What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (12 Viewers)

His ROY train is running at full speed. Next week, against SF for perhaps the division, could be convincing closing argument.
Could be, indeed. Interesting 3-horse race.If Griffin leads the Skins to the NFC East title (and Seattle doesn't win the West), it will be hard to deny him.

Wilson got his first start for me yesterday when I benched Rodgers and Luck for him. The future is incredibly bright for him, as others said he's got "it". He is remarkably polished for a young QB and isn't reckless with taking hits. I love the way he carries out the play fakes and just about every other aspect of his game. I was a huge fan before the draft and it killed me when my Eagles missed out on him but he's now my new favorite player in the NFL. The game this Sunday will be a fun one to watch!

Im curious where Wilson will be drafted in redraft next year and dynasty.
As a low-level QB1. He's a below-average fantasy QB who will have a big game here and there. Probably represents decent value in the middle of the draft. Maybe QB 10-11 range.
He will be probabky be drafted in that range but I think his ceiling is so much higher than he gets respect for. Especially because of the freedom he has earned to call his shots in the offense. Cuffs are off.

What do the Seahawks need on offense? Can they upgrade the WR spot? Depending on what they do, Wilson could be a much higher draft pick next year.

Right now he will be drafted in the 5th/6th round based on upside. If they upgrade the TE or WR, I could see him drafted at the 4/5 turn. One round higher in the QB6 range.

As a low-level QB1. He's a below-average fantasy QB who will have a big game here and there. Probably represents decent value in the middle of the draft. Maybe QB 10-11 range.
He will be probabky be drafted in that range but I think his ceiling is so much higher than he gets respect for. Especially because of the freedom he has earned to call his shots in the offense. Cuffs are off.
You are welcome to draft him higher obviously. Me, I'll stick with Brees and Brady.

What do the Seahawks need on offense? Can they upgrade the WR spot? Depending on what they do, Wilson could be a much higher draft pick next year. Right now he will be drafted in the 5th/6th round based on upside. If they upgrade the TE or WR, I could see him drafted at the 4/5 turn. One round higher in the QB6 range.
On offense the Seahawks desperately need WR depth. The Hawks GM is a former Packer Front Office guy.... he will likely target a WR in rounds 2-4. The current depth they have is not the best. The other question mark on offense is right tackle in my mind.

What do the Seahawks need on offense? Can they upgrade the WR spot? Depending on what they do, Wilson could be a much higher draft pick next year. Right now he will be drafted in the 5th/6th round based on upside. If they upgrade the TE or WR, I could see him drafted at the 4/5 turn. One round higher in the QB6 range.
On offense the Seahawks desperately need WR depth. The Hawks GM is a former Packer Front Office guy.... he will likely target a WR in rounds 2-4. The current depth they have is not the best. The other question mark on offense is right tackle in my mind.
I think Greg Jennings would be a very nice FA addition for Seattle in the offseason.

Hey guys, I think it's time to start admitting Russell Wilson is and should be considered for ROY.

He is straight ballin... we've never seen a rookie year like this before.

I think Greg Jennings would be a very nice FA addition for Seattle in the offseason.
I like Jennings but he is a bit old for what they are trying to do and I think he will ask for too much money. In addition to that him and Brandon Browner don't get along.http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1218395/fightpack.gif

- Only three rookies QBs in history have passed for over 2500 yards and rushed for over 400: Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III, and Russell Wilson

:goodposting:The guy is the 14th ranked QB this year as a rookie. A game managing rookie for most of the year at that. I see him being drafted as a very safe low end QB1 that has a much higher ceiling. He could be a top 7-10 QB next year especially in leagues like mine that reward higher points for QB rushing yards. If they add an explosive option at WR watch out. With the potential changes in Philly, I'd get on the phone and offer a #2 for Desean Jackson. Rice and Djax on the outside, Tate in the slot. :popcorn:

I like Jennings but he is a bit old for what they are trying to do and I think he will ask for too much money.
Jennings is 29. That's not young but it isn't ancient. I think he'd be a great addition for Seattle. He's a proven No. 1 WR and he'd be a great mentor for the younger WRs like Tate and Baldwin. The big concern would be durability and it'll be interesting to see how much he commands in free agency given his injury issues the last two seasons. But you add Jennings, that pushes Rice into the No. 2 role where I think he's more suited. You'd then have Tate and Baldwin to work as the third and fourth receivers. That's a pretty deep and talented group for Wilson to throw to.

3 rushing Tds and a passing td at half :thumbup:
Wait...I thought rushing TD's did not count? Or, is that only when Andrew Luck has them?
Luck is running from the goal line moreso like a RB for his rushing TDs. Wilson scrambled and broke big plays to score his rushing TDs. It's like comparing Cam Newton's 72 yard TD run vs a QB sneak by Brady from the 1 yard line as the same thing cause they are both "rushing" TDs.Luck has 5 rushing TDs

-3 yards

-3 yards

-5 yards

-5 yards

-1 yard

Wilson has 3 rushing TDs (granted all came in one game)

-14 yards

-25 yards

-13 yards

Last edited by a moderator:
'ImTheScientist said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/85349/qbr-ranks-canton-calls-on-this-showing

"Wilson became the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to finish a game with at least one touchdown pass, three rushing touchdowns and 90 yards rushing. The Pro Football Hall of Fame recognized the performance by acquiring Wilson's game uniform for display in Canton. "

Pretty cool honor for the rookie.
While it was a great game, it is a very arbitrary "record" and seems ridiculous. One TD pass, 3 rushing TDs, 90 yards rushing, playing in Canada, in an alternate uniform, below 6 feet tall, african american, with a caucasian wife.

'ImTheScientist said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/85349/qbr-ranks-canton-calls-on-this-showing

"Wilson became the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to finish a game with at least one touchdown pass, three rushing touchdowns and 90 yards rushing. The Pro Football Hall of Fame recognized the performance by acquiring Wilson's game uniform for display in Canton. "

While it was a great game, it is a very arbitrary "record" and seems ridiculous. One TD pass, 3 rushing TDs, 90 yards rushing, playing in Canada, in an alternate uniform, below 6 feet tall, african american, with a caucasian wife.
Jersey in Canton is a jersey in Canton. Would you complain?

'ImTheScientist said:

:lmao:

'ImTheScientist said:

Can't even express how happy I am that Wilson's outstanding rookie year will be forever honored in Canton in the second worst Seahawks uniform of all time. I'm glad it's there, but damn.

Looking ahead to next year, what do you all think Wilson's rushing attempts will be like? He's been all over the place this year, from 1 to 9. Does he see more designed runs next year, or do they try to keep him protected?

'ImTheScientist said:

Can't even express how happy I am that Wilson's outstanding rookie year will be forever honored in Canton in the second worst Seahawks uniform of all time. I'm glad it's there, but damn.
I love Wolf Grey! It's significantly better than the white uniforms IMO

Looking ahead to next year, what do you all think Wilson's rushing attempts will be like? He's been all over the place this year, from 1 to 9. Does he see more designed runs next year, or do they try to keep him protected?
He is getting quite a few more rushing attempts because the Seahawks are running a lot more zone-read option plays in the last 5 weeks. I think the Seahawks will certainly use it next yeat as well because it slows down passing rushing DEs and opens up running lanes, but maybe not as much as they currently are at this moment. I just wouldn't take the last half of the season and pro-rate that for the 2013 season.ETA: A lot of RW's rushing attempts at the start of the season were busted plays where he scrambled out of the pocket way too quickly. In the 2nd half of the season, they are designed runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ImTheScientist said:

I love Wolf Grey! It's significantly better than the white uniforms IMO
In what way is it better, much less significanly? The way it highlights the sweat pools? The way it doesn't really distinguish itself well from the background turf on TV? It's so completely blase, it looks like someone left a pen in their pocket in the laundry. Might look decent with blue pants, but grey on grey is the most bland, unflattering uniforms I think I've seen in the pros. Give me white on white any day and 3 times on Sunday.** whites with blue pants = stunning

Just glad to see this thread no longer being about Andrew Luck.

News flash...you can like RW without hating Luck (and vice versa).

Wilson and the Seahawks offense have posted the most points over their last 10 quarters since the 1950 Rams.

This kid and his accomplishments have been incredibly impressive for any QB, never mind a rookie and a guy who was supposed to flop because of his sub "six foot stature"

My prior stance two weeks ago that Wilson was running third in the ROY voting was truly how I felt. It wasn't meant to rile anyone up in here. That said, I'm man enough to say that I've changed my mind. Tonight did the trick.

Wilson should be the ROY.

Users who are viewing this thread