What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (8 Viewers)

While we are on the subject of cherry picking, can someone please tell me what QB has the best passer rating of all time in the 2nd quarter of road games when the game time temperature was between 36 and 55 degrees?
I would guess Russell Wilson.

Anyways, do you really feel weeks 8-17 are cherry picking? Thats half the season.
Anything that attempts to put Wilson in the same sentence as QB's who have HOF careers in a Fanshot is cherry picking. You should had seen what Niners Nation was trying to do with Alex Smith.
Stats are the stats. If kaepernick did the same thing I would accept it and recognize the accomplishment. 38 pages later and people still doubt.

While we are on the subject of cherry picking, can someone please tell me what QB has the best passer rating of all time in the 2nd quarter of road games when the game time temperature was between 36 and 55 degrees?
I would guess Russell Wilson.

Anyways, do you really feel weeks 8-17 are cherry picking? Thats half the season.
Anything that attempts to put Wilson in the same sentence as QB's who have HOF careers in a Fanshot is cherry picking. You should had seen what Niners Nation was trying to do with Alex Smith.
Stats are the stats. If kaepernick did the same thing I would accept it and recognize the accomplishment. 38 pages later and people still doubt.
I don't doubt Wilson in the least. But Fanshot's from fan blogs really don't mean much. There was one years back that was trying to make Shaun Hill into Steve Young with a one game passer rating. I wound up fleshing out the rest of the his game stats, to which he got indignant and now writes for Bleacher Report posting how the 49ers are the greatest organization in all the history of sports.

It will be interesting to see if the Hawks can take the next step. They were good. But had no major injuries to key players and kind of caught teams by surprise. 11-5* is a good solid season. But making the jump to 12-4 or 13-3 is another story altogether. Not sneaking up on anyone this year.

not sneaking up on anyone would be better for Wilson. He was crazy efficient but he did not have many pass attempts. Assuming not "sneaking up on anyone" means they will allows more points--The more he throws, the much more fantasy uber studly he is (is that a word?) :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pick, fell right to a team which gives him a great chance for success. He'll end up being one of the top 2 QBs coming out of this years draft. :drive:
Any thoughts on this now? I know people laughed orriginally when I said it. However, now even some in the national media are saying this. They feel if the NFL draft happened again and people now know what they know that it would go:

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

First three picks. Thoughts?

Great pick, fell right to a team which gives him a great chance for success. He'll end up being one of the top 2 QBs coming out of this years draft. :drive:
Any thoughts on this now? I know people laughed orriginally when I said it. However, now even some in the national media are saying this. They feel if the NFL draft happened again and people now know what they know that it would go:

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

I don't think you could get Indy to admit they'd pick anyone other than Luck or Washington to admit they'd pick anyone other than RGIII. But I think there is little question that Wilson (in retrospect) should have been at worst the third QB taken, and, if there was a do over, I think it's clear he would have been a top 10 pick. I posted something similar to this during the season last year, and a few posters disagreed. But none of them have posted in this thread since then...

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

I am a Wilson dynasty owner, but I am not sure about this - unless by "knowing what they know now" you include that RGIII is injured. Wilson clearly should have been in the conversation with the other 2 leading up to the draft. While Wilson is closer to the other 2 (i.e. right there with RGIII, IMHO) I don't think it's a given that he should have gone ahead of RGIII. You could make arguments either way - and I would still put Luck a slight bit a head of either - especially in terms of the NFL draft...now, for FF purposes, a case could be made for any of the 3 depending on your scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

I am a Wilson dynasty owner, but I am not sure about this - unless by "knowing what they know now" you include that RGIII is injured. Wilson clearly should have been in the conversation with the other 2 leading up to the draft. While Wilson is closer to the other 2 (i.e. right there with RGIII, IMHO) I don't think it's a given that he should have gone ahead of RGIII. You could make arguments either way - and I would still put Luck a slight bit a head of either - especially in terms of the NFL draft...now, for FF purposes, a case could be made for any of the 3 depending on your scoring.

1) Luck

2) Wilson

3) RGIII

RGIII injury scares me in FF.

I like Luck and Wilson this year in scenarios where I wait a bit for a QB.

I'm a fan, reached for him when i didnt need him, I was gonna start him this week, but the weather scared me away.

I gues lesson learned, Never bench R Wilson for weather in Sea.

Glad I have him, even tho I'm digging out of RB hell becuase I took him as a luxury...

Through 3 weeks (pending tonight's matchup):

Wilson is tied for first in the NFL in YPA at 9.1

He is on pace for 3173 yards passing and 32 TDs.

Also on pace for 288 yards rushing.

This is despite sitting out roughly a half yesterday and struggling in one game.

Weird, because it seems to me that he's been playing below his level from last year. Overthrows, taking hits, sacks. Maybe the offseason was so hagiographic that mere mortal output seems lowly.

Weird, because it seems to me that he's been playing below his level from last year. Overthrows, taking hits, sacks. Maybe the offseason was so hagiographic that mere mortal output seems lowly.
He definitely hasn't been as sharp as he was during the second half and playoffs last season. But he's still great. And will only get better. Of course you know this. Point is I agree with you.

mad sweeney said:
:goodposting:

CapnJB said:
ImTheScientist said:
After 3 games he has a 109 QB Raiting. That ranks him 3rd amongst ALL QBs.

:cool:
With the 70th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select..... a punter.

A punter or Russell Wilson.... Russell Wilson or a punter. You've got to work extra hard to make a decision THAT bad.
Great post. :lmao:

Wilson is too small for the position and will not succeed in a conventional offense at this level.
This is just a random pull from earlier in this thread but I think a lot of people really misjudged Wilson based on his height. He's not a monster in the FF realm but he's got it.

10-0 at home

15-5 in regular season games.

1-1 in the playoffs.

Not a horrible start to a career. And he's probably going to get better.

BusterTBronco said:
Luck > Wilson
Not that I necessarily agree, but....so? Manning > Wilson. Brees > Wilson. Brady > Wilson. Last year the conversation was Luck vs. RG3. I'm happy taking it one step at a time.

There are too many people who are 2/10 trolling Seahawks fans right now. It's pretty funny.

Shortie was over-rated coming in and now it is clear he ain't winning any Superbowls. He is lucky to have a D and running game. One of these years injuries will force him to win a game and he will not be able to.

Shortie was over-rated coming in and now it is clear he ain't winning any Superbowls. He is lucky to have a D and running game. One of these years injuries will force him to win a game and he will not be able to.
I'd say he's closer than Cutler.
I don't think he's much of a talent, but he's an above-average game manager, which is all he should attempt to be...and is all Seattle should want him to be. :shrug:

A slightly less gifted Alex Smith, but a few steps up from Trent Dilfer. Seattle's defense is obviously not in the same league as the BAL one was, but the combo should be enough to get them 10-11 wins and a playoff berth again. :shrug:

I don't think he's much of a talent, but he's an above-average game manager, which is all he should attempt to be...and is all Seattle should want him to be. :shrug:

A slightly less gifted Alex Smith, but a few steps up from Trent Dilfer. Seattle's defense is obviously not in the same league as the BAL one was, but the combo should be enough to get them 10-11 wins and a playoff berth again. :shrug:
:lmao:

:fishing:

I don't think he's much of a talent, but he's an above-average game manager, which is all he should attempt to be...and is all Seattle should want him to be. :shrug: A slightly less gifted Alex Smith, but a few steps up from Trent Dilfer. Seattle's defense is obviously not in the same league as the BAL one was, but the combo should be enough to get them 10-11 wins and a playoff berth again. :shrug:
Nice ITS in reverse fishing trip

I don't think he's much of a talent, but he's an above-average game manager, which is all he should attempt to be...and is all Seattle should want him to be. :shrug: A slightly less gifted Alex Smith, but a few steps up from Trent Dilfer. Seattle's defense is obviously not in the same league as the BAL one was, but the combo should be enough to get them 10-11 wins and a playoff berth again. :shrug:
Nice ITS in reverse fishing trip
ITS > Man of Zen.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2392230/Russell-Wilson-closing-in-on-NFL-record

Seahawks' Russell Wilson closing in on NFL record
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson is now one of five starting quarterbacks in the Super Bowl Era to win at least 20 games in his first two NFL seasons. Since 1966, only Ben Roethlisberger (22), Dan Marino (21), Matt Ryan (20) and Joe Flacco (20) have reached that total.
Funny the 3 active QBs are a collective 9-18 right now.

Well he just got drafted by the Texas Rangers.

The Texas Rangers made a surprise pick in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft, normally an event that simply ends baseball's winter meetings with little fanfare.

On Thursday at Walt Disney World, the Rangers decided they wanted some of the Wilson magic on their team and selected the former second baseman, taking him from the Colorado Rockies system. It cost them $12,000 to do so and he goes on the club's restricted list because he's in the NFL.

Cian Fahey of Football Outsiders wrote a very detailed article on Russell Wilson which was published today.

Wilson is clearly on that elite quarterback level. He may not be residing in the upper class level of the elite with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning just yet, but based on this season he is clearly at least on par with Drew Brees and above Tom Brady.Even if he's not today, it appears inevitable that Russell Wilson will someday be the best quarterback in the NFL
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-russell-wilson

Cian Fahey of Football Outsiders wrote a very detailed article on Russell Wilson which was published today.

Wilson is clearly on that elite quarterback level. He may not be residing in the upper class level of the elite with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning just yet, but based on this season he is clearly at least on par with Drew Brees and above Tom Brady.Even if he's not today, it appears inevitable that Russell Wilson will someday be the best quarterback in the NFL
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-russell-wilson
That pass to Baldwin was absolutely beautiful, perfect, a difference maker.

He's coming off a pretty rough last couple of games but I think you'll see Wilson remind everyone why he is a candidate for MVP runner-up in this last Rams game and in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread