What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (6 Viewers)

Did some digging to see what the Jets losses this year looked like:

-14 Saints

-4 Miami

-3 Bills

-5 Miami

-2 Jax

-17 Pats

-3 Atlanta

So they lost by double digits to play off teams and lost close ones to non play off teams.

Their wins:

+17 Texans

+7 Pats

+7 Titans

+38 Raiders :shrug:

+11 Panthers

+3 Bills

+23 Tampa

+14 Colts*, were losing this until Colts pulled their starters

+37 Bengals

Playoffs:

+10 Bengals

So they had 3 wins over play off teams, and one play off win over a regular season opponent. I'm taking the Chargers and giving the points but I'm not messing with the O/U anymore.

I'm bored at work today so I've got this kind of time to do this.

Chargers money coming in.Just took SD ML(-320) at bodog, Pinny just moved this to -370, very rare for bodog to have the best line on a ML but i'll take it
Yep, Jets up to +8 now at SB. SD ML went from -350 to -370. I like OV 42.5 more than a side in this one.

Chargers money coming in.Just took SD ML(-320) at bodog, Pinny just moved this to -370, very rare for bodog to have the best line on a ML but i'll take it
Yep, Jets up to +8 now at SB. SD ML went from -350 to -370. I like OV 42.5 more than a side in this one.
Weird movement, Chargers must be getting pounded, I'm seeing 9 in some spots now and -400 ML
Maybe a result from yesterday's games, with the two favorites covering rather easily. I think SD will win, but I think the Jets will score some points. I already have my square ### IND/SD teaser going and will most likely make a smaller play on the over.

Weird movement, Chargers must be getting pounded, I'm seeing 9 in some spots now and -400 ML
Pretty sure Billy Walter's just hammered it.

No call yet from my dad, venetian was already +8 last night and I don't think he put in what I wanted for today yet :goodposting: hopefully it's not up to +9 there this morning

Raider Nation said:
Anyone see a prop I should hammer at the Greek? After yesterday, I'm in a rare position to remind them that I'm alive. :goodposting:
I thought their numbers were pretty good, my only play there was Gates -28.5 over Keller. With Revis on VJ I think Rivers is going to be looking to Gates a lot today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
Anyone see a prop I should hammer at the Greek? After yesterday, I'm in a rare position to remind them that I'm alive. :goodposting:
It's not "hammer" worthy, but I do like Felix/MB3 +24.5 r/r o Peterson/Taylor.

After getting destroyed yesterday, I'm on all props today. All small plays:

DAL/MINN

OVER 3.5 FG's made +150

Will a Special Team TD or Defenseive TD be scored - YES +140

Highest scoring quarter in game? 1st Quarter +350

Highest scoring quarter in game? 3rd Quarter +325

No call yet from my dad, venetian was already +8 last night and I don't think he put in what I wanted for today yet :lol: hopefully it's not up to +9 there this morning
Fair enough. I'm hearing he bet NYJ at +9.5, came over the top on SD -7 larger.

Next year I'm going to try a disciplined approach and bet one game a week that I feel 100% on. If I let it ride is it flawed to think I would be looking at 100k pay day in week 11 if I started with only 100 bucks. Yeah I know picking 11 straight is not easy but I'm thinking I'm doing this. Maybe I'll do 2 tickets, and cash out one when I hit the 25k mark and then start that one over. :lol: Gambling is easy in my head

No call yet from my dad, venetian was already +8 last night and I don't think he put in what I wanted for today yet :rant: hopefully it's not up to +9 there this morning
Can one guy really move an NFL line like that? i'm shocked at the movement of this line today.

No call yet from my dad, venetian was already +8 last night and I don't think he put in what I wanted for today yet :rant: hopefully it's not up to +9 there this morning
Can one guy really move an NFL line like that? i'm shocked at the movement of this line today.
BW's 'group' can move it, and then those close to him find out quickly and do the same.

I am all over the place for this one:

Ware sack

Allen Sack

O 4.5 sacks

DAL 1-3 +500

MIN 1-3 +450

DAL U21.5

come on, 20-17 Dallas. Let's go.

:rant:

GLTA

I posted earlier this week, betting on first TD, you got Marion Barber included in "The Field" at +500

He's now at +450 by himself

No call yet from my dad, venetian was already +8 last night and I don't think he put in what I wanted for today yet :excited: hopefully it's not up to +9 there this morning
BW's 'group' can move it, and then those close to him find out quickly and do the same.
Ridiculous how much money he must have on the chargers to move it from 7 to 8.5. There's a lot of Jet love out there and they matchup really well against SD. I thought 7 was a great # for this game.

Ridiculous how much money he must have on the chargers to move it from 7 to 8.5. There's a lot of Jet love out there and they matchup really well against SD. I thought 7 was a great # for this game.
Rick Matthews jumped on SD -7 as well. His chronies probably moved it somewhat as well. There is also a huge community fading Lang, who is on the Jets.

Raider Nation said:
Half hour to kickoff, and I have absolutely NO idea what to do with this game.Does RN have the discipline to sit out a playoff game and wait for live betting? :wub:
:no:

Got lots of teasers with Dal and SD today. I hedged the Dal legs because I want to root for Min. I'd love to see the Vikings win(by 3-8 preferrably)

Got lots of teasers with Dal and SD today. I hedged the Dal legs because I want to root for Min. I'd love to see the Vikings win(by 3-8 preferrably)
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Have 6u outstanding on Dal teaser legs (and 2u more on parlays). I'm hoping that they go up early, so I can hedge a little with live betting.I think the Saints match up better vs Minny, so I want to pull for them

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Have 6u outstanding on Dal teaser legs (and 2u more on parlays). I'm hoping that they go up early, so I can hedge a little with live betting.I think the Saints match up better vs Minny, so I want to pull for them
I'd like to see the Vikes or Saints in the SB, as a Bills fan I want to see a team win it that's never won.

I'd like to see the Vikes or Saints in the SB, as a Bills fan I want to see a team win it that's never won.
Truly a man of the people!

:bowtie:

was pricing 6 and 7pt teasers. Accidentally bet both for a unit :football:

7 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Bet $25.00 to Win $35.00

01/17/10 Cowboys (Dallas) +9.5

01/17/10 Cowboys (Dallas) Over 38.5

12:05 CT Vikings (Minnesota)

01/17/10 Jets (NewYork) +15.5

6 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Bet $25.00 to Win $45.00

01/17/10 Cowboys (Dallas) +8.5

01/17/10 Cowboys (Dallas) Over 39.5

12:05 CT Vikings (Minnesota)

01/17/10 Jets (NewYork) +14.5

Raider Nation said:
Gents,Rivers -50 yards over Sanchez is pretty much lock city, no???
If SD gets an early lead, they could go into run mode and Sanchez may have to throw every down to try and get back in the game.

Raider Nation said:
Gents,Rivers -50 yards over Sanchez is pretty much lock city, no???
If SD gets an early lead, they could go into run mode and Sanchez may have to throw every down to try and get back in the game.
Agreed, but so what if Sanchez throws it every down? He blows.
If Sanchez throws it every down, SD rolls easily by double digits. If you play that, I'd also be on SD.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
Also maxed Austin -2.5 rec. yards vs. Rice. Yes please.
LOVE seeing the Cowboys 87th-string corner covering Minnesota's best WR!!! Awesome... :mellow:
stupid Cowboys, you knew their act the last 2 weeks was a mirage. why couldn't they fold like this one of the last 2 weeks? i think it will just get worse for the Cowpokes the rest of the game

Raider Nation said:
I have a hundred dollar ticket for Dallas to win the NFC at 19-1

A buddy has a hundred dollar ticket for MIN to win the NFC for 9.5 - 1

Should I partner with him- giving me $50 on my Dallas ticket in exchange for $50 of his Min action? My heart says no- I am throwing away $500 for peace of mind and my brain says getting a hedge at 3x current value is a value hedge I should go for.
I'd sit tight. Dallas is playing as well as anyone in the NFL right now.
I would partner with him in a hearbeat. Dallas has played well, but i don't know how you can have any confidence in them. Do you really think Wade Phillips, who has never won a playoff game, can have them win 3 in a row, likely with 1 in New Orleans and 1 in Minny. and if you want to really rely on Suisham if the game is close, good luck. as for the game tonight, i will play more in live betting. a little on the Birds for now, and hopefuly the line gets better.
no doubt i am a Cowboys hater, but i think you would have to be nuts to think they will catch up here. i know Farve is over-rated as well. i think the bet next week is definately New Orleans

no doubt i am a Cowboys hater, but i think you would have to be nuts to think they will catch up here. i know Farve is over-rated as well. i think the bet next week is definately New Orleans
Favre might be overrated if you say he is a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he isn't far off from that, easily within top 10. With that defense and those weapons on offense, top 10 is enough to compete. He will make mistakes but few can put the ball in the place he did on Sid's 1st TD catch. This is a much different game had the Cowpies gone for it (and converted) on 4th and 1 on that first drive.

Users who are viewing this thread