What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

I'll be there in about 6 weeks.Restuarants booked:Tutto Italia Ristorante (we've been here before, but not in our last 2 trips) - Love this place. Great Italian food.Whispering Canyon Café - Never been. Booked it completely based on recommendations in this thread.San Angel Inn - Been at this one before, we're big fans of Mexican food so this one was a must.The Crystal Palace - My kids enjoy the character meals so we're doing a breakfast here. Never been.The Garden Grill - Went here once before and my kids loved it. Character meal and kids enjoy "making their own dessert."Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Never been to this one, but last visit we ate in Cinderella's castle, which was very cool. My daughter is excited for this one.There were several other restuarants we wanted to try but they were booked already (we've tried Canada steakhouse our last 3 trips, always booked).We're staying in the Polynesian, which is a 1st for me, but my wife stayed there all the time as a kid. Looking forward to quick monorail transport to MK & Epcot.
Staying at the Polynesian and not eating at O'hana is basically like going to Vegas just to see the Hoover Dam. Don't be that guy.

We are doing Disneyland in July using the 5 for 3 deal that they have---probably staying at the Grand or Disneyland Hotel.

We have stayed at both in the past, but have never done the dining plan there. Last time we were there, it seemed like the food killed us pricewise, but we did do 3 character meals.

Any tips on the Disneyland dining plan?

Also for the Disneyworld folks, we are looking at a trip there probably not next year, but the year following, is it worth it to join the DVC. Is there any advantage to it?

Taking Mrs. Osaurus over on Friday. We are staying at Old Key West for two nights and doing EPCOT. Gonna try to get in Le Cellier this time. We are also going to scout some other resorts for our last trip before Summer comes. We are planning to do a half day at Animal Kingdom and the next day is another half day at Hollywood Studios. Any recommendations for a resort near both? TIA.

Will report back on Sunday when we get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got into Le Cellier for lunch. Very pleased with it and it is not overhyped IMO. Will report on the rest of the trip tomorrow.

I'll be there in about 6 weeks.Restuarants booked:Tutto Italia Ristorante (we've been here before, but not in our last 2 trips) - Love this place. Great Italian food.Whispering Canyon Café - Never been. Booked it completely based on recommendations in this thread.San Angel Inn - Been at this one before, we're big fans of Mexican food so this one was a must.The Crystal Palace - My kids enjoy the character meals so we're doing a breakfast here. Never been.The Garden Grill - Went here once before and my kids loved it. Character meal and kids enjoy "making their own dessert."Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Never been to this one, but last visit we ate in Cinderella's castle, which was very cool. My daughter is excited for this one.There were several other restuarants we wanted to try but they were booked already (we've tried Canada steakhouse our last 3 trips, always booked).We're staying in the Polynesian, which is a 1st for me, but my wife stayed there all the time as a kid. Looking forward to quick monorail transport to MK & Epcot.
Princess breakfast at Norway is pretty good, they keep bringing platters of food.

Barring some form of economic change that I don't forsee in the next two months this will be the first time in 10 years we don't go at least once. :shrug:

Anyone ever use Tourguide Mike? Is it worth the money? I have the unofficial guide. Will TGM be any better?
Best money you'll spend on this trip. As long as you and your group don't mind splitting up now and then to follow his detailed itinerary and waking up early isn't a problem to get there before the parks open. For instance, at Epcot he recommends basically sending one person to sprint to the Soaring ride to grab some fast passes as soon as the park opens while another person in your party heads to Test Track.We planned our days using it and afterward we reflected that we would have gladly paid $50+ for that knowledge.

Be there in 2 weeks. I can't wait.

I'll be there for 10 days. Only going to Disney parks for 2, maybe 3 of them.

Have booked 3 dinners:

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Boma

Anyone ever use Tourguide Mike? Is it worth the money? I have the unofficial guide. Will TGM be any better?
We've used TGM the last couple of trips and found it invaluable. Gives great practical advice. Very highly recommended. Once we figured out our day-to-day plan using his advice, we knew exactly what we were doing each day -- enabled us to see everything with a minimum of hassle.

Just got back. All I can say is wow.

Customer service was great. Food at the character meals was great. Quick Service food was meh. We went on tons of rides. It rained for about 30 minutes each day.

Hoop De Do was a lot of fun.

The princess breakfast blew my kids minds and the food was great.

Our family had a blast. It took us a couple days to get the hang of it but it was a lot of fun. If you have little kids and are going to multiple parks. Wait to go to Magic Kingdom because the other parks don't live up to it. We were pretty bored at Epcot. Kids just wanted to go back to pool and swim.

Drinks are off the charts expensive so I bought a bottle of booze at the sundries store and went that route. :confused:

Best money you'll spend on this trip. As long as you and your group don't mind splitting up now and then to follow his detailed itinerary and waking up early isn't a problem to get there before the parks open. For instance, at Epcot he recommends basically sending one person to sprint to the Soaring ride to grab some fast passes as soon as the park opens while another person in your party heads to Test Track.We planned our days using it and afterward we reflected that we would have gladly paid $50+ for that knowledge.
I do a pretty good job planning our trip when we go. We strategically fast pass and stuff like that so we dont wait on lines. Longest wait last time was 15-20 minutes.Can you give an idea of what else he says. I just went to the web site since I never heard of it. Does he tell you how to get deals on hotels?22 bucks isnt that much but if I dont need it, I dont want to waste it

I do a pretty good job planning our trip when we go. We strategically fast pass and stuff like that so we dont wait on lines. Longest wait last time was 15-20 minutes.Can you give an idea of what else he says. I just went to the web site since I never heard of it. Does he tell you how to get deals on hotels?22 bucks isnt that much but if I dont need it, I dont want to waste it
He may give hotel advice. Not sure. I rented a condo per the gurus at tripadvisors.Don't remember many specifics and I'd feel bad giving them away because I was that satisfied with my purchase, but he directed us to the almost secret entrance at Animal Kingdom where we waited with about 6 other people while everyone else stood around like 100s of cattle.We never waited more than a few minutes for rides during our week. You plug in what days you'll be in town and he tells you which days to go to which parks and what to avoid. You're already dropping a ton of coin for this trip. At worst, you'll get affirmation of the way you've been approaching the trips and maybe a couple new ideas. At best, you'll maximize your time like only a select few else at the parks and hardly ever wait in a line.

I paid for touring plans my first trip and TGM for the second. They were both well worth the money. We would arrive at park opening and have all of the major rides done by noon and then just do what we wanted. It is hard to compare the two side by side since it has been a couple of years, but TGM is definitely worth the investment. It is worth the price to avoid the crowds. What is $20 compared to the price of your trip?

I know most people know all the attractions at all the theme parks, so this trip report will not spend too much time on the rides, and attractions, but some of the smaller subtle things we noticed/did while we were in Disney. My wife, 2 boys (Zach 8 and Mason 6) as well as my sister in law (for only 3 nights) arrived at MCO via Airtran on Sun Apr 11. at 8:00 in the morning.

Firstly, I must say that I was super impressed with Airtran. After having flown Spirit almost exclusively for many years, I may have found a new carrier. Seats were bigger/more comfy, free drinks, and free XM radio were a big hit.

Next I must comment on the whole Disney Magical Express program. WOW. What a great thing. Luggage arrived in our room about an hour after we did. It was so nice not having to lug the luggage while checking, in, and getting out bearings at POR. We made one stop, and then straight to Port Orleans Riverside.

Speaking of POR, I could not have been more happy with this resort. It is pretty big, as we were in building 57 ( I think) We had a bus stop right behind out room, and a bridge right across to the main pool, and to the main building, but far enough away that the noise didn’t bother us at all. As we were there 2 weeks after Easter, the crowds were down, and we could maneuver at will wherever we went, and the resort was no exception. We ate in the food court for breakfasts and one dinner, and were quite happy with the food. Good quantities on the DDP, and never had to wait for a table to sit. It was very very nice to be able to grab a very decadent piece of cheesecake as a daily snack. I would happily return to POR anytime! We also rented a surry bike, went fishing (no luck) and used the arcade. We still didn’t see the whole resort. It was so clean, lush, and a pleasure to stay at. The mouse keeping was really invisible to us. We tipped the first day, and we had all our needs met. Having 3 adults, we requested a room with a trundle, but didn’t get one. We planned ahead and brought a blow up mattress, and the mousekeeping supplied us with fresh linen each day for it. Only issue was no port to plug my laptop in. It had been damaged, and not repaired before we checked it…no biggie.

Now, onto the trip:

We arrived on Sunday, got checked in, and had lunch, then headed to the Magic Kingdom. We had been up since 2:20 am to get to the airport ontime, so it was going to be a long day. Got there and first thing we saw was Chip n Dale signing. My wife made autograph books, and the kids were off and running…great start. I must say the first time you look down main st, and see the castle, it puts goosebumps on your arms. Pictures do not do it justice at all, and I just stood there for a minute, staring in awe!

We made our way around as much as we could, doing a bunch of things, and FP Space Mountain. Ate at Pecos Bill. It was OK only. My burger was good, but the wifes taco salad was below par. We had all the intentions to stay for the parade and Wishes, but we just couldn’t make it. Headed back to POR and got to bed. My feet were sore, and my toe looked swollen and was painful.

Day 2:

We had 10:00 reservations at Tusker House for Donalds Breakfast. Got there in plenty of time so we could wonder a bit before breakfast. Saw some characters and had a bunch of photopass shots taken here. Tusker House food was average, but the place was cool. Kids got all the autos (aside from Donald) and we were off to safari. This was fun, but I wish the car would go a bit slower, or even stop ever so often. We did the other walking tours, and rode Kali River rapids twice. Loved the Monkeys at the exit of the rapid ride! Oldest went to Expedition Everest, and we went to Dinoland. The ride “Dinosaur” scared the living crap out of my 6 year old…so riders beware! Saw DeVine and got some shots of her…very cool! Watch the parade, and the Tree of life. Time to head back to POR as we were going back to MK this night to see Spectro and Wishes. Got there around 7:30 and set up shop. The shows were just spectacular. My kids were even very happy that we went back (after waiting for 90 minutes, I was worried!) The crowds were still big, but exiting the park was no problem. Toe was getting worse and more and more painful!

Day 3 (Tuesday)

Breakfast at POR and off to DHS. Oldest son went to Tower of Terror and loved it! Did Star Tours, and both boys got picked for the Jedi Training…the highlight of their trip! It was such a special thing! We then went to The Indiana Jones show, and I got picked as an extra in the show…as a laugher. Was great fun, and my kids thought I was the coolest! My highlight…LOL Went to Sci Fi Dine in for dinner and had some tasty ribs. Tried to get only the Pixar Spin ride, but the wait was over an hr, and the park was closing…plus we did Buzz Lightyear at the MK. My toe is now almost unbearable. Get back to POR and my SIL takes the kids swimming as my wife and I try to figure out something for my toe. Call the front desk, and they say there is a walking in urgent clinic not far. They have a free shuttle that will pick me up, and return me to the resort. I call my travel insurance to make sure all is well, and off I go by myself. Wait time is about 2 hrs, but the service here is second to none. Big screen in the waiting room, free wifi, and drinks available to buy. I get in and the DR says I have a very very badly infected ingrown toenail and will need surgery to have to fixed. My options are have it done there or bare the pain and do it when I get home. I am there now, so I choose to have it done there. Take about 20 minutes, and I will spare you the details about how painful it was, but it is done. I am suppose to stay off my foot for 24 hrs…yeah….right! Get my meds from pharmacy, and head to POR to get some rest.

Day 4 (Wednesday)

We went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast, and the kids loved it. Got more autographs and pics! I limp to Epcot with the family after the monorail ride. I slow everyone down, but we get around. MY SIL get us FP for Saorin, and we head to the Nemo ride to kill time. Crushes show was very funny, and we head to Saorin….wow…so cool, and I am terrified of heights…LOL SIL runs to Test Track to get FP for us, before she has to depart back to Vegas. What a big help she was these few days. Do Honey I shrunk, and look at the topiaries, and then hit up Test Track…..BEST RIDE EVER! Went part way around the world, and met Mexican Donald. He was great! Love it. Dinner today is at Coral Reef. Good food, good views, and dessert was amazing (crème brulle) Quite expensive if not on the DDP. Hobble out back to POR for an early night, and the kids can have a swim.

Day 5 (Thursday)

This was suppose to be a return day to any park that the kids wanted to go to, but because of my toe, we stayed at POR, and relaxed a bit. Rented a Surrey bike, went cane fishing, arcade, and relaxed by the pool. Headed to the MK for our last dinner, at Crystal Palace for the Pooh dinner. By far the best meal of the trip. Even as a buffet, the food here was just amazing. Highly recommended. After dinner we wonder a bit, get more photopass pics (ended up with 57 total) We end up going to DTD for a bit to check out Legoland, and a few other shopping places before taking the boat back to POR for a swim. (the kids anyway) Toe is feeling 100 times better then it was…but sore nonetheless.

Day 6 (Friday, departure day)

Breakfast at POR foodcourt and a quick swim for the kids. Then the best part…LOL checked the luggage and checked in at the POR airline checkin. No bags to carry to the airport…was so nice! Magical Express back to MCO, and an equally nice flight back to Detroit. I am pooped!

Summary:

1: Always travel with insurance. We came from Canada, and never cross the boarder without it. My little ordeal will end up being in the 3500.00 neibourhood

2: Disney knows how to move crowds of people quickly.

3: Crystal Palace and Coral Reef were very good. Sci Fi was good, and Tusker House was OK. The POR food court was surprising good.

4: We really planned too much. We saw the must do’s that the kids wanted, but next time, less of a plan and more time will be needed.

5: I am doing this from my head, as I can not find my notes right now…possibly more to add later.

I paid for touring plans my first trip and TGM for the second. They were both well worth the money. We would arrive at park opening and have all of the major rides done by noon and then just do what we wanted. It is hard to compare the two side by side since it has been a couple of years, but TGM is definitely worth the investment. It is worth the price to avoid the crowds. What is $20 compared to the price of your trip?
:towelwave: We used the tour plans and found them invaluable. Not sure which website my wife used, but it was listed in the Unofficial Guide to Disney book.

Day 3 (Tuesday)Did Star Tours, and both boys got picked for the Jedi Training…the highlight of their trip! It was such a special thing! WTried to get only the Pixar Spin ride, but the wait was over an hr, and the park was closing…plus we did Buzz Lightyear at the MK. My toe is now almost unbearable.
Glad you had fun...How did they do the Jedi training for you all...you say both got picked...did they not have a line set up to pick the first however many for each show? Wonder if they only do that depending on who is working it. My son would have been in the 2nd show had he decided not to do it once he saw Vader.On the "Pixar Spin ride"...sad that you missed it...while you rode the Buzz ride which is fun...Toy Story Mania is so much better. If you ever go back...be sure to hit that one and do it early as it does fill up quick and the FPs go quick for it.

:goodposting: We used the tour plans and found them invaluable. Not sure which website my wife used, but it was listed in the Unofficial Guide to Disney book.
Great book. We didn't use the touring plans, but I was sold when I saw these things were simulated by Ph.D. candidates.

Day 3 (Tuesday)Did Star Tours, and both boys got picked for the Jedi Training…the highlight of their trip! It was such a special thing! WTried to get only the Pixar Spin ride, but the wait was over an hr, and the park was closing…plus we did Buzz Lightyear at the MK. My toe is now almost unbearable.
Glad you had fun...How did they do the Jedi training for you all...you say both got picked...did they not have a line set up to pick the first however many for each show? Wonder if they only do that depending on who is working it. My son would have been in the 2nd show had he decided not to do it once he saw Vader.On the "Pixar Spin ride"...sad that you missed it...while you rode the Buzz ride which is fun...Toy Story Mania is so much better. If you ever go back...be sure to hit that one and do it early as it does fill up quick and the FPs go quick for it.
Yeah, there was a line when we went. We were at the park when the gates open and walked straight there, and my boys were first and second in line. Of course the first show isn't for 45 minutes, so there was downtime (we planned ahead and brough stuff to occupy their time). For those who haven't done it yet, I'd say do it right when the park opens or don't do it at all. By the time the first show started, the line was so long that people were probably looking at 4 hour waits to get in the show.

By the way, great story about Jedi Training. After my youngest son battled Vader, he was so excited that rather than turn and walk back to the group (which is what he was supposed to do), he ran towards his right straight into the two Storm Troopers who immediately drew their guns on him. The Jedi master dude yelled for him to use the force. My son immediately threw out his hand to use the force and the Storm Troopers went flying. The audience was rolling. I'm not sure whether that is something they do every show, but it was freaking hilarious. Thankfully I got the whole thing on video.

By the way, great story about Jedi Training. After my youngest son battled Vader, he was so excited that rather than turn and walk back to the group (which is what he was supposed to do), he ran towards his right straight into the two Storm Troopers who immediately drew their guns on him. The Jedi master dude yelled for him to use the force. My son immediately threw out his hand to use the force and the Storm Troopers went flying. The audience was rolling. I'm not sure whether that is something they do every show, but it was freaking hilarious. Thankfully I got the whole thing on video.
No pics? That sounds great

Awesome.Though...seeing the troopers...all I want now is a great storm trooper costume to wear at halloween.

Force Push

Awesome.Though...seeing the troopers...all I want now is a great storm trooper costume to wear at halloween.
Agreed. I'm sure it's ridiculously expensive, but it'd be worth it.

Force Push
Awesome. That pic of Spaceship Earth (or whatever it is called) still has me itching to get back in December so I can try the same pic. I love it

Force Push
Awesome. That pic of Spaceship Earth (or whatever it is called) still has me itching to get back in December so I can try the same pic. I love it
Most of my pictures were astoundingly mediocre. I happened to get lucky with the EPCOT photo.

Force Push
Most of my pictures were astoundingly mediocre. I happened to get lucky with the EPCOT photo.
All you need is one to make you happy. Makes the whole shoot worthwhile.

Free dining deal for Disney Visa holders has been released today.Rumored to be available for the general public May 3rd.
Do you know the dates for that?I may need to sign up for the card. Didnt realize you get special perks like that
August 15-October 2Free quick service dining at the values and regular dining free at moderates and deluxe hotels.The kids free deal was also extended for Disney Visa holders too.

Free dining deal for Disney Visa holders has been released today.Rumored to be available for the general public May 3rd.
Do you know the dates for that?I may need to sign up for the card. Didnt realize you get special perks like that
August 15-October 2Free quick service dining at the values and regular dining free at moderates and deluxe hotels.
Thanks. Do the Visa card holders get a lot of offers like that. We are going in December so I am holding out hope that they offer it then as well. We got it when we went in 08. It was great, especially for the character dining

August 15-October 2Free quick service dining at the values and regular dining free at moderates and deluxe hotels.
Thanks. Do the Visa card holders get a lot of offers like that. We are going in December so I am holding out hope that they offer it then as well. We got it when we went in 08. It was great, especially for the character dining
I wouldnt say a lot of offers like that, but right now is a great time to sign up. You can get a 200 gift card, have access to teh offers and you get 1% of what you spend back in the form of a disney gift card.You also get 6 months 0% interest on disney trips. I got the card specifically for Disney and have not been disappointed.

I wouldnt say a lot of offers like that, but right now is a great time to sign up. You can get a 200 gift card, have access to teh offers and you get 1% of what you spend back in the form of a disney gift card.You also get 6 months 0% interest on disney trips. I got the card specifically for Disney and have not been disappointed.
I appreciate all the info. Can you link me to which one it is. I know Disney has a few cards out there. I will sign up for it today. The Capital One card I have now will be used to get free airline tickets for the trip so I can start using the Disney one now that I have enough milesETA: Forget it. Looks like there is only the Chase Visa. Thanks

I'll be there in about 6 weeks.

Restuarants booked:

Tutto Italia Ristorante (we've been here before, but not in our last 2 trips) - Love this place. Great Italian food.

Whispering Canyon Café - Never been. Booked it completely based on recommendations in this thread.

San Angel Inn - Been at this one before, we're big fans of Mexican food so this one was a must.

The Crystal Palace - My kids enjoy the character meals so we're doing a breakfast here. Never been.

The Garden Grill - Went here once before and my kids loved it. Character meal and kids enjoy "making their own dessert."

Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Never been to this one, but last visit we ate in Cinderella's castle, which was very cool. My daughter is excited for this one.

There were several other restaurants we wanted to try but they were booked already (we've tried Canada steakhouse our last 3 trips, always booked).

We're staying in the Polynesian, which is a 1st for me, but my wife stayed there all the time as a kid. Looking forward to quick monorail transport to MK & Epcot.
Staying at the Polynesian and not eating at O'hana is basically like going to Vegas just to see the Hoover Dam. Don't be that guy.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be that guy. I had 2 days open after I booked 4 places we really wanted. Both days had no openings for dinner at O'hana. Like I said above, there were several places we wanted to try but they were booked.

Princess breakfast at Norway is pretty good, they keep bringing platters of food.
I've heard that too. We're actually doing the dinner there so I'll report back about that. Leaving in 9 days.

spOOfy said:

Restuarants booked:

Tutto Italia Ristorante (we've been here before, but not in our last 2 trips) - Love this place. Great Italian food.

Whispering Canyon Café - Never been. Booked it completely based on recommendations in this thread.

San Angel Inn - Been at this one before, we're big fans of Mexican food so this one was a must.

The Crystal Palace - My kids enjoy the character meals so we're doing a breakfast here. Never been.

The Garden Grill - Went here once before and my kids loved it. Character meal and kids enjoy "making their own dessert."

Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Never been to this one, but last visit we ate in Cinderella's castle, which was very cool. My daughter is excited for this one.

There were several other restaurants we wanted to try but they were booked already (we've tried Canada steakhouse our last 3 trips, always booked).

We're staying in the Polynesian, which is a 1st for me, but my wife stayed there all the time as a kid. Looking forward to quick monorail transport to MK & Epcot.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be that guy. I had 2 days open after I booked 4 places we really wanted. Both days had no openings for dinner at O'hana. Like I said above, there were several places we wanted to try but they were booked.
I've been to nearly all of the Disney resorts and the Polynesian is my family's favorite -- you will love it. Ohana's is great but I like your other choices as well. Whispering Canyon is awesome as long as you love smoked food and aren't looking for a quiet meal.I love the San Angel but haven't been there for a couple years. It gets a bad rep because it is a bit pricey for what you get. You'll like both character breakfasts I am sure and you already know about the Garden Grill.

The one place that is always a must for us is the Sci Fi. It also gets a bad rap but if you stick to burgers and shakes teh food is good and the atmosphere is awesome.

spOOfy said:

Restuarants booked:

I've been to nearly all of the Disney resorts and the Polynesian is my family's favorite -- you will love it. Ohana's is great but I like your other choices as well. Whispering Canyon is awesome as long as you love smoked food and aren't looking for a quiet meal.I love the San Angel but haven't been there for a couple years. It gets a bad rep because it is a bit pricey for what you get. You'll like both character breakfasts I am sure and you already know about the Garden Grill.

The one place that is always a must for us is the Sci Fi. It also gets a bad rap but if you stick to burgers and shakes teh food is good and the atmosphere is awesome.
I'll have to try that out, thanks. Would that be considered a quick service meal at lunch? We have the dining plan, so no worry on the costs at San Angel. That's why I have just 6 sit down meals.

spOOfy said:

Restuarants booked:

I'll have to try that out, thanks. Would that be considered a quick service meal at lunch? We have the dining plan, so no worry on the costs at San Angel. That's why I have just 6 sit down meals.
I can answer my own question. Sci Fi is table service so I'll likely skip it this time and will have to check it out next time (we plan to take my Mom there for her 60th in 2 years).

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting discounts on Disneyland Parkhopper tickets--say 3 day ones??

They seem to be the same price across the board at every site I go to.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting discounts on Disneyland Parkhopper tickets--say 3 day ones??They seem to be the same price across the board at every site I go to.
The only time I have ever gotten a discount was when I bought them in December on ebay. Not sure if they needed to get rid of them at the end of the year or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting discounts on Disneyland Parkhopper tickets--say 3 day ones??

They seem to be the same price across the board at every site I go to.
I remember seeing something at Costco - but I don't know what the discount was. They also had a SoCal City Pass that covered several of the sights in LA/Orange and SD as well - this was a while ago so YMMV.

Here is Costco site

Has Le Cellier always been open for lunch?
Yup. Went there a couple of weeks ago as a walk up at 11:30. The chicken habanero sausage is :thumbup:Thought I would add on to include how our last stay went.1. Old Key West isn't bad. I liked Port Orleans a little more. The restaurant there was pretty good (Olivia's)2. We went to EPCOT for the flower festival. I enjoy taking pix of flowers, so this was a prefect time to go and the whole place smelled great.3. Had lunch at Le Cellier. As I mentioned before....it is totally worth going to.4. Had dinner at the restaurant at Morocco (Restaurant Marrakesh). Has the couscous with beef and it was delicious. The iced mint tea was also great.A very nice time at EPCOT.This next time we are going (May 22-23), we are doing a half day at Animal Kingdom and the next day another half day at Hollywood Studios. We figured we didn't want to spend a full day at both, so half is plenty. We are using the last two days of out Florida 4 day passes ($99 for four days each is a steal). We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge on the club level with Savannah view and looking forward to going and take advantage of the club level lounge. We are doing one meal at Animal Kingdom at Yak and Yeti. Is it any good? For dinner, we are going to Raglan Road Irish pub at Downtown Disney. I heard this place is pretty good. The next day we are going to do something quick at the hotel or maybe do the Sunrise Safari breakfast (haven't decided) and lunch at Hollywood Studios at the Brown Derby. I have eaten there before and I have to say it is very good. The grapefruit cake is delicious. I will post once we get back from this trip on our experiences. This will conclude our trips to Disney prolly until next year.

Has Le Cellier always been open for lunch?
Yup. Went there a couple of weeks ago as a walk up at 11:30. The chicken habanero sausage is :lmao:Thought I would add on to include how our last stay went.1. Old Key West isn't bad. I liked Port Orleans a little more. The restaurant there was pretty good (Olivia's)2. We went to EPCOT for the flower festival. I enjoy taking pix of flowers, so this was a prefect time to go and the whole place smelled great.3. Had lunch at Le Cellier. As I mentioned before....it is totally worth going to.4. Had dinner at the restaurant at Morocco (Restaurant Marrakesh). Has the couscous with beef and it was delicious. The iced mint tea was also great.A very nice time at EPCOT.This next time we are going (May 22-23), we are doing a half day at Animal Kingdom and the next day another half day at Hollywood Studios. We figured we didn't want to spend a full day at both, so half is plenty. We are using the last two days of out Florida 4 day passes ($99 for four days each is a steal). We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge on the club level with Savannah view and looking forward to going and take advantage of the club level lounge. We are doing one meal at Animal Kingdom at Yak and Yeti. Is it any good? For dinner, we are going to Raglan Road Irish pub at Downtown Disney. I heard this place is pretty good. The next day we are going to do something quick at the hotel or maybe do the Sunrise Safari breakfast (haven't decided) and lunch at Hollywood Studios at the Brown Derby. I have eaten there before and I have to say it is very good. The grapefruit cake is delicious. I will post once we get back from this trip on our experiences. This will conclude our trips to Disney prolly until next year.
We just booked our trip for september and made some dining reservations. Le Cellier had tons of availability for lunch pretty much every day. So we made a reservation for the 13th. For all the times I have been to Disney, we have never been there. Probably on account of me being a vegetarian, but my son and girlfriend are quite excited about it.I will probably just order what my son wants from the menu and then swap for his kids meal when they bring the food.

Does anyone know if the prices listed on the web site have the 30-40% discount on them already, or is the price the normal price and then you take the discount.

Trying to figure out if we can stay at a Deluxe this time but dont know if the $340 is standard or discounted

Users who are viewing this thread