What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs Thread - Pittsburgh V Denver (1 Viewer)

how in the F did DJ Williams get stuck on Mike Wallace - it's hard watching these guys week in and out blow coverages

two feet down, the ball held until contact with the ground, call complete on the field and the refs kiss Pittsburgh's butt and change it to incomplete. What a pile of crap! Let's just forego playing the game and give the Stealers the win.
:thumbup: You know what a pile of crap is? Putting your roster AND league rules in your sig.
explain.
We at least need to see the rosters of 3 other teams in your league to judge your team.

two feet down, the ball held until contact with the ground, call complete on the field and the refs kiss Pittsburgh's butt and change it to incomplete. What a pile of crap! Let's just forego playing the game and give the Stealers the win.
:thumbup: You know what a pile of crap is? Putting your roster AND league rules in your sig.
explain.
Just go into your settings, to your signature, and wrap your sig in the spoiler brackets.[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

explain.
Just go into your settings, to your signature, and wrap your sig in the spoiler brackets.[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]
:goodposting:

Now we know why Decker is afraid to go across the middle. Tebow just got him destroyed.
Really? I saw a straight knee shot. Perfectly thrown? No. Cheap shot? Slightly.
Classic homer response. He had to jump up to catch a ball that should be thrown and caught in stride running.
stinky bait. Good try.
:goodposting: He tries hard you have to give him that...
obviously watched a lot of tebow over the years and those two throws were typical of his college days. Never perfect but just good enough. Can he do it on a consistent basis against nfl talent? Probably not, but i can't wait to see what happens after a full camp to learnand hopefully improve.

So if the refs ruled that it was complete, but felt that Decker fumbled it before he was down, then what? Or could they have only ruled complete/incomplete since the whistle was blown?
If replay rules it a fumble and it is clearly recovered by a team, it would be awarded to them. If there is a pile that they have to dig out the ball from, then no.The ball was moving in his hands and came out. So the result of the replay was either going to be incomplete, or a fumble recovered by the Steelers at the spot it was picked up, but with no extra advancing of the ball from that spot given.

The key question in the replay was did he make, or have time to make, a football move between the time he had control with 2 feet down and when he began to go to the ground. If so, catch and fumble. If not, incomplete. They thought no, so incomplete. I agree with the call.

Last edited by a moderator:
explain.
How many keepers?
How does he like his scallops?

explain.
How many keepers?
How does he like his scallops?
Like my women, brown.

Feel bad for Decker. Can't blame Harrison. That is squarely on Goddell. I'd be shocked if his knee isn't destroyed from that hit. :(

Has anything been said that I missed about Hampton, Kiesel, or Woodley? Are all three of them already out on defense?
Nevermind...No Pouncey, no Mendenhall, no Kiesel, no Hampton, no Woodley, and a gimpy Ben.EDIT to add that I forgot... no Clark either.And there's still no excuse for losing to this Broncos team. The backup D-line needs to step up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tebow gets all day to throw in part because teams are worried about maintaining discipline and trying not to let him escape for a big run.

Users who are viewing this thread