What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Manning neck injury (1 Viewer)

Jeff Tefertiller

Footballguy
Hey guys, there is a BIG rumor out of Indy that Peyton needs another procedure. I expect more to be known in the next few days. This is just a rumor so take it as that ... but we at FBG want you to be informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this before the news media had it out. A local Indy Sport Radio guy reported this on twitter:

JMV1070

@ftonyv I've been told by multiple people. I'm hoping It's inaccurate too bud. I'm not newsbreaker, but thought ppl would like 2know.

JMV1070

Been told by multi sources that QB P Manning needs a 2nd neck procedure. Will remain out indefinitely.Called #colts and waiting on response.

The writing was on the wall. Those drafting Colts were either going to get great value or royally screwed.

Necks aren't a trivial injury. If you lose feeling in your legs or fingers, it's really bad news and leads to life-long surgical procedures. My sister just had her second neck surgery in five years, and it's not anything that gets "fixed". It's all just a temporary cure till the next surgery. If I was Peyton, I'd shut it down and call it a career. Better to walk away from the game than end up in a wheelchair.

T&P's Colts fantasy owners.

John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 Indianapolis reports Peyton Manning will need to undergo another procedure on his neck.

Manning will reportedly be out "indefinitely." Vincent has heard from multiple sources, but he's yet to receive confirmation from the Colts. Adam Schefter's report that the organization is preparing to go forward with Kerry Collins as the Week 1 starter does lend some credibility to this report. If true, it's a major downgrade for all of the Colts fantasy players. Collins lacks accuracy and mobility at this stage of his career.

Source: John Michael Vincent on Twitter

Sep 4 - 8:06 PM

If true, then it must be a recent development -- otherwise the Colts wouldn't have activated Manning from the PUP list last week.

He had a good career and is a HOF qb. He needs to hang it up, neck injuries are serious business.

This retirement will be bigger then Randy moss's, get ready for the non-stop espn coverage.

Although I never liked manning it's sad to see one of the greats have to leave the game like this.

Little bit of an overreation so far. People are assuming his career is over. If he is done, I'm gonna be rooting for the Colts all year. I don't want them gett anywhere near Andrew Luck. Give him to the Bengals.

Where do you guys rank Collins if he's the starter long-term? QB16?
He averaged 237 yards, 1.8 TDs, 1 INT over the last 5 games in 2010, which projects to 3800/29/16.....which would have been QB11.On the one hand, he's a year older.....but on the other hand, he's got better weapons to work with. I think QB16 is a good starting point, with QB10 a definite possibility.

Have a feeling it's over for this guy. Definitely for 2011.
LOL
What's so funny? Guy is about to have his 3rd neck surgery. Won't shock me in the least if he walks away and ends up as a broadcaster or a coach.
:goodposting: Manning is smart enough not to risk paralysis. If he's going for another neck surgery something is very wrong.

He has a family to raise and being in a wheelchair the rest of his life isn't something his kids deserve.

He'll be a first ballot HOF'er, he had a long great career.

Love PMan. He rode me to a few championships.

He was the man I ALWAYS backed up in the brady v manning debates.

I used to get semi's from watching his highlight reels.

Would be very craptastic news if this were true.

per Peter King:

Colts president Bill Polian to me tonight on reports Peyton needs second neck surgery: "I don't know anything about that. I honestly don't."

Users who are viewing this thread