What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Wildcards-Seattle@Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Comments made here that I agree with:1) these announcers blow the heck out of both announcing teams yesterday - fully listenable, and I agree with most of what is said. I normally can't stand Collingsworth, especially on NFL Live, but he has brought his A-game today.2) Noone reads blocks better than Priest Holmes, but AhMan Green is getting up there. SA is a fine runner, and reads blocks well, but he doesn't "glide" along looking for the holes the way Priest and Ahman do - both runners macth their linemen's feet while they move along patiently looking for the hole. SA looks for where the hole is supposed to be and then goes for it. There's a HUGE difference between those two styles. In a couple years, SA may be where these two guys are. Incidentally - Ricky Williams in 2002 was patient like these two guys as well, and could afford to be. This year . . . 3) The 'hawks are down and out LUCKY to only be a TD down and they should be feeling pretty darned good about themselves right now that they weren't blown out in the first half. The Packers should be kicking themselves for missed opps - including only one TD after three or four drives started near the 50, or inside 'hawks territory.4) GO PACK - I need you to start scoring a chunk o' change to get near the over bet of 43. I bought a point since -7.5 is way too high, but -6.5 has better odds of making a winner out of a 27-20, 27-17 game.5) KRob, MMorris, and SA have all dropped easy passes - it is harder to catch the ball against your body in the cold - you MUST use your fingers and palms even though it hurts. The receivers should all get a good talking to about sucking up the pain in the second half. Hass looks GREAT. If KRob didn't have such hands of stone, I'd draft Hass in the top-10 of QBs. I think the team should pursue TOwens - can you imagine TO lined up opposite DJax?OK, back to the game for (hopefully) a scoring fest in the second half - another 14-18 points out of the Pack, and a couple of late TDs from Seattle, and my betting day goes from uh-oh, to yay.
I think you're gonna get your over, neither of these defenses can stop anyone. as for the spread . . . .

Collinsworth is clearly confused...

On that fourth and one, he asked if Holmgren would go with his bread and butter that got them here.

Actually, that would be Mike Sherman numbnuts.

I noticed that too. he's probably just trying not to screw up as badly as he did last year lambasting the giants for not spiking the ball on the botched field goal.

Excellent game so far.It's starting to set up a bit for me - a nice 3-4 minute fruitless drive for Seattle, then a Favre drive and TD - a final score of 27-20 puts me in perfect position to win a chunk of green today.As long as it goes over 43 (which it is looking like it'll probably do) and the Pack win by a TD (I bought a point to make it 6.5) I am looking really good today.Now let's see if the Pack have any ability to stop the 'hawks through the air - even in the first half, the 'hawks stopped themselves more often than the Pack stopped them.

I'm glad to see the bulk of the nation is getting to see what I watch each week in Alexander. Yes, he has two touchdowns. Yes, he makes nice cuts in the open field. However, he doesn't hit holes hard and has a tendency to "dance" waiting for a big hole. :X I still don't think Alexander is the special player that lots of others want to believe is there. I think the guy who gets to be the Seattle RB is in a great situation. Alexander runs great off tackle and is a terror if he can get through the line of scrimmage.Of course, this makes me a huge Maurice Morris fan. :thumbup:

27-20 - exactly the score I needed to win my early bets AND keep my late teaser bets alive.All the Pack have to do is come up for 2.5 minutes and prevent Seattle from scoring, and I'm in 'da mo-nee.

Green Bay's offensive line is some kinda good. They just took this game over in the second half.
I don't know their FA status, but if that OL stays healthy and together heading into next season, AGreen should be strongly considered as a number one overall selection, along with Priest and LT.

If this goes to OT, the coin flip winner will win it.Let's go Favre..... FG time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well on my action ont he game - the only thing that can save it now is if Favre drives for the TD rather than the FG.

If this game goes to overtime, the team that wins the coin toss will win the game. Both offenses far superior to their opposing defenses.

Is it me, or has Javon Walker been clutch down the stretch for the Packers this year? If Favre returns next year, bump Walker up your draft sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF was that play call before the FG? A run? You needed 5-10 more yards in these conditions. Take a shot with the passing game. What an unbelievably horrible call.

P.S. - easily the best playoff game so far.C'mon Favre - big play downfield to Walker for the TD!
DEFENSIVELY speaking, the Titans/Ravens game was superior.But this has been a great game nonetheless....A Seahawks victory would make it a bit sweeter. ;)

P.S. - easily the best playoff game so far.C'mon Favre - big play downfield to Walker for the TD!
DEFENSIVELY speaking, the Titans/Ravens game was superior.But this has been a great game nonetheless....A Seahawks victory would make it a bit sweeter. ;)
:no: :no:

Users who are viewing this thread