What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

I decided to give it a try and fight this thing.  It's called Nightmare Beast.  There is a mod where you can get a ring that adds 100,000 hit points so I put it on.  It almost killed me even with over 100,000 HP, but I managed to kill it.  One more hit from him and I would be dead.  Definitely the hardest monster in the game that I have encountered, by far.
Sorry but having to add 100k HP to fight something  just sounds dumb.

Anyone have the XB1 version with mods?

I bought it on sale - beaten game on the 360 years ago. I've got two games in front of me, but I'll be playing this again soon. I want to do like a Night's Watch GOT character - Jon Snow preferably.  Just curious what mods really help that are on XB1. 

Anyone have the XB1 version with mods?

I bought it on sale - beaten game on the 360 years ago. I've got two games in front of me, but I'll be playing this again soon. I want to do like a Night's Watch GOT character - Jon Snow preferably.  Just curious what mods really help that are on XB1. 
PC here...I have ALL the mods.

Love it when something new happens after all this time. I've only been married 3 times and last night my wife was kidnapped. Killed a random bandit at my house and found a ransom note and was  :excited:   something new! It started a rescue quest. 

Just curious, has anyone else tried using the creation kit much to do your own edits?

I've posted before how I redid some of the economy, making ingots rare unless you mine them yourself, making magic items rare in stores but putting more out in the world to be found/won, reducing how powerful enchanted weapons can be, putting level limits on some perks (basically what Fallout 4 did, but before it came out) etc.

Has anyone else done this sort of thing to try to make the game even better from your standpoint?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, has anyone else tried using the creation kit much to do your own edits?

I've posted before how I redid some of the economy, making ingots rare unless you mine them yourself, making magic items rare in stores but putting more out in the world to be found/won, reducing how powerful enchanted weapons can be, putting level limits on some perks (basically what Fallout 4 did, but before it came out) etc.

Has anyone else done this sort of thing to try to make the game even better from your standpoint?
I haven't used the creation kit but to keep the game challenging longer I no longer wear any armor - only clothes. It prolongs the need to be cautious. Deep into the game if I get jumped by multiple bandits I'll need to flee because I can't just stand there and trade blows even with a powerful weapon. It continues some of the OhCrapOhCrapOhCrap moments that are a lot of fun for me. Saves me from putting points in those skill trees too.

I like the idea of making magic items rare in stores. I'd like to do the same with home materials like glass, horns and straw.

I haven't used the creation kit but to keep the game challenging longer I no longer wear any armor - only clothes. It prolongs the need to be cautious. Deep into the game if I get jumped by multiple bandits I'll need to flee because I can't just stand there and trade blows even with a powerful weapon. It continues some of the OhCrapOhCrapOhCrap moments that are a lot of fun for me. Saves me from putting points in those skill trees too.

I like the idea of making magic items rare in stores. I'd like to do the same with home materials like glass, horns and straw.
If you want to give it a go I can point you to the places you'll need to edit.

There's basically just lists of items that it randomly selects from to stock the shopkeepers, treasure chests, npc equipment, etc.  You just go into the list and change the ratios or remove items entirely or add in the ones you want.  Save the changes out to a file and that's now your mod you just drop into game like normal.

Users who are viewing this thread