What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (2 Viewers)

What are the optons for additional storage for this? Thumb drive, etc? Kinda went ape#### on games right away and I'm going to get a few more this weekend. This system is fantastic and I've had no issues in my first week of heavy use.

:excited:

What are the optons for additional storage for this? Thumb drive, etc? Kinda went ape#### on games right away and I'm going to get a few more this weekend. This system is fantastic and I've had no issues in my first week of heavy use.

I don't know about thumb drives, but you can hook up any USB 3.0 external drive to it and install/run all of your games from it. I'm in the same boat and have three games coming this Christmas which would put me over the internal 500GB. I ordered a WD My Book 3TB which should arrive tomorrow.

For the external HDDs, you can go with a 7200 RPM (more expensive) or a 5400 RPM. The 5400 will still run faster that the 5400 internal drive as USB 3 is faster than the (SATA?) internal drive.

I don't know about thumb drives, but you can hook up any USB 3.0 external drive to it and install/run all of your games from it. I'm in the same boat and have three games coming this Christmas which would put me over the internal 500GB. I ordered a WD My Book 3TB which should arrive tomorrow.For the external HDDs, you can go with a 7200 RPM (more expensive) or a 5400 RPM. The 5400 will still run faster that the 5400 internal drive as USB 3 is faster than the (SATA?) internal drive.
Good call on this, thank you. Saw 2 & 3TB at Best Buy for $80-110. Put this on my Xmas list.

I can now host minecraft hunger games matches. I have various maps and just need people to play with. Gt is We Goin Sizzler. It's great fun. Moobin? Uni?? This is your time to kill other fbgs and enjoy some great maps.

I'm still rockin the 360. Trying to wait for the next Gears before I buy.
They have some great deals probably for Christmas, I know they did for black friday.

Two nights ago we played through a toy story adventure game in mincraft someone made and it took 3-4 hours and was a complete blast. We still have a jungle adventure, hobbit part 1 & 2, harry potter, and other adventures to play not including the hunger games, which is basically minecraft theme deathmatch. Awesome stuff.

I can now host minecraft hunger games matches. I have various maps and just need people to play with. Gt is We Goin Sizzler. It's great fun. Moobin? Uni?? This is your time to kill other fbgs and enjoy some great maps.
In.

Was thinking about purchasing soon to play with my daughter.

In.

Was thinking about purchasing soon to play with my daughter.
Just to be clear, since there is room for misunderstanding. The xbox version of minecraft does not come with any of these and they have to be ..."acquired", which I have so I can host the games while keeping backups to replay. There is huge room for the console side of minecraft in these two areas. Hell, just pay the people who have designed these adventures and hunger games maps for fun and give them a solid paycheck and it would be a massive hit for everyone.

I started a FBGs and friends clan in destiney if anyone is interested. I sent invites to I believe everyone who has it on my friends list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also another really fun way of playing a game is playing the Taletell games in co-op. Essentially Dainty and I will decide quickly what options to choose in the Borderlands tale(already completed ch 1) and Game of Throne's (downloaded yet to play) stories as I play and she provides her opinion. It makes for lots of #####ing and fun arguing and really showing one's true colors because we have to make a singular decision. On the really big decisions I dashboard button it for a conversation. It's a good way to get a non gamer or a person that's not inon the adventure genre to have fun and enjoy games. I can see this working with the linking of the game of thrones for tv fans who are non gamers.

$20 and no, I think.

Still debating the Destiny bandwagon... always hate to be late to the party. No one plays CoD with me though.

How much is Minecraft for One? I own it for PC...no discount I assume?
$5 if you have played it on the 360 I believe. Otherwise $15...maybe, we have different price structures over here.

Cheap way of getting minecraft. Rent 360 version and keep save file. LINK

Also another really fun way of playing a game is playing the Taletell games in co-op. Essentially Dainty and I will decide quickly what options to choose in the Borderlands tale(already completed ch 1) and Game of Throne's (downloaded yet to play) stories as I play and she provides her opinion. It makes for lots of #####ing and fun arguing and really showing one's true colors because we have to make a singular decision. On the really big decisions I dashboard button it for a conversation. It's a good way to get a non gamer or a person that's not inon the adventure genre to have fun and enjoy games. I can see this working with the linking of the game of thrones for tv fans who are non gamers.
Looking forward to a review of the GoT game.

Some old guy/noob questions: Trying to get an xbox one set up prior to christmas - so it can be played right away.

Set up an xbox live account - first question is this will be used primarily by kids (8-10) - do they need their own microsoft accounts? Unlikely they will be doing much on-line stuff, but they will want to set up their own things on different games - so, do kids normally get their own accounts on these things?

Second, it has kinect, how do I need to set it up so it recognizes either kid to be able to turn on and play? Right now it looks like it si set up with my gamertag - but I want the kids to be able to play without me being around.

Some old guy/noob questions: Trying to get an xbox one set up prior to christmas - so it can be played right away.

Set up an xbox live account - first question is this will be used primarily by kids (8-10) - do they need their own microsoft accounts? Unlikely they will be doing much on-line stuff, but they will want to set up their own things on different games - so, do kids normally get their own accounts on these things?

Second, it has kinect, how do I need to set it up so it recognizes either kid to be able to turn on and play? Right now it looks like it si set up with my gamertag - but I want the kids to be able to play without me being around.
Once you have your Xbox Live Gold account, you can add up to 3 or 4 additional gamertags in addition to your own. On the home screen, you can add the new gamertags. Since you have a Kinect, it's nice because your kids can set it up to recognize them when they are in the room, and it'll automatically log them in by seeing their face.

Here is a decent guide: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/xbox-one-howto-profile,news-17891.html

Real quick: one of my relatives works for Microsoft and can get games dirt cheep. Looking for Xmas presents for me and my 14 year old. I have the new "overdrive " ordered. I'll probably get advanced warfare. Other suggestions for xbox1? Need to send him a list soon.

Real quick: one of my relatives works for Microsoft and can get games dirt cheep. Looking for Xmas presents for me and my 14 year old. I have the new "overdrive " ordered. I'll probably get advanced warfare. Other suggestions for xbox1? Need to send him a list soon.
haloforza horison 2

Once you have your Xbox Live Gold account, you can add up to 3 or 4 additional gamertags in addition to your own. On the home screen, you can add the new gamertags. Since you have a Kinect, it's nice because your kids can set it up to recognize them when they are in the room, and it'll automatically log them in by seeing their face.

Here is a decent guide: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/xbox-one-howto-profile,news-17891.html
Do you need an Xbox Live account? Not to trash Sinn Fein's approach, just wondering - I did not plan to get one for my 10 year old for a year or more. He'll play Lego games, FIFA, etc., with me, his buddies and by himself. Is there any reason to have one other than playing games online with and against remote friends and strangers? We don't have the kinect version.

Do you need an Xbox Live account? Not to trash Sinn Fein's approach, just wondering - I did not plan to get one for my 10 year old for a year or more. He'll play Lego games, FIFA, etc., with me, his buddies and by himself. Is there any reason to have one other than playing games online with and against remote friends and strangers? We don't have the kinect version.
Good question - I don't know - I set up the kinect sports rivals, and it looked like you needed a gamertag to be able to set up your own personal avatar - and I know that will be a big hit for our kids.

Don't get it. it's a money pit. Video game crack. I love/hate this game. Will be grinding the Iron Banner tonite.
LOLI doubt I get to play tonight, but next time I play I will be lvl 31! Crota here I come.
Do you like it?Is it essentially COD?
No no no.

The PvP is similar to COD/Halo.

The PvE is more like Diablo or Borderlands.

I love it personally.

Probably too much if you ask my girlfriend.

Don't get it. it's a money pit. Video game crack. I love/hate this game. Will be grinding the Iron Banner tonite.
LOLI doubt I get to play tonight, but next time I play I will be lvl 31! Crota here I come.
No no no.The PvP is similar to COD/Halo.

I love it personally.

She's exhausted ATM, I'll ask her when she wakes up. ;)

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Harry Manback said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Harry Manback said:
hxperson said:
No no no.The PvP is similar to COD/Halo.

I love it personally.

She's exhausted ATM, I'll ask her when she wakes up. ;)
:lmao:

Well the wife got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I have the console but don't know what games she got me yet. Who is playing what on XBone? I'm thinking of picking up BF4 as its probably cheap right now. Will my premium from 360 carry over?

Well the wife got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I have the console but don't know what games she got me yet. Who is playing what on XBone? I'm thinking of picking up BF4 as its probably cheap right now. Will my premium from 360 carry over?
If it doesn't the EA Access subscription is $5 a month or $30 for the year. Battlefield is in the playable vault they have.

I would say destiny is the go to fbg at present. Titanfall(for shooters), Diablo III(single or coop), Dead Rising(coop), Gta5(just awesome), rayman(single or coop), and Sunset are all pretty solid games that I have spending time in. Battlegield had a terrible launch and didn't recover from a fbg perspective I believe(I was on 360 at that time), and cod aw is a solid title but people seem to be moving on from cod. Halo is the wildcard, it was broken and unplayable in online for the first 3-4 weeks. So now I hear it is better but who knows, which is the reason destiny has had a huge surge imo.

Also there a bunch of smaller non AAA games that are reay but not everyone goes for that I could talk about - evil within(just got for Christmas), taletell everything, child of light etc.

:thumbup:

Welcome to the Xbone Spanky! Madshot covered everything pretty well in terms of what games are getting burn. Destiny is probably the most played game amongst the FBG'ers you know....Ender and I play that game exclusively at the moment and a handful of others play often as well. It is a bit like heroin tho so beware of that.

Also, Merry Xmas to all my fellow FBG gamers!

Can two play FIFA 15? We got a second controller, but can't figure out how to activate the second controller so my son and I can play at the same time as we used to do with the wii.

So far, I'm pretty frustrated with all the set up for the Xbox one. I had to create new accounts for my son and I, enter credit card, address and other personal info, even though we have no need or interest (yet) in buying anything or playing online. It seems I've had to sign in about a dozen times in the last couple hours.

Thank you dickmitten hackers for making my son's console unusable today. We got him the Assassin's Creed bundled console and Destiny. Unfortunately, we were just now able to connect to redeem the codes for AC, and Destiny just sits there and spins.

Thank you dickmitten hackers for making my son's console unusable today. We got him the Assassin's Creed bundled console and Destiny. Unfortunately, we were just now able to connect to redeem the codes for AC, and Destiny just sits there and spins.
Yeah killed our ability to do much of anything until 7pm CST.

Can two play FIFA 15? We got a second controller, but can't figure out how to activate the second controller so my son and I can play at the same time as we used to do with the wii.

So far, I'm pretty frustrated with all the set up for the Xbox one. I had to create new accounts for my son and I, enter credit card, address and other personal info, even though we have no need or interest (yet) in buying anything or playing online. It seems I've had to sign in about a dozen times in the last couple hours.
This coincided with my questions earlier - I did find I was able to create separate guest accounts for both of my kids - which seemed to let them do everything they wanted in the games (Minecraft, Infinity, Kinect rival sports). SO I did not need to go back and create new microsoft accounts for them.

It looks like I lucked out - I downloaded everything, including updates, last week, so did not have to deal with the download issues today.

I still can't get online. Xbox.com says Live is "up and running" but no luck here. Fortunately I downloaded both AC games and the updates for Sunset Overdrive and Mordor this weekend, but the copy of Titanfall I got today is just looking sad and lonely in its box.

I still can't get online. Xbox.com says Live is "up and running" but no luck here. Fortunately I downloaded both AC games and the updates for Sunset Overdrive and Mordor this weekend, but the copy of Titanfall I got today is just looking sad and lonely in its box.
I was online for a few hours finally able to play Destiny but now I can't get on again. I'm giving up for the night.

Wife got me one for Christmas so I better mark this so I can keep up. Mainly play the sports games, but am looking forward to other things the xbox1 can do.

Thanks guys. My wife did get BF4 for me. She preorded BF Hardline also. So far I have BF4, Titanfall, CoD AW and Madden 15. I'll have to pick up Destiny and possibly Halo. Have to really get used to the interface and we couldn't get the headset that came with the Xbox to work. But finally did. Now I have to get the headset adapter so I can use my turtle beach headset.

One question. I had my cable box running through the Xbox One. But the sound was so muted that I decided to reconnect it directly to the TV. Anyone experience that?

I must've played 6 hours of Titanfall yesterday. Last Titan Standing takes me back to the Mech Assault days on the original Xbox.

GT: imagonnagityou

Spanky267 said:
Thanks guys. My wife did get BF4 for me. She preorded BF Hardline also. So far I have BF4, Titanfall, CoD AW and Madden 15. I'll have to pick up Destiny and possibly Halo. Have to really get used to the interface and we couldn't get the headset that came with the Xbox to work. But finally did. Now I have to get the headset adapter so I can use my turtle beach headset.

One question. I had my cable box running through the Xbox One. But the sound was so muted that I decided to reconnect it directly to the TV. Anyone experience that?
I don't have cable, but I've heard you need to make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the xbox, to your TV. Not sure if that will help though.

I don't have cable, but I've heard you need to make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the xbox, to your TV. Not sure if that will help though.
So I need to use the bundled HDMI cable to run from my cable box to the Xbox One and then the HDMI cables I already have to go from the Xbox One to my TV?

If it doesn't the EA Access subscription is $5 a month or $30 for the year. Battlefield is in the playable vault they have.
Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to move my stats, unlocks and BF premium from my 360 to the One. Very nice. So now its like picking up where I left off on the 360. Havent played Titanfall or Advanced Warfare yet. But I'll get around to them in the next few days.

Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to move my stats, unlocks and BF premium from my 360 to the One. Very nice. So now its like picking up where I left off on the 360. Havent played Titanfall or Advanced Warfare yet. But I'll get around to them in the next few days.
Titanfall is fantastic and I have been considering entering into the battlefield world once again. Is the dlc(if you have them) worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread