What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: *** Official T.O. thread *** (1 Viewer)

That's certainly one way to look at it.  The other argument, though, would be that Parcells likes to run first, and while it's reasonable to expect Owens to exceed the numbers I posted, we'll more easily over-estimate his numbers under Parcells than underestimate them.  Also, Parcells has never had a tandem of receivers as good as Glenn and TO, so Glenn may get some balls that might otherwise go to TO. 

My projections: 85/1275/11.
Will you please look a few things up for me if you have the time?1. Which quarterback holds the record for passing attempts in a single game? Who was coaching him at the time? (this player also broke the record for single game completions during that game)

2. Which quarterback is first and third in the record books for most passing attempts in a season? Who coached him for those seasons?

The answers might surprise you.
11-12 seasons ago, but hmmm...Most Passing Attempts, Game

70 Drew Bledsoe New England vs Minn OT 11/13/94

69 Vinny Testaverde NY Jets vs Baltimore 12/24/00

68 George Blanda Houston vs Buffalo 11/1/64

66 Chris Miller Atlanta vs Detroit 12/24/89

Most Passing Attempts, Season

691 Drew Bledsoe New England 1994

655 Warren Moon Houston 1991

636 Drew Bledsoe New England 1995

Most Passes Completed, Game

45 Drew Bledsoe New England vs Minn OT 11/13/94

42 Richard Todd NY Jets vs SF 9/21/80

Vinny Testaverde NY Jets vs Seattle 12/6/98

41 Warren Moon Houston vs Dallas OT 11/10/91

Most Passes Completed, Season

404 Warren Moon Houston 1991

400 Drew Bledsoe New England 1994

385 Dan Marino Miami 1994

Linky

Even in free agency, Terrell Owens' situation continues to be somewhat of a saga.

Thursday night, Lubbock's KLBK-13 CBS TV reported that the Cowboys have struck a deal with Owens. But when contacted by FOXSports.com about the report, agent Drew Rosenhaus vehemently denied that any such deal was finalized.

"I heard about the report too," Rosenhaus said. "Not true. Absolutely not true."

Despite Rosenhaus' denials however, a source close to Owens told FOXSports.com that the receiver has in fact agreed to a three-year deal with the Cowboys — a deal that likely won't be announced until the weekend in order for owner Jerry Jones to be available in Dallas to properly make the announcement.

And now the next 48 hours will tell who's telling the truth.

You Cowboy fans do realize he hasn't signed a contract with the team, don't you?

It is funny to see you so willing to embrace a player who danced at midfield on your teams logo however. :lmao:

You Cowboy fans do realize he hasn't signed a contract with the team, don't you?

It is funny to see you so willing to embrace a player who danced at midfield on your teams logo however. :lmao:
EMBRACIN' AND DANCIN' ALL THE WAY TO SUPER BOWL XLI!!!

It is funny to see you so willing to embrace a player who danced at midfield on your teams logo however.  :lmao:
Won't happen with Bledsoe at QB.T.O. is that you I hear #####ing about Bledsoe already?

Bledsoe is no McNabb, forget about being Farve. :lmao:

hey dallas, TO dont mean instant playoffs for you, show me something when yur QB is feces and defense was disappointing,

dallas fans waiting in the weeds

heres to a TO broken leg

hey dallas, TO dont mean instant playoffs for you, show me something when yur QB is feces and defense was disappointing,

dallas fans waiting in the weeds

heres to a TO broken leg
Don't hate da playa...hate da game

So where does he go in redrafts if this rumor is true (and it seems to be)

Im thinking if I have a late 1st round pick, hes a possibility. Id have to think long and hard about it, but if he can keep it together for a whole season hes gonna be :moneybag:

Its just a matter of whether or not I can pull the trigger. I think I could.

Who is the starting QB for the Cowboy's this season :confused:
You're a fantasy football player, and you (1) don't know who the Dallas QB is and (2) don't know how to find out without asking here?Don Meredith

Who is the starting QB for the Cowboy's this season :confused:
You're a fantasy football player, and you (1) don't know who the Dallas QB is and (2) don't know how to find out without asking here?Don Meredith
I am assuming Bledsoe, and I am lazy. ;)
What, you didn't believe me, lazy? :P Yeah, it'll be Bledsoe.But you can't trust any answers you get here, so maybe it'll be Drew Brees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am genuinely dissapointed as a Viking fan, I was hoping T.O. would sign with the Packers and sink their franchise.

As a Cowboys fan, I hope TO signs elsewhere. Forget lockeroom cancer, the guy is a lockeroom ebola virus...destroying everything in it's wake with scary proficiency. He will ruin our team.

It should be interesting ........

For the first year TO was a model citizen in Philly, he was great with the press and fans and team mates (as far as we could tell). He was revered at his first training camp with chants of TO ... TO ... everywhere.

Year 2 - his ego hit the street as is well documented.

The wierd part is that after that SB performance he could have made $40-50 MM is endorsements but his focus was being the highest paid WR in NFL .... ego ....... not money

I have 2 favorite teams , The Eagles and whoever Dallas is playing .....

I predict a great season for the hated Cowboys and TO in year 1 but God help you in year 2 :lmao:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:54 a.m. EST; UPDATED 6:16 a.m. EST, March 17, 2006

DENIALS OF T.O. SIGNING ARE BOGUS?

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that receiver Terrell Owens indeed has a deal in place with the Dallas Cowboys, even as agent Drew Rosenhaus denies that any arrangement with the Cowboys is in place.

Glazer reports that it's a three-year deal. If so, that tells us that T.O. didn't get a signing bonus in excess of $15 million. Otherwise, the contract undoubtedly would have had a longer term, if for no reason other than to reduce the cap charge in 2006.

The broader questions are these. First, if no deal is in place, why are there multiple reports to the contrary? Second, if a contract has been reached, why wouldn't the Cowboys announce it now -- and why would Rosenhaus deny its existence?

Here's our interpretation.

There is a deal in place, and Rosenhaus is saying that there isn't because he agreed to allow the Cowboys to announce the deal on Monday. So when asked about reports of a deal, what else can he say?

But why would the Cowboys wait until Monday to announce the deal? On the surface, the answer is easy -- owner Jerry Jones is on vacation and he wants to be the one who gets in front of the media and crows about the team's biggest free agent signing in a decade (see Deion Sanders).

And let's take this a level deeper. Owens was released on Tuesday. Could it be that the Cowboys and Rosenhaus worked out the contract before Tuesday -- and that both sides thereafter decided to defer announcing it for a week after the official termination of his contract?

Owens had permission to seek a trade before his release, which would have included working out a contract with a new team and then working out compensation with the Eagles. But Owens didn't have permission to strike a deal with a new team and then sit back and wait to be released.

If that happened, it would explain the information that we caught wind of on Tuesday night regarding Owens' supposed plan to wait as long as it takes for the deal that he wants. It's possible that this was all part of the ruse and that, in reality, he didn't have to wait at all, because the deal with the Cowboys already was in the bag.

Here's one thing of which we're relatively certain. The Eagles are paying close attention to this one, and there will be plenty of discussions among the upper reaches of the organization regarding whether to pursue tampering charges against the Cowboys.

As Glazer reported in November, the Eagles already have asked the NFL once to punish Jones for comments he made regarding a possible interest in Owens. If there's any fire (and there's already smoke) regarding the possibility that Owens had a deal in place with Dallas before Tuesday, we expect the Eagles to be knocking on the Commish's door again.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:54 a.m. EST; UPDATED 6:16 a.m. EST, March 17, 2006

DENIALS OF T.O. SIGNING ARE BOGUS?

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that receiver Terrell Owens indeed has a deal in place with the Dallas Cowboys, even as agent Drew Rosenhaus denies that any arrangement with the Cowboys is in place.

Glazer reports that it's a three-year deal. If so, that tells us that T.O. didn't get a signing bonus in excess of $15 million. Otherwise, the contract undoubtedly would have had a longer term, if for no reason other than to reduce the cap charge in 2006.

The broader questions are these. First, if no deal is in place, why are there multiple reports to the contrary? Second, if a contract has been reached, why wouldn't the Cowboys announce it now -- and why would Rosenhaus deny its existence?

Here's our interpretation.

There is a deal in place, and Rosenhaus is saying that there isn't because he agreed to allow the Cowboys to announce the deal on Monday. So when asked about reports of a deal, what else can he say?

But why would the Cowboys wait until Monday to announce the deal? On the surface, the answer is easy -- owner Jerry Jones is on vacation and he wants to be the one who gets in front of the media and crows about the team's biggest free agent signing in a decade (see Deion Sanders).

And let's take this a level deeper. Owens was released on Tuesday. Could it be that the Cowboys and Rosenhaus worked out the contract before Tuesday -- and that both sides thereafter decided to defer announcing it for a week after the official termination of his contract?

Owens had permission to seek a trade before his release, which would have included working out a contract with a new team and then working out compensation with the Eagles. But Owens didn't have permission to strike a deal with a new team and then sit back and wait to be released.

If that happened, it would explain the information that we caught wind of on Tuesday night regarding Owens' supposed plan to wait as long as it takes for the deal that he wants. It's possible that this was all part of the ruse and that, in reality, he didn't have to wait at all, because the deal with the Cowboys already was in the bag.

Here's one thing of which we're relatively certain. The Eagles are paying close attention to this one, and there will be plenty of discussions among the upper reaches of the organization regarding whether to pursue tampering charges against the Cowboys.

As Glazer reported in November, the Eagles already have asked the NFL once to punish Jones for comments he made regarding a possible interest in Owens. If there's any fire (and there's already smoke) regarding the possibility that Owens had a deal in place with Dallas before Tuesday, we expect the Eagles to be knocking on the Commish's door again.
This just in reports of denials being bogus may be bogus!! :lmao:

The more that I think about it, the more that I think TO won't post gaudy numbers. Very good numbers, no doubt. But not obscene numbers.

Dallas will likely force teams to play a lot of cover 2. Glenn, on the other side, commanded double teams much of last year. The big games that he had last year were when teams tried to single cover him. He showed the abilitiy to punish defenses that only gave him single coverage.

TO, of course, will draw double coverage. Hence the cover 2.

So it will be Witten and Julius Jones who are likely to benefit the most from this signing. Witten has too much speed for most linebackers. I expect him to have a big year if TO comes on board. Likewise, JJ won't face nearly as many 8-man fronts. Of course, as bad as Dallas' run blocking was last year, he still might not be all that spectacular. But regardless, he should have improved numbers.

Its going to be fun to watch Dallas' offense this year. Especially if they can shore up their line. Given the defense that continues to mature, this could be a nasty team to face next year.

I predict a great season for the hated Cowboys and TO in year 1 but God help you in year 2 :lmao:
:goodposting: Truer words have never been spoken. T.O. could very welle eclipse 20 touchdowns this year (with whoever he signs with), it is year 2 and beyond that the franchise must concern themselves with.

Terrell Owens will be the top WR in the NFL in 2006 with Dallas. His numbers will look something like this...

95-105 catches

1350-1450 yards

16-18 touchdowns

:football:
Way too many TD's in my opinion. 11-14 imoOT-I am bumping Julius Jones a few slots as well. Opposing D's will not be able to stack the box anymore and just play the run.

All Bledsoe needs to do is get the ball in TO's hands and he will do the rest. Key with his lack of seperation caught 71 balls last year, add 15 to that total and you're talking 1200 yards and a min of 10 td's.

<--- How ya like THESE apples?
THAT'S RIGHT BABY!!!Eagles Super Bowls

Cowboys Super Bowls
I was going to argue with you, but then I noticed your handle. :lmao: Why that name, JasonGarrett17 was taken?
Dude, your avatar is effing scary...
Yours is scarier. :yucky: His name is Brian Peppers.

Dare you to google him.
The dude is a sex offender, i know you are going for shock value but none the less it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you should be proud to have as an avatar..now, back to the TO saga

As a Cowboys fan, I hope TO signs elsewhere. Forget lockeroom cancer, the guy is a lockeroom ebola virus...destroying everything in it's wake with scary proficiency. He will ruin our team.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You've got to trust the tunaHe's not dumb, he knows what TO is, you've got to trust that he can handle the situation!

You've got to trust the tunaHe's not dumb, he knows what TO is, you've got to trust that he can handle the situation!
Yeah and that is what all the Eagles fans said about Andy Reid.....

There is a part of me that wants the guy to screw Dallas like he did Baltimore :D :P :lmao:

When will teams learn not to f with this guy

It is funny to see you so willing to embrace a player who danced at midfield on your teams logo however.  :lmao:
Oh yeah, Im sure that Elite QB Bledsoe will dance you there. Have fun with TO. All may be dreamy this year but it wont last long.

Reid < Tuna

Joe's source is right, be patient grass hoppers. Let's not forget the other needs on this team which will be done soon. :)

Reid < Tuna
they are cut from the same cloth. Big difference is with the new CBA the Cowboys have less options of discipline then the Eagles did last year. I just don't see how if Owens was unhappy with McNabb, his chosen QB, and friend, how he could possibly be happy with Bledsoe.

I got a chickle out of that too, But what the hell, information is what we're after, and getting it early always increases the chances of it not being true. I'd still rather hear stuff early than wait until it's in all the mainstream sports sites.

That's certainly one way to look at it.  The other argument, though, would be that Parcells likes to run first, and while it's reasonable to expect Owens to exceed the numbers I posted, we'll more easily over-estimate his numbers under Parcells than underestimate them.  Also, Parcells has never had a tandem of receivers as good as Glenn and TO, so Glenn may get some balls that might otherwise go to TO. 

My projections: 85/1275/11.
Will you please look a few things up for me if you have the time?1. Which quarterback holds the record for passing attempts in a single game? Who was coaching him at the time? (this player also broke the record for single game completions during that game)

2. Which quarterback is first and third in the record books for most passing attempts in a season? Who coached him for those seasons?

The answers might surprise you.
Are you really comparing Dallas' defense and running game this year to the Patriots' in 1993 and 1994? Dallas fans are talking about making a run into the playoffs, so how can that comparison be valid?

The best stats a WR has put up on a Bill Parcells coached team are:

| Name                 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Keyshawn Johnson'98  | 16 |    2    60  30.0   1  |   83  1131  13.6  10 || Keyshawn Johnson'99  | 16 |    5     6   1.2   0  |   89  1170  13.1   8 || Terry Glenn'05       | 16 |    2    -4  -2.0   1  |   62  1136  18.3   7 || Terry Glenn'96       | 15 |    5    42   8.4   0  |   90  1132  12.6   6 | :popcorn:
Interesting.I wonder what the best years from a Andy Reid coached WR were before TO. ;)
Of course, Andy Reid didn't coach a team with WR's as good as Keyshawn in '98-'99, or Terry Glenn in '96 or '05 before TO arrived in Philly.

Terrell Owens will be the top WR in the NFL in 2006 with Dallas. His numbers will look something like this...

95-105 catches

1350-1450 yards

16-18 touchdowns

:football:
Way too many TD's in my opinion. 11-14 imoOT-I am bumping Julius Jones a few slots as well. Opposing D's will not be able to stack the box anymore and just play the run.
Exactly. I think the two biggest beneficiaries of the addition of TO in Dallas would be Witten and Jones, with Bledsoe a close 3rd.

Anyone else find it hilarious that FBG is the one posting "rumors" from "sources" and PFT is refuting them?
Hi Diesel,Not really. I posted what I knew and clearly defined it as such. They hear something slightly different. I still believe what I know is right. But we'll see soon enough.

J

Joe - still give u props for letting us know what you heard. Generated a lot of discussion and as a TO owner in a dynasty league I'm a happy camper :banned:

TO is an amazing player. As a die hard Eagle fan, I am sorry his tenure failed simply due to money issues

Users who are viewing this thread