What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (4 Viewers)

3 questions:

1) Best place to score a deal on a xbox one.

2) Should I buy the 1TB or 500GB?

3) How much is x box live
1) not sure at the moment.

2) I'd go with 500gb and save the $$$. When you start running low on space, buy a 3tb USB drive on Amazon.

3) Check slickdeals, I saw a year for $39.99 yesterday.

Well the wife got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I have the console but don't know what games she got me yet. Who is playing what on XBone? I'm thinking of picking up BF4 as its probably cheap right now. Will my premium from 360 carry over?
If it doesn't the EA Access subscription is $5 a month or $30 for the year. Battlefield is in the playable vault they have.
Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to move my stats, unlocks and BF premium from my 360 to the One. Very nice. So now its like picking up where I left off on the 360. Havent played Titanfall or Advanced Warfare yet. But I'll get around to them in the next few days.
Titanfall is fantastic and I have been considering entering into the battlefield world once again. Is the dlc(if you have them) worth it?
The DLC is just maps. Honestly the gameplay is varied enough in that game that I never got bored of the original maps. I already had the season pass so I got it all, but all the new cool stuff (game modes, etc) is free.

First real issue with our One, the headset mic no longer works and is out of warranty so I have to spend some cash to get a new one.

Well the wife got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I have the console but don't know what games she got me yet. Who is playing what on XBone? I'm thinking of picking up BF4 as its probably cheap right now. Will my premium from 360 carry over?
If it doesn't the EA Access subscription is $5 a month or $30 for the year. Battlefield is in the playable vault they have.
Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to move my stats, unlocks and BF premium from my 360 to the One. Very nice. So now its like picking up where I left off on the 360. Havent played Titanfall or Advanced Warfare yet. But I'll get around to them in the next few days.
Titanfall is fantastic and I have been considering entering into the battlefield world once again. Is the dlc(if you have them) worth it?
Madshot my apologies I didnt see your reply until today. I actually prefer Battlefied on the XBone vs the 360. The DLC is nice and since I had premium on 360 all the DLC etc, transferred to my XBone. It is mostly maps but there are new weapons you can unlock. The new game modes can be played on most maps. But some are specific to some of the DLCs. Like a couple of game modes that are restricted to the Naval Strike DLC. I've migrated to Destiny for now. But I will be jumping back on BF4 and then to Hardline when it comes out. I have COD:AW but havent played it. If it tells you anything about COD, my kids arent playing it either. I also picked up Halo: MCC so I'll check out what I missed in that series. I've only played Halo 4, briefly.

First real issue with our One, the headset mic no longer works and is out of warranty so I have to spend some cash to get a new one.
The xbox one headset adapter made it some both my girlfriends and my headset work again on the one. It cost $20 I think.

3 questions:

3) Never pay retail for xbox live, you can usually get a deal on it for 20-40% off.

The xbox one headset adapter made it some both my girlfriends and my headset work again on the one. It cost $20 I think.

3 questions:

3) Never pay retail for xbox live, you can usually get a deal on it for 20-40% off.
I am using the included headset with the one. It's hardwired into the adapter.

Dumb / HONDA (probably) question -

When I pop a disc in, it seems like the Xbox installs the entire game - taking up a lot of HD space. I've got two games on there (one downloaded, one disc) and 30% of my space is gone.

Is there no option to just install minimal files and play from the disc? HD space could be a problem for me based on the way I play games, put them down for a long time, play newer games, go back to the old games later, etc.

When I pop a disc in, it seems like the Xbox installs the entire game - taking up a lot of HD space. I've got two games on there (one downloaded, one disc) and 30% of my space is gone.

Is there no option to just install minimal files and play from the disc? HD space could be a problem for me based on the way I play games, put them down for a long time, play newer games, go back to the old games later, etc.
No all games must be installed

You can use the USB ports on the Xbox One to install an external Hard Drive. Just make sure its a USB 3.0 drive and over 256GB. There are some deals out there on 2 & 3TB drives.

You can use the USB ports on the Xbox One to install an external Hard Drive. Just make sure its a USB 3.0 drive and over 256GB. There are some deals out there on 2 & 3TB drives.
just picked up a 2TB on amazon for less than $80

If you uninstall a game can you save your game progress so if you reinstall it starts you at the same spot?

If you uninstall a game can you save your game progress so if you reinstall it starts you at the same spot?
I think it gives you the option to keep your save files when you delete but don't quote me on that.

Okay so which headsets is everyone using. Did you just keep the headset you used on the 360? Or did you pony up for one of the newer Turtle Beach headsets. I'm using my old X12s and a Turtle Beach DSS. The sound is decent but there are wires everywhere.

Any recommendations.

Okay so which headsets is everyone using. Did you just keep the headset you used on the 360? Or did you pony up for one of the newer Turtle Beach headsets. I'm using my old X12s and a Turtle Beach DSS. The sound is decent but there are wires everywhere.

Any recommendations.
I'm running the TB XP400s

Any recommendations.
Those were originally designed for the 360, correct?
yes, but there is an adapter that allows it to work with the one

Last edited by a moderator:

Any recommendations.
Those were originally designed for the 360, correct?
yes, but there is an adapter that allows it to work with the one
I have the Xbox One stereo headset adapter that plugs into the controller. I use it with the TB X12s I have now. I decided to buy the TB Stealth 500X headset. This one is completely wireless so we shall see how the work. I'll probably hook them up over the weekend when I have more time.

Any tips I need to know about concerning an external hard drive? Going to get a 3TB 3.0 USB etc for this. Does the system read it automatically and do the games on the external show up in your "Games & Apps" panel?

TIA

Looks like a Gears 1 re-master is all but confirmed for the XB1, there are even some leaked screenshots floating around. My guess is that they'll announce the same thing at E3 that they did for Halo last year. Remaster this holiday season followed by an all new Gears game for holiday 2016.

Is it bad that I'm probably more excited for the re-master than the new game? Gears 1 with fixed netcode has been my dream for a long time now. Hard to believe that game came out almost 10 years ago.

chet said:
Any deals on XB1? Thinking of getting one.
I think today is the final day of a special at GameStop: Trade in your 360 (250GB) or PS3 (120+GB) and receive $125 off towards the purchase of an Xbox one. And this can include the kineckt-less version, and these are now bundled with a game like Halo or Assassin's creed. So with a trade in, you can get an xb1 for $225, tax not included.

chet said:
Any deals on XB1? Thinking of getting one.
I think today is the final day of a special at GameStop: Trade in your 360 (250GB) or PS3 (120+GB) and receive $125 off towards the purchase of an Xbox one. And this can include the kineckt-less version, and these are now bundled with a game like Halo or Assassin's creed. So with a trade in, you can get an xb1 for $225, tax not included.
Yep, and Best Buy is doing similar starting today. If you do go Xbox One, buy EA Access through the app store. $30 for one year gets you 10+ games including Battlefield 4, NHL 15, NBA 15, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, UFC, bunch of others.

got my 11yr old son Xbox One and some games (Halo, Forza, Minecraft, NHL16). He thinks he needs/wants Kinnect. Are there games that are better with Kinnect? It looks like the games that work with Kinnect are the dance games and the basic sports games, but not many others. What is the verdict on Kinnect? Thanks.

got my 11yr old son Xbox One and some games (Halo, Forza, Minecraft, NHL16). He thinks he needs/wants Kinnect. Are there games that are better with Kinnect? It looks like the games that work with Kinnect are the dance games and the basic sports games, but not many others. What is the verdict on Kinnect? Thanks.
Great for voice control on movies etc. Not necessary for games. We have one game that requires the Kinect.

I use it strictly for movies, pausing stuff, what have you.

Slight hijack. I have a 360 and have been trying for 3 hours to get an update for to let me kid play the Back to the Future game in his Lego Dimensions game. When i get to the main start page, it's telling me I need to download the latest update to access additional content (which happens to mean play the new game at all). I've been through every onine resource I can think of to figure out how to do this, but I'm lost and beyond frustrated :wall: .Can someone explain to me how to get into the Xbox live store (i have an account) and access this mythical updated content?

Slight hijack. I have a 360 and have been trying for 3 hours to get an update for to let me kid play the Back to the Future game in his Lego Dimensions game. When i get to the main start page, it's telling me I need to download the latest update to access additional content (which happens to mean play the new game at all). I've been through every onine resource I can think of to figure out how to do this, but I'm lost and beyond frustrated :wall: .Can someone explain to me how to get into the Xbox live store (i have an account) and access this mythical updated content?
Call or talk to the Xbox helpline. Be prepared to get pissed off. Good luck, man. Seriously.

I haven't fired up my 360 in a while but you should be able to scroll to the store section of the Xbox dashboard using the bumpers(RB I think). Then choose search and type in Lego dementions and see if a update is a available within the game. I am having a hard time understanding you though...usually a game prompts to update automatically when you start it up. Is your console connected to the Internet when you are launching the game?

So Dragon Age GotY(all dlc) is $24. Worth it? I enjoy good stories in my RPGs. Open world has its place and good combat does to, but story is my focus.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Dragon Age GotY(all dlc) is $24. Worth it? I enjoy good stories in my RPGs. Open world has its place and good combat does to, but story is my focus.

?
Considering the three story DLCs are $15 a piece seems like a good deal. I have 1 of the 3 but I guess it makes more sense to buy this than the last 2 DLCs individually.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl in the AM. FWIW, I am getting a prompt when I get to the game's main menu to update, but there's no link or selection for it in the UI and I did go into the store and type in "Lego Dimensions" but got zero results, Same for "Dimensions". Lego brought up a bunch of choices but nothing for BTTF or LD.

Taking forever to install Forza 5.

Looking forward to playing this. My daughter won a 360 so we traded it in and upgraded to a Xbox one.

Haven't owned a game console since I gave 360 away to big brothers big sisters 2 years ago.

Have had the One for a while, but never did much with the gaming... trying to get back into it a bit. Should I assume that "Deluxe Edition" means "Take your money for little or no reason"?

Have had the One for a while, but never did much with the gaming... trying to get back into it a bit. Should I assume that "Deluxe Edition" means "Take your money for little or no reason"?
Deluxe edition of what?
Just in general. Are some of them actually worth it?

For now, looking at:

Star Wars Battlefront (I havent done missions or first person shooters since wolfenstein. Like, 1993 Wolfenstein.)

Madden NFL 16

NBA 2k regular or Jordan edition

What about these as they are older and discounted:

Batman Arkham Knight

Battlefield - Is the bundle worth 37 bucks? (premium is 63)

Titanfall delux bundle is only 7 bucks. Is that a no brainer?

madshot31 said:

?
Game is fun story is good not great IMO. Totally worth 24 bucks though, think I put over 100 hours into it.

Users who are viewing this thread