What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife uses sex as a weapon (1 Viewer)

It could also be one of the following:1. You're small.2. You're not giving it to her right.3. Combo of the above.Think about. If you really give it to her good, she's going to fiend for it all the time. Has she had any o's with you before? Just my 2 cents.
What women would marry a man that cant give her an O, unless he is filthy rich???

We've discussed it before, even recently, and she claims that she has just lost interest in sex. From the research that I've done, it's not uncommon for women to experience this at all. It's wearing on me to no end though. I don't think a healthy marriage can survive without sex.
you have options dude. there's 3.5 billion women on the planet. i'm sure one of them wants to have sex with you.

Serious answer. Lose some weight, upgrade your wardrobe, wear a little cologne when you can and pay better attn to your hygiene. Start looking like you did when you were dating. Women are very territorial and she'll worry that someone else will start taking care of her man if they arent already. Oh and stop initiating sex. Act like it's the furthest thing from your mind. This will convince her that you are getting side action and is a major motivator.

I did this 18 months ago and it was worth all the effort.
Good advice, but good lord is this what it takes? :kicksrock:
I agree 100% with the first part, but has the bolded worked for anyone.
Idk about the her thinking you have side action part but making the girl come to you has always been very successful for me with my lady

I don't think a healthy marriage can survive without sex.
It's not a healthy marriage to begin with without sex. While it would be far more entertaining for you to take suggestions here and report back over the next few years, you probably need counseling on this. If she doesn't see a need for marital counseling then you should go yourself to work through it. It will signal to your wife how important this issue is to you, and root causes may be flushed out more quickly. Highly doubtful any therapist would foster your wife's attitude that this is something you should grin and bear. It could have a bad ending, but personally I'd want to know asafp if this is repairable... particularly being in your 30's. Also if it is the meds she might take medical suggestions, and other non-medical suggestions, better from a doctor than from you. Open discussions are an important part of marriage, but you taking on "how to fix her" could lead to a lot of harmful resentment if she really perceives this as no big deal.

We've discussed it before, even recently, and she claims that she has just lost interest in sex. From the research that I've done, it's not uncommon for women to experience this at all. It's wearing on me to no end though. I don't think a healthy marriage can survive without sex.
For this lady to be pulling this junk in her 30's good luck with her down the road, she sounds like a barrel of laughs...All this garbage about what YOU need to do as far as chores is a bunch of garbage. You need to take out the trash, do all the housework AND work full time to pay most of the bills and maybe if you're a good boy you will get a treat later. Whatever!! Id drop this lady so fast she would get whiplash. Thats how i roll, i dont play... :mellow:

For this lady to be pulling this junk in her 30's good luck with her down the road, she sounds like a barrel of laughs...All this garbage about what YOU need to do as far as chores is a bunch of garbage. You need to take out the trash, do all the housework AND work full time to pay most of the bills and maybe if you're a good boy you will get a treat later. Whatever!! Id drop this lady so fast she would get whiplash. Thats how i roll, i dont play... :mellow:
:goodposting: This redneck knows things.

Yes, he knows how to equate money with sex. Bravo.

I am fairly sure that most men who get married know there's a huge chance that the sex will significantly decline down the road.
i've yet to meet a guy who told me the sex went up after marriage :shrug:
I've heard about that guy.
:bye: Not only quantity but more importantly quality. It's not rare.
I am impressed by the fact that you saved yourself for marriage. That must have taken a lot of willpower.

I am fairly sure that most men who get married know there's a huge chance that the sex will significantly decline down the road.
'[icon] said:
I'm surprised Pick hasn't come in here and yet again informed everyone that his wife follows him around like a dog in heat and has knee pads surgically attached to her knees
*ding*aren't you not supposed to have sex before marriage? auto-disqualifier from this scenario, imo.

I just dont allow woman to dictate how many tricks i have to do in a day to get a treat...

I just dont allow woman to dictate how many tricks i have to do in a day to get a treat...
You don't allow them?

You don't allow them?
Did i stutter?

'[icon] said:
I'm surprised Pick hasn't come in here and yet again informed everyone that his wife follows him around like a dog in heat and has knee pads surgically attached to her knees
*ding*aren't you not supposed to have sex before marriage? auto-disqualifier from this scenario, imo.
LOL! That guy creeps me out with his attention.

You don't allow them?
Did i stutter?
No but I hope your point was that you end up home alone masturbating after most of your dates.

My wife does the same thing. It sucks. We have a 2 year old so I give her some slack but I'm tired of it. So my new strategy is subtly flirting with other women right in front of her just to give her a reminder that if she goes too long there are other willing candidates. It hasn't increased the frequency any but I have to find satisfaction where I can get it.
This does work.

You don't allow them?
Did i stutter?
No but I hope your point was that you end up home alone masturbating after most of your dates.
I have ladies from all parts of the country calling me up to fly out to see them. Sending me nudie pics, They want a piece of the Boom... :mellow:

I think you are missing the point. I believe the point is... what does sex have to do with chores?
It's not about chores it's about feeling appreciated and not feeling like an afterthought until he gets horny.
:goodposting:
do we have a new female member?
New?
I don't think he was talking about you.
Well then I feel really bad for you because there is nothing as humiliating as being called a girl.

I think you are missing the point. I believe the point is... what does sex have to do with chores?
It's not about chores it's about feeling appreciated and not feeling like an afterthought until he gets horny.
:goodposting:
do we have a new female member?
New?
I don't think he was talking about you.
Well then I feel really bad for you because there is nothing as humiliating as being called a girl.
:shrug:I've been called worse, by better.

I'm not married, and I'm not in my 30s. But from everything I've heard, women get more of an appetite in their 30s and 40s, while men decline a little in theirs. I do think that for women, who are already in a committed relationship, a lot of being in the mood has to do with the emotionl domain. If she feels emotionally connected to you, she'll be more there.

Just my two cents.

I'm not married, and I'm not in my 30s. But from everything I've heard, women get more of an appetite in their 30s and 40s, while men decline a little in theirs. I do think that for women, who are already in a committed relationship, a lot of being in the mood has to do with the emotionl domain. If she feels emotionally connected to you, she'll be more there.Just my two cents.
You know you want some of the Boom.... :mellow:

I'm not married, and I'm not in my 30s. But from everything I've heard, women get more of an appetite in their 30s and 40s, while men decline a little in theirs. I do think that for women, who are already in a committed relationship, a lot of being in the mood has to do with the emotionl domain. If she feels emotionally connected to you, she'll be more there.Just my two cents.
You know you want some of the Boom.... :mellow:
boom chacka lacka

Early in our marriage, my wife was on an anti-depressant. It definitely killed her sex drive. She went from multiple orgasms every time to not even being able to have one sometimes. Once she got off, the party train was back on board.
Let's talk about this. :)

My brother is married and has 3 kids, he always says he's batting 3 for 4. And he's been telling me for 15 years not to get married. As have most of my divorced buddies. God forbid is it really THAT bad??? Marriage sounds godawful, gllll to ya man.
That depends on whether or not your are a man or a selfish little boy.Men love women the right way and care about their wife children more than themselves. Little boys whine about their me time playing video games, poker night with the boys and softball. If you aren't ready to grow up, then don't get married.Being married is for adults.
Yes, joyless, bitter adults...

Refuses sex all the time. It has become a major issue in our marriage. Our sex life is in the gutter. We've been married 16 years, and we have sex less than 10 times a year. What are my options here? I don't want a divorce.
do not give it to her when she wants it.

It could also be one of the following:

1. You're small.

2. You're not giving it to her right.

3. Combo of the above.

Think about. If you really give it to her good, she's going to fiend for it all the time. Has she had any o's with you before?

Just my 2 cents.
:rolleyes: Someone who "obviously" gets women and how they tick...lol. Especially someone who would take the act of sexual intercourse and reduce it down to "giving it to her."Men focus on the main course (inserting Object A into warm, wet area B). Women, at least in my experience, are all about the "appetizer," the dinner conversation, and the dessert. Men want steak. Women want to be wooed, want to laugh and enjoy some great conversation, want that delicious side dish/appetizer, and that rich chocolate at the end. I can get my wife to climax without ever having "Object A" go anywhere near "warm, wet area B." In fact, I think that is often-times a lot easier getting to that point! For me? Nothing beats "steak." But it's not all about me.

My problem after 13 years of marriage is similar to the OP though. It's rarely if ever about "me" anymore. She expects the sun, moon and stars from me, then "returns the favor" about 5-10% of the time. She's very selfish that way...only if I call her on it?! Then the Jedi mind-tricks begin related to me being selfish for focusing on my own needs rather than hers. ;) I think sex and marriage is like a 12-step program. You deny that your sex life has forever changed (especially after having kids)...sometimes for years/decades. Then you finally accept your fate. Then you get angry. Then you finally focus on figuring out how to try and make "lemonade" out of the lemons you feel life has dealt you. A lot of guys never get past denial or anger in that whole process. Anger also including the "I'll show her!" and/or running around chasing skirts on the side/D-L.

The thing I don't like, however, is how marriage is suppose to equal fidelity...but how many women seem to equate that to chastity. If men want to have sex, and their wife doesn't want to and/or uses it as power/leverage in their relationship, then men are toast. Don't do anything about it? They're angry/unfulfilled most of the time. Try to do something about it and their wife isn't receptive and/or realizes the good thing she has going? See: Don't do anything about it. Cheat on your wife?! You lose WAAAAAY more than half your stuff, your kids, and get to live in some flea-bag motel while your wife and attorneys bleed you dry. All because of sex. Seriously...how many marriages out there end in which a couple's sex life has been happy/healthy? Probably not too many. My guess is that sex is what breaks up a VAST amount of marriages. :shrug:

Can you blame her? After 16 years I can't imagine wanting to have sex with the same person over and over either. I can't last but 3 or 4 years without getting bored. I don't know how you married folks do it.

Can you blame her? After 16 years I can't imagine wanting to have sex with the same person over and over either. I can't last but 3 or 4 years without getting bored. I don't know how you married folks do it.
20ish years of practice/training and everything is dialed in perfect. Talk about a nice setup. Would hate to break someone in constantly. I don't know how you single guys do it.

It could also be one of the following:

1. You're small.

2. You're not giving it to her right.

3. Combo of the above.

Think about. If you really give it to her good, she's going to fiend for it all the time. Has she had any o's with you before?

Just my 2 cents.
:rolleyes: Someone who "obviously" gets women and how they tick...lol. Especially someone who would take the act of sexual intercourse and reduce it down to "giving it to her."Men focus on the main course (inserting Object A into warm, wet area B). Women, at least in my experience, are all about the "appetizer," the dinner conversation, and the dessert. Men want steak. Women want to be wooed, want to laugh and enjoy some great conversation, want that delicious side dish/appetizer, and that rich chocolate at the end. I can get my wife to climax without ever having "Object A" go anywhere near "warm, wet area B." In fact, I think that is often-times a lot easier getting to that point! For me? Nothing beats "steak." But it's not all about me.

My problem after 13 years of marriage is similar to the OP though. It's rarely if ever about "me" anymore. She expects the sun, moon and stars from me, then "returns the favor" about 5-10% of the time. She's very selfish that way...only if I call her on it?! Then the Jedi mind-tricks begin related to me being selfish for focusing on my own needs rather than hers. ;) I think sex and marriage is like a 12-step program. You deny that your sex life has forever changed (especially after having kids)...sometimes for years/decades. Then you finally accept your fate. Then you get angry. Then you finally focus on figuring out how to try and make "lemonade" out of the lemons you feel life has dealt you. A lot of guys never get past denial or anger in that whole process. Anger also including the "I'll show her!" and/or running around chasing skirts on the side/D-L.

The thing I don't like, however, is how marriage is suppose to equal fidelity...but how many women seem to equate that to chastity. If men want to have sex, and their wife doesn't want to and/or uses it as power/leverage in their relationship, then men are toast. Don't do anything about it? They're angry/unfulfilled most of the time. Try to do something about it and their wife isn't receptive and/or realizes the good thing she has going? See: Don't do anything about it. Cheat on your wife?! You lose WAAAAAY more than half your stuff, your kids, and get to live in some flea-bag motel while your wife and attorneys bleed you dry. All because of sex. Seriously...how many marriages out there end in which a couple's sex life has been happy/healthy? Probably not too many. My guess is that sex is what breaks up a VAST amount of marriages. :shrug:
I'm thinking about picking up dentist's torch...

Users who are viewing this thread