What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic said:
This thing has been open for 4 days now. I have had about 20 different lineups. And I'm still waiting on what to do at my 3rd QB (Culp, McNown, Quinn, A. Smith, etc). I love this thing
Is Cade McNown back in the league? I don't think so.I made one lineup and won't mess with it until just before the deadline.
Now that's just crazy talk...

TheFanatic said:
This thing has been open for 4 days now. I have had about 20 different lineups. And I'm still waiting on what to do at my 3rd QB (Culp, McNown, Quinn, A. Smith, etc). I love this thing
Is Cade McNown back in the league? I don't think so.I made one lineup and won't mess with it until just before the deadline.
Now that's just crazy talk...
How so? A couple of injuries and there will be some must have players that blow up any other iteration.

We never add players once this goes LIVE. It would not be fair to people that had a lineup set based on what they thought the full pool of players was. These are the prices and available players regardless what happens from now until the start of the season.
I know DD - but figured I'd put a plug in for it anyway :) Can't hurt a guy for trying though. Kinda disappointed that Andre Caldwell :reche: :bag: wasn't listed on there as I think he could end up being a decent play in the contest.So far I've only made one attempt - but there's surely more to come. :shrug: -QG

I love this contest, one of the big things I liked about footballguys.com last year and a big reason why I am a subscriber again this year. Last year I did get knocked out in week 7 or 8 I believe.

This is a great time waster at work I make a new team like everyday LOL

I love this contest, one of the big things I liked about footballguys.com last year and a big reason why I am a subscriber again this year. Last year I did get knocked out in week 7 or 8 I believe. This is a great time waster at work I make a new team like everyday LOL
I think I have changed my roster every single day but yesterday since the contest opened. I have to have changed about 50 times so far. Right now I am pretty happy with the squad I have and am just sort of waiting on things to shake out in preseason and TC. If some RB goes down with a blown knee, grab the backup. I'm thinking of adding one of the bottom of the barrel QB's that are in fights for the starting job as my 3rd QB. Maybe see how Finley and Cook play at TE and add one of them as a third TE, that sort of thing. I feel I have the car ready for the race. Just need a little fine tuning before they drop the flag...What's sad is I'm contemplating paying another $28 just to do a second one of these!?!? :bag:

haha at the $28 for another team. I never thought of that but not a bad idea.

I have a little different strategy this year. I will only take 2 TE, 2 K, and 2 Def but for the TE and Defense I will spend some money. For example I have Cooley and Olsen at TE (1.5 points per Reception) those 2 are the top receivers on their teams. Witten would be nice too but $27 is pushing it. For Defense I really like Baltimore, and the Jets thinking the Ravens will get some Defensive scores and the Jets will get some Special team scores.

As for WR I see alot of good value in the $4-$9 range and will take 2 top WR with the bunch.

RB I have to admit I am going Westbrook/McCoy duo and LT, also like Rice $21 and Parker $16 (if he stays healthy this would have the best value)

QB I like McNabb or Rodgers and then I would take both Anderson/Quinn

And tomorrow I will change it all over again.

OK, I've made my first pass at this thing. I hate my team.And I love this contest.
:bag: At first run, the salary$ values make this much harder than last year. No more Warner or Slaton on the cheap. But after about 100 iterations I think I've finally got then winner. The rest of you should just go home now.

Love this contest. Was in the money last year, so I'm looking to continue that trend.

Adding a variable roster size changes things a lot. I think you are at a severe disadvantage if you only go with 20 players, but 24 may be spreading your talent too thin.

My current team is 24 players and follows the philosophy of 'Consistency through Quantity'.

I'm loving my team right now, I even had $5 left over to upgrade my defenses! Although I'm sure I'll probably change it at least another 30 times before the rosters are locked.

Couple of observations is that RB talent seems to be more expensive then last year. Although I was a little skewed last year with CJ4.24, Slaton and R Rice. TE talent seems to be cheaper. Cheap WR talent seems to be more expensive, I can't find hardly anybody I'd want on my roster under $5. Last year I had at least 3-4

haha at the $28 for another team. I never thought of that but not a bad idea. I have a little different strategy this year. I will only take 2 TE, 2 K, and 2 Def but for the TE and Defense I will spend some money. For example I have Cooley and Olsen at TE (1.5 points per Reception) those 2 are the top receivers on their teams. Witten would be nice too but $27 is pushing it. For Defense I really like Baltimore, and the Jets thinking the Ravens will get some Defensive scores and the Jets will get some Special team scores. As for WR I see alot of good value in the $4-$9 range and will take 2 top WR with the bunch.RB I have to admit I am going Westbrook/McCoy duo and LT, also like Rice $21 and Parker $16 (if he stays healthy this would have the best value)QB I like McNabb or Rodgers and then I would take both Anderson/QuinnAnd tomorrow I will change it all over again.
Cooley + Olsen + Ravens + Jets + Westbrook + McCoy + LT + Rice + Parker + McNabb + Anderson + Quinn = $205. Good luck getting 2 kickers and 2 "top WRs" for $45, let alone any of the good value Wr's. Even if you drop Rice, $66 won't get you far.

quote]

Cooley + Olsen + Ravens + Jets + Westbrook + McCoy + LT + Rice + Parker + McNabb + Anderson + Quinn = $205. Good luck getting 2 kickers and 2 "top WRs" for $45, let alone any of the good value Wr's. Even if you drop Rice, $66 won't get you far.

Here was my latest and greatest

QB - Donovan McNabb - 24

QB - Brady Quinn - 9

QB - Derek Anderson - 4

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - 40

RB - Brian Westbrook - 34

RB - LeSean McCoy - 7

RB - Ladell Betts - 2

RB - Glen Coffee - 2

RB - Shonn Greene - 2

RB - Rashad Jennings - 2

WR - Eddie Royal - 26

WR - Vincent Jackson - 21

WR - Derrick Mason - 9

WR - Kevin Curtis - 7

WR - Nate Burleson - 5

WR - Percy Harvin - 5

WR - Brian Robiskie - 4

WR - Greg Camarillo - 4

TE - Chris Cooley - 15

TE - Greg Olsen - 15

PK - Shayne Graham - 2

PK - Josh Brown - 1

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 6

TD - New York Jets - 4

Total value: 250

This contest is so addicting. I think I've made 100 changes so far. Watching some pre-season games is really helping with some of the cheap player choices.

This contest is so addicting. I think I've made 100 changes so far. Watching some pre-season games is really helping with some of the cheap player choices.
This always suckers me into grabbing some preseason stud who is a regular season dud. Trying hard not to get too excited about a $4 player that tore it up against the 3rd string D. But every year I do it anyway :suds:

Does everyone try to max out the 24 player allowance? it seems like the samrt thing to do considering it is bestball.

quote]Here was my latest and greatest QB - Donovan McNabb - 24QB - Brady Quinn - 9QB - Derek Anderson - 4RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - 40RB - Brian Westbrook - 34RB - LeSean McCoy - 7RB - Ladell Betts - 2RB - Glen Coffee - 2RB - Shonn Greene - 2RB - Rashad Jennings - 2WR - Eddie Royal - 26WR - Vincent Jackson - 21WR - Derrick Mason - 9WR - Kevin Curtis - 7WR - Nate Burleson - 5WR - Percy Harvin - 5WR - Brian Robiskie - 4WR - Greg Camarillo - 4TE - Chris Cooley - 15TE - Greg Olsen - 15PK - Shayne Graham - 2PK - Josh Brown - 1TD - Baltimore Ravens - 6TD - New York Jets - 4Total value: 250
oof.

thehornet said:
Does everyone try to max out the 24 player allowance? it seems like the samrt thing to do considering it is bestball.
I will definitely have 24. I could see maybe having 22, but no way would I have less than 22. Too many injury risks and bad performances to have small rosters.

:popcorn:

Any chance we can see last years results and/or our teams and when we were knocked out...would like to see what I did and what I need to do better.

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn:Any chance we can see last years results and/or our teams and when we were knocked out...would like to see what I did and what I need to do better.Thanks and I'll hang up and listen :football:
I've been hoping for the same thing. Even checked through old e-mails to see if I could find a link to old results. Bumping for this reason.

Anybody having problems submitting their team? Everytime I hit the submit button, my internet explorer shuts down.

People aren't posting their line-ups anymore fearing they would devulge some FFL secrets/sleepers. In years past, we would find scores of line-ups posted on-line.

People aren't posting their line-ups anymore fearing they would devulge some FFL secrets/sleepers. In years past, we would find scores of line-ups posted on-line.
Though I can understand why people don't post their sleepers, I do miss this thread. It was a great read last year. Without posting my team (yeah, I know, my team isn't great so who cares?) maybe it'd be fun to post positional allocations? Here's how I am spreading my money out:QB QB QB RBRB RB RB RBRB WR WRWR WR WRWRWRTETETE PK PK PK TD TD

I'm definitely going with 24. There are so many guys down in the dregs of the prices I'd like to have rostered it's still not enough.

As soon as the deadline passes, everyone tends to post their roster.

same reason people don't advertise the lottery numbers they just got

My first team has 6 RB's,9 WR's, and 3 TE's! 23 players. I also took the vikings and ravens defense. I don't know if I'll change my team again or not!

I've gone with 22 for now, but I'm wishing I had a 3rd kicker and DT, just in case. But I don't have any true studs on the roster, so I'm equally scared of downgrading anywhere.

:shrug:

As soon as the deadline passes, everyone tends to post their roster.
It's not worth posting at this point since my selections change daily hourly minute to minute.
I must have changed my roster 300 times now.

I've been alternating between 23/24 deep...the problem I have this year is I don't see a Slaton on the roster at RB...forcing me to spend more there than I'd like...well, there's one guy, but not as much of a slam dunk as Slaton was.

That could be good and bad.

Users who are viewing this thread