What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

I think I found a glitch in Boethia's Shrine.

You're supposed to lead someone to its altar to kill. So I grab that hunter from Riverwood and lead him there and "activate altar" and nothing happens.

Any [spoilers] help would be appreciated, but I'm thinking this is a glitch.

Anyone know how to defeat Morokei? I'm at a complete loss
Nobody?At this point, I have died trying so many times that I might give up and go back to the main quest to level up and come back when Im stronger. I still dont have a house and have lost my woodcutters ax. I tried to find one in Whitehall but have been unsuccessful. Any way to earn the money I need for a house outside of woodcuttingDrifter, Thanks for telling me about the auto save files. I went back and started from a time before I killed Hod. I didnt want that on my conscience.

Nobody?At this point, I have died trying so many times that I might give up and go back to the main quest to level up and come back when Im stronger. I still dont have a house and have lost my woodcutters ax. I tried to find one in Whitehall but have been unsuccessful. Any way to earn the money I need for a house outside of woodcuttingDrifter, Thanks for telling me about the auto save files. I went back and started from a time before I killed Hod. I didnt want that on my conscience.
You have to use destruction spells on him. I primarily use a conjurer mage and got owned by Morokei since he would turn my monster against. I turned down the gameplay settings to novice and still was getting owned. Took forever to finally beat him. Had to hide in corner wait for magic to regenerate hit him with fireball, then heal, rinse repeat. Took like 30 minutes to beat but well worth it. Also recommend that you manual save often during this battle.

Same way I kill everyone else, sneak, arrows covered in poisons, couple pokes with my daggers if they get close, run wash and repeat.

You have to use destruction spells on him. I primarily use a conjurer mage and got owned by Morokei since he would turn my monster against. I turned down the gameplay settings to novice and still was getting owned. Took forever to finally beat him. Had to hide in corner wait for magic to regenerate hit him with fireball, then heal, rinse repeat. Took like 30 minutes to beat but well worth it. Also recommend that you manual save often during this battle.
For some reason during my first time with him, he was just standing there not doing anything. I used double fisted fire, didnt make a dent in him. Switched to frost and lightning, same thing. The little red meter did not decrease at all. At that point, I figured destruction doesnt work and tried bound sword, whiterun ax, increasing my armor, arrows. I couldnt get the guy below one or two spots on the red health meter

Same way I kill everyone else, sneak, arrows covered in poisons, couple pokes with my daggers if they get close, run wash and repeat.
How do you cover arrows in poison? I tried sneak and he came up and blasted me with one shot

I think I found a glitch in Boethia's Shrine. You're supposed to lead someone to its altar to kill. So I grab that hunter from Riverwood and lead him there and "activate altar" and nothing happens. Any [spoilers] help would be appreciated, but I'm thinking this is a glitch.
You have to activate and then stab the person with that dagger they give you. I haven't done it yet, but I am carrying the dagger around and I know that is what they said to do in the little intro scene with the instructions.

How do you cover arrows in poison? I tried sneak and he came up and blasted me with one shot
Go to your potions and choose a poison then select to "equip it", it actually goes to your bow. Also I think he did shock damage so if you have any pots that protect against that drink one of those. Do not forget to have your best arrows equipped and if you need to drink some true shot or any other pots that will help.

Nobody?At this point, I have died trying so many times that I might give up and go back to the main quest to level up and come back when Im stronger. I still dont have a house and have lost my woodcutters ax. I tried to find one in Whitehall but have been unsuccessful. Any way to earn the money I need for a house outside of woodcutting
From what I've seen from a walkthrough (I don't have the game, and yes I know it's sad that I've spent hours watching walkthroughs), you can plunk Morokei with arrows all day so long as you stay on the platform where the mage was imprisoning him. He won't come up. He'll just shoot magic at you occassionally. It's kind of a ***** way to do it, and it may take a long time, but's it's fairly risk free.

Nobody?At this point, I have died trying so many times that I might give up and go back to the main quest to level up and come back when Im stronger. I still dont have a house and have lost my woodcutters ax. I tried to find one in Whitehall but have been unsuccessful. Any way to earn the money I need for a house outside of woodcutting
From what I've seen from a walkthrough (I don't have the game, and yes I know it's sad that I've spent hours watching walkthroughs), you can plunk Morokei with arrows all day so long as you stay on the platform where the mage was imprisoning him. He won't come up. He'll just shoot magic at you occassionally. It's kind of a ***** way to do it, and it may take a long time, but's it's fairly risk free.
Ill try all the suggestions again tonight. Problem with this one is that I dont think I have enough arrows. I also have no food and no potions for health anymore. Thanks for all the replies. I will try again when I get home.

Ill try all the suggestions again tonight. Problem with this one is that I dont think I have enough arrows. I also have no food and no potions for health anymore. Thanks for all the replies. I will try again when I get home.
Early on buy every single arrow and health pot you come across. I would go gather some supplies and come back and try again. You should be able to buy a potion of true shot for around 150-300 gold and that should help quite a bit.

You can try one of two ways basically. Either try and draw him into the water and hide behind a column up top strafing out to shoot him with arrows and jumping back behind cover. I almost killed him this way but it took like 10 minutes and then I got nailed and died. Or, the way I did kill him was to just never give him a chance to cast. Jumped down immediately after killing his two protectors, backed him into a corner and just wailed away at him. He got close to casting one time and I used the slow time Thu'un and went to town on him and it interrupted his cast(this only works if you have more than one of the slow time words so that you can move faster than him when time is slowed). This method made it so he couldn't hit me with his two shot lightning death jobs AND couldn't heal. But truth be told though, this guy is a ##### to deal with.

After reaching level 30 and playing as a dagger death dealing killer all game, I FINALLY got a note from the Dark Brotherhood that says, "WE KNOW."

I'm not sure if this starts the questline or they're just pissed off, but I'll take the attention either way.

Also, I don't want any spoilers, so shhhhh.

Drifter, Thanks for telling me about the auto save files. I went back and started from a time before I killed Hod. I didnt want that on my conscience.
I found a way to make money that's better than woodcutting. Buy as much iron ore as you can find. Go to a smelter and make iron ingots, use those ingots to make iron daggers. Enchant those daggers with your most expensive enchantment, then sell them to the vendors. You can usually make 200-300 gold off of each dagger with any decent enchantment. If you have the banish enchantment, you'll be able to sell each dagger for more gold than the vendors have usually. You'll have to either wait 48 hours for them to refresh their money after each sale or travel around to each city. (If you make a loop, by the time you get back to the city you started in they are usually restocked with cash) It's great because you make money and level up smithing and enchanting at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drifter, Thanks for telling me about the auto save files. I went back and started from a time before I killed Hod. I didnt want that on my conscience.
I found a way to make money that's better than woodcutting. Buy as much iron ore as you can find. Go to a smelter and make iron ingots, use those ingots to make iron daggers. Enchant those daggers with your most expensive enchantment, then sell them to the vendors. You can usually make 200-300 gold off of each dagger with any decent enchantment. If you have the banish enchantment, you'll be able to sell each dagger for more gold than the vendors have usually. You'll have to either wait 48 hours for them to refresh their money after each sale or travel around to each city. (If you make a loop, by the time you get back to the city you started in they are usually restocked with cash) It's great because you make money and level up smithing and enchanting at the same time.
What is an enchantment :bag:

This is probably pretty basic but I never messed much with any of the poison spells before. How do you put it on the tip of an arrow or blade? :bag:

Not much experience in enchantment, only disenchantment.

Are the enchantments you learn from disenchantment infinitely reusable or is it a one time use thing?

What is an enchantment :bag:
You'll find some weapons that have special effects on them, like a sword that also does burning damage or frost damage or whatever. That is the enchantment. If you take it to an arcane enchantment table(look like an alchemy table except blue), you can disenchant the item to learn its enchantment. Then you can use that enchantment along with filled soul gems to enchant another item. You can buy filled and unfilled soul gems from almost every court wizard or really any wizard in the game. If you have a weapon with the soul trap enchantment or know the soul trap spell, then you can fill your own soul gems, otherwise just buy the cheap(petty and lesser) filled soul gems from the court wizards.

Not much experience in enchantment, only disenchantment.Are the enchantments you learn from disenchantment infinitely reusable or is it a one time use thing?
You learn the skill forever but for each item you enchant after that you need an item (sword, armor, jewelry, etc), a learned enchantment (fire damage, soul capture, whatever), and a filled soul gem.

Another basic question here:

I used an enchantment on one of my swords and now its out of charges, how do I recharge it? Do I need to get another soul gem?

Not much experience in enchantment, only disenchantment.Are the enchantments you learn from disenchantment infinitely reusable or is it a one time use thing?
Did this for the first time last night and it made a difference what gem i used. Just fyi, the better the gem the better percentage you get to reuse.

Another basic question here:I used an enchantment on one of my swords and now its out of charges, how do I recharge it? Do I need to get another soul gem?
yep, another filled soul gem. when you have one and you look in your weapons inventory, you are given the option to recharge.

Sneak sneaked up on me last night. I was creeping around some tents underground and went around a corner and was face to face with a Falmer. Paused, he didn't see me so I retreated and sniped him.

:####bricks:

Sneak sneaked up on me last night. I was creeping around some tents underground and went around a corner and was face to face with a Falmer. Paused, he didn't see me so I retreated and sniped him. :####bricks:
Encountered my first Falmers last night in a cave (forget the name...) Sniped them from afar with my bow.

Another basic question here:I used an enchantment on one of my swords and now its out of charges, how do I recharge it? Do I need to get another soul gem?
yep, another filled soul gem. when you have one and you look in your weapons inventory, you are given the option to recharge.
How do you fill one again? :bag:
RB should be the recharge button if you're on 360. Go to the weapon's list, select what you want to fill and hit RB

I think he's asking how you fill a soul gem. you need either a weapon that's been enchanted with capture soul, or you need to cast a capture soul spell on a target before you kill it.

I'm about 5 or 6 quests into the Thieves guild. I'd have thought by now that I could make use of their fences to sell stolen goods. I either don't have the option or I've missed it. Halp?

When you guys say gems, are you talking about the petty soul gem?
Thats one of them. Petty, Lesser, Grand, Black (I'm probably missing some)
Petty, Lesser, Common, Greater, Grand,
Azura's Star or Black Star
, and Black Soul Gem

Having the Black Star with one of your daggers enchanted with Soul Trap is the way to go. All those necromancers you come across (seems like they're in every dungeon, right?) will give you a great or grand soul.

I'm about 5 or 6 quests into the Thieves guild. I'd have thought by now that I could make use of their fences to sell stolen goods. I either don't have the option or I've missed it. Halp?
There's a woman in the bar that buys stuff. Also, as you do quests the people you help will offer to buy stuff from you from then on out. I don't remember any of them. One is in the magic college. I never use them myself. The chick in the bar is good enough for me.

I came across a Talos shrine yesterday where everyone was slaughtered. After double checking to make sure I didn't do it earlier, I realized this was the Thalmor's work and was surprised at how much it pissed me off.

I'm now resolved to whack every one of those d-bags I come across. No mercy.

Definitely moving toward a pro-rebel, pro-Talos orientation. Might join up with the Stormcloaks soon for kicks.

Users who are viewing this thread