What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers (1 Viewer)

prgromek

Footballguy
maybe a lot

it looks like his role is increasing at just the right time for his owners

full-blown committee in the ATL

Snaps have been pretty even for a lot of the season, Tampa's just tougher between the tackles than outside so it made sense for Quizz to see more snaps than Turner last week. New Orleans just sucks everywhere so I don't think there will be any matchups Atlanta tries to exploit, so it'll be a similar gameplan as most weeks. Quizz just isn't anything special between the tackles, he does his work in space, his tough yardage work in college just hasn't translated to the pros.

Last 5 weeks in PPR:

13.0 pts, 8 carries, 5 targets, 39% offensive snaps

9.3 pts, 3 carries, 5 targets, 37%

10.2 pts, 3 carries, 4 targets, 41%

10.1 pts, 5 carries, 6 targets, 47%

15.9 pts, 10 carries, 2 targets, 52%

Even assuming he doesn't get more work, we're probably looking at a minimum of 10 pts, with possible upside from Turner's decresed snaps, Saints poor run D, higher scoring game.

I'll take that solid 10-15+ out of my last flex spot.

Last 5 weeks in PPR:13.0 pts, 8 carries, 5 targets, 39% offensive snaps9.3 pts, 3 carries, 5 targets, 37%10.2 pts, 3 carries, 4 targets, 41%10.1 pts, 5 carries, 6 targets, 47% 15.9 pts, 10 carries, 2 targets, 52%Even assuming he doesn't get more work, we're probably looking at a minimum of 10 pts, with possible upside from Turner's decresed snaps, Saints poor run D, higher scoring game.I'll take that solid 10-15+ out of my last flex spot.
Good points - and I agree that he has a legitimate chance of putting up some good numbers tonight given the matchup and high liklehood of a shootout.However, I'm still struggling. I've got to fill 2 spots on my roster in a PPR with 1.5 PPR for TE's choosing from this bunch:- Quizz- McFadden- Brandon LaFell- Torrey Smith- Kyle RudolphHaving a real rough time commiting to the two I think have the best chance to put up big numbers.

Jacquizz Rodgers unsure of role with Atlanta Falcons
By Dan Hanzus

Around the League Writer

Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith said last February that Jacquizz Rodgers had the ability to be a three-down back in the NFL.

Then the Falcons went out and signed Steven Jackson, only one of the game's most durable and productive three-down backs of the last decade.

When he was sharing the workload with Michael Turner, Rodgers had a defined role as a change-of-pace back who stayed on the field in passing situations. Things are more hazy with Jackson, who, like Rodgers, possesses a versatile skill set. Jackson generally was good for about 40 receptions per season during his time with the St. Louis Rams. He had 90 catches during his bananas 2006 season.

Rodgers isn't sure what his role is at this time, but he says he'll be ready.

"When I get in the game, I'm going to try to make my plays and try to get my number called more often," Rodgers said during last week's minicamp, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I'll try to make every carry and every catch count."

Jackson turns 30 in July and has more than 10,000 yards on his ledger, numbers that tell us Rodgers is going to get some opportunities. It's a Super Bowl-or-bust season in Atlanta, and the Falcons want to try to keep Jackson fresh into February. Rodgers will play a big part toward that goal.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

Anyone rolling with Jacquizz this week? I think we're looking at 5 to 8 catches with at least 60 total yards. The upside is there for a big game if he gets around 20 touches.

I think I'm starting him over Ryan Matthews in a PPR league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone seems to be writing him off as someone who just isn't good so naturally, I would assume he will explode.

Everyone seems to be writing him off as someone who just isn't good so naturally, I would assume he will explode.
The only way for Quizz to explode would be via a multi-touchdown day (Snelling will likely get the GL work) because he's actually everything but explosive. People are writing him off for good reason as he's actually rather slow and will only pick up what's blocked for him. That being said, he actually has a decently high floor in PPR as far as flex's go, I just wouldn't expect him to win someone their week.

I was high on him last year almost solely due to the fact the Turner was on his way out and he showed absolutely nothing. Snelling is the more talented back.

The only way for Quizz to explode would be via a multi-touchdown day (Snelling will likely get the GL work) because he's actually everything but explosive. People are writing him off for good reason as he's actually rather slow and will only pick up what's blocked for him. That being said, he actually has a decently high floor in PPR as far as flex's go, I just wouldn't expect him to win someone their week.

I was high on him last year almost solely due to the fact the Turner was on his way out and he showed absolutely nothing. Snelling is the more talented back.
I don't need that in PPR. Give me 6 catches, 80 total yards and a TD and I'll be very happy.

Comparing him to Snelling is like calling Pierre Thomas a more talented back than Sproles.

I don't need that in PPR. Give me 6 catches, 80 total yards and a TD and I'll be very happy.

Comparing him to Snelling is like calling Pierre Thomas a more talented back than Sproles.
Yes, we've discussed this, your'e completely content and can acknowledge his rather high floor/low ceiling.

As for the comparison to Snelling, he's just more talented as it pertains to his role. For instance, the gap between PT and Snelling is much smaller than the gap between Sproles and Quizz.

It took all of 2 rushing attempts for Snelling to out rush Quizz last week and Quizz carried the ball 9 more times (11 to 2). Snelling was even a bigger factor in the passing game, catching 4 balls for 41 yards (Quizz caught 4 for 28). After watching both of them play, it was apparent to me at least who the more talented back was.

Yes, we've discussed this, your'e completely content and can acknowledge his rather high floor/low ceiling.

As for the comparison to Snelling, he's just more talented as it pertains to his role. For instance, the gap between PT and Snelling is much smaller than the gap between Sproles and Quizz.

It took all of 2 rushing attempts for Snelling to out rush Quizz last week and Quizz carried the ball 9 more times (11 to 2). Snelling was even a bigger factor in the passing game, catching 4 balls for 41 yards (Quizz caught 4 for 28). After watching both of them play, it was apparent to me at least who the more talented back was.
I think we're actually in agreement with Quizz.

As for Snelling, I've seen enough of him to think he's not going to produce much as a lead back. Given his history I'm willing to bet that last week's numbers were a fluke.

Snelling > J Rogers

Snelling better short term solution for fantasy

look at Rodgers recent per carry average :(

both will get touches this week whoever gets a TD will be the play, Rodgers a td? not likely Rodgers is fools gold

P Thomas is better long term solution but none of these will win your league or week for you

Snelling > J Rogers

both will get touches this week whoever gets a TD will be the play, Rodgers a td? not likely Rodgers is fools gold

P Thomas is better long term solution but none of these will win your league or week for you
This and this.

Snelling > J Rogers

This and this.
Not tonight! Two TD runs, 4 yds and 19 yds, for Jacquizz.

Can Rodgers maintain some PPR value when Steven Jackson is healthy?
Maybe desperation flex but as a handcuff he's very valuable. Who knows how this Julio injury will affect both him and SJax. I would think it give them a slight bump.

Snelling > J Rogers

This and this.
The 19 yarder would have been his, regardless, IMO, but the 4 yarder would have probably been Snelling's opp, except he was out for a a concussion.

I'm not sure when the concussion occurred, but I don't remember him playing much in the 2nd half.

I don't expect Jackson to come back and become some workhorse. He'll miss more time I think. Quizz could be playoff gold.

Snelling > J Rogers

This and this.
The 19 yarder would have been his, regardless, IMO, but the 4 yarder would have probably been Snelling's opp, except he was out for a a concussion.I'm not sure when the concussion occurred, but I don't remember him playing much in the 2nd half.
Snelling had three touches on the next drive after that 4 yard TD.

:)

Seems Jacquizz Rodgers might be a real good PPR Rb right about now and a decent RB in standard leagues.

Jackson is still out with no timetable yet as to when he'll get back.

The Falcons receiving corp is a mess, Gonzalez will be the main focus of all opposing defenses from now on. Also, the Falcons probably won't be very good from now on and likely will be in catch up mode in most games. It could lead to a lot more dump off passes to Jacquizz who already has been seeing quite a few targets.

Seems Jacquizz Rodgers might be a real good PPR Rb right about now and a decent RB in standard leagues.

Jackson is still out with no timetable yet as to when he'll get back.

The Falcons receiving corp is a mess, Gonzalez will be the main focus of all opposing defenses from now on. Also, the Falcons probably won't be very good from now on and likely will be in catch up mode in most games. It could lead to a lot more dump off passes to Jacquizz who already has been seeing quite a few targets.
I agree. i find it really odd that many sites have him ranked very low. like 30+. TB isnt that good against the run and they might be without roddy. i figure he should get a lot of dump offs and runs. Doesnt anybody else think that he cemented the starter role after his game against the jets D?

Matty Checkdown now has no deep threat. 95% of his throws should be within 10 yards of the LOS. I assume this is good for Rodgers.

Hes still on my WW.

I rostered Joseph Randle this week for a plug-and-play while Murray is out. Is this a mistake?

It seems Jacquizz is putting up decent numbers, I'm actually surprised that I dont have any interest in him. And I'm not the only one. Why is this? He's literally only starting in 10% of ESPN leagues and only rostered in about 70%. With Jackson out, I'm surprised this isn't much higher. Hes putting up legitimate RB2 numbers the past 3 weeks.

Very good back. Shift and has great speed. I have him on a few teams
Are you talking about Quizz here? He's terrible. Not a very good back.
Since week 3 he's the #14 RB in PPR - that's better than Sproles.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post.
u said that hes terrible. But since sjax has been out he is the 14th best rb while spkitting carries. Hes not terrible.

Definitely not terrible. Rodgers has talent and skill, and has shouldered a lot of the load while SJAX has been out and has looked solid doing it.

I think his only downside is that Snelling will be involved, and while he and Rodgers are different backs, they still share a similar skill set in being versatile on the ground and catching passes out of the backfield. Both Rodgers and Snelling will definitely be serviceable, and I actually like Rodgers upside slightly better.

I drafted Quizz when he was the clear #2 in preseason, knowing SJAX would ail aat some point. Rodgers has been a solid flex option nearly every week. That said, in a PPR I may be more intrigued like a guy like Ogbannaya -- again, similar skill set as Rodgers, but a much different back than the starter on his own team McGahee, and one who will not get his receptions trimmed like Rodgers will by Snelling.

ldizzle said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
cstu said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
SportsGuru311 said:
Since week 3 he's the #14 RB in PPR - that's better than Sproles.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post.
u said that hes terrible. But since sjax has been out he is the 14th best rb while spkitting carries. Hes not terrible.
The 14th best fantasy RB, because he's getting the touches, sure.

He's not a good NFL running back.

I also thought he was not a good running back, but the last few games he's looked very different. Much more decisive and strong.

I also thought he was not a good running back, but the last few games he's looked very different. Much more decisive and strong.
3.4 YPC, including those last few games. On an offense with crazy WR/TE weapons to keep defenses from stacking the box (not anymore though)

He's not a good RB. He's just a guy.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good Quiz looked a couple weeks ago when I got my first extended view of him this year. Honestly thought he looked like a quality NFL starter.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good Quiz looked a couple weeks ago when I got my first extended view of him this year. Honestly thought he looked like a quality NFL starter.
Same. I inherited him on a dynasty reclamation project and after reviewing his past tape, I was dead set on trying to get rid of him. That didn't work and lately I've been surprised at his improvement. He looked scared in the past, but now he's using his low center of gravity to attack holes. There may be some hope yet.

He looked awful in the preseason and the few early games but he's come on to look very good from a PPR perspective.

In the fantasy roundtable, Greg Russell brought up the idea that Jacquizz Rodgers could be a beneficiary of the injuries to the Falcons WR corps, and I think it's an interesting idea. Everyone is assuming Harry Douglas could make a tier jump, but why not Rodgers? He's played well thus far, and with Jackson returning (eventually), they could try and find other ways to get him on the field. The line is bad, so having a safety valve like Rodgers (assuming Gonzalez is facing a lot of double coverage) in a Sproles/Woodhead type role may be just what he needs.

I haven't seen much of Rodgers live, so I don't know if he fits this role, but is this someone that could be a buy low candidate, as owners are presuming he'll be worthless if/when Jackson returns?

In the fantasy roundtable, Greg Russell brought up the idea that Jacquizz Rodgers could be a beneficiary of the injuries to the Falcons WR corps, and I think it's an interesting idea. Everyone is assuming Harry Douglas could make a tier jump, but why not Rodgers? He's played well thus far, and with Jackson returning (eventually), they could try and find other ways to get him on the field. The line is bad, so having a safety valve like Rodgers (assuming Gonzalez is facing a lot of double coverage) in a Sproles/Woodhead type role may be just what he needs.

I haven't seen much of Rodgers live, so I don't know if he fits this role, but is this someone that could be a buy low candidate, as owners are presuming he'll be worthless if/when Jackson returns?
I see Quiz as someone who can put up the numbers because of the opportunity. There have been countless guys over the years (even on the Falcons...remember Maurice Smith who filled in for an injured Jamaal Anderson to the tune of 800+ yards rushing and was out of the league a year or so later?) who have come in and benefited from (1) injury and (2) lack of defenses' knowledge of where the ball is going due to those injuries. Let them think it is going to be the Harry Douglas show, but I think it is Quiz who walks away with the numbers.

Who knows when Steven Jackson is coming back. Rodgers is going to pay big dividends in PPR with Jones gone and White gimpy.

I agree Rodgers will be productive while Jackson is out, as he has been to this point.

My question is are we underrating how productive he will be even when Jackson does return? Is he the kind of player that they can run out of the slot?

I've been trying to trade for Peyton this week, but it's been contingent on me taking Rodgers back, who would become my starting RB2. I would upgrade huge at QB and WR, so I've been considering it, but have been hesitant.

I agree Rodgers will be productive while Jackson is out, as he has been to this point.

My question is are we underrating how productive he will be even when Jackson does return? Is he the kind of player that they can run out of the slot?

I've been trying to trade for Peyton this week, but it's been contingent on me taking Rodgers back, who would become my starting RB2. I would upgrade huge at QB and WR, so I've been considering it, but have been hesitant.
The way I see it I don't think Jackson is coming back soon. He's old and I think Mike Smith even said his injury was "lingering". Could be coach speak but it sounds like Jackson is gone for a while. I'd try to scoop Rodgers up now. Even if Jackson does come back Rodgers will still have Flex value at least.

ConnSKINS26 said:
SportsGuru311 said:
He's actually looked much better this season than in the past. While he does not have "great speed", he's shown much better burst this year and is running with power. He's looking like a poor man's MJD during the audition that Jackson's injury has created.

I was high on him coming into the league - and then, as much as I wanted to, I just didn't see anything special from him at all. While he's still far from special he has shown the ability to at least be a viable stop gap solution and perhaps has a future as at worst a RBBC back.

I see Quiz as someone who can put up the numbers because of the opportunity. There have been countless guys over the years (even on the Falcons...remember Maurice Smith who filled in for an injured Jamaal Anderson to the tune of 800+ yards rushing and was out of the league a year or so later?) who have come in and benefited from (1) injury and (2) lack of defenses' knowledge of where the ball is going due to those injuries. Let them think it is going to be the Harry Douglas show, but I think it is Quiz who walks away with the numbers.
Ugghh...was I wrong. Curious what that backfield will look like in 2014. Think they will blow it up and start from scratch?

Users who are viewing this thread