What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (4 Viewers)

You have been #####ing and moaning about a dog for nearly a decade on an Internet forum.  That's your shtick around here... all talk, no action.  
I like to think in some small way I'm shaming some of the folks around here into behavior that is less likely to harm innocent people.  In that sense, who knows, maybe we're making a positive impact.

Good luck with your live death machine. :thumbup:

I like to think in some small way I'm shaming some of the folks around here into behavior that is less likely to harm innocent people.  In that sense, who knows, maybe we're making a positive impact.

Good luck with your live death machine. :thumbup:
:lmao: that's hilarious coming from such a hypocrite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure you have no clue what you are talking about.  You guys care more about my posts than the actual "problem" 🤣
I'm pretty sure no one cares about your posts.

I am still trying to figure out if you are shtick or if you sincerely believe you are making a sound, logical argument with your whole "You aren't serious if you aren't calling your Congressperson (or whatever) which makes you a hypocrite" refrain.

I would really like to know what the true motivation is of pit bull advocates and "experts" that claim no breed is inherently more dangerous than any other. 

We know for certain nobody actually believes that. So is it just to defend their own pets? Is it to fool people into adopting? Is it because they secretly are trying to kill off other dogs in this world?

What could be the real reason to tell such a ridiculous lie?

I would really like to know what the true motivation is of pit bull advocates and "experts" that claim no breed is inherently more dangerous than any other. 

We know for certain nobody actually believes that. So is it just to defend their own pets? Is it to fool people into adopting? Is it because they secretly are trying to kill off other dogs in this world?

What could be the real reason to tell such a ridiculous lie?
HAVE YOU CLICKED EVEN A SINGLE LINK IN THIS THREAD?!!!  WATCHED A SINGLE VIDEO?!?!  

You guys are so delusional. 

I like how the report shows the street numbers on the victim's house, then tells you his street and the nearest cross street, and then announces he will not be home that night, the house will just be empty. I can't see that place getting robbed.
Would be sweet if it was actually the pit owners house. Nice surprise for any robbers. 

Rottweilers are obviously no joke either and rank 2nd for killings.
one thing about rottweilers is that their owners seem way less gaslighty than pit owners.

Even look at the ARC statement...

For us, Rottweilers are the best breed in the world, but we firmly believe they are not a dog for everyone. Rottweilers require a calm, stable and firm “pack leader” or they will assume that role for you. Puppies AND adults need socialization, exercise and stimulating mental challenges. With these things, you will have a wonderful companion; without them, your Rottweiler may become destructive and out of control
So while it still doesn't explicitly say that this dog is more dangerous than others, they at least mention the dog can be destructive and out of control. It also points out that a passive individual shouldn't own one. 

Rottweilers are obviously no joke either and rank 2nd for killings.
2nd biggest morons are Rottweiler owners.  

That’s the neat thing dogs to.  Other than crap all over your stupid houses and eat all your ugly furniture.  Is they help us to identify the biggest morons in society.  

Thanks doges!

2nd biggest morons are Rottweiler owners.  

That’s the neat thing dogs to.  Other than crap all over your stupid houses and eat all your ugly furniture.  Is they help us to identify the biggest morons in society.  

Thanks doges!
Wrong, but close.  That is what face tattoos are for, moron identification.  Irresponsible choice of dog breed is no higher than third on the list close behind truck nut guy for second place.  Of course face tattoo guy also has a pit and truck nuts so in many cases it is an academic argument.      

Town in ohio has a vote upcoming about removing its existing ban. Here is may favorite bit. 

After learning about the most recent pit bull attack in the city, supporters of Issue 10 still feel any dog of any breed has a tendency to be vicious and that pit bulls should not be targeted.

stbugs said:
Terrible tragedy, but sort of speaks to what many of us believe. That dog was up for adoption so they would have been handing off a live grenade to someone or some family.
Yep. The more i read these stories the more angry I get about pit advocates. 

I totally understand when somebody has a bias about their own dog. 

Having a bias like that about all dogs of a breed is just insane. I simply cant understand the mentality of these people. Even after this tragedy that shelter is doubling down. They are using this to promote adoptions of two pits she worked with. Deleting any comment on their facebook page that even hints at irresponsibility in any way on their part. I have no problems saying that the people in charge of that shelter are terrible people. They may not realize they are terrible people, but there is zero doubt. 

The whole program is absurd. Especially when all we hear from pit truthers is "its the owners, its the owners"

Hey guys. I have a great idea. Lets take super abused pit bulls and have them be rehabilitated  by addicts and then let's adopt those dogs out to families. 

What kind of yoyo comes up with that program? 

After seeing one of those dogs kill one of those addicts how do you double down on that program????? 

Yep. The more i read these stories the more angry I get about pit advocates. 

I totally understand when somebody has a bias about their own dog. 

Having a bias like that about all dogs of a breed is just insane. I simply cant understand the mentality of these people. Even after this tragedy that shelter is doubling down. They are using this to promote adoptions of two pits she worked with. Deleting any comment on their facebook page that even hints at irresponsibility in any way on their part. I have no problems saying that the people in charge of that shelter are terrible people. They may not realize they are terrible people, but there is zero doubt. 

The whole program is absurd. Especially when all we hear from pit truthers is "its the owners, its the owners"

Hey guys. I have a great idea. Lets take super abused pit bulls and have them be rehabilitated  by addicts and then let's adopt those dogs out to families. 

What kind of yoyo comes up with that program? 

After seeing one of those dogs kill one of those addicts how do you double down on that program????? 
Agreed. If someone who works with these dogs to rehabilitate them gets killed by one, how can you in good conscience let someone else adopt one. Are there not enough non-lethal dogs to adopt?

100 dogs seized in FL dog fighting ring....

According the federal indictment the defendants bred, housed, trained and fought pit bulls and pit bull-type dogs. They communicated with each other by telephone and text messages about the transporting, delivering, exchanging and selling of the animals, and the location of fights held around the county. A "cooperating source" helped with the investigation.
These are the dogs that will then end up in shelters, get adopted, and finally......the breed will be blamed for when these dogs show aggression and attack their new owner/neighbors.  It's just not right.

These are the dogs that will then end up in shelters, get adopted, and finally......the breed will be blamed for when these dogs show aggression and attack their new owner/neighbors.  It's just not right.
Or they just kill the people at the shelter. Just euthanize then now. I feel bad but at least one of them will likely kill someone if they all get adopted. Not worth it. 

What's not right would be allowing dogs that were bred and trained to fight to be adopted. I know it is sad to you and I get that. But allowing these things out in public would be akin to handing guns to kids and hoping they didn't accidently shoot someone with them.

What's not right would be allowing dogs that were bred and trained to fight to be adopted. I know it is sad to you and I get that. But allowing these things out in public would be akin to handing guns to kids and hoping they didn't accidently shoot someone with them.
You're missing the point.

Focus on the abuse, not the breed.

But you of course have to ask yourself, why did those dudes pick this breed? Why not a cocker spaniel fight club? 
This isn't that difficult. If you abuse a dog and train it to fight....ANY FRIGGIN BREED....it's going to be more likely to hurt humans and other animals. 

Stop the abuse. Don't worry if it's a pit bull, a rottweiler,  a cocker spaniel, whatever. 

This isn't that difficult. If you abuse a dog and train it to fight....ANY FRIGGIN BREED....it's going to be more likely to hurt humans and other animals. 

Stop the abuse. Don't worry if it's a pit bull, a rottweiler,  a cocker spaniel, whatever. 
Not every breed is going kill u though  a pit. and rott.  More than likely will,  huge difference.

I would really like to know what the true motivation is of pit bull advocates and "experts" that claim no breed is inherently more dangerous than any other. We know for certain nobody actually believes that. So is it just to defend their own pets? Is it to fool people into adopting? Is it because they secretly are trying to kill off other dogs in this world? What could be the real reason to tell such a ridiculous lie?
This is a good question. Why would a rational, educated person make such an absurd argument. Especially if their motivation is to make the world a better place.

This should be very a important and topical concept to consider right now - as the same principals/analogies can be used to reflect on how & why us as human animals live and view our own, human society that we're collectively trying to succeed at. The lesson is that you cannot judge an entire race, breed, skin color as being the same. That's it.

Not every breed is going kill u though  a pit. and rott.  More than likely will,  huge difference.
If you ban all pits, the fighting rings will pick another breed. Ban rotts too and guess what? They will pick another powerful breed to do their fights. 

I’m totally cool with you dog nerds starting up a poodle fighting ring. Go ahead. Train all the poodles out there to fight. One snaps and comes after my kid, I break it in half, tragedy averted. But how bout we not take in the most dangerous breed and give them unfettered access to children?  That’s called stupidity. 

The more I think about this, the more I realize pits and kids do not mix, or are at least potentially tragically unwise. Pits and humans might be unwise. I don't like those eyes and those little teeth, either.

I don't know what to do about the breed, though. They're so intermixed with other breeds at shelters that it seems wise to get a purebred. 

If you ban all pits, the fighting rings will pick another breed. Ban rotts too and guess what? They will pick another powerful breed to do their fights. 
Good. We let the rotts earn their civil acceptance, or lose it.

*meanwhile, Pit terrier lovers/breeders can start trying to reintegrate the breeds by raising and breeding changes for them in the accepted rural areas for the next 100 years.

Users who are viewing this thread