What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Saturday Showdown #3 - Broncos 7-6 at Lions 9-4**(-4.5, 48) 8:15 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Broncos staring at real playoff possibilities even if they lose to Detroit but should they pull off the upset,
Denver could run the table for the rest of the regular season and enter the Playoffs red hot
Detroit has stumbled of late as we watch the former Asst Head Coach of the Saints battle his mentor and former Head Coach of the Saints in Sean Payton.
Should be a terrific game to end the NFL Saturday Showdown

Go!

@Joe Bryant
@FBG Moderator

On the surface Denver +180 to win outright seems like stealing money, considering how much better they have looked lately vs how the Lions have looked. But they are on the road for the 3rd straight week and Saturday night in Detroit will be a real challenge vs a team that rarely loses 2 games in a row. I'll say 27-20 angry cats. 🦁

The key to the game IMO will be the Lions' running game.

Detroit will need that to neutralize the Broncos' blitz brigade which otherwise will likely wreak havoc on a stationary Goff in spite of a good O-line. Vance Joseph has been sending safeties, corners and ILB's with reckless abandon and great success as part of Denver's recent turnover-fueled turnaround

The shine is wearing thin on Detroit Blue.
While the burst of Bronco Orange is getting brighter by the week.
Wilson playing better than Goff right now.
Denver D playing better than Detroit D right now.
Sean Peyton did NOT forget how to coach.
If Detroit can run the ball well and stick with it they can win.
If Denver's D slows down the run the Lions are in trouble.
I feared The Big Cats earlier in the season,now I fear another home loss...

Mile High and Getting Higher- 33
Motor City Breakdown- 23

On the surface Denver +180 to win outright seems like stealing money, considering how much better they have looked lately vs how the Lions have looked. But they are on the road for the 3rd straight week and Saturday night in Detroit will be a real challenge vs a team that rarely loses 2 games in a row. I'll say 27-20 angry cats. 🦁
Funny, I was going to say it was stealing money on the other side. Good thing I'm not a gambler.

Good week of practice for Detroit. The Lions are 4-3 in their last seven games, and have played well in exactly one of those games. No doubt they’re struggling. This defense is so bad that Detroit needs its offense to play well, and lately, it’s not. It won’t get any easier against the Broncos.

But the Lions are also 5-0 after a loss since their turnaround last season, and have blown out opponents by more than 17 points per game. This feels like a get-right game to me, especially with a sold-out Ford Field bringing the heat in prime time.

Posted this elsewhere, but the Lions typically falter in primetime games. Goff's comp % has gone from 69.7 Nov 12th. to 57.1 Dec 10th, each week since Nov 12 the percentage has gone down.
Denver beat the snot out of the Chiefs with stunting D-line moves from a sack-happy bunch. I'd bet they get Goff to panic and throw 2-3 picks in this game. The travel from Denver isn't like going to the East coast, so the timezone shouldn't matter.
This seems like a smash moment for the Broncos defense and a beat-down for the Lions. They're nowhere near the team they were when they went to KC and won opening day. They're on a downward spiral and very well may miss the playoffs.

Posted this elsewhere, but the Lions typically falter in primetime games. Goff's comp % has gone from 69.7 Nov 12th. to 57.1 Dec 10th, each week since Nov 12 the percentage has gone down.
Denver beat the snot out of the Chiefs with stunting D-line moves from a sack-happy bunch. I'd bet they get Goff to panic and throw 2-3 picks in this game. The travel from Denver isn't like going to the East coast, so the timezone shouldn't matter.
This seems like a smash moment for the Broncos defense and a beat-down for the Lions. They're nowhere near the team they were when they went to KC and won opening day. They're on a downward spiral and very well may miss the playoffs.

Six primetime games in 2023
  • last game of the season beat the Packers in Lambeau to knock GB out of the playoffs in Rodgers last game
  • beat Kansas City on Thursday Night Football to open the season
  • blew away Green Bay in another Thursday night game at Lambeau Field
  • ended the Josh McDaniels era with a decisive win against the Raiders on Monday Night Football

• tonight at home v Broncos
  • two weeks from today at Cowboys
They're a tough, resilient team. Haven't been playing their best ball of late but I like where they are at mentally this week. Going back to last year Detroit is 6-0 SU and ATS following a loss.

Ben Johnson and Goff have indicated they want to get back to doing what they do best and return to what worked so well for them offensively the first half of the year. Denver's success is predicated on creating turnovers, but they've been soft versus the run and are the statistically the worst tackling team in the league.

Win tonight and next week v the Vikings and Detroit will clinch the NFC North. Probably locked in as the #3 seed barring some crazy and unlikely spirals from the NFC's Big 3.

Detroit is a year away, they need more dudes on defense; not a Super Bowl contender. Still a monumental step forward to win the division two years after losing 13 games. They're right where they hoped to be when they started the full tear down and rebuild.

This will get overplayed by NFLN but so much of Detroit's DNA is tied to Sean Payton. He is by far the biggest influence on Dan Campbell, coached him 8 of his 11 years and he spent 5 years as Assistant Head Coach. Aaron Glenn was on that Saints staff for 5 years, Alex Anzalone was drafted by Payton. Detroit has had this game circled since the schedules came out.

Detroit is in the same timezone as the east coast.

I've gone back and forth 3-4 times on which team will win in this one. Denver playing better but 3rd straight road game is daunting. Detroit struggling but they do bounce back well and at home.

Switching again.

Detroit 34
Denver 27

The shine is wearing thin on Detroit Blue.
While the burst of Bronco Orange is getting brighter by the week.
Wilson playing better than Goff right now.
Denver D playing better than Detroit D right now.
Sean Peyton did NOT forget how to coach.
If Detroit can run the ball well and stick with it they can win.
If Denver's D slows down the run the Lions are in trouble.
I feared The Big Cats earlier in the season,now I fear another home loss...

Mile High and Getting Higher- 33
Motor City Breakdown- 23
Some kind of haiku?

I'm gonna go a little bold, and say the Lions show up big time, after an embarrassing loss to Chicago.

Lions-31
Broncos-17

The Broncos are a little weak in the middle of the field on defense, so I think St. Brown and LaPorta should have nice bounce back weeks. I could see Gibbs also breaking a long play in there as well.

For Denver, I think Russ needs to be lights out for Denver to win. I think he's gonna be seeing a lot of Aidan Hutchinson, and while he's still mobile, he isn't Justin Fields in that regard, who ran his way out of plenty of sacks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Lions win they clinch a playoff spot right?

I know Denver's run D sucks but we have to get the ball to Amon Ra. No wonder we are struggling. 5 catches over 2 weeks? He needs to be fed.

That might be my least favorite play that teams call. The "our fake will be so effective we don't even need to block the end" feel like for every time there is a wide open guy, there are 3-4 sacks, or throw aways.

Users who are viewing this thread