What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

Did the first dragon mission and then decided to do the Companions missions instead of seeing the Greybeards. Quick question: Currently sporting a wood elf and working my bow skillz. Is there a certain place to get the Elvin armor; or do I just go and find it along the way?
If this was co-op I could make you some but ... :no: Im lvl 9, havent seen anything yet (other than a Elven sword I lifted out of Dragonsreach master lock)
I have 4 waypoint markers set on master locks that I couldn't get/ran out of lock picks. Hopefully there's some good ####e in there.

I've got a question about a mission that maybe you all can help with...

I'm doing the quest where you find the old lady and brother in Whiterun and they talk about the son/brother being taken by the imperial army. I found the note telling me where he had been taken and went over to the fort to see if I can get him free. It seems the only way is to go in swinging and kill everyone to get him out.My question - if I do that, will the Imperial Army be an enemy from there on out? I haven't picked a side in the war and really don't want to at this point.
Thanks

I never talked to this kid's parents but I'm pretty sure I did stumble upon the train. He had three guards with them. I decided that nobody was going to jail today and wiped out the guards but the kid split before I could talk to him.Later I wandered into an Imperial camp and they didn't know anything about the vent. I did make sure to kill them all though.I haven't picked a stormcloak or Imperial side yet either.

Did the first dragon mission and then decided to do the Companions missions instead of seeing the Greybeards. Quick question: Currently sporting a wood elf and working my bow skillz. Is there a certain place to get the Elvin armor; or do I just go and find it along the way?
:blackdot: #manonmanelflove

If this was co-op I could make you some but ... :no: Im lvl 9, havent seen anything yet (other than a Elven sword I lifted out of Dragonsreach master lock)
I have 4 waypoint markers set on master locks that I couldn't get/ran out of lock picks. Hopefully there's some good ####e in there.
If you have time to burn, just save the game before you start to try and pick a lock, that way when you run out, you can just restart your saved game and have all your picks again (although, location of the sweet spot will change)

Stupid question, I'm sure, but how do you mine? I have the pickaxe but haven't seen anything when I'm in the mines that says "use your axe on me, studmuffin"...

Stupid question, I'm sure, but how do you mine? I have the pickaxe but haven't seen anything when I'm in the mines that says "use your axe on me, studmuffin"...
Saw an iron ore pit, but I was too busy fighting a dragon/running away from a giant to remember where it was.ETA: it was next to a mountain and was a discolored patch of rock adjacent to the mountain. Clicked my cursor over it and it gave me the option to mine. However, I didnt have my pickaxe on me

Last edited by a moderator:
There are ore veins in various caves as well as some that are pretty clearly "mines". Look for a raised rocky area with striations. They're hard to describe but when you see them you'll know it. When you hover over one there will be an option to mine... as long as you have a pick axe you'll get the ore.

Game has been a life-saver, been playing whenever I've been feeding the baby late at night/or if he is being fussy and not willing to go asleep. I put him in his swing until he falls asleepw while I'm dungeon diving.Rolling with a Nord/Warrior 2H Greatsword, lvl 9 and smithing is almost at lvl 50!. Already in full suit of Dwarven armor.Had a question though, what area is the best area to mine. I feel like this may be good to do while feeding the baby and something I can do with one hand. :banned:ETA: Looking to make dwarven ignots for the time being, so wherever I can find the ingredients for that.
Head to Markarth, which is the most southwestern town in Skyrim IIRC. Head up to the Jarl's palace there (pretty much the highest point of the city), and go in. As soon as you can take a path to your left, follow that, and you will run into an alchemy area and this guy will give you a mission to kill a spider. Follow that and kill the spider. After that you can enter into an underground cavern area and clear that out. The area has at least 100 lbs worth of dwarven scrap metal, so make sure you have plenty of room to carry everything you find. The spider mission does not take very long so you should be in there collecting the metal in no time. There is some heavy resistance in certain spots so make sure you bring your best armor/weapons.

Don't understanding thinking a conjurer is overpowered and going to two handed tank. Two Handed Tanks are usually the easiest way to roll through these games.

Game has been a life-saver, been playing whenever I've been feeding the baby late at night/or if he is being fussy and not willing to go asleep. I put him in his swing until he falls asleepw while I'm dungeon diving.Rolling with a Nord/Warrior 2H Greatsword, lvl 9 and smithing is almost at lvl 50!. Already in full suit of Dwarven armor.Had a question though, what area is the best area to mine. I feel like this may be good to do while feeding the baby and something I can do with one hand. :banned:ETA: Looking to make dwarven ignots for the time being, so wherever I can find the ingredients for that.
Head to Markarth, which is the most southwestern town in Skyrim IIRC. Head up to the Jarl's palace there (pretty much the highest point of the city), and go in. As soon as you can take a path to your left, follow that, and you will run into an alchemy area and this guy will give you a mission to kill a spider. Follow that and kill the spider. After that you can enter into an underground cavern area and clear that out. The area has at least 100 lbs worth of dwarven scrap metal, so make sure you have plenty of room to carry everything you find. The spider mission does not take very long so you should be in there collecting the metal in no time. There is some heavy resistance in certain spots so make sure you bring your best armor/weapons.

So I decided my destruction/conjuration mage was too overpowered and getting boring.
That's disappointing. This was going to be my character when I get the game.
:goodposting: Just getting into the game and planned on going this pure mage route as well. Why do you say it was too overpowered? What skills/spells were you keeping active (You can only have one equipped on each hand from what I understand)
I've actually heard complaints about the opposite that a pure destruction mage is underpowered later in the game because the damage of the destruction spells does not scale, i.e. a fireball is always the same value as opposed to my bow damage going up based on my archery. But if you make a solid well rounded mage with some conjuration/destruction etc you should be fine. If you play enough you will probably end up pretty powerful. If you want to avoid becoming overpowered, try to avoid smithing/enchanting because if high enough you can smith and then enchant armor/weapons to make yourself into godmode.

:thumbup: Thanks GB

I am going out of town for two nights for work then to my in-laws house for Thanksgiving for 3 nights... and I am REALLY struggling with whether to lug along my xbox to play skyrim at the hotel/inlaws or to use this opportunity to catch up on some much needed sleep... :bag:

I am going out of town for two nights for work then to my in-laws house for Thanksgiving for 3 nights... and I am REALLY struggling with whether to lug along my xbox to play skyrim at the hotel/inlaws or to use this opportunity to catch up on some much needed sleep... :bag:
Take it with you

'joker said:
:lmao: Just look for the rock in various mines/dungeons that has colored striations in it. Then go up to those areas, move your cursor over it and it will ask if you want to mine X.

Smithing seems ridiculously powerful. I've got smithing at about level 80 and my char is level 30. With the ebony perk I'm improving ebony daggers to 37 base damage (and it can go higher). That makes ebony daggers hit harder (base) than anything else in the game, as far as I know. Dual wielding these with enchantments / poison is absolutely deadly. I've yet to find an enemy that can survive a single dual power sneak attack.

OK, have been :nerd:ing out kinda hard waiting to get the $$ to pay for game and system, and have been watching a fair amount of youtube footage. Found this vid funny in a completely :nerd: vein.

'culdeus said:
Along those lines...I'm about 30 hours in (and haven't even touched the meat of game...no DB or Thieves Guild quests yet...wtf are they? Not asking, just wondering aloud) and today, while driving, I was somewhere I needed to do a U-turn in a residential neighborhood and saw a rabbit. Honest to God, my first thought was "Where's my bow?"

:lmao: yet :unsure: at the same moment. It made me chuckle to myself.

'culdeus said:
Along those lines...I'm about 30 hours in (and haven't even touched the meat of game...no DB or Thieves Guild quests yet...wtf are they? Not asking, just wondering aloud) and today, while driving, I was somewhere I needed to do a U-turn in a residential neighborhood and saw a rabbit. Honest to God, my first thought was "Where's my bow?"

I wondered what skill I was leveling up as I power sucked the last bit of a chocolate shake yesterday.

Smithing seems ridiculously powerful. I've got smithing at about level 80 and my char is level 30. With the ebony perk I'm improving ebony daggers to 37 base damage (and it can go higher). That makes ebony daggers hit harder (base) than anything else in the game, as far as I know. Dual wielding these with enchantments / poison is absolutely deadly. I've yet to find an enemy that can survive a single dual power sneak attack.
I made a legendary ebony mace that hits for 55 (i think). With the ignore armor perk, I'm finally able to mow through people.

'culdeus said:

This happened to me while I was playing Red Dead Redemption. Every time I'd see a bird fly across my path I'd reach for my sidearm.

'culdeus said:

Check your stats and to see how many bunnies you have killed. Since Skyrim came out I have killed 2 in game with my bow and 3 in real life with my F150.

'culdeus said:

Check your stats and to see how many bunnies you have killed. Since Skyrim came out I have killed 2 in game with my bow and 3 in real life with my F150.
Funny story, I was chasing a bear when I was a decently low level (like 4/5) and I chase down a rabbit and use my shout to stun it and kill it. Shortly thereafter I turn around and a bear is there, punches me in the face and mauls me to death.

So technically I killed one, but I died in the process. Worth it? Yes.

Dagger damage depends on One-handed perks too.My dual Elven daggers do 41 damage each because I have a few perks and I smithed them to "exquisite."ETA: while the X15 damage perk is deadly, sneaking up on a high level opponent and sinking the daggers in before he turns around is by no means automatic. I've been caught just inches from a guy's back on a number of occasions and had to run my #### off to regroup. Why run? Because sneaking partially depends on wearing light armor. Light armor will guarantee you getting pwned by a high level opponent in a face-to-face exchange.

I made a legendary ebony mace that hits for 55 (i think). With the ignore armor perk, I'm finally able to mow through people.
Whatever the axe is from the companions has a base level of 55 for me, mostly due to perks I'm sure. I enchanted it with a soul catcher.

I bought an Xbox just so I could play this game. Well worth it. I find myself playing this instead of spending hours watching sports. I read were you can get married if you would like to. Since that didn't work out so well for me in real life, I'm doubtful I'll do so in the game unless there are some real benefits. How does getting married help you in the game? If you are married in the game, who did you get married to?

I bought an Xbox just so I could play this game. Well worth it. I find myself playing this instead of spending hours watching sports. I read were you can get married if you would like to. Since that didn't work out so well for me in real life, I'm doubtful I'll do so in the game unless there are some real benefits. How does getting married help you in the game? If you are married in the game, who did you get married to?
:lmao:

'bigmarc27 said:
I've got a question about a mission that maybe you all can help with...

I'm doing the quest where you find the old lady and brother in Whiterun and they talk about the son/brother being taken by the imperial army. I found the note telling me where he had been taken and went over to the fort to see if I can get him free. It seems the only way is to go in swinging and kill everyone to get him out.My question - if I do that, will the Imperial Army be an enemy from there on out? I haven't picked a side in the war and really don't want to at this point.
Thanks

If there are no witnesses, it didn't happen.

Is that a one-handed perk?

Is that a one-handed perk?
Yeah. Specific to maces.

My wife runs a business out of my house. She gives me a cut of the earnings, which is 100 gold every day since I've asked her for a cut. Decent money. She will also cook me a nice meal that gives me a perk, and she will sleep with me which gives me another perk.I've read that you can get your wife to fight with you too, but I'm not interested in that.

My wife runs a business out of my house. She gives me a cut of the earnings, which is 100 gold every day since I've asked her for a cut. Decent money. She will also cook me a nice meal that gives me a perk, and she will sleep with me which gives me another perk.I've read that you can get your wife to fight with you too, but I'm not interested in that.
Ok, now what about in the game?

Ok, you guys can put this in spoiler tags, but I think this is pretty basic. I'm getting pretty frustrated with how random soul gems are. I cast the spell and sometimes, sometimes not, I get a harvest. Do I have to cast it on the creature? Does it have to be close when I cast? Does it have to die close to me?

:wall:

Ok, you guys can put this in spoiler tags, but I think this is pretty basic. I'm getting pretty frustrated with how random soul gems are. I cast the spell and sometimes, sometimes not, I get a harvest. Do I have to cast it on the creature? Does it have to be close when I cast? Does it have to die close to me? :wall:
The way most iterations of the spell are cast, you have to cast it ON the creature, have an empty soul gem, and then kill it within a minute of casting the spell. That's the longest time period, and I think the standard one for the spell you cast.Now, there are weapons that are enchanted with soul trap, but sometimes the enchantment is something like, you must kill the creature within 15 seconds, or whatever.Edit: Also, you can't soul trap an NPC unless its a black soul gem.

Had a interesting experience last night. I have been rolling with Lydia as a companion, but took on a quest that required me to take along another partner. So, I tell Lydia to take a hike. Finish up the quest, and go back to my house in Whiterun to dump a bunch of the loot I'm carrying... and I run into Lydia in the upstairs bedroom, who has for some reason unequipped all her armor except her boots and is just strolling around. :unsure:

Not sure if this is another software glitch or a "feature".

I think I'm at the point where the Dark Brotherhood quest line should get more interesting. At least I hope so. It's been kind of bland so far.

Users who are viewing this thread