What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

When you guys order these "po' boys" do you just say "poor boy" or do you go for it and give it the complete James Carville and say something like "pwa bwoi"? I don't think i could ever get one of these things because I'd be too embarrassed to say it. Kind of reminds me of going to Baja Fresh back in the day when it was good. They had something called a Burrito Mexicano. When you ordered it you could do the americanized version and say mexicano while pronouncing the x (mecks-ee-ca-no), or you could go silent x and say it authentically (me-he-ca-no) but both felt a little weird. Of course if you decided to go silent x then you could also roll the double rr's in burrito and give it the full Monteblan but I never went there. After a couple of visits just ended up going with a different burrito.
crawfish po boy is easy to say. And delicious.

When you guys order these "po' boys" do you just say "poor boy" or do you go for it and give it the complete James Carville and say something like "pwa bwoi"? I don't think i could ever get one of these things because I'd be too embarrassed to say it. Kind of reminds me of going to Baja Fresh back in the day when it was good. They had something called a Burrito Mexicano. When you ordered it you could do the americanized version and say mexicano while pronouncing the x (mecks-ee-ca-no), or you could go silent x and say it authentically (me-he-ca-no) but both felt a little weird. Of course if you decided to go silent x then you could also roll the double rr's in burrito and give it the full Monteblan but I never went there. After a couple of visits just ended up going with a different burrito.
hey dere gubna, lemme gita crawoh fish pwa bwoi

Say "Row Boy" out loud. Then change the "r" sound to a "p."Also, why is your accent alternately British and developmentally disabled in that sentence?

Last edited by a moderator:
Say "Row Boy" out loud. Then change the "r" sound to a "p."
Trying it now. Sounds ridiculous.

Just opened a new Shake Shack by me... Going now, fairly excited :thumbup:
Summer of 2009 I worked right by Madison Park, which is where Shake Shacks first/flagship location is... I used to go early and beat the line, I remembered it being delicious... The new Brooklyn Heights location has the exact same menu/ingredients/etc, but I was underwhelmed by meal.

This article compares FG/INO/SS:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/05/in-n-out-vs-five-guys-vs-shake-shack-the-first-bi-coastal-side-by-side-taste-test.html

Shake Shack and Five Guys are priced similarly, but I'll prob continue going to FG as I think it is better. My wife agreed.
Best part of Shake Shack is the custard. Which is works out well with the C-line.

"Hello, I would like to try one of those 'Poor Boy' Sandwiches that seem to be all the rave. Extra Napkins please."

Vega's in North Miami, 4 three ounce sliders with grilled onions and cheddar cooked to order so medium is nice and juicy, hand cut fries that are delicious and cooked just perfect.

$10 plus tip.

Vega's in North Miami, 4 three ounce sliders with grilled onions and cheddar cooked to order so medium is nice and juicy, hand cut fries that are delicious and cooked just perfect.

$10 plus tip.
You can get 4 three ounce sliders for $10 or a single 12 ounce burger for $10, what do you do and why? Show your math.

Picked up Umami Burger for my boss, his boss, & myself... If I wasn't expensing this, no chance I buy... You want to talk expensive?

3 burgers, 2 fries, tots, & onion rings - $67.50.

Had perhaps the best tuna fish sandwich in the country and it was only $6.59. The lady who made it didn't even have to scream at me when I approached her counter.

Had a decent burger at Twin Peaks today at lunch. Actually, forget the burger. The waitress today was fantastic and apparently made a pair of nice investments.

Had a decent burger at Twin Peaks today at lunch. Actually, forget the burger. The waitress today was fantastic and apparently made a pair of nice investments.
Enjoy it now, because minimum wage hikes and Obamacare are going to replace her with an iPad.

Okay, I went to Killer Burger on Tuesday at 3pm. It was happy hour, so I was able to get their Classic Burger (Bacon, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle) for only $5.95. Not only that, but I was able to get a terrific Breakside Brewery Pillsner for $3.95. I ordered it at the bar, sat down, sipped on my delicious beer, my burger AND FRIES came out quickly, and I was out the door by 3:30. The fries were okay, but I'm not a big french fry fan boi like most of you dorks, so I don't really eat them. But the burger was excellent.

ALL FOR UNDER $10!!!! Nobody screamed at me, I didn't have to wade through littered peanut shells, I didn't have to drink a water, I didn't have to stare at newspaper clippings bragging about how awesome we are....Great burger, excellent beer, nice looking bartender. LESS THAN $10!!!!!!!!

FIVE GUYS > SUCK IT

Okay, I went to Killer Burger on Tuesday at 3pm. It was happy hour, so I was able to get their Classic Burger (Bacon, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle) for only $5.95. Not only that, but I was able to get a terrific Breakside Brewery Pillsner for $3.95. I ordered it at the bar, sat down, sipped on my delicious beer, my burger AND FRIES came out quickly, and I was out the door by 3:30. The fries were okay, but I'm not a big french fry fan boi like most of you dorks, so I don't really eat them. But the burger was excellent.

ALL FOR UNDER $10!!!! Nobody screamed at me, I didn't have to wade through littered peanut shells, I didn't have to drink a water, I didn't have to stare at newspaper clippings bragging about how awesome we are....Great burger, excellent beer, nice looking bartender. LESS THAN $10!!!!!!!!

FIVE GUYS > SUCK IT
Great suggestion. I'll just go to my local Killer Burger.

FIVE GUYS > SUCK IT
Great suggestion. I'll just go to my local Killer Burger.
My local Killer Burger just made some real nice renovations :thumbup:

Picked up some Chick-Fil-A.

2 delicious sandwiches and 2 large waffle fries for a nut hair over $10 before tax.

Didn't have to get out of the car. Nobody yelled at us. Didn't have to ration out a small order of fries.

pollardsvision said:

2 delicious sandwiches and 2 large waffle fries for a nut hair over $10 before tax.

Didn't have to get out of the car. Nobody yelled at us. Didn't have to ration out a small order of fries.
Yeah, but you supported hatred and bigotry.

pollardsvision said:

& delicousness

amirite?
I dunno....my state won't let these nazis in.
Never seen one in NY either... Only down south.

pollardsvision said:

& delicousness

amirite?
Been reading some reports that their donations to anti-gay funds have pretty much dried up. They have very quietly been backing away.

pollardsvision said:

& delicousnessamirite?
Never seen one in NY either... Only down south.
All over NJ

Users who are viewing this thread