What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

okay, let's see how the cut/paste works

radballs

QB

M. Ryan

Garrard

RB

C. Johnson

F. Jones

M. Bush

Tomlinson

WR

SSmith/car

Bowe

Housh

M. Thomas

Heyward-Bey

Avant

TE

Finley

Heap

DST

Chargers

Titans

K

Akers

Vinatieri

Team Legacy

QB

Kolb

Henne

Campbell

RB

MJD

L. McCoy

Hardesty

Gerhart

WR

Colston

Meachem

M. Floyd

Edelman

Js. Jones

D. Thomas

TE

V. Davis

Scheffler

Bengals

Colts

K

Janikowski

grouse

QB

Stafford

V. Young

RB

Peterson

Mathews

Addai

Sproles

B. Scott

WR

DJAX

MSW

Dez Bryant

Breaston

Burleson

Robiskie

TE

Scaife

Watson

Giants

Broncos

K

Mare

Fiddles

QB

P. Manning

Freeman

RB

R. Rice

Benson

F.Jackson

Forsett

WR

Harvin

Garcon

Welker

D. Mason

Stroughter

Doucet

J. Shipley

TE

Pettigrew

F. Davis

Moeaki

Jets

K

Nedney

Old Milwaukee

QB

Favre

Alex Smith

RB

C. Wells

B. Jacobs

McFadden

T. Jones

A. Foster

WR

A. Johnson

Jennings

Crabtree

Hartline

TE

Carlson

Keller

Patriots

Bills

K

Tynes

Buehler

Twilight

QB

Cutler

Sanchez

RB

Gore

J. Best

J. Harrison

WR

S. Rice

SSmith/nyg

L. Evans

Collie

McCluster

Schilens

L. Murphy

TE

Shiancoe

Boss

Saints

Panthers

K

Bironas

rzrback77

QB

Romo

McNabb

RB

R. Bush

Portis

Maroney

D. Ward

WR

Fitzgerald

Marshall

Massaquoi

Aromashdu

G. Tate

Henderson

TE

Celek

H. Miller

Packers

Lions

K

Kaeding

Rackers

Captain Hook

QB

Rodgers

M. Moore

RB

Mendenhall

C. Williams

Hightower

Choice

WR

H. Ward

J. Maclin

Hester

Royal

K. Walter

L. Robinson

TE

Gonzo

Shockey

49ers

Cardinals

K

Longwell

Folk

Pictus Cat

QB

Flacco

Roethlisgerger

RB

SJAX

P. Thomas

Slaton

L. Washington

WR

R. White

OchoCinco

Cotchery

Avery

M. Williams

Douglas

TE

Winslow

Z. Miller

Bears

Buccaneers

K

Gould

Feely

Sinrman

QB

Brees

Hasselbeck

RB

Grant

J. Stewart

R. Williams

B. Tate

M. Bell

WR

Driver

Edwards

Britt

Chambers

Manningham

TE

D. Clark

Greshem

Eagles

Redskins

K

Hartley

Carpenter

ravnzfan

QB

Rivers

Cassell

RB

Turner

R. Brown

C. Taylor

Buckhalter

WR

CalvinJ

Boldin

M. Wallace

V. Jackson

N.Washington

Cribbs

TE

Cooley

Fasano

Ravens

Texans

K

Prater

Reed

ShadowMaster

QB

Brady

Leinart

RB

S. Greene

Forte

L. Johnson

K. Faulk

F. Taylor

WR

Wayne

S. Moss

Gaffney

Knox

S. Holmes

M. Jenkins

TE

Witten

Steelers

Vikings

K

Gostkowski

Hauschka

Valence

QB

E. Manning

Palmer

RB

D. Will

Moreno

Bradshaw

D. Brown

WR

Nicks

D. Thomas

A. Gonzalez

Jac Jones

Benn

B. Tate

L. Moore

TE

Gates

A. Hernandez

Dolphins

Raiders

K

Graham

Pimpin Ain't Easy

QB

Schaub

Orton

RB

J.Charles

Barber

Stiller

McGahee

M. Lynch

WR

R. Moss

Austin

A. Bryant

T. Owens

Berrian

R. Williams

TE

Daniels

G. Olsen

Cowboys

Browns

K

Crosby

Last edited by a moderator:
Radballs

QB: Tough to grade out QBs because it’s best ball and certainly the studs have an advantage but Ryan and Garrard are weak compared to others. Obviously you waited Rad, but this is not the strength of the team.

RB: Chris Johnson, Felix, MBush, and Tomlinson. Considering you only have 18 roster spots this is pretty strong. Johnson as the RB1 and then the other rotating for position every week, I like this group plenty. Felix can be explosive and in best ball you will have his best games automatically. This is strong for sure.

WR: Smith from Carolina, like him a lot even with the broken arm/wrist, he’ll be fine. Not a Bowe fan when you can draft Chambers a many rounds later for half the price. Housh and Thomas in the 3 and 4 slots seems weak to me. DHB(homer) and Avant have little to no impact for now. Not a big fan of this compared to what others have.

TE: Finley and Heap make a nice 1-2 combo. Finley could be top3 so this is good.

Def/ST and PK: Why burn 2 kickers with an 18 man roster? I’ll tell everyone that did that the same thing. SD and TN make a nice combo at defense.

Team Legacy: He’s won 3 years in a row not much I can say. Not a big fan of 3 QBs, RB2 is a bit of mystery, WR1 and WR2 on the same team??? Might be a good year to break that streak.

Grouse

QB: Stafford and Young…not good. I like Stafford enough but this won’t come anywhere close to the some of the top tier QBs, and it may be a huge hole some weeks. Weak.

RB: Strong…ADP, Mathews, Addai, Sproles, and Scott…pretty nice group of RBs, you’re gonna need them all to carry you.

WR: DeSean, MSW, Dez, Breaston, Nate, Robiskie…a lot of risk. I don’t like DeSean as much this year, Jax passing game is mediocre, the rest is an unknown mostly. Not strong hre.

TE: Scaife and Watson…Yikes!

Def/ST and PK: Giants, Broncos, and Mare…fairly mediocre.

I don’t see you making a playoff push, sorry.

Fiddles

QB: Manning and anyone is going to be decent.

RB: Rice and Benson provide a nice 1-2 punch. Jackson and Forsett behind them is OK but I don’t think Fred is going to be a great pick up this year. Seattle is still in flux along the OL, Forsett and all Seattle backs are on my avoid list.

WR: Not good…Harvin as your WR1? What were you thinking? Garcon…took the bait, sucker. Welker and Mason might save you a bit here but Welker could be on the PUP list to start, Mason 2nd Fiddle to Boldin. The other 3 are just roster fodder and when you only have 18 spots that’s not good.

TE: Terrible…both Pett and Davis have competition, a lot of it.

Def/ST: Only 1 defense, good luck, and Nedney?

This is terrible, possible candidate for low man on the totem pole. I thought Grouse was weak but slide over baby.

OM

QB: Favre and Smith…better hope Brett can duplicate the impossible from a year ago.

RB: Wells, Jacobs, McFadden, Jones, and Foster…not a fan of this group. Wells and Jacobs will likely miss time due to injury, McFadden has been a huge bust to this point, Jones is past his prime, and Foster might start but what does that mean?

WR: AJ, Jennings, Crabtree, and Hartline…certainly a strong top3, limited rosters, I understand what you did here but you likely needed 1 more WR.

TE: Carlson and Keller will be decent

Def/ST and PK: Pats, Bills, Tynes, and a guy who might not be the starter in Buehler…not a fan of 2 PKs.

Take a seat next to Grouse and Fiddles.

Twilight

QB: Cutler and Sanchez…Cutler won’t make it thru the season with that OL, and Sanchez is bottom 10…weak.

RB: Gore, Best, and Harrison…I like it. Can’t argue with taking only 3 when you have these guys.

WR: Rice, Smith(NYG) Evans, Collie, McClust, Schilens, Murphy…not a fan of grabbing the Oakland guys at the end but this is deep enough to do some damage, good job.

TE: Shiancoe and Boss are solid

Def/ST and PK: Saints, Pantehrs, and Bironas…good enough.

Better than the last 3 teams.

Rzrback77

QB: Romo and McNabb…#### yeah

RB: Reggie, Portis, Maroney, and DWard…risky is all I can say.

WR: Fitz, Marshall, Mass, Aromashudo, Tate, Devry Henderson…strongest group I have seen. Big time upside at the WR1 and WR2, the rest will have their moments.

TE: Celek and H.Miller, strong strong strong

Def/ST and PK: Packers, Lions, Kaeding ,and Rackers…why Rackers?

Good strong team

Hook

QB: Rodgers and Moore…sounds like an English law firm. Aaron Rodgers and anyone is going to be strong.

RB: Not a fan Hook. Mendy has a terrible OL, Cadillac is half of his former self, another miserable OL, Hightower is supposed to be the cop back, we’ll see.

WR: Ward, again you loaded up in the RB1 and WR1 positions on a team with Byron Lefty starting right now…Colon going down really hurts. Maclin I like, Hester will have a couple big games. I’m not high on Royal, Walter is value at WR5, Laurent Robinson, good luck there.

TE: Gonzo and Shockey will be strong. Shockey is an ideal TE2.

Def/ST and PK: Niners and Cardinals are great, get to beat up on the NFC West, Longwell and Folk, did we need 2 kickers?

Pictus

QB: Flacco and Big Ben: Naked for 4 weeks, maybe 6. Colon going down cripples the pass protection, good luck.

RB: SJax, Pierre Thomas(liking this), Salton and Leon…you drafted two cripples after coming out of the box strong.

WR: White, Ocho, Cotch…looks pretty good. Avery, Mike Willaims, Douglas…terrible back court.

TE: Winslow and Zach Miller, outstanding.

Def/St and PK: Bears and Bucs meh. 2 PKs, don’t know why you all did this.

Middle of the road team, there’s a lot of them

Sinrman

QB: Brees and whatever, good to go. Maybe not take Hass who could lose his job.

RB: Grant, Stewart, Ricky, and Tate…that’ll work.

WR: Driver, Edwards, Britt, Chambers, Manningham…not a lot of punch here.

TE: Clark and Gresham, good to go

Def/ST and PK: Eagles, Skins…why 2 form a tough division??? Makes no sense. You draft Hartley so you need Carpenter like you need a hole in the head.

OK, but could have been a lot better.

Ravnzfan

QB: Rivers and Cassell…might not work out if Rivers falters some. His weapons are looking limited at the moment.

RB: Turner, Brown, Chuck Taylor, and Buckbuck…could be decent, need Ronnie to stay healthy or get healthy.

WR: Calvin, Boldin, Wallace, VJax, Nate, and Cribbs…speed speed and more speed…I likey.

TE: Cooley and Fasano…meh

Def/ST and PK: 2 kickers for you too? Ravens and Texans, OK.

Could be good, could be medium

ShadowM

QB: Brady and fluffy, hopefully Brady stays healthy.

RB: Greene(took the bait), Forte(again), Larry Johnson(RB3?), Kevin Faulk and Fred Taylor…might as well take guys way past their prime. This could get ugly.

WR: Wayne, S.Moss, Gaffney(I smell a good stable brewing here), Knox, S.Holmes, M.Jenkins…no real complaints. Could be a very effective group. I like the steady production you should get form the 2-3-4 slots. Pop form the WR1, Holmes comes back week 5…not bad.

TE: Witten…1 TE? OK

Def/ST and PK: Steelers and Vikings, that should rock…Gost and Hausch…2 kickers wtf?

Top line is good, not much depth at QB and RB IMO.

Valence

QB: Eli and Palmer…interesting, could be solid.

RB: DWill, Moreno, Bradshaw…Knowshon is gonna have some problems but collectively I like it.

WR: Nicks(WR1?), Thomas(WR2?), Gonzalez(WR3?) Jones, Benn, Tate, Moore…did anyone put together a world beater at WR?

TE: Gates and Hernandez, good

Def/ST and PK: Dolphins, Raiders, and Graham…OK

Decent but again this could be better.

PAE

QB: Schaub and Orton…as long as Schaub can stay on the field which he did last year, Orton is severely undervalued.

RB: Charles, Barber, Spiller, McGahee, and Lynch…solid. Spiller as the RB3? Nice

WR: Randy Moss, Miles Austin…I smell gold here…A.Bryant, Terrell Owens, Berrian, and Roy Williams…best WR stable by a mile. A very long mile.

TE: Daniles and Olson…some gamble here but if Owen is back and Olson is targeted you have 2 top10 TEs …looks like you were swinging for the fences most of the way.

Def/ST: Dallas, Cleveland…get a top notch defense and the best return man in the game, perhaps 2 of them if Dez Bryant returns kicks. 1 kicker was enough and you got one of the best in Crosby.

Easily the best team that was put together for the moment. My money is on Pimpin

Sean - not sure why you have a problem with two kickers. Aside from the obvious of having some points at the position in all weeks - not taking an unncessary Zero in K1'a bye week, having two kicker going most weeks gives you some upside - even great kickers on great teams have games where the team scores three or four touchdowns and thus get 3 or 4 points. The second kicker gives you the chance to get more that week.

But thanks for grading out the teams (even if most will not agree entirely with your assessments)

Any of you guys interested in taking over a team in a 2nd year contract dynasty league (PPR) that I run? I may have an opening and will know for sure on Tuesday. buy-in is $58 (including league fees) Top prize this year is $350. This team has the 1.03 pick in this year's rookie draft. The league just entered the RFA period earlier this week.

I thought I would offer it to my reunion buds before opening it up to the masses. if you are interested PM me and I'll get you the details of the team, scoring system etc.

Sean - not sure why you have a problem with two kickers. Aside from the obvious of having some points at the position in all weeks - not taking an unncessary Zero in K1'a bye week, having two kicker going most weeks gives you some upside - even great kickers on great teams have games where the team scores three or four touchdowns and thus get 3 or 4 points. The second kicker gives you the chance to get more that week.But thanks for grading out the teams (even if most will not agree entirely with your assessments)
Well Perry, I just think with 18 slots that you are better suited to try adn squueze an extra RB/WR on your team with upside. I can make up 3 or 4 points at kicker, much harder to make up a bagel from my WR2Is there a WW? I should have asked that but it still seems like a waste to burn 2 Def and 2 PK out of 18...that's close to 25% of your roster. Just my opinion.And I doubt anyone will agree with what I posted but I tried to be brief and direct. .

Sean - not sure why you have a problem with two kickers. Aside from the obvious of having some points at the position in all weeks - not taking an unncessary Zero in K1'a bye week, having two kicker going most weeks gives you some upside - even great kickers on great teams have games where the team scores three or four touchdowns and thus get 3 or 4 points. The second kicker gives you the chance to get more that week.But thanks for grading out the teams (even if most will not agree entirely with your assessments)
Well Perry, I just think with 18 slots that you are better suited to try adn squueze an extra RB/WR on your team with upside. I can make up 3 or 4 points at kicker, much harder to make up a bagel from my WR2Is there a WW? I should have asked that but it still seems like a waste to burn 2 Def and 2 PK out of 18...that's close to 25% of your roster. Just my opinion.And I doubt anyone will agree with what I posted but I tried to be brief and direct. .
No trades and no waiver wire. Draft and play out best ball. Thanks for doing this!

ShadowMaster Self Analysis -

QB

3.12 T.Brady (5) - TommyB at the end of 3 seemed like great value considering the stats he could put up.

13.12 M.Leinart (6) - Risky, but he does have good weapons around him. Lets see if he learned some tricks from Kurt.

RB

4.03 S. Greene (7) - Great O line. Finished strong. If he picks up at the end of 09 he'll be a solid RB1. Doesn't catch much is a down side.

6.03 M.Forte (8) - I'm taking a stance that he can hold off Chester. '09 Production limited by the 4TDs more than anything else. That should improve.

10.03 L. Johnson (9) - Starts over Portis and shines in the Shanahan 1 cut system.

16.03 K. Faulk (5) - Ancient but they love him in NE. Steady PPR production that will out produce his 16th round slot.

17.12 F. Taylor (5) - That they went right back to Fred last year speaks volumes about what they seem to think of Maroney. Freddy could start, and easily out produce his 17th round slot.

I need to hit on a couple of the bets I've made here to be productive. If I get the majority right I think they have the upside to be a strong group. It's going to come down to touches. Opted for 5 over the 2nd TE to increase the odds. I like the bye week spread.

WR

1.12 R.Wayne (7) - Payton's WR1 is always a good option.

5.12 S. Moss (9) - Returns to form under Shanny and with McNabb

7.12 J.Gaffney (9) - New WR1 in Denver

8.03 J.Knox (8) - Looking for some Martz magic production here and some big game punch.

9.12 S. Holmes (7) - WR1 in NY from week 5 onward

15.12 M. Jenkins (8) - TD production history sucks, but consistant with PPR production

I like the balance and consistancy I should get from this group. Everyone is a WR1 or 2. Only Knox lacks productive history. Again, I like the bye week balance.

TE

2.03 J.Witten (4)

Ignoring TE cost me last year - I did not want to repeat that error. PPR monster and I expect more than 1 TD in 2010. I'm comfy running him solo.

Utility

11.12 Steelers (5)

12.03 Vikings (4)

14.03 S.Gostkowski (5)

18.03 S.Hauschka (8)

The 12 slot was a tough starting point, but I feel I got some value in several rounds. While I expected Pimp and Val to make the turn a nightmare for me, I could not believe how many of my choices Ravenz also nabbed up with 1 pick to go. This draft is a real challenge! You guys are a pro bunch and several teams look strong; however, I think we all know that TL is the man to beat!

As always..... looking forward to watching this play out with you guys again in 2010

Checking in with the draft. There's a METHOD to my madness. Yes, it's the unconventional route for me this year, and it certainly reasons to bet against me.. "He couldn't possibly win 4 years in a row.. no f'ing way..." Do you really think I'd go into this draft without a strategy? No way!

Let's take a look back. I won the league last year because I scored AJ and hit on two deep sleepers - Sidney Rice and Mike Sims Walker.

I drafted Schaub/Palmer and Keller/Olsen. Schaub was a BIG HIT with AJ finishing #5 overall.

I busted out on Westbrook and Roy Williams as 2 of my first 4 picks.

Points are points in this league. You only have to start 2 rbs 3 wrs and 1 te.

So many knocking the kicker strategy... BIG DEAL... My second kicker LAST YEAR was Phil Dawson, who finished 29th overall and added a TOTAL of 16 points to my team through 17 weeks.

My first pick last year was AJ. This year I score MJD who scored MORE than AJ last year.

I busted last year on 2 of my next 3 picks. Tell me who busts out of my next 3 here - Colston, VD and Mccoy. I see this as a BIG improvement, especially considering the 1.5 per TE reception for VD. If McCoy is good for 50 balls and if thats the case, he's Top 12.

Kolb is in a high octane offense so I think he can actually COMPETE with Schaub's #s last year. Better? Maybe not. That's why I took at 3rd QB in Campbell. I think he and Henne should ENSURE that this trio gets the job done at an ELITE level.

Colston and Meachem, the 1 and 2 for DREW BREES ensure me over 400 points of total production for the year. That's comparable to a Greg Jennings/Steve Smith start.

Floyd as my 3... hmm... Looking at what was drafted behind me - Housh, Burleson, Cotchery, Britt, Knox, Dev Thomas... I'm estatic about Floyd and his potential. Same with Hardesty as my #3. We all know why Holmgren traded up to get this guy and he's been getting nothing but rave reviews since.

9 & 10 - Edelman and Henne. Love both of these picks for my team. Edelman, another weapon on a potent passing team...

Follow that up with Scheffler and James Jones. I'm super high on Scheff this year the way they're going to use him in the offense. James Jones represents that "Sidney Rice" upside, especially if Driver shows signs of wearing down even further... Demaryious Thomas and Gerhart round things out. I see Gerhart as a big time TD producer year one, and in this format, that's very startable. Thomas is a wildcard and its unbelievable he would last as long as he did with that type of upside.

Go ahead, bash away.. Team construction is important. I think many will be surprised by this team's production. I'm not worried about drafting a "paper" team. I want a team that is going to produce and I ensured that by drafting players on elite offenses.

Ministry of Pain said:
Team Legacy said:
I busted last year on 2 of my next 3 picks. Tell me who busts out of my next 3 here - Colston, VD and Mccoy.
VD and McCoy

:lol:
Wrong, depending on your definition of bust, all three could disappoint.Colston - Lots of mouths

VD - Run first, more mouths than last year

McCoy - Nothing more than a flyer

Two will underperform by at least two rounds for their draft position. No qualifiers.

While we are not generating as much analysis and draft discussion as I would like at least we have a good number of side bets piling up :bag:

Just updated my draft dominator with the July 7th projections. Apparently used the free version with the previous rankings.

Looking at total team strengths

1) radballs 2639

2) rzrback77 2625

3) Captain Hook 2596

4) ravnzfan 2575

5) Pictus Cat 2568

6) Twilight 2485

7) Old Milwaukee 2479

8) Shadow Master 2479

9) Sinrman 2466

10) grouse 2463

11) Team Legacy 2433

12) Pimpin 2395

13) fiddles 2356

14) Valence 2314

And then again with only starters considered

1) radballs 1949

2) Pictus Cat 1939

3) Captain Hook 1930

4) rzrback77 1916

5) Team Legacy 1875

6) Twilight 1874

7) ravnzfan 1870

8) Shadow Master 1862

9) Sinrman 1850

10) Old Milwaukee 1841

11) Pimpin 1825

12) fiddles 1799

13) grouse 1792

14) Valence 1716

Just updated my draft dominator with the July 7th projections. Apparently used the free version with the previous rankings.Looking at total team strengths1) radballs 26392) rzrback77 26253) Captain Hook 25964) ravnzfan 25755) Pictus Cat 25686) Twilight 24857) Old Milwaukee 24798) Shadow Master 24799) Sinrman 246610) grouse 246311) Team Legacy 243312) Pimpin 239513) fiddles 235614) Valence 2314And then again with only starters considered1) radballs 19492) Pictus Cat 19393) Captain Hook 19304) rzrback77 19165) Team Legacy 18756) Twilight 18747) ravnzfan 18708) Shadow Master 1862 9) Sinrman 1850 10) Old Milwaukee 184111) Pimpin 182512) fiddles 1799 13) grouse 179214) Valence 1716
yikes. maybe I'm delusional but I definitely don't feel my team is the worst. Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing any analysis other than my own team. The girlfriend finally got here and we've been unpacking and organizing and getting rid of crap for the last 2 weeks. there just hasn't been a lot of time for FF stuff outside of the drafts.

valence said:
yikes. maybe I'm delusional but I definitely don't feel my team is the worst. Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing any analysis other than my own team. The girlfriend finally got here and we've been unpacking and organizing and getting rid of crap for the last 2 weeks. there just hasn't been a lot of time for FF stuff outside of the drafts.
Well they are pre-season projections and the DD can't really effectively analyze/project the effects of best ball scoring.....BUT let's take a lookValenceQB E. Manning Palmer RB D. Will Moreno Bradshaw D. Brown WR Nicks D. Thomas A. Gonzalez Jac Jones Benn B. Tate L. MooreTE Gates A. HernandezDST Dolphins RaidersK GrahamTo me the biggest concern is that WR group......way too many IFS for good scores every week

I am going to try something different - let's look at the positions as drafted, starting with quarterbacks

QBs

radballs

M. Ryan

Garrard

TL

Kolb

Henne

Campbell

grouse

Stafford

V. Young

Fiddles

P. Manning

Freeman

OM

Favre

Alex Smith

Twilight

Cutler

Sanchez

rzrback77

Romo

McNabb

Captain Hook

Rodgers

M. Moore

Pictus Cat

Flacco

Roethlisgerger

Sinrman

Brees

Hasselbeck

ravnzfan

Rivers

Cassell

ShadowMaster

Brady

Leinart

Valence

E. Manning

Palmer

PAE

Schaub

Orton

So we see many different approaches

1) draft a STUD QB early and get a backup you hope will score well in the bye week

2) take a decent QB1 with a solid QB2 and hope they mesh well for weekly production

2a) take one STUD QB and grab another good starter

2b) the lone QBBC (not sure if this was the draft plan or a late loss of faith in his first two) 2a with an extra QB

3) take two random QBs and hope for the best

1) PAE, ShadowMaster, ravnzfan, Sinrman, Capt Hook, Fiddles

2) Valence, Pictus Cat, Twilight, OM, radballs

2a) rzrback

2b) Team Legacy

3) grouse

I think this was asked and answered earlier (as a ranking) but looking again now, how would you rate the Team's quarterbacks for projected PPG?

Guys - Important off topic question - Do ANY of you want to do a mock draft here for the FBG Players Championship? If so post here or shoot me a PM and I will run one if there are enough known solid drafters (and maybe some help)

PVH

Guys - Important off topic question - Do ANY of you want to do a mock draft here for the FBG Players Championship? If so post here or shoot me a PM and I will run one if there are enough known solid drafters (and maybe some help)PVH
I'm in on that Perry. I keep meaning to register, but haven't got around to it yet.

so far we have

ShadowMaster

Valence

Captain Hook

I would like to get a few more from the Reunion group or yearly survivor crew and then add is some of the new guys to the forum and get started.

....BUT we need more bodies first

Pictus saved himself in SSL2, and does the same against PAE here.

I'm seriously hurting at WR, but I'm right now the top scoring team. It's just not going to last, unfortunately. Oh well.

Another single change from MNF, as Perry get the win, although Finley almost helped Ollie, missing by only .6 (Ow). GL all, but it should be a bit easier for everyone else in future weeks as I'm winning with Mirrors and am sure to crash and burn soon here.

Darren - not sure about the mirrors, but you do have the highest total points

BTW....the Reunion page says 2009 instead of 2010.....

I need 15 from MJD tonight to get past Ravnzfan and get back in this hunt for a 4th consecutive championship. C'mon MJD!

Old Mill @6-1 is on a nice run but 10 teams are 4-3/3-4 so most everyone is still alive

...tho we are about 2 weeks from putting the nail in the TL coffin! :thumbdown:

:thumbdown:

So your giving me even money that gonzo is top 5 this year? I'll take that bet.
Scott - I will give you even money that my TE scoring is Top Five in THIS league......another league entry or dinner in Vegas next September?
I'll take that bet, reunion dues once again. Technically however there should be only 3 a's handed out with only 14 teams
BUMP. Can't forget about this one. Hey, after a 3 year run, gotta hang my hat on somethin...

So your giving me even money that gonzo is top 5 this year? I'll take that bet.
Scott - I will give you even money that my TE scoring is Top Five in THIS league......another league entry or dinner in Vegas next September?
I'll take that bet, reunion dues once again. Technically however there should be only 3 a's handed out with only 14 teams
BUMP. Can't forget about this one. Hey, after a 3 year run, gotta hang my hat on somethin...
Seasons over?I win!!!

from last years thread:

Wk 14 - The two wildcards(top 2 scorers) from each division match up along division lines

Wk 15 is Div winner(by record) v Wildcard Winner

Wk 16 Finale.

as it stands now wk 14 would be:

Rads v Hook

winner takes on OM (wk 15)

Val v Fids

winner takes on Ravnz (wk 15)l

ShadowMaster Self Analysis - QB3.12 T.Brady (5) - TommyB at the end of 3 seemed like great value considering the stats he could put up.13.12 M.Leinart (6) - Risky, but he does have good weapons around him. Lets see if he learned some tricks from Kurt.RB4.03 S. Greene (7) - Great O line. Finished strong. If he picks up at the end of 09 he'll be a solid RB1. Doesn't catch much is a down side.6.03 M.Forte (8) - I'm taking a stance that he can hold off Chester. '09 Production limited by the 4TDs more than anything else. That should improve.10.03 L. Johnson (9) - Starts over Portis and shines in the Shanahan 1 cut system.16.03 K. Faulk (5) - Ancient but they love him in NE. Steady PPR production that will out produce his 16th round slot.17.12 F. Taylor (5) - That they went right back to Fred last year speaks volumes about what they seem to think of Maroney. Freddy could start, and easily out produce his 17th round slot.I need to hit on a couple of the bets I've made here to be productive. If I get the majority right I think they have the upside to be a strong group. It's going to come down to touches. Opted for 5 over the 2nd TE to increase the odds. I like the bye week spread.WR1.12 R.Wayne (7) - Payton's WR1 is always a good option.5.12 S. Moss (9) - Returns to form under Shanny and with McNabb7.12 J.Gaffney (9) - New WR1 in Denver8.03 J.Knox (8) - Looking for some Martz magic production here and some big game punch.9.12 S. Holmes (7) - WR1 in NY from week 5 onward15.12 M. Jenkins (8) - TD production history sucks, but consistant with PPR productionI like the balance and consistancy I should get from this group. Everyone is a WR1 or 2. Only Knox lacks productive history. Again, I like the bye week balance.TE2.03 J.Witten (4)Ignoring TE cost me last year - I did not want to repeat that error. PPR monster and I expect more than 1 TD in 2010. I'm comfy running him solo.Utility11.12 Steelers (5)12.03 Vikings (4)14.03 S.Gostkowski (5) 18.03 S.Hauschka (8)The 12 slot was a tough starting point, but I feel I got some value in several rounds. While I expected Pimp and Val to make the turn a nightmare for me, I could not believe how many of my choices Ravenz also nabbed up with 1 pick to go. This draft is a real challenge! You guys are a pro bunch and several teams look strong; however, I think we all know that TL is the man to beat!As always..... looking forward to watching this play out with you guys again in 2010
Shadow...codos to you my man for being able to consistenly hang 120's, considering:--QB...only scoring w/Brady--RB...only scoring w/Forte+SGreene--Kicker....no scoring for a month, after Gos'ski solo'd all season :goodposting:

from last years thread:Wk 14 - The two wildcards(top 2 scorers) from each division match up along division linesWk 15 is Div winner(by record) v Wildcard WinnerWk 16 Finale. as it stands now wk 14 would be:Rads v Hookwinner takes on OM (wk 15)Val v Fidswinner takes on Ravnz (wk 15)l
correct, thanx Fiddleswk 14 has 2 Wild Cards(2 highest on points, regardless of record) square off w/in Divisionwk 15 had the WC winner face his Division Champwk 16 is a throw down between the last 2 standing, this year w/o Team Legacy who has decided to let the common folk try for a slice of the pie

;) not so fast guys - unless I my quick look was mistaken or Twilight hadn't finalized or corrected or Jeff Reed pulls a rabbit out of someone's posterior it looks like in a low scoring week the feared TL put up a huge number and overtook me for the second spot in runner up points and thus is back alive and in the playoffs

:) not so fast guys - unless I my quick look was mistaken or Twilight hadn't finalized or corrected or Jeff Reed pulls a rabbit out of someone's posterior it looks like in a low scoring week the feared TL put up a huge number and overtook me for the second spot in runner up points and thus is back alive and in the playoffs
Yep, just wow.Old Milwaukee gets enough on Monday to lock in the Bye without tiebreakers. Ravnz had the bye already. So they enjoy next week off.In the Freaks, two teams passed Perry in total points, which means Ollie faces the defending champ.Fiddles will take on Valence in the less surprising matchup.GL all.

Twilight said:
:yes: not so fast guys - unless I my quick look was mistaken or Twilight hadn't finalized or corrected or Jeff Reed pulls a rabbit out of someone's posterior it looks like in a low scoring week the feared TL put up a huge number and overtook me for the second spot in runner up points and thus is back alive and in the playoffs
Yep, just wow.Old Milwaukee gets enough on Monday to lock in the Bye without tiebreakers. Ravnz had the bye already. So they enjoy next week off.In the Freaks, two teams passed Perry in total points, which means Ollie faces the defending champ.Fiddles will take on Valence in the less surprising matchup.GL all.
So week 14:Fiddles vs ValenceRadballs vs Team unfreakinreal LegacyBYE--Old Mil & ravnzfanScotty, I swear---we shut this puppy down if it's a 4-peat!

:mellow: not so fast guys - unless I my quick look was mistaken or Twilight hadn't finalized or corrected or Jeff Reed pulls a rabbit out of someone's posterior it looks like in a low scoring week the feared TL put up a huge number and overtook me for the second spot in runner up points and thus is back alive and in the playoffs
So week 14:Fiddles vs ValenceRadballs vs Team unfreakinreal LegacyBYE--Old Mil & ravnzfanScotty, I swear---we shut this puppy down if it's a 4-peat!
Seriously?? I'm still not out of it??? WOWSERS! Go McCoy go! Go MJD go!

I'm looking to become the buffalo bills of this league. Hakeem Nicks needs to play this week or I'm probably going down in flames vs Fidds

I'm looking to become the buffalo bills of this league. Hakeem Nicks needs to play this week or I'm probably going down in flames vs Fidds
Pretty much yep.Got it posted tonight because of the playoff games Radballs 44.90 Team Legacy 4.00 Valence 9.20 Fiddles 55.25

Users who are viewing this thread