What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

Not as exciting as I'd hoped.   :lol:
Yeah, I was about to be a little mad that I sold at .63 a few weeks ago. Just tired of watching the CV stocks all the time. Not the pop I was expecting. If it weren’t for the $50 commission I’d think about jumping in as maybe it starts slow until people notice. That said the news is almost 9 hours old so not right before open. 

Anyone in NRGU and not have their reverse split finalized yet?  I use TD.  All my shares have moved under a numerical ticker like its been delisted.  Didn't think this would take more than a day to do.

Bank of Montreal is just being slow.
Fidelity has it right.  Schwab is showing it up 1000% but won't let me sell.  It does have an annotation that the value and number of shares may not be right.

The Revive Therapeutics people are going to be on Dr Yo at 1pm EST.  It could provide a little pop to the share price since they are so small and under the radar.

$rvvtf Michael Frank, CEO and Dr. Kelly McKee MD, MPH of Revive Therapeutics will be discussing the science and medicine of #BUCILLAMINE - currently in FDA phase 3 clinical trials for #COVID19 Tues, Oct 13 at 1pm EST! Don't want to miss our discussion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMI0IWXc_Uw&feature=youtu.be

C and JPM both beat.  Let's see if we are rewarded.   Added some FAS at close yesterday.
Poor banks.  They really need to beat to get a bump.  

Tech can match/slightly miss and it'll go up.  Elon musk can get stoned and whackoff on a zoom call while screaming Tesla is way overrated and it will skyrocket.

Fidelity has it right.  Schwab is showing it up 1000% but won't let me sell.  It does have an annotation that the value and number of shares may not be right.
I called TD and they're still waiting on Bank of Montreal/MicroSectors to complete it.  Guy on the line said they have received a lot of call on it.  

Yeah, I was about to be a little mad that I sold at .63 a few weeks ago. Just tired of watching the CV stocks all the time. Not the pop I was expecting. If it weren’t for the $50 commission I’d think about jumping in as maybe it starts slow until people notice. That said the news is almost 9 hours old so not right before open. 
My cost basis on this is only .24 or so once you factor in the commission. So I'm already in the positive. This is my hedge against CYDY, so just waiting to see if this goes higher to offset what is going to be a sure loss for me.  Once RLFTF hits my number I'm out and will put those dollars elsewhere.

Then ride out CYDY for a bit longer but be ready to sell if they get any positive news. 

Welp, had to trim my FSLY. Sold 300 shares at $135. I like the future but had to lock in a shade under a 700% increase. Keeping 117 shares. What a freight train that was. Definitely possible I could buy back in if there is a dip along the way. Next up is ZM on Friday but that’s in a taxable account so need to think about that one. Have some others to think about as well but $135 and close to 50x revenue was enough for me on FSLY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech can match/slightly miss and it'll go up.  Elon musk can get stoned and whackoff on a zoom call while screaming Tesla is way overrated and it will skyrocket.
Lots of tech beat big on earnings and fell off massively.  Only a select few that ran on earnings last round.  It's just that those that did run, ran huge.

Lots of tech beat big on earnings and fell off massively.  Only a select few that ran on earnings last round.  It's just that those that did run, ran huge.
Yeah, I’m getting really uncomfortable at this point. My IRA is a great place to trim with no tax implications. I do need to figure out the whole Biden tax thing on the taxable account.

I bought some BAND the other day when it dropped 8% on no real news. It was on my watch list and got in just under $171. It’s at $195 now and has been consistently up since then.

I bought some BAND the other day when it dropped 8% on no real news. It was on my watch list and got in just under $171. It’s at $195 now and has been consistently up since then.
Yeah, this was another SA pick I got in on - added a little more yesterday, average price is 161. Got a bajillion price target upgrades today because of their acquisition.

Yup...this market is confusing.

I just added more C.  A PE of 8 and a dividend yield of 4.5%.  

Yeah, this was another SA pick I got in on - added a little more yesterday, average price is 161. Got a bajillion price target upgrades today because of their acquisition.
Yeah, I was late on a few recs (good on many others though!). Was a little late on this one but at least I bought a half share here. I’ve added FVRR ($121), BAND and RGEN lately. Not a big buyer yet as I do want to keep a nice amount of cash and just bumped that up more with trimming FSLY at $135..

For those of you that jumped on the TQQQ or SOXL train a few weeks ago, we are up 20-40%.   Is this a sell point for you all or do you just hold?  Thinking of unloading half to all of SOXL while letting TQQQ run a bit longer.
They have been nice.  I prefer SOXL over TQQQ, but I am jaded by the top holdings still.  I don't want to be so heavy in the FAANG stocks + Tesla.  I think the chip makers will continue to do well as we push 5G and work from home.

I'd take profits on both.  I'm out of both and I'm just playing my UPRO/TMF balance.  I'll look at small/mid cap index after the election.  I think a Covid bill/infrastucture bill could help the Russell. 

Welp, had to trim my FSLY. Sold 300 shares at $135. I like the future but had to lock in a shade under an 700% increase. Keeping 117 shares. What a freight train that was. Definitely possible I could buy back in if there is a dip along the way. Next up is ZM on Friday but that’s in a taxable account so need to think about that one. Have some others to think about as well but $135 and close to 50x revenue was enough for me on FSLY.
It's crazy because CDN's are one of my favorite sectors right now and I have almost none left.  Sold out of all my DDOG a few days after the Microsoft announcement, most of NET yesterday after the huge run, and most of FSLY today.

I'm going to be ticked at myself if this thing keeps running for another 20 days after it already seemed way overextended like solars just did, but they basically hit my 1 year targets with 11 months to spare so I felt like I had to take the profits.

It's crazy because CDN's are one of my favorite sectors right now and I have almost none left.  Sold out of all my DDOG a few days after the Microsoft announcement, most of NET yesterday after the huge run, and most of FSLY today.

I'm going to be ticked at myself if this thing keeps running for another 20 days after it already seemed way overextended like solars just did, but they basically hit my 1 year targets with 11 months to spare so I felt like I had to take the profits.
I worry about the same thing. These tech stocks are just continuing to roll. You don’t want to get off the train but the valuations are starting to get a little crazy. 5 years from now, no, but you do feel like you’ll be able to get in them lower in the next few months. I don’t think I’ll sell everything but I’ve got a bunch of stocks with a lot of profit in each and I could definitely trim a bit more. Like today, I’m up 1.5% on the market. Crazy.

DPHC crew, do you guys know why this stock seems to run so lock-step with WKHS?  Is it just a sector thing?

WKHS is a trash penny stock whose only path to continued existence is this USPS contract, so it makes sense that the stock is down huge today after USPS punted their contract decision down the road.  But DPHC tanked with it and I can't find any connection between DPHC and the USPS contract.  I don't see how it affects DPHC at all if WKHS or Ford gets the USPS contract.

Just wondering if that makes today a decent buy opportunity on DPHC, with it way down on news that it seems like shouldn't really affect it.

DPHC crew, do you guys know why this stock seems to run so lock-step with WKHS?  Is it just a sector thing?

WKHS is a trash penny stock whose only path to continued existence is this USPS contract, so it makes sense that the stock is down huge today after USPS punted their contract decision down the road.  But DPHC tanked with it and I can't find any connection between DPHC and the USPS contract.  I don't see how it affects DPHC at all if WKHS or Ford gets the USPS contract.

Just wondering if that makes today a decent buy opportunity on DPHC, with it way down on news that it seems like shouldn't really affect it.
WKHS owns 10% of DPHC (or Lordstown) so it will move up and down to a degree on DPHC but the reverse shouldn’t be the case. DPHC isn’t impacted at all except maybe that a major shareholder could be forced to sell shares. Technically shouldn’t matter as DPHC’s market cap should be based on fundamentals but float can impact share price. That said they haven’t said anything about selling, just losing that deal hurts them.

AMZN within 2% of all time high with Prime Day today and tomorrow and earnings next week I believe? May have to trim some back soon but wondering if it’s about to be off to the races for new highs.

AMZN within 2% of all time high with Prime Day today and tomorrow and earnings next week I believe? May have to trim some back soon but wondering if it’s about to be off to the races for new highs.
It’s actually one of my tech/growth stocks that I’m not thinking of selling because of it’s floor and how well it’s doing in this environment. The rest of what I have is likely to move faster, up or down and doesn’t have that floor of buyers.

It’s actually one of my tech/growth stocks that I’m not thinking of selling because of it’s floor and how well it’s doing in this environment. The rest of what I have is likely to move faster, up or down and doesn’t have that floor of buyers.
I agree, I have some that I won’t ever sell or try to time in my retirement accounts but also have a couple of shares in my trading account that I was thinking of trimming. Bought those at 3k almost a month ago so up about 15% there.

You made the right move.  My sell didn't trigger and been straight down today.
I was sweating when it was down in the $24/range, at least we are back from that. 

Anyone seeing any value out there? Nervous to add more, arguments I'm using to talk myself into buying are the need to continue chasing yield and a soon to come vaccine bump?

I was sweating when it was down in the $24/range, at least we are back from that. 

Anyone seeing any value out there? Nervous to add more, arguments I'm using to talk myself into buying are the need to continue chasing yield and a soon to come vaccine bump?
On the latter, I'm not personally making any moves on the assumption we get a vaccine or not. We've had other coronavirus strains where we never successfully made one, like SARS and the common cold, so I still don't get why people are just assuming it's inevitable. Still don't have one for HIV. Just finally got one for dengue fever last year and that broke out in the '40's. 

I need to start buying puts before every Apple event.  They are so big they bring the whole market down and they never actually announce anything innovative anymore.

I still think Oil stocks have a lot of value at these prices.  I don't see the economy fully recovering without burning some gas.  I realize I may be in a small row boat by myself in the middle of the Gulf, but I can tread some water for a bit.  XOM's days of 100+ are probably long gone.  I'm looking for a rebound to 45, maybe hold some longer term for 55-60.  Hoping the div stays up or not cut too much.  

50?

What stocks are you in?
APPL .80 share, WMT .30 share, voo 1.3 share,  MSFT .25 share, ARKK .10 share, KO .50 share, TAN .25 share, MCD 0.15 share,  AMZN 0.050 share,  BRK.B 0.25 share,  NFLX 0.05 Share, BABA 0.21 Visa/JP/Mastercard/UNP 0.05 shares lol 

I put the stimulus check into a Schwab account.  I initially used robinhood but dont like their security. 

I am a big believer in tech, consumer goods, healthcare and alternative energy. 

Up 43.08 this week, only blunder is losing $5 today Lol

I had a peek earlier when it was over 17 and I thought that if it gave up that advance, I would pull the trigger. Thanks for the reminder!  :lmao:

You SPAC guys, you know of any focused on EVs or renewables?  Came across QELLU, wondering if there are others.

I've been googling away and looking, if you have a good SPAC resource I could dig through, please share that as well.

ETA - I'm talking about earlier stage ones that haven't announced a merger yet, but have indicated in their prospectus a focus on EVs or renewable energy. 

You SPAC guys, you know of any focused on EVs or renewables?  Came across QELLU, wondering if there are others.

I've been googling away and looking, if you have a good SPAC resource I could dig through, please share that as well.
Ton of them in EV or EV/battery/fuel cell related. DPHC, HCAC, KCAC, SBE and SPAC. I know there are more but I’m only following those. HYLN is now like NKLA and out of the SPAC and a regular old company. All 5 of the above SPACs have announced a merger. There may be more with that focus but pre-merger. That’s the best time to get them or right after the announcement if you like the company they are merging with as they don’t tend to go to the peak day 1. That said, some like HYLN (used to be SHLL) hit a high and are well down. EV’s were really hot not that long ago and have really cooled off.

I’m destroying the market today but I’m getting that September pullback feeling.
 Not sure I'd call my day destroyed but beat the market by over 2%. After the past 4 weeks, definitely trouncing the market. I’m beating the S&P by 20% since 9/11. I’m 90% up YTD in my 3 biggest accounts (non 401k), so 80% better than the S&P. I sold most of my FSLY today and definitely thinking about locking in some other gains as well. Might be worth a reallocation. This year has changed my current goals from really aggressive to I’d be more than happy to just get a 10-15% yearly return and double my portfolio by 2026. I’m not going to turn down another life changing year but this year has definitely changed my goals. 

Ton of them in EV or EV/battery/fuel cell related. DPHC, HCAC, KCAC, SBE and SPAC. I know there are more but I’m only following those. HYLN is now like NKLA and out of the SPAC and a regular old company. All 5 of the above SPACs have announced a merger. There may be more with that focus but pre-merger. That’s the best time to get them or right after the announcement if you like the company they are merging with as they don’t tend to go to the peak day 1. That said, some like HYLN (used to be SHLL) hit a high and are well down. EV’s were really hot not that long ago and have really cooled off.
Thanks, appreciate the response.  I hit Submit too soon, and added that I'm trying to identify SPACs that fit the bold like QELL.

Thanks, appreciate the response.  I hit Submit too soon, and added that I'm trying to identify SPACs that fit the bold like QELL.
I think the biggest thing to look for is the folks running the SPAC, the size and how they’ve done with previous ones. The nice thing is that you kind of have a good floor so even if people are disappointed you can get out without losing much or anything at all.

Users who are viewing this thread