issues, so to see her so happy meant the world. We would have been excited over any prom date after her journey, but see, after being unable to leave the house for a year she lost contact and no one asked her to the prom. Trent stepped up so she wouldn't have to go by herself and his actions were all about making her night all about her. I could not have asked for more of a gentleman!! I am 44 years old and wish I had the compassion and class this young man displayed. My wife and I think of him as family now and will forever owe a debt of gratitude. As for his girls, I got to meet them and they are clearly Daddy's Girls!!

2 fans like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chimp Magnet said:
Regardless of where he lands we at least know his character.

Trent takes cancer survivor to prom
Check this out. It looks like the dad commented on the ESPN article.
PromdateDad

never posted before, but I had to after reading some of these posts. With all the media attention this young man came to our house with flowers, asked if he could take our daughter to the prom and interacted with the mass of people there to support them both. Throughout the craziness he was humble, respectful and made my daughter who had been through so much feel like a princess. For that we will forever be in his debt... We have seen her on the ventilator, shaved her head when her hair fail out and numerous other issues, so to see her so happy meant the world. We would have been excited over any prom date after her journey, but see, after being unable to leave the house for a year she lost contact and no one asked her to the prom. Trent stepped up so she wouldn't have to go by herself and his actions were all about making her night all about her. I could not have asked for more of a gentleman!! I am 44 years old and wish I had the compassion and class this young man displayed. My wife and I think of him as family now and will forever owe a debt of gratitude. As for his girls, I got to meet them and they are clearly Daddy's Girls!!

2 fans like this.
It's easy to be cynical when we know a guy is looking to secure a fat payday in two weeks...but good for Richardson for taking a night to make a special girl's day. Lets hope he keeps it up after he gets his checks.

:yes: It'd be like passing on AD because the viking had an established back in Chester Taylor. Not that I'm saying CT and SJax are on the same level talent wise.

:yes: It'd be like passing on AD because the viking had an established back in Chester Taylor. Not that I'm saying CT and SJax are on the same level talent wise.
Agreed! I'm not passing on Richardson short of a blown out knee or torn Achilles.

Users who are viewing this thread