What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Teams & Discourse (4 Viewers)

I will send another email from RTS but as I set it up, Top 3 H2H and then remaining high score

It IS a H2H league and most points will likely be amongst top H2H record so one spot is there for someone who just had bad matchup luck.

We are a 13 team league NOT 14 like last year when Scott had it set for divisions and this year everyone plays every other team once and league average in the 13 week regular season. BUT I don't think we need six teams from the thirteen that is almost half the league qualifying PLUS it means you have only a one week LCG. As a winner take all league it seems a lot more equitable for the final two teams to play a two week match in weeks 15 & 16.

Perry

That's cool and thanks for clarifying. I do wish we had cleared that up prior to the draft because it would have impacted our strategy.

thanks as well.....

dropping two playoff teams is a pretty huge change and I would have maybe like to have seen some discussion around that.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Hook said:
F it - next year one of you guys run it
dang Hook....not sure it really needed to go there...we're all pretty cool in here to each other and should be able to put on our big boy pants and have some discussions about things/changes without taking offense.....it's not that we are not thankful for you stepping up and assuming a leadership role...for me it's just that something like changing the playoff format and eliminating a third of the playoff teams might be something to discuss and decide/vote on as a group....I know I previously asked for clarification and if these things were "set in stone"...because it seemed like you posted what you thought made sense and then it just became fact....we didn't really discuss it at all and there wasn't a "what do you guys think about this" type of discussion....

I appreciate you stepping up....offending you was not my intent...please accept my apologies...

Captain Hook said:
F it - next year one of you guys run it
dang Hook....not sure it really needed to go there...we're all pretty cool in here to each other and should be able to put on our big boy pants and have some discussions about things/changes without taking offense.....it's not that we are not thankful for you stepping up and assuming a leadership role...for me it's just that something like changing the playoff format and eliminating a third of the playoff teams might be something to discuss and decide/vote on as a group....I know I previously asked for clarification and if these things were "set in stone"...because it seemed like you posted what you thought made sense and then it just became fact....we didn't really discuss it at all and there wasn't a "what do you guys think about this" type of discussion....

I appreciate you stepping up....offending you was not my intent...please accept my apologies...
Ditto this. I thought your post back in August was a thinking out loud post.

I'm cool with whatever, just wanted it set in stone before it became an issue down the road.

did we ever settle this......how many teams are making the playoffs....4 or 6..?

it is my understanding it has always been 6....somebody please correct me if I am wrong....my vote is to leave it the same....with "league average" essentially being our 14th team, I see no reason to drop two playoff teams....the settings can be changed back if they were altered...

should we create a poll and vote...?

would like to hear a few other opinions from other leaguemates as obviously just asking for clarification makes you look like the bad guy....

thanks

I will send another email from RTS but as I set it up, Top 3 H2H and then remaining high score

It IS a H2H league and most points will likely be amongst top H2H record so one spot is there for someone who just had bad matchup luck.

We are a 13 team league NOT 14 like last year when Scott had it set for divisions and this year everyone plays every other team once and league average in the 13 week regular season. BUT I don't think we need six teams from the thirteen that is almost half the league qualifying PLUS it means you have only a one week LCG. As a winner take all league it seems a lot more equitable for the final two teams to play a two week match in weeks 15 & 16.

Perry
This is my preference. Four teams, 3 on record (although not posted, I assume the tiebreaker is h2H, then points fielded) last team on points regardless of record and H2H.

got a preference on 4 or 6 playoff teams?
Every 12 team league I am in is 6. We paid $25 or whatever, it's not a big money grab league, mostly a bunch of guys who respect each other, I would say it's better to take 6, then trim it to 4 or discuss it in the off season. I can't say I knew it was only 4 out of 13, I assumed 6 were going.

But I'll go along with the majority and we'll fix it in the off season. Fun league, love the style/rules.

Really you guys want to vote in Week 11 for something that was set up in September?

How about qualifying 12 for the playoffs and sending the odd guy a participation medal?

IF we were to qualify six then you have to set up a standard for which two teams get byes in Week 14

Then you have semis in Week 15 and LCG in Week 16, just a one week game

Remember the rationale for qualifying four of thirteen was we don't have divisions and then we have a two week finals for the Championship in Weeks 15 and 16 which seem much better since this IS a winner take all format.

Really you guys want to vote in Week 11 for something that was set up in September?

How about qualifying 12 for the playoffs and sending the odd guy a participation medal?

IF we were to qualify six then you have to set up a standard for which two teams get byes in Week 14

Then you have semis in Week 15 and LCG in Week 16, just a one week game

Remember the rationale for qualifying four of thirteen was we don't have divisions and then we have a two week finals for the Championship in Weeks 15 and 16 which seem much better since this IS a winner take all format.
Hook is the Commish, he has spoken, 4 it is for me.

Wow!!!

Starting Week 13

Pictus 10-2 1769.55 (clinched a playoff spot)

The Revolution 9-3 1943.10 (clinched a playoff spot)

Old Mil 8-4 1683.20 (Needs a win or a MOP loss to get in)

MOP 7-5 1907.10 (Holds the 4th spot based on total points)

On the outside looking in

Beltway Mouth 6-6 1836.8

Stinkin Bass 5-7 1828.25

Everyone else eliminated

Going into Monday Nite

The Revolution 10-3 (record is set) 2117.75

Pictus 10-3 (record is set) 1913.10

MOP 8-5 (leading Ramrod by 18.85) 2071.05

Old Mil 8-5 (trails Team Legacy by 0.50 but has no one left) 1813.05

Beltway Mouth 7-6 2014.75 + Baldwin-9.3

Stinkin Bass 6-7 2011.60 + Graham-0 + Michael-6.3 + Seattle D-10

It's not going to matter this year, but what is the tiebreak procedure for playoff spots? I don't think that was discussed after the change to four teams.

Okay final standings up and here are playoff spots

#1 seed - Pictus Cat

#2 seed - The Revolution

#3 seed - Ministry of Pain

#4 seed - Stinkin Bass (highest point total of all remaining teams.

So I will set this up today

Week 14

Pictus Cat vs Stinkin Bass

The Revolution vs Ministry of Pain

Weeks 15&16 two week final

Winners from Week 14

#1 seed - Pictus Cat

#2 seed - The Revolution

Week 14

Winners from Week 14
You may want to wait for stat corrections to come out.

I am withing a half point of making the playoffs.

#1 seed - Pictus Cat

#2 seed - The Revolution

Week 14

Winners from Week 14
You may want to wait for stat corrections to come out.

I am withing a half point of making the playoffs.
ALWAYS subject to stat corrections but we need something up and will amend IF we have to

Congrats Pictus, your team is loaded.

Tale of our season, score a pile of points and lose. Would have won against the other two. Probably should define the tiebreaks next year for playoff seeding.

Probably little to no hope next week, amazed to make it this far with Rodgers ailing. We'll see if we can muster some type of attack. GL Pictus.

I didn't know Pictus was the returning champion going for 2 in a row. This one is gonna be close, the big break for me is I haven't logged any QB points yet and I have Flacco going tomorrow night in a game they likely need to throw it.

Pictus has Dalton (-7.8) going right now.

I didn't know Pictus was the returning champion going for 2 in a row. This one is gonna be close, the big break for me is I haven't logged any QB points yet and I have Flacco going tomorrow night in a game they likely need to throw it.

Looks like an exciting final. Remember that you play 2 weeks.

If the playoff seeding tiebreaker was total pts rather than head to head, Ref and I are leading both of you.

Looks like an exciting final. Remember that you play 2 weeks.

If the playoff seeding tiebreaker was total pts rather than head to head, Ref and I are leading both of you.
I was wondering if it was 2 weeks, well that means I'll get waxed next week. His team is loaded and I was fortunate he didn't have a lot of players go off.

Thank you all for your comments. I definitely feel more lucky than good. The 3peat is sweet! Looking forward to next year.

Users who are viewing this thread