What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Giddy-up! Looking to redeem myself from last year's misstep! Man in that roster variance allowance gonna complicate things a lot...

If OC wants to host the fantasystar service again, I can probably swing setting up the cut predictor spreadsheet, but I cant make any promises.

The more folks we get with VALID rosters entered on the site, the more accurate we can be with predictions. Last year we had about 200 if I remember correctly.

they actually do list bye weeks after you hit submit. that is a bummer, I don't think everyone paid attention to that, it was another way to separate yourself.

Try and break this thing everyone. We rushed the variable roster out (without a lot of testing) so if you see something goofy let us know please.

Try and break this thing everyone. We rushed the variable roster out (without a lot of testing) so if you see something goofy let us know please.
First "something goofy" is in the rules: 5th through 10th place finishers all get a 2009 subscription to FBG. Real generous, considering the 2009 season will be over when they win.

I played around with it and already came out with a decent looking squad.

Percy Harvin will be on about 99% of the teams IMO.

If OC wants to host the fantasystar service again, I can probably swing setting up the cut predictor spreadsheet, but I cant make any promises.The more folks we get with VALID rosters entered on the site, the more accurate we can be with predictions. Last year we had about 200 if I remember correctly.
Sweet, I think that I am going to pull the rosters from FBG this year rather than have the users endter their teams. We'll have a much better stat base for you to work off of.

I was just thinking how easy I thought this year was (man, I am stacked!), then I realized I didn't pick any tight ends.

i always start out with two great defenses, then i keep borrowing $1 here, $1 there to get the other guys squeezed in there. before you know it i've got the Raiders and Bengals D.

I was just thinking how easy I thought this year was (man, I am stacked!), then I realized I didn't pick any tight ends.
TE's are tough. There's a lot of meat in the middle but the bottom shows no promise for me whatsoever. A guy like Shiancoe was nothing last year. The bottom guys just look like garbage to me. Other than QB, I can find lots of value down in the low dollar guys.

TE's are tough. There's a lot of meat in the middle but the bottom shows no promise for me whatsoever. A guy like Shiancoe was nothing last year. The bottom guys just look like garbage to me. Other than QB, I can find lots of value down in the low dollar guys.
:X

Yeah, I am not gonna waste a roster spot even trying to hit a TE lottery ticket, just gonna get ones I like and know.

apalmer said:
David Dodds said:
apalmer said:
David Dodds said:
First "something goofy" is in the rules: 5th through 10th place finishers all get a 2009 subscription to FBG. Real generous, considering the 2009 season will be over when they win.
Thanks - I corrected this now
:grad:
I kinda admit it would been funny if DD had corrected it 2008 for like an hour or so ;)But I'm a bit punchy tonight and easily amused.So with rosters going up to 24 will he have a SIXTEEN kicker guy entry this year? :) -QG

Is there a way to suggest adding a player to the list?
That's a good question - I know last year when things were set they were set, but perhaps you guys could say add potential players up until like the 18th or so? Anyhow just a thought. I'm just excited it's that time of year again :grad: -QG

That's a good question - I know last year when things were set they were set, but perhaps you guys could say add potential players up until like the 18th or so? Anyhow just a thought. I'm just excited it's that time of year again :) -QG
Was hoping TE Shawn Nelson for Buffalo would be on there. Since he's not on the list, he could be added for $1. Never know :fishing:

That's a good question - I know last year when things were set they were set, but perhaps you guys could say add potential players up until like the 18th or so? Anyhow just a thought. I'm just excited it's that time of year again :pickle: -QG
Was hoping TE Shawn Nelson for Buffalo would be on there. Since he's not on the list, he could be added for $1. Never know :confused:
Kind of an oversight there, IMO. If Chase Coffman is on there, this kid should be there.

That's a good question - I know last year when things were set they were set, but perhaps you guys could say add potential players up until like the 18th or so? Anyhow just a thought. I'm just excited it's that time of year again :pickle: -QG
Was hoping TE Shawn Nelson for Buffalo would be on there. Since he's not on the list, he could be added for $1. Never know :(
Kind of an oversight there, IMO. If Chase Coffman is on there, this kid should be there.
And no Rucker either...

FUBAR said:
TheFanatic said:
EBF said:
I played around with it and already came out with a decent looking squad.

Percy Harvin will be on about 99% of the teams IMO.
Not on my squad... Run first team, unimaginative play calling, rookie, nah....
yeah, those rookie WRs are never good choices. :(
You're right. 5 maybe 10% of the time they are. Good luck with that...

We never add players once this goes LIVE. It would not be fair to people that had a lineup set based on what they thought the full pool of players was. These are the prices and available players regardless what happens from now until the start of the season.

First time subscriber, quick question:

Do all the players $ value stay the same between now and the deadline?

My thinking is if values change, some players are better to grab at their current value before injuries/pre season starts.

Edit- you just answered my question

Last edited by a moderator:
First time subscriber, quick question:Do all the players $ value stay the same between now and the deadline? My thinking is if values change, some players are better to grab at their current value before injuries/pre season starts.Edit- you just answered my question
Players and values are locked.

This thing has been open for 4 days now. I have had about 20 different lineups. And I'm still waiting on what to do at my 3rd QB (Culp, McNown, Quinn, A. Smith, etc). I love this thing

TheFanatic said:
This thing has been open for 4 days now. I have had about 20 different lineups. And I'm still waiting on what to do at my 3rd QB (Culp, McNown, Quinn, A. Smith, etc). I love this thing
Is Cade McNown back in the league? I don't think so.I made one lineup and won't mess with it until just before the deadline.

Users who are viewing this thread