What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton - WR - Colts

Updating a previous item, T.Y. Hilton (hamstring, questionable) stated "I don't know" when asked if he will play Sunday against the Cowboys.

It's a red flag because players are typically overly optimistic about their own odds of playing. "I don't know," conceded Hilton, who did not practice all week. "I'm going to go talk to Coach. Did some field work. I feel all right. So I'm going to go talk to him and see what's up." Hilton is officially a game-time decision, but we're still guessing he won't play. "If our conversation goes well and (Pagano) wants me to play, then I'll play," T.Y. added. "If not, I'll sit out."

Source: Indianapolis Star

Dec 19 - 2:28 PM
http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/12/19/ty-hilton-dallas-cowboys-gosder-cherilus-injury/20646661/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton - WR - Colts

ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells believes "it would be surprising" if T.Y. Hilton (questionable, hamstring) played Sunday at Dallas.

The Colts have already locked up the AFC South. From a postseason standpoint, the only reason they'd want to ensure a win in Sunday's game would be to avoid the No. 4 seed, which could end up as trip to New England in the Divisional Round. If the Colts are going to do anything in the playoffs, however, they need Hilton's hamstring healthy first and foremost. He's on the doubtful side of his questionable tag for Sunday's game at JerryWorld.

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 19 - 3:14 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports T.Y. Hilton (hamstring) will try to play Week 16 against the Cowboys but is a "longshot."

Look for Hilton to test out his gimpy hammy in warmups, but we're not expecting Hilton to suit up for the 4:25 ET kickoff -- especially with the Colts having little to play for. Owners need to have other plans in place. "If he's not 100 percent, can't open it up and be TY, then there's no sense putting him out there," coach Chuck Pagano said. If Hilton ultimately doesn't play, Donte Moncrief will see an expanded role in two- and three-wide sets next to Reggie Wayne and Hakeem Nicks. Moncrief is the preferred plug-n-play as he has the freshest legs and has out-snapped Nicks badly the last few weeks.

Related: Donte Moncrief

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 21 - 9:22 AM

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton secured 4-of-9 targets for 72 yards in the Colts' Divisional Round win over the Broncos.

The Broncos oddly matched up Aqib Talib on Hilton -- rather than Chris Harris Jr. -- and T.Y. made them pay. Hilton's first catch went for 20 yards, beating Talib on an inside slant. Hilton again beat Talib late in the first quarter for a gain of 23. Hilton also drew a pass-interference flag on Talib early in the second quarter, setting up Dwayne Allen's TD. The Colts now head to Foxboro for the AFC title game. When the Patriots and Colts played during the regular season, New England primarily assigned slot CB Kyle Arrington to Hilton, with Darrelle Revis on Reggie Wayne. We'd expect Hilton to see more of Revis in the rematch.

Jan 11 - 7:57 PM

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton caught one pass for 36 yards in Sunday's 45-7 AFC Championship Game loss at New England.

Instead of sticking Darrelle Revis on Hilton, the Patriots used Kyle Arrington and a safety over the top to shut him down. Hilton shouldn't hang his head as Bill Belichick defenses eliminate the opponent's top weapon weekly. Still, it's a disappointing end to a breakout season for Hilton, who cemented his "born playmaker" reputation by going 83-1,345-7 as Andrew Luck's No. 1 option. There's always going to be inconsistency when we're talking about a 5'9/178 wideout, but Hilton is unique player operating with a generational quarterback. He'll be a strong WR2 at worst in 2015, the final year of his rookie contract.

Jan 18 - 10:23 PM

What did he do in the Super Bowl? It's one thing to beat bad DBs on a weak playoff team. It's another when you're facing an elite DB and/or elite coaching scheme. He's no Antonio Brown.
Antonio Brown had 1 catch for 1 yard in the super bowl...

What did he do in the Super Bowl? It's one thing to beat bad DBs on a weak playoff team. It's another when you're facing an elite DB and/or elite coaching scheme. He's no Antonio Brown.
How'd the Steelers do that game?

How'd the Steelers do that game?
this is like a twilight zone episode. They lost, right?

hilton has been pretty good in the playoffs tho
The problem is that he's not a #1. The Colts aren't taking things at their will. They're taking what the other team gives them. Yesterday was a perfect example. If the Pats want to take TY out, he's not good enough. I know it also depends on the talent around him, but I've just seen it enough. The Chiefs game last year was out of the norm last year as the Colts were playing from way behind and the Chiefs were playing a soft zone.

Now, could Hilton serve as the #1 if the Colts get a dominating O-line and RB who demands respect? Sure. But, in the Colts current state, sorry, not a true #1. Great for fantasy purposes, yep. The guy to take the Colts to the promised land? Nope. Just my viewpoint, but what do I know? :D

ya the guy who put up 1345 and 7 in 15 games and has averaged over 100 yards a playoff game is a "no 2." sweet analysis. sweet arbitrary distinction as well.

hilton has been pretty good in the playoffs tho
The problem is that he's not a #1. The Colts aren't taking things at their will. They're taking what the other team gives them. Yesterday was a perfect example. If the Pats want to take TY out, he's not good enough. I know it also depends on the talent around him, but I've just seen it enough. The Chiefs game last year was out of the norm last year as the Colts were playing from way behind and the Chiefs were playing a soft zone.Now, could Hilton serve as the #1 if the Colts get a dominating O-line and RB who demands respect? Sure. But, in the Colts current state, sorry, not a true #1. Great for fantasy purposes, yep. The guy to take the Colts to the promised land? Nope. Just my viewpoint, but what do I know? :D
Maybe other than jerry rice I don't think a wr has ever taken a team to the promise land. So that's kind of unfair to slight Ty cuz he hasn't done it.

And if the qualification for being a number one wr is that you can't be taken out of a game, then number one wrs don't exist. Not even calvin fits the bill.

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton has re-hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent.

Andrew Luck is the more ballyhooed Colt entering the final year of his rookie contract, but Hilton was the home run hit by GM Ryan Grigson in the third round of that 2012 draft. He's under contract for just one more season and eligible for an extension. Despite his small stature, Hilton can play on the outside much like Mike Wallace. The Colts may lock up both Luck and Hilton this offseason. Luck will be top priority. Hilton will likely be looking for close to $10 million annually.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 17 - 9:47 PM

Rotoworld:

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said the addition of Andre Johnson should take pressure off T.Y. Hilton.

With Reggie Wayne and Hakeem Nicks fading fast, Hilton was Andrew Luck's no-doubt No. 1 receiver last season. He'll still occupy that role in 2015 but Johnson is dangerous enough to attract defenders, which means Hilton shouldn't see as many double-teams. For a wideout who relies on speed rather than physicality, that extra breathing room will be an enormous benefit. Just 25 years old, Hilton has a chance to actually improve on last year's 82-1,345-7 line.

Related: Andre Johnson

Source: Kevin Bowen on Twitter
Mar 24 - 11:32 AM

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton's long-term future with the Colts is unclear.

Hilton is heading into the final year of his rookie deal and the Colts just selected his clone, Phillip Dorsett with the 29th overall pick. They're also currently working on a mammoth extension for Andrew Luck, which will squeeze their cap significantly. So while Hilton's re-draft stock for 2015 is intact, his Dynasty prospects are on shaky ground. He'd take a big hit if he's not playing with Luck, indoors and for a team that led the NFL in pass attempts last year.

Related: Phillip Dorsett

May 7 - 8:18 AM

Rotoworld:

Indy Sports Central's Mike Chappell is "convinced" T.Y. Hilton will wait until after the season before considering re-signing with the Colts.

Turning 26 in November, Hilton is entering a contract year. Owner Jim Irsay has expressed confidence that the Colts would extend Hilton, but Chappell isn't sold after hearing GM Ryan Grigson discuss the situation on Thursday. The Colts may want to lock up Andrew Luck before considering pouring money into Hilton, especially after drafting Phillip Dorsett in the first round.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Contract-year WR T.Y. Hilton is not expected give the Colts any hometown discount.

Hilton was licking his chops Wednesday as Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas netted $70 million contracts. "All this BREAKING NEWS. Does this mean the bar is set?? #THEGHOST," he tweeted. Hilton is not expected to do a deal prior to the season, meaning he'll hit unrestricted free agency in eight months unless he's franchise tagged. The Colts, who will be paying Andrew Luck soon, are going to struggle to keep him in town. They prepared for that possibility by drafting a Hilton clone in Phillip Dorsett at No. 29 overall.

Related: Phillip Dorsett

Jul 16 - 9:11 AM

He's realistically looking more into the 'Maclin' salary range then your 'Bryant' range. Suspect he'll need to test FA to find out for himself though.

The writing is on the wall. The Colts are definitely preparing to let Hilton walk after this season and I believe they would be stupid to overpay him considering their WR depth. If they can keep him for a decent price they will, but for those of you who own Hilton in dynasty leagues you probably should be in sell mode. It's probably too late to trade him to savvy dynasty owners for good value but I'm sure you can find a few owners out there that will give you decent value right now, but that won't be for long. Who knows what situation he will end up in, but not having Andrew Luck throw you the ball is a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agent's Take: Five receivers set to cash in after Dez, Demaryius deals

Excerpt:

T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts: Hilton raised the question on Twitter shortly after Thomas and Bryant signed about whether the bar has been set for him. The 2012 third-round pick isn't quite in the same class as the newly signed duo. He will benefit from the ripple effect of their deals, which should make it much easier to eclipse Mike Wallace's deal.

Hilton, one of the NFL's premier deep threats, had a monster first half of the 2014 season with 53 receptions and 866 receiving yards before tailing off considerably. The drop off was partially because of a late season hamstring injury. He finished the season with 82 receptions, 1,345 receiving yards (6th in the NFL) and seven receiving touchdowns.

Colts owner Jim Irsay has indicated that he would like to sign Hilton to a new deal sooner rather than later. It remains to be seen whether Hilton, who has made $1,977,400 in his three NFL seasons, plays out the final year of his four year rookie contract for his scheduled $1.542 million salary.

The somewhat surprising selection of speedster Phillip Dorsett with the 29th overall pick in this year's draft gives the Colts additional leverage and flexibility in Hilton's situation. Hilton will be a prime candidate for Indianapolis' franchise tag in 2016 if he plays out his contract.

JohnnyU said:
Faust said:
The writing is on the wall. The Colts are definitely preparing to let Hilton walk after this season and I believe they would be stupid to overpay him considering their WR depth. If they can keep him for a decent price they will, but for those of you who own Hilton in dynasty leagues you probably should be in sell mode. It's probably too late to trade him to savvy dynasty owners for good value but I'm sure you can find a few owners out there that will give you decent value right now, but that won't be for long. Who knows what situation he will end up in, but not having Andrew Luck throw you the ball is a bad thing.
You've got much more insight than me on this, but Irsay seems like he might be crazy enough to push hard for a Hilton re-signing, whatever the cost, to keep Luck surrounded with sexy weapons, even if you or I might say "well obviously they're stacked at WR" (although Moncreif is no sure thing, Andre's time is limited, and Dorsett hasn't hit the field yet).

JohnnyU said:
Faust said:
A year ago everyone was saying the same thing about Cobb.

GB also drafted 3 WRs last year. I think Indy is less well prepared to replace Hilton than GB was to replace Cobb. I don't think Dorsett replaces Hilton (will not be a 80 reception guy any time soon), and Moncrief is less well prepared to step in than Adams IMO.

GB also drafted 3 WRs last year. I think Indy is less well prepared to replace Hilton than GB was to replace Cobb. I don't think Dorsett replaces Hilton (will not be a 80 reception guy any time soon), and Moncrief is less well prepared to step in than Adams IMO.
damn, you're wrong on both accounts.

Do you have an opinion if this would effect TY's numbers this year? If I were the Colts and I knew TY wasn't a part of the future, I'd want to get the other guys as much playing time as possible.

Do you have an opinion if this would effect TY's numbers this year? If I were the Colts and I knew TY wasn't a part of the future, I'd want to get the other guys as much playing time as possible.
They want to win a super bowl, they'll play their best players (Hilton)

They won't play Hilton any less this year.

They want to win a super bowl, they'll play their best players (Hilton)
Exactly. And you don't worry about overplaying someone you have no plans to bring back.

Users who are viewing this thread