What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (2 Viewers)

Was considering grabbing him at the 1.04 but it's looking like Parker or White will be there. So I'm trying to trade up lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
georg013 said:
Run It Up said:
Was considering grabbing him at the 1.04 but it's looking like Parker or White will be there. So I'm trying to trade up lol.
What exactly does this mean? Sorry if i'm being dense.
The post above mine was talking about grabbing DGB at the 1.06 if he was there. I was saying I was considering taking him at the 1.04, but because Devante Parker or Kevin White will likely be there, I will likely take them instead. So, I'm trying to trade up for another first round pick to grab DGB possibly.

georg013 said:
Run It Up said:
What exactly does this mean? Sorry if i'm being dense.
The post above mine was talking about grabbing DGB at the 1.06 if he was there. I was saying I was considering taking him at the 1.04, but because Devante Parker or Kevin White will likely be there, I will likely take them instead. So, I'm trying to trade up for another first round pick to grab DGB possibly.
Thanks for the clarification. Long day!

The only reason I wouldn't take DGB until the late 1st or 2nd rd of rookie drafts is because of weed. From what I've seen from athletes, once a smoker, always a smoker. Now if the NFL relaxes their rules on pot I would rethink my position on DGB. The way the country is going with regards to pot legalization I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL have to relax their rules on it as well.

The only reason I wouldn't take DGB until the late 1st or 2nd rd of rookie drafts is because of weed. From what I've seen from athletes, once a smoker, always a smoker. Now if the NFL relaxes their rules on pot I would rethink my position on DGB. The way the country is going with regards to pot legalization I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL have to relax their rules on it as well.
NFL Drug policy, four strikes and your out 2 games.

Not as bad as it used to be.

If someone loves smoking weed and gets busted three times are they going to be able to stop?

It's not worth the trouble to figuring DGB out right now - if a NFL team deems him worthy of a 1st round pick then that will be enough for me to pick him in the mid 1st. If he goes in the 2nd that will signal to me that teams have some concerns about him.

I think weed should be treated exactly like booze since the country is headed toward legalization of pot. Make it OK unless they get a DUI or involved in a crime while high.

I think weed should be treated exactly like booze since the country is headed toward legalization of pot. Make it OK unless they get a DUI or involved in a crime while high.
I don't disagree, just saying they made positive changes to the policy recently. DUI is still like a min 2 game suspension though, but simply failing a test is a strike in a pretty forgiving sliding scale.

I don't disagree, just saying they made positive changes to the policy recently. DUI is still like a min 2 game suspension though, but simply failing a test is a strike in a pretty forgiving sliding scale.
The problem with thinking that failing a test is just a strike and they have 4 is that most pot smokers can't stop at 4 strikes, they continue to smoke regardless of the penalty.

How did you not learn from Gordon? Make me understand. Anyone, why do this to yourselves?
Because his name is Dorial Green-Beckham, not Josh Gordon. You've pretty much been saying that every single person in the NFL who has been known to smoke weed is going to have the same career path as Josh Gordon.

massraider said:
ShamrockPride said:
massraider said:
How did you not learn from Gordon? Make me understand. Anyone, why do this to yourselves?
Because his name is Dorial Green-Beckham, not Josh Gordon. You've pretty much been saying that every single person in the NFL who has been known to smoke weed is going to have the same career path as Josh Gordon.
What the heck are you talking about?
Josh Gordon getting banned for a year doesn't make DGB more likely to be banned a year for smoking pot.

DGB might be the love child of Josh Gordon and Greg Hardy.

With a draft full of solid WRs, why go to bat for this guy? With the way the NFL has been going after guys pulling crap of field, does it really seem likely that a bunch of money is going to help? Come on.

Which number is greater?

Players that smoke pot in the NFL and don't get busted?

Players that smoke pot in the NFL and do get busted?

Go.

Run It Up said:
JohnnyU said:
NFL Drug policy, four strikes and your out 2 games.Not as bad as it used to be.
Unless ur busted driving a car

DGB might be the love child of Josh Gordon and Greg Hardy.

With a draft full of solid WRs, why go to bat for this guy? With the way the NFL has been going after guys pulling crap of field, does it really seem likely that a bunch of money is going to help? Come on.
Cause this is fantasy football, there is value in a consistent middling WR whos probably maybe never gonna get in trouble - there is also value in a player who can potentially single handily win you games but is possibly maybe more likely to get in trouble.

Which number is greater?

Players that smoke pot in the NFL and don't get busted?

Players that smoke pot in the NFL and do get busted?

Go.
Throwing women down stairs

Kicked out of big time program (how hard is that)

Driving around with pounds of weed

No parents, no home structure.

Go!

cstu said:
It's not worth the trouble to figuring DGB out right now - if a NFL team deems him worthy of a 1st round pick then that will be enough for me to pick him in the mid 1st. If he goes in the 2nd that will signal to me that teams have some concerns about him.
I think that's a reasonable position EXCEPT... there needs to be only one team who is foolish and ignores the flags everyone else does not ignore, and takes him too high for the risk. I think the fantasy owner still has to make his own decision as to risk tolerance. Is he available with the 1.10 rookie pick? Probably worth the chance. Take him with 1.06? Not me.

I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on him as my WR4 in a dynasty this year as long as I'm stout at my two starting WR positions. (old league, starts 2WR's)

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Player

According to NFL draft insider Tony Pauline, the Seahawks "would love" to select Dorial Green-Beckham if he's available at the 63rd overall pick.

The Seahawks reportedly expect Green-Beckham to be off the board "during the initial 15 picks of round two," but players with off-field concerns like DGB's tend to be draft-day wildcards. Seattle's interest in Green-Beckham may signal general interest in big wide receivers, one of the few deficiencies on GM John Schneider's roster. Arizona State's Jaelen Strong could be another round-two target.

Related: Seahawks

Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 23 - 11:49 AM
Mid-late 2nd sounds about right.

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners

Bob McGinn spoke with one NFL scout who noted the Oklahoma staff "vouches" for WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

"They loved the kid," the scout said regarding the members of the Oklahoma football program. "At Missouri, everybody that I talked to loves the kid. From a football standpoint, they'd bring him back 100%. But from a university standpoint he had too many issues." The off-field issues, as the scout put it, include weed, drugs and an altercation with a girlfriend. Teams do value schools' opinions of prospects, especially ones with question marks.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Apr 23 - 9:52 AM

ConnSKINS26 said:
wdcrob said:
Yo, dude. How about putting down the keyboard and doing some Commishing in the league you're about to kill?
Need details. This is way more interesting than speculating on a guy the NFL will do all the work on in a week.
I think the Milkman killed the league with a led pipe in the library.
Lol 'led'
It is obviously lead and was a typo. Considering all the clown posts I read from you, I wouldnt think you would want to start throwing stones
That sucks, I thought it was a pipe with a flashlight attached. :kicksrock:

ConnSKINS26 said:
wdcrob said:
Yo, dude. How about putting down the keyboard and doing some Commishing in the league you're about to kill?
Need details. This is way more interesting than speculating on a guy the NFL will do all the work on in a week.
I think the Milkman killed the league with a led pipe in the library.
Lol 'led'
It is obviously lead and was a typo. Considering all the clown posts I read from you, I wouldnt think you would want to start throwing stones
Need some cranberry juice?

Rotoworld:

In a poll of 19 scouts, Dorial Green-Beckham received 7 1/2 votes as this year's draft-eligible wide receiver most likely to bust.

Michigan's Devin Funchess came in second with 3 1/2 votes as likeliest to bust, while UCF's Breshad Perriman garnered three votes and Auburn's Sammie Coates two. Green-Beckham's off-field issues have been well documented, though NFL personnel seem to have positive takeaways when they encounter him on a personal level. Whether DGB goes in the first round remains to be seen.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Apr 23 - 12:12 AM

I don't normally watch the myriad of Youtube highlight reels on players. I try to keep my memories of what I saw over the course of them playing intact instead of watching something I know makes everyone look like an all-star.

But I did watch a few the other night and DGB was one of them and it just blows me away how (combo) big and fast he looks out there. It's rare.

About where I'm at, unless that team is the Browns.

About where I'm at, unless that team is the Browns.
haha, i pick 5th and am praying Devonte Parker doesn't end up on the Browns.

I like DBG wherever he ends up. IMO, the best WR in this class. I am going out on a limb of a reach here but I am going to call KC with their 1st round pick. Maclin would be a great mentor and KC needs help opening up that offense. Reid has shown taking a WR early is an option for him in the past and DGB has the potential to be a star. Chase Daniels would also be a better fit for the team than Alex Smith, FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread