What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (3 Viewers)

Have they fixed the party system?
What's wrong with it?

PS: Just pre-ordered Halo.

I hope, at the very least, someone will run through co-op with me on Halo 1 and 2.

Not sure I give a #### about 3 and 4 but I'd love to play some Ascension on Halo 2
You should give a couple ####'s about 3, it's arguably better than 2. Although I prefer 2.

And FYI they are releasing all previous maps and have reimagined 6 maps for Halo 2, Ascension being one of them. Looks amazing. You can still play the original Ascension too.

$349 Kinect-less. $449 w/ Kinect. Starting next week.
May be enough to bite. When does new Halo drop?
November 11th
Nice. Should try to finish up a few 360 titles before that then. Always best to get in with launch for a big MP game.

i saw this deal was through the end of the year...

on one hand, i guess i can stop getting my hopes up for a black friday special

on the other, i don't have to wait until black friday until a deal
It may pay off to wait for a Black Friday deal. The $349 is Microsoft's pricing. So I imagine Target, Best Buy or others may throw in the ol' +$50 gift card with purchase.

Also don't sleep on the Assassins Creed bundle - you get both Assassins Creed Black Flag & Unity for that $349. I hate the ### Creed games but I know others love them.

It may pay off to wait for a Black Friday deal. The $349 is Microsoft's pricing. So I imagine Target, Best Buy or others may throw in the ol' +$50 gift card with purchase.
Think that's what I'll wait for.

What's wrong with it?

PS: Just pre-ordered Halo.

I hope, at the very least, someone will run through co-op with me on Halo 1 and 2.

Not sure I give a #### about 3 and 4 but I'd love to play some Ascension on Halo 2
I've read that it's far worse than the xbox 360 party system. Bad UI and cumbersome to navigate.
Ya, basically this is the case, but once I figured out some shortcuts (double-tapping the home button to quick-snap to a party/friends list) it hasn't been as bad.

Plus I'm pretty much used to it by now.

R Dizzle said:
Halo will have a 20gb patch on release day, unless you buy digital where you can download it earlier. That's what I did.
That rules this game out. That would take a couple days to download.

bshell27 said:
They've made some changes, it has some pluses and minuses against the 360 system.

Biggest con is probably that you can't quick invite someone with one button press from the friends list. On the 360 you could just press 'X' with a name highlighted to invite them. Now you have to click on their name, wait for the sub-menu to load, and choose "invite to party". Getting connected and being able to hear everyone is also more finnicky than it was on the 360, though I think this has more to do with the XB1's poor NAT handling than the party system itself.

Some advantages are nice though. Chat quality is 1000x better. I played the 360 with some friends for the first time in a while the other night and we wondered how we'd spent the last 5 years talking with that horrible sound quality compared to the XB1. Snapping the party while still being able to see the screen is nice, and the kinectless shortcuts they added to manage snapped apps have really made that a lot better once you get the hang of the button shortcuts. You can also multi-invite people if you're starting a huge party (from within the snap menu, choose "invite to party" and you can then check a bunch of select boxes to invite a bunch of people at once), though it's still less convenient than the 360's quick invite with the X button if your party size is 2-4 people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get into the Evolve Big Alpha? Looking to play with some FBGs if possible.
I did. Got the email last night but haven't checked into it yet.
Actually I'd be down to play some tonight if you're game.
What is this?
Evolve is a 4 vs 1 multiplayer game coming out early next year. 4 humans with guns and #### vs. 1 monster with different abilities. Rotate through who is the monster and who are the humans. Check out some gameplay, it looks cool.

They had registration for an "alpha" test this weekend.

I'd like to read your thoughts on Sunset Overdrive after you spend some time with it. On the fence.

Moe. said:
I'd like to read your thoughts on Sunset Overdrive after you spend some time with it. On the fence.
Just started it last night. I am about 1-2 hours in and I enjoy it.

The gameplay takes some getting used to, but I can see what they are going for and I think after a few more hours and a few more power-ups I will be up and running.

I jumped into the multiplayer mode a little early and only have the standard weapons and powers so was low on the leaderboards but it looked fun as well. It seems to be all co-op style so I was just contributing less than most rather than just getting killed left and right.

Will post an update after a few more passes.

If anyone else has it and wants to play please send me an invite - HurricaneDweeze

Dragon Age, Halo, and AC drop in the next 3 weeks. I'm so far behind in games that I'm just starting Ryse. Deciding which of these to wait on will be really tough.

Moe. said:
Just started it last night. I am about 1-2 hours in and I enjoy it.

The gameplay takes some getting used to, but I can see what they are going for and I think after a few more hours and a few more power-ups I will be up and running.

I jumped into the multiplayer mode a little early and only have the standard weapons and powers so was low on the leaderboards but it looked fun as well. It seems to be all co-op style so I was just contributing less than most rather than just getting killed left and right.

Will post an update after a few more passes.

If anyone else has it and wants to play please send me an invite - HurricaneDweeze
How does the co-op work? Sounds like it's not drop-in/drop-out into the main campaign. Can you just run around the open world picking up missions or do you have to matchmake for a particular mission?

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Anybody playing lords of the fallen? This is the only next gen game I'm interested in.
It's ####### hard. And the controls suck, and you can't customize them. Right shoulder button is regular attack Right trigger is heavy attack. Left shoulder button is block. Frustrating.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Anybody playing lords of the fallen? This is the only next gen game I'm interested in.
It's ####### hard. And the controls suck, and you can't customize them. Right shoulder button is regular attack Right trigger is heavy attack. Left shoulder button is block. Frustrating.
I just read our fellow FBG, JWB telling me it was easy.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
It's really the controller setup that's my issue. I just can't get used to using the shoulder buttons for attacking and blocking.

ETA For the record I never played Dark Souls.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I wouldn't say "easy". I would say it's not the overt death-fest that is Souls (although granted, like you said, it can be overstated, as once you "get it", any area in souls is easy. But I just got tired of turning a new corner, wait... what... dead.)

Controls are similar to Souls. No bow, though.

Anyone interested in my copy of Lords of the Fallen? It's really a cool game but I get way too frustrated playing, could be the controls or that it's too difficult for me, but I'm out. PM me if interested.

I just finished the Russell Wilson workout on Xbox Fitness. They've added a bunch of new workouts since I last logged in to the app a few months ago. It's such a great value-add for the device. Microsoft hasn't done nearly enough to promote it.

A couple questions:

How long is the Best Buy offer for $150 towards a trade-in? (Have a PS3 which is my Blu-Ray player only, great condition etc)

Does the chat headset from the 360, work with X1?

As a guy who "has to have" the better set-up, is a Kinetic version imperative? Just all the bells & whistles, etc? I can see myself enjoying the simple voice commands for cable, navigation alone.

TIA....Santa may be coming early in the Jabroni house. :ph34r: :towelwave:

A couple questions:

How long is the Best Buy offer for $150 towards a trade-in? (Have a PS3 which is my Blu-Ray player only, great condition etc)

As a guy who "has to have" the better set-up, is a Kinetic version imperative? Just all the bells & whistles, etc? I can see myself enjoying the simple voice commands for cable, navigation alone.

It's not imperative, but if you like bells and whistles you will get use out of it for sure. And I think as the system matures there will be more uses for it, more commands, etc.

A couple questions:

My audio headset from the 360 works for audio but no longer does chat, so I assume the xb1 has a different chat setup.

If you think you'd enjoy the voice commands and the extra $ isnt a big deal, absolutely get the kinect.

The XB1 will come with one of the "basic" chat headsets.

If you want to use your existing fancy headset from 360 then you'll have to buy a chat adapter for like $20 if you want to use it to chat.

Black Friday deals:

Walmart

Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle with $30 Walmart gift card: $329
Prefer Master Chief to a master assassin? The pure value of this deal isn’t quite as good as the Assassin’s Creed bundle, but it’s still well below Microsoft’s suggested retail price for the system, and that gift card can come in handy with other games or other items on your shopping list.
Target:

Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Unity Bundle with $50 Target gift card: $329
Microsoft already cut the price of the Xbox One by $50 this holiday, but Target’s knocking it down a little further and tossing in a gift card to boot. The Xbox One you’ll receive in this bundle doesn’t include Kinect, but in its place you get both Assassin’s Creed: Unity and last year’s Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. Add that gift card — which nearly covers the cost of a new game — and it’s an impressive, affordable starter kit for players.

If you sell the games, then the Unity bundle gets you a Xbox One for about $250 after taxes.

This thing is a POS. So sick of programs (Halo and Netflix) being frozen when I turn it back on because nothing actually shuts down when you leave it plugged in. Awful.

Users who are viewing this thread