What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

Thanks for putting this up - I just didn't have time over the weekend to do it.

Those who have made extraneous (ie any non-draft posts) in the draft thread should remove them there and repost here if they want

So, taking my own advice....

My point about the Fitzgerald/Marshall combo was that as much as I like Fitz and as talented as both are, they have Leinart and Henne throwing to them instead of Warner and Cutler/Orton - BIG difference IMO, but not the monstrous duo it would have been in past few years (both teams will run more this year too)

PLACEHOLDER for my ROSTER

QB - Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell

RB - MJD, LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Toby Gerhart

WR - Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, Julian Edelman, James Jones, Demaryius Thomas

TE - Vernon Davis, Tony Scheffler

PK - Janikowski

D - Bengals, Colts

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. My WR1 already broke his arm. And my RB1 is pissed because he's so underpaid.

Off to a phenomenal start here.

per pm, Pictus Cat takes my targeted pick so

2.6 = Roddy White, WR, Hotlanta
ravnzfan said:
PC makes the choice for me that much easier...

3.10 Ryan Grant, RB, GB
and me also...85 was at the top of 3 straight lists
:thumbup: I winged the SJAX & White while I was at a wedding in Vegas.

I got off the flight in Milwaukee and got the PM, but had to wait until I got home to make a more informed pick on Ocho.

Now I have to evalute if the SS CAROLINA is worth keeping as my last keeper in a 4 keeper...doh!

I was wide eye'd for Moreno until Val snuffed that idea out with 1 pick to go.

Making my first risky pick at 4.03 in Shonn Greene.

Unproven, LT2 is lurking, and the anti-jet in me is having a fit!

If he can play like he finished in 09, I'm in good shape. I'd like to see them throw to him a bit. C'mon..... It's not that hard to catch a screen or shovel pass!

Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 5)....[bye]

QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10]

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5]

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8]

TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8]

one of each position so far, but I think a pretty nice base for the team.

I am not so concerned as others might be with RB1 and WR from the same team and thus same week off - sure ideally you might want them different, but this IS H2H, so it's only one week AND it is best ball, so the other RB/WR will score that week. In lineup leagues I am more concerned about talent and production and upside potential than I am bye weeks (different in survivor leagues)

Starting off with Randy Moss, Miles Austin, Jamaal Charles, and Matt Schaub in the 14 slot seems like armed robbery in broad daylight.

2 potential top5 or higher WRs in a start 3 league when others have not even found their WR1, incredible advantage.

Charles did some amazing things in a limited amount of games, TJ will surely see time but he was wearing down badly last year at the end and Isee him as a part time player behind Charles who can catch a lot of balls too. McCluster has a long way to go to make an impact. Maybe that's why Charles fell.

Schaub threw for 4,700+ yds and 29 Tds, played a full season, and even if me misses a couple this year, best ball not a big deal.

I don't usually praise the Pimp, would rather razz him but this the makings of a very strong team in a head to head league.

QB...Rivers, Cassell

RB...MTurner, RBrown, CTaylor, CBuck

WR..CJohnson, ABoldin,MWallace, VJax, NWash, JCribbs

TE-Cooley

D-Balt

QB T.Brady

RB S.Greene, M.Forte

WR R.Wayne, S.Moss

TE J.Witten

Now that I own Forte in 3 of my 4 Mock Draft team this year, I'll comment on the current FBG projections.......

The current CHI RB projections are a perfect example of what's wrong around here these days. We have 17 experts on staff, but nobody see Forte as keeping his job? Only 1 (Wimmer) predicts Taylor wins it outright. Everyone else plays the safe RBBC fence.

I don't need people to tell me they may split time. I know that. I need experts who take a stance and fight for a side and convince me on one over the other. I'm doing that with Forte. Chicago jumped on Taylor as a solid backup over Garrett Wolfe and as a hit to the rival Vikes. It's Forte's job to loose.

2009 examples -

Ray Rice. Ranked preseason by FBG as RB25. Not one expert here saw his breakout coming. I know Pimpin' did. I know I did too.

Rashard Mendenhall. Ranked 55th! Another breakout Pimpin and I discussed preseason '09 during this very draft.

I think some people need to "step it up" around here. That's right Joe...... I said it! :P

What are Forte and Taylor getting paid?

How will Martz affect the RBBC?

Is a pure RBBC an acceptable answer, or must one win?

Will Mendy get hurt 2010?

What is Mendy's low side?

Starting off with Randy Moss, Miles Austin, Jamaal Charles, and Matt Schaub in the 14 slot seems like armed robbery in broad daylight. 2 potential top5 or higher WRs in a start 3 league when others have not even found their WR1, incredible advantage. Charles did some amazing things in a limited amount of games, TJ will surely see time but he was wearing down badly last year at the end and Isee him as a part time player behind Charles who can catch a lot of balls too. McCluster has a long way to go to make an impact. Maybe that's why Charles fell. Schaub threw for 4,700+ yds and 29 Tds, played a full season, and even if me misses a couple this year, best ball not a big deal. I don't usually praise the Pimp, would rather razz him but this the makings of a very strong team in a head to head league.
Is HE the one to take on the champ?

Starting off with Randy Moss, Miles Austin, Jamaal Charles, and Matt Schaub in the 14 slot seems like armed robbery in broad daylight. 2 potential top5 or higher WRs in a start 3 league when others have not even found their WR1, incredible advantage. Charles did some amazing things in a limited amount of games, TJ will surely see time but he was wearing down badly last year at the end and Isee him as a part time player behind Charles who can catch a lot of balls too. McCluster has a long way to go to make an impact. Maybe that's why Charles fell. Schaub threw for 4,700+ yds and 29 Tds, played a full season, and even if me misses a couple this year, best ball not a big deal. I don't usually praise the Pimp, would rather razz him but this the makings of a very strong team in a head to head league.
Is HE the one to take on the champ?
Dont let MoP get you fired up Scott. You def got bragging rights. I just want to lay low and fly under the radar. I like the start so far but a long ways to go. Couple other squads starting to come together pretty nice also. Ollie, RZR I'm looking at you. Dont matter though. Scott will find a way to pull it out. 14th spot aint so bad

Scott - you better hope you play me in week 5 or week 8

Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 6)....[bye]

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5]

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8]

QB T.BradyRB S.Greene, M.ForteWR R.Wayne, S.MossTE J.WittenNow that I own Forte in 3 of my 4 Mock Draft team this year, I'll comment on the current FBG projections.......The current CHI RB projections are a perfect example of what's wrong around here these days. We have 17 experts on staff, but nobody see Forte as keeping his job? Only 1 (Wimmer) predicts Taylor wins it outright. Everyone else plays the safe RBBC fence.I don't need people to tell me they may split time. I know that. I need experts who take a stance and fight for a side and convince me on one over the other. I'm doing that with Forte. Chicago jumped on Taylor as a solid backup over Garrett Wolfe and as a hit to the rival Vikes. It's Forte's job to loose.2009 examples - Ray Rice. Ranked preseason by FBG as RB25. Not one expert here saw his breakout coming. I know Pimpin' did. I know I did too.Rashard Mendenhall. Ranked 55th! Another breakout Pimpin and I discussed preseason '09 during this very draft.I think some people need to "step it up" around here. That's right Joe...... I said it! :hophead:
I agree that Forte will be better this year. He is definitely flying under the radar. People have given up on him too early. He has more experience now, and Martz will make sure he uses him. I think he will breakout as a Westbrook-type and grab a lot of catches out of the backfield, which = $$

Scott - you better hope you play me in week 5 or week 8Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 6)....[bye]QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10]RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5]WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8]TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8]
I'll sign up for week 8.

It is pretty hard to do in a draft, so a better auction strategy, but assuming you could get enough of the top players, I would be glad to load my entire set of starters into the same (preferably later) bye week.....so you lose one week, but you have an edge all other weeks.......I did some research on this and so did Alan of 4X4 - and it IS an edge if you can do it correctly...BUT very hard to pull off

It is pretty hard to do in a draft, so a better auction strategy, but assuming you could get enough of the top players, I would be glad to load my entire set of starters into the same (preferably later) bye week.....so you lose one week, but you have an edge all other weeks.......I did some research on this and so did Alan of 4X4 - and it IS an edge if you can do it correctly...BUT very hard to pull off
Perry, interesting concept, get the bad week out of the way, but I still hate giving up a week to go for gold... I'd like to see that research.

Team Legacy said:
Captain Hook said:
Perry, interesting concept, get the bad week out of the way, but I still hate giving up a week to go for gold... I'd like to see that research.
Scott - it was 2006 when I tried this in an NFFC auction league...the article(s) are on my laptop but not sure of the research, will check both laptop and desktop when I have time which may not be until Saturday.....if anyone is a subscriber to 4X4, their article on this should be archived.PVH

What are Forte and Taylor getting paid?How will Martz affect the RBBC?Is a pure RBBC an acceptable answer, or must one win?Will Mendy get hurt 2010?What is Mendy's low side?
Forte is playing on the 3rd year of his rookie contract, Taylor a blue chip free agent is getting more $$$. I'm not sure that matters much. The better player will play.Martz will pass. Whoever does well will do it with receptions. Both can catch.A pure RBBC is acceptable if that's what you truely see and you are not just playing the safe answer. I'd think more than 1 out of x staff writers would have more passion and conviction than that. That was really my point.

Joe Flacco

Ben Rothelisberger

SJAX

Pierre Thomas

Steve Slaton

Leon Washington

Roddy White

Chad Ocho Cinco

Jerricho Cotchery

Donnie Avery

Mike Williams TB

Kellen Winslow

Zack Miller

Chicago Bears DST

Thank you. At the 9th hole, my strategy has been

To take value as I saw it like a middle pick

Let QBs slide around the end as most teams had a top one.

Winslow's boom or bust/injury made a backup necessary, not sure how bad the double pick will hurt.

Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 8)....[bye]

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5], Cadillac Williams [4], Tim Hightower [6]

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8]

Looks like a solid base now, by position (this IS H2H, not our regular survivor)

QB -ahead of most all team almost all weeks

RB - solid, I think Mendy is a top seven RB so ahead of half of the teams at RB1. Caddy is the starter for TB and Hightower despite all the Beanie love, IS the starter in Arizona and will score much higher than his current ranking even IF Wells plays up to his. Call the group average++

WR - started behind the herd by design - partly strategy and partly draft position....BUT I think all three can put up good to very good scores in many weeks. Yes I still have Week 8 to deal with, but frankly if everything else is plus, I would be glad to lose that week and take my chances. For these three, ahead of several of the teams but well behind many others - still more to add and I do win other positions

TE - Gonzo is still a Top 5 TE and with the double ppr, a big value, so ahead of most teams here

LOL just ten more picks

Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 8)....[bye]QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10]RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5], Cadillac Williams [4], Tim Hightower [6]WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8]TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8]Looks like a solid base now, by position (this IS H2H, not our regular survivor)QB -ahead of most all team almost all weeksRB - solid, I think Mendy is a top seven RB so ahead of half of the teams at RB1. Caddy is the starter for TB and Hightower despite all the Beanie love, IS the starter in Arizona and will score much higher than his current ranking even IF Wells plays up to his. Call the group average++WR - started behind the herd by design - partly strategy and partly draft position....BUT I think all three can put up good to very good scores in many weeks. Yes I still have Week 8 to deal with, but frankly if everything else is plus, I would be glad to lose that week and take my chances. For these three, ahead of several of the teams but well behind many others - still more to add and I do win other positionsTE - Gonzo is still a Top 5 TE and with the double ppr, a big value, so ahead of most teams hereLOL just ten more picks
I nearly took Ward at one point, and same with Wallace, but the ?? surrounding the QB position until Big Ben is back made me a little hesitant. Not to mention we don't know if Big Ben will be a little rusty when he gets back or not (like everyone is the first week or two of any regular season).But overall, I think you have a good group there.

QB...Rivers

RB...MTurner, RBrown

WR..CJohnson :wall: , ABoldin :homer: ,MWallace :excited: , VJax :banned:

TE...CCooley
what can I say...I like this WR group--but I'm in the minority thinking VJax will take a long hard look @ :moneybag: w/a strike looming and show up in the 1st week of Sept sometime, just in time for kick in week1which has me likin' my QB even more! :thumbup:

ravnzfan said:
QB...Rivers

RB...MTurner, RBrown

WR..CJohnson :popcorn: , ABoldin :bag: ,MWallace :yes: , VJax :bye:

TE...CCooley
what can I say...I like this WR group--but I'm in the minority thinking VJax will take a long hard look @ :lmao: w/a strike looming and show up in the 1st week of Sept sometime, just in time for kick in week1which has me likin' my QB even more! :bye:
Although I think something will be worked out, you better pray V-Jax is signed. 1) Because if he holds out, he's obviously a near-wasted pick, and 2) Because River's value takes a big hit. Outside of Gates, he has little to throw to. Floyd is ok, but the others...? Meh...

Wanted Henne so that was a great pick. I guess I'm still somewhat happy to get a cheap double dip in Garrard/Thomas.

That said, Scott obviously wanted Stafford more than Henne although I wouldn't.

Once again, there's not much value slipping through the cracks with this draft.

Wanted Henne so that was a great pick. I guess I'm still somewhat happy to get a cheap double dip in Garrard/Thomas. That said, Scott obviously wanted Stafford more than Henne although I wouldn't.Once again, there's not much value slipping through the cracks with this draft.
Garrard is quality insurance at QB for a rather lowered cost. I do very much like Mike Thomas for this year so I agree that those were two solid picks also. I just have a suspicion that Henne is going to be good and the Dolphins are primed to switch their offense around in 2010.

Wanted Henne so that was a great pick. I guess I'm still somewhat happy to get a cheap double dip in Garrard/Thomas. That said, Scott obviously wanted Stafford more than Henne although I wouldn't.Once again, there's not much value slipping through the cracks with this draft.
Garrard is quality insurance at QB for a rather lowered cost. I do very much like Mike Thomas for this year so I agree that those were two solid picks also. I just have a suspicion that Henne is going to be good and the Dolphins are primed to switch their offense around in 2010.
Garrard - agreed solid backup at that point in the draft, but likely very few weeks he scores over RyanHenne - he has a good arm and one bomb to BM or Bess will make defenses take note, but really this is a run first team and that will NOT changeStafford - qualtiy backup and will have a few games that will count

Captain's mates so far (now updated through Rd 11)....[bye]

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8], Eddie Royal [9], Kevin Walter [7]

TE - Tony Gonzalez, ATL [8], Jeremy Shockey [10]

Looks like a solid base now, by position (this IS H2H, not our regular survivor)

QB -ahead of most all team almost all weeks

RB - solid, I think Mendy is a top seven RB so ahead of half of the teams at RB1. Caddy is the starter for TB and Hightower despite all the Beanie love, IS the starter in Arizona and will score much higher than his current ranking even IF Wells plays up to his. Call the group average++

WR - started behind the herd by design - partly strategy and partly draft position....BUT I think first three can put up good to very good scores in many weeks. Yes I still have Week 8 to deal with, but frankly if everything else is plus, I would be glad to lose that week and take my chances. For these three, ahead of several of the teams but well behind many others. Royal and Walter should score in several weeks aside from week 8, assuming Royal performs as the decent #2WR I think he will be

TE - Gonzo is still a Top 5 TE and with the double ppr, a big value, so ahead of most teams here, and Shockey when on the field is not only a good backup/bye play but may have some weeks he scores

rzarback77 squad so far with (bye)

QB - Tony Romo (4) and Donovan McNabb (9) - Really believe that the Cowboys passing game will be consistently used in 2010. Like having a top QB in this format and so pulled the trigger earlier than I anticipated. Felt McNabb was value as QB 15. The pair of Romo and McNabb should keep me competitive with all teams most weeks.

RB - Reggie Bush (10), Clinton Portis (9), and Laurence Maroney (5) - Obviously my lowest ranked position. Really wanted to focus on WRs early and also tried to go with best player from the middle of the draft. That kept me waiting until round five to pull the trigger. Although Bush is definitely not a RB1, I like his potential for this year. I think that he will stay involved in the game plan and if he can stay healthy, he will produce in this scoring system. He seemed more healthy down the stretch a year ago and I am hopeful, he will run stronger as he did late last year. Like Portis to be much improved over a season ago, but I think I am on an island or at least peninsula in this belief. I also think Maroney should keep the starting role and hope that he doesn't fumble away the opportunity.

WR - Larry Fitzgerald (6), Brandon Marshall (5), Mohamed Massaquoi (8) and Devin Aromashodu (8) - Went heavy WR early and really like the consistency of my top two, especially in ppr leagues. I think that Fitzgerald will remain the key to the Cardinal attack and he will be targeted as much as ever, even if they run more. As discussed earlier, I think Miami moves from the run to the pass with Henne and Marshall taking over the offense. Need both of these guys to consistently get points though as I will be grabbing long shots to committee my third WR scorer.

TE - Brent Celek (8) and Heath Miller (5) - Wanted to go strong at TE and therefore took two in the first six rounds. This put me behind the curve on RBs especially and WRs for depth, so I need some good brother-in-law scoring here. I really liked Miller to become one of the top Steeler targets, especially early in the year and hope that the OL loss of Colon doesn't spell more blocking for him.

To this point, solid at QB, Solid at TE, Really good at 2/3 of the WR, and weak at RB.

5.13 Valence Eli Manning QB 11

6.2 Valence Carson Palmer QB 12

2.2 Valence DeAngelo Williams RB 9

4.2 Valence Knowshon Moreno RB 15

7.13 Valence - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB32, NYG

11.13 Valence - Donald Brown, RB48, IND

3.13 Valence Hakeem Nicks WR 17

8.2 Valence - Devin Thomas, WR41, WAS

9.13 Valence - Anthony Gonzalez, WR52, IND

10.2 Valence - Jacoby Jones, WR54, HOU

12.2 Valence - Arrelious Benn, WR62, TB

1.13 Valence Antonio Gates TE2

1.13/2.02 I was planning on a more standard TE/WR from the 13th spot, but when DeAngelo Williams made it back to me I felt I had to take him there. I knew I was going TE in the 1st unless Turner or Fitzgerald fell for some reason.

3.13/4.02 I obviously needed to grab a WR here at the end of the 3rd and felt I got lucky in landing Nicks who was the last one in the tier. I'm in the camp that sees WR1 upside this year. I had planned on Grabbing Schaub at 4.02 but PAE took that option away from me. See a lot of value in breaking the seal on the next tier of WRs I went with a RB2 in Moreno that should have plenty of opportunity tobe the work horse and engine of his offense. He makes a pretty strong 1-2 punch with Williams.

5.13/6.02 Having missed out on Schaub, I knew I wanted to get two solid starters here and then forget about QB for the rest of the draft. I've been liking the Eli/Carson duo soI went with it again here. Alotof people aredown on Eli this year with a healthy Jacobs and Bradshaw in tow, but I just feel he has too many weapons to not put up a top 10-12 year. I'm also pretty high on Palmer this year. Palmer is a guy that is that underwhelmed last year but is surrounded by such a huge amount of talented weapons now that I can't see him failing again. He won't be #1 again, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got back into thetop 7-10. I like Hester a lot here too, but talked myself out of it with him having the same bye as Hicks. Then I remembered that this wasn't survivor and that it probably wasn't a big deal.

7.13/8.02 Having only one WR coming into the 7.11 pick, I was planning on getting two at this turn. I was going to gamble with VJAX here but he went two before me Then I thought about grabbing Gaffney a round earlier than he has been going, but Shadow took that away from me. I had a few WRs all grouped up after those two so I took a look at Pimpins roster and thought he woukd probably take at least 1 RB so I decided to take Bradshaw. I'm not really sure why Jacobs is being drafted ahead of him again, but I was happy to add him as a RB3, giving me a solid core of RBs. I had a choice between Devin Thomas, Johnny Knox, and Cotchery here and felt that Thomas had the most upside of the three.

9.13/10.02 Definitely going WR/WR here. Was hoping for two of Avery/A.Gonzo/TO. Unfortunately Avery went earlier and PAE took TO. So I ended up with Gonzo and Jacoby Jones.

11.13/12.02 I wanted to grab my probable last RB here was surprised to see Donald Brown still available. I seem to recall him going around the 7th/8th/9th in the SSLs. In any case, I'm happy to have him at RB4. Time to add another receiver and Benn looked like a decent value pick. I can't see him finishing lower than WR62. A fine WR5

#### me! i just drafted benson here and no mercy over the past week

may 30th this #### happens with benson and no one reports on it till now?

isnt this 2010

thanks alot today in fantasy!

now updated through round 14......

Captain's mates so far [bye]

WR - Hines Ward, PIT [5], Jeremy Maclin [8], Devin Hester [8], Eddie Royal [9], Kevin Walter [7]

K - Ryan Longwell [4]

DST - San Francisco 49ers [9] & Arizona Cardinals [6]

QB -ahead of most all teams almost all weeks

WR - started behind the herd by design - partly strategy and partly draft position....BUT I think first three can put up good to very good scores in many weeks. Yes I still have Week 8 to deal with, but frankly if everything else is plus, I would be glad to lose that week and take my chances. For these three, ahead of several of the teams but well behind many others. Royal and Walter should score in several weeks aside from week 8, assuming Royal performs as the decent #2WR I think he will be

TE - Gonzo is still a Top 5 TE and with the double ppr, a big value, so ahead of most teams here, and Shockey when on the field is not only a good backup/bye play but may have some weeks he scores

K - Longwell one of the more reliable, higher scoring kickers

DST - 49ers could easily outplay their 6th/7th ranking and while early I might have faced an even bigger run on the top scoring defensive units. Cards add another defense that plays the Rams and Seahawks twice and adds a very complementary bye week

7 PManning 5 Freeman

8 Rice 6 Benson 6 FJackson 5 Forsett

4 Harvin 7 Garcon 5 Welker 8 Mason

7 Pettigrew 9 Fred Davis

7 Jets

rzrback77 squad thru 14 rounds (bye)

QB - Tony Romo (4) and Donovan McNabb (9) - Really believe that the Cowboys passing game will be consistently used in 2010. Like having a top QB in this format and so pulled the trigger earlier than I anticipated. Felt McNabb was value as QB 15. The pair of Romo and McNabb should keep me competitive with all teams most weeks.

RB - Reggie Bush (10), Clinton Portis (9), and Laurence Maroney (5) - Obviously my lowest ranked position. Really wanted to focus on WRs early and also tried to go with best player from the middle of the draft. That kept me waiting until round five to pull the trigger. Although Bush is definitely not a RB1, I like his potential for this year. I think that he will stay involved in the game plan and if he can stay healthy, he will produce in this scoring system. He seemed more healthy down the stretch a year ago and I am hopeful, he will run stronger as he did late last year. Like Portis to be much improved over a season ago, but I think I am on an island or at least peninsula in this belief. I also think Maroney should keep the starting role and hope that he doesn't fumble away the opportunity.

WR - Larry Fitzgerald (6), Brandon Marshall (5), Mohamed Massaquoi (8) Devin Aromashodu (8) Golden Tate (5) and Devery henderson (10)- Went heavy WR early and really like the consistency of my top two, especially in ppr leagues. I think that Fitzgerald will remain the key to the Cardinal attack and he will be targeted as much as ever, even if they run more. As discussed earlier, I think Miami moves from the run to the pass with Henne and Marshall taking over the offense. Need both of these guys to consistently get points though as I will be grabbing long shots to committee my third WR scorer. OK, now I have four additional WRs to combo for a minimum of one score per week and cover the occasional down week for Fitz or B Marshall. I particularly like the random spiking ability of Henderson.

TE - Brent Celek (8) and Heath Miller (5) - Wanted to go strong at TE and therefore took two in the first six rounds. This put me behind the curve on RBs especially and WRs for depth, so I need some good brother-in-law scoring here. I really liked Miller to become one of the top Steeler targets, especially early in the year and hope that the OL loss of Colon doesn't spell more blocking for him.

PK - Kaeding (10)

DST - Packers (10)

To this point, solid at QB, Solid at TE, Really good at 2/3 of the WR, and getting some depth. Remain weak at RB. I like my #1

PK and my #1 DST, particularly if Jolly avoids a lengthy suspension.

1.9 Pictus Cat Steven Jackson RB 7

2.6 Pictus Cat Roddy White WR 7

3.9 Pictus Cat Chad Ocho Cinco WR 15

4.6 Pictus Cat Pierre Tomas RB 18

5.9 Pictus Cat Kellen WinslowTE 8

6.6 Pictus Cat Zach MillerTE 10

7.9 Pictus Cat - Joe Flacco, QB14, BAL

8.6 Pictus Cat - Jerricho Cotchery, WR44, NYJ

9.9 Pictus Cat - Donnie Avery, WR49, STL

10.6 Pictus Cat - Ben Roethlisberger, QB17, PIT

11.9 Pictus Cat - Steve Slaton, RB47, HOU

12.6 Pictus Cat - Mike Williams, WR63, TB

13.9 Pictus Cat - Leon Washington, RB52, SEA

14.6 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bear, DST10

15.9 Pictus Cat - Harry Douglas, WR77, ATL

16.6 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K10, CHI

17.9 Pictus Cat - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST22

18.6 Pictus Cat - Jay Feely, K21, AZ

7.9 Pictus Cat - Joe Flacco, QB14, BAL (8)

10.6 Pictus Cat - Ben Roethlisberger, QB17, PIT (5)

1.9 Pictus Cat Steven Jackson RB 7 (9)

4.6 Pictus Cat Pierre Thomas RB 18 (10)

11.9 Pictus Cat - Steve Slaton, RB47, HOU (7)

13.9 Pictus Cat - Leon Washington, RB52, SEA (5)

2.6 Pictus Cat Roddy White WR 7 (8)

3.9 Pictus Cat Chad Ocho Cinco WR 15 (6)

8.6 Pictus Cat - Jerricho Cotchery, WR44, NYJ (7)

9.9 Pictus Cat - Donnie Avery, WR49, STL (9)

12.6 Pictus Cat - Mike Williams, WR63, TB (4)

15.9 Pictus Cat - Harry Douglas, WR77, ATL (8)

5.9 Pictus Cat Kellen WinslowTE 8 (4)

6.6 Pictus Cat Zach MillerTE 10 (10)

16.6 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K10, CHI (8)

18.6 Pictus Cat - Jay Feely, K21, AZ (6)

14.6 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bear, DST10 (8)

17.9 Pictus Cat - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST22 (4)

very nice team Pictus

I like the QB combo - great value on Big Ben (I was set to take him at my next turn) and I am still Wacko4Flacco

I think the TEs individually have question marks, but as a combo they should play fine.

now updated through round 17......

Captain's mates so far [bye]

QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB [10], & Matt Moore, CAR [6]

RB - Rashaard Mendenhall, PIT [5], Cadillac Williams [4], Tim Hightower [6], Tashard Choice [4]

K - Ryan Longwell [4] & Nick Folk [7[

DST - San Francisco 49ers [9] & Arizona Cardinals [6]

Looks like a good team for this format (this IS H2H, not our regular survivor)

Comments and grades:

QB -ahead of most all teams almost all weeks A

RB - solid, I think Mendy is a top seven RB so ahead of half of the teams at RB1. Caddy is the starter for TB and Hightower despite all the Beanie love, IS the starter in Arizona and will score much higher than his current ranking even IF Wells plays up to his. Adding Choice in the 16th was a big enough plus to upgrade the grade here to B-

WR - started behind the herd by design - partly strategy and partly draft position....BUT I think first three can put up good to very good scores in many weeks. Yes I still have Week 8 to deal with, but frankly if everything else is plus, I would be glad to lose that week and take my chances. For these three, ahead of several of the teams but well behind many others. Royal and Walter should score in several weeks aside from week 8, assuming Royal performs as the decent #2WR I think he will be.....as a group (with one more) B-

TE - Gonzo is still a Top 5 TE and with the double ppr, a big value, so ahead of most teams here, and Shockey when on the field is not only a good backup/bye play but may have some weeks he scores. A TE pair

K - Longwell & Folk - solid guys on winning teams that both have slight hiccups in scoring so should have lots of FG chances.

DST - 49ers could easily outplay their 6th/7th ranking and while early I might have faced an even bigger run on the top scoring defensive units. Cards add another defense that plays the Rams and Seahawks twice and adds a very complementary bye week

testing this c/p from my excel file.....if it works, I will start a new thread as we move through the 18th round and then each team can add comments about their team, other teams, the field as a whole, or even add some questions (I know I have a few :goodposting: )

Hook Team

QB

Rodgers

RB

Mendenhall

C. Williams

Hightower

Choice

WR

H. Ward

J. Maclin

Hester

Royal

K. Walter

TE

Gonzo

Shockey

DST

49ers

Cardinals

K

Longwell

Folk

QB: Brees, Hasselbeck

I know, I know, guppy move. But picking Brees with my 2nd pick does two things: 1) Gives me consistent scoring in nearly every week, and 2) Allows me to wait until the last minute to take a capable backup, so while others are scrambling for a decent #2 and spending a good pick on one, I am able to focus more on RB/WR. Hasselbeck isn't a great backup, but if he can stay upright, he'll at least have a few decent weeks, especially against opponents in his own division.

RB: Grant, Stewart, R Williams, Tate, Bell

I'm fairly happy with this. Taking a QB and TE with my first two picks naturally handcuffs me at the RB and WR positions early on, so I have to make do with what is left. Grant and Stewart are considered by many experts to both be top 10-12 RBs. Getting them in the 3rd and 4th round works for me! Ricky is getting older, and he's bound to break down at some point. Hopefully that isn't this year. If he can even get 2/3rds the production he had last year, I'll be happy and it will be a worthwhile pick. Tate is one of the shots-in-the-dark we take with rookies. Outside of maybe Matthews and Best (and MAYBE Spiller), I think Tate has the best chance out of the rookie RBs to make a splash. If he can get me 750 yards/5 TDs or so, it will be worth it to me. Bell is worth a late round flier. With Westbrook finally gone, Bell is the definite #2. McCoy looks like he's being groomed to play like Westbrook once did and will get a good # of receptions. Bell looks like he'll be the pounder and should get some decent touches.

WR: Driver, Edwards, Britt, Chambers, Mannginham

Eh, not the strongest group, that's for sure. Edwards will battle for the #1 spot against Cotchery and Holmes (when he's back from suspension), and looks like he will avoid suspension of his own. I think with all the weapons they have now, as long as Sanchez doesn't have a sophomore slump and absolutely suck, Edwards should get some decent points. Driver maybe getting older and is the #2 on his team, he's on a great pass-happy offense and is a steady producer. I'm not too crazy about the Titan passing attack, but Britt was a later-round pick and should put up some decent points. Manningham should move up to the #3 spot with the loss of Hixon this year, and looked decent last year. He is worth a late-round flier and should easily outproduce where he was picked.

TE: Clark, Greshem

I was sorely tempted to go with one TE, since I had a stud like Clark, but looking through his game logs last year, even HE has a few blah games, so having a #2 wouldn't hurt, not to mention he would help with the bye week. Now where it could bite me is taking a rookie TE. Granted it's the top rookie TE this year, but you never know how Greshem will do. I like his chances though and the Cinncy passing game has improved.

DEF + K: Eagles, Redskins, Hartley, Carpenter

Decent DEFs and top kickers. Should be steady points nearly every week.

Overall, not a bad team. Maybe not as strong as last year's, but it should be a contender. I'd say maybe a B or B+. I got sniped several times, as did everyone, I'm sure. The one that took the cake for me was Roy Williams, whom I was really hoping would fall to me. People have completely forgotten about him, and he'll easily outproduce where he was drafted.

**EDIT** Also wanted to add that having only 18 rounds makes it really interesting for everyone to see where they will be lacking. I decided to have a backup for every position, which leaves me only 5 WRs and 5 RBs. Perhaps I should have gone 4 RBs and 6 WRs or maybe not gone with a backup QB, TE, DEF, or K, but I felt I needed it. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the end. There were still a few WRs I was looking at that would have fit well on this team, and very nearly did instead of a backup K. I won't name whom though!

Good luck all!

**EDIT** Also wanted to add that having only 18 rounds makes it really interesting for everyone to see where they will be lacking. I decided to have a backup for every position, which leaves me only 5 WRs and 5 RBs. Perhaps I should have gone 4 RBs and 6 WRs or maybe not gone with a backup QB, TE, DEF, or K, but I felt I needed it. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the end. There were still a few WRs I was looking at that would have fit well on this team, and very nearly did instead of a backup K. I won't name whom though!
I think having only 5 WRs with no true stud WR1 is going to destroy this teams chances. If Clark catches 100+ again you could be ok, but Man thats a rough WR crew I think Mike Bell was a wasted pick. Theres at least a handful of WRs till on the board that I would rather have for this team than Mike Bell.

Users who are viewing this thread