What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

starting Lacy. Been hoping I made it through round one to capitalize on this juicy matchup. I made it and now I'm ready for Lacy to lay the smackdown.

seriously? starting not one but two Packer rb's? Dallas is going to steamroll, and then Flynn/Tolzien will be in garbage time, junk screen mode. complete abandoment of the run. you really want to do this? the starting qb is flynn for heavens sake! :help:
You sure they'll steam roll? Dallas looks really dysfunctional right now. On defense they're a hot mess. Their last 6 games they have let up an average of 161 yards rushing a game. They've also given up an average of 465 yards per game over that stretch.

Even with Flynn in there, I see a Packers desperation win on the road. They have enough talent on offense to move the ball against that defense.
Remember the Thanksgiving debacle.

seriously? starting not one but two Packer rb's? Dallas is going to steamroll, and then Flynn/Tolzien will be in garbage time, junk screen mode. complete abandoment of the run. you really want to do this? the starting qb is flynn for heavens sake! :help:
You sure they'll steam roll? Dallas looks really dysfunctional right now. On defense they're a hot mess. Their last 6 games they have let up an average of 161 yards rushing a game. They've also given up an average of 465 yards per game over that stretch.Even with Flynn in there, I see a Packers desperation win on the road. They have enough talent on offense to move the ball against that defense.
Against a better Detroit defense and in a game where momentum just crushed them. Dallas has nothing on defense.

You sure they'll steam roll? Dallas looks really dysfunctional right now. On defense they're a hot mess. Their last 6 games they have let up an average of 161 yards rushing a game. They've also given up an average of 465 yards per game over that stretch.Even with Flynn in there, I see a Packers desperation win on the road. They have enough talent on offense to move the ball against that defense.
Against a better Detroit defense and in a game where momentum just crushed them. Dallas has nothing on defense.
True, but they can get pressure on the QB. Ultimately their best defense is a good offense. And the Packers d blows, without the protection of Erin.

You sure they'll steam roll? Dallas looks really dysfunctional right now. On defense they're a hot mess. Their last 6 games they have let up an average of 161 yards rushing a game. They've also given up an average of 465 yards per game over that stretch.

Even with Flynn in there, I see a Packers desperation win on the road. They have enough talent on offense to move the ball against that defense.
Have you watched any Dallas game lately, like the game against Chicago this past week where Chicago never had to punt and scored on every drive save the kneel down to end the game? Did you see Michael Bush, who for the year was averaging 2.0 ypc get 38 yards on 8 carries for 4.8ypc?

Detroit's D played stellar and their run D is on another planet than Dallas' D. Lacy should be able to open up the passing game. Detroit jumped in front and stuff Lacy, so they could then pin their ears back and maul Flynn. Dallas has nothing on D and can't stop anyone. Christian Effing Ponder threw for 237-1TD with a rushing TD. I expect Lacy to have a nice day running if healthy and maybe Flynn will give him a ton of dump offs as well.

Detroit was like top 5 rush defense going into that game. Dallas is dead last in rush defense and their best player, Lee, is injured again.

If Lacy is playing, expect big things.

Let me try to clear something up. I got no issue with starting Lacy. There should be enough touches if he's active to rely on some nominal to good stats. But the idea of two Packer RB's being start worthy this weekend just boggles my imagination.

True, but they can get pressure on the QB. Ultimately their best defense is a good offense. And the Packers d blows, without the protection of Erin.
Umm, no they can't. Dallas is tied for the 4th lowest sacks. They are also 4th worst in YPA and have given up the most passing yards in the NFL. Sorry, their D is atrocious against the run and pass. If you watched the Chicago game, you would probably think Flynn is a great play this week. GB still has some decent WRs in Boykin, Nelson and Jones. I don't expect Flynn to tear it up, but he will probably have one of his better games.

Let me try to clear something up. I got no issue with starting Lacy. There should be enough touches if he's active to rely on some nominal to good stats. But the idea of two Packer RB's being start worthy this weekend just boggles my imagination.
Well, yeah, I agree with you on this.

I agree with that, but you saying Dallas has any D in any way is not true. See my post above, they are historically bad. They have the 5th worst YPA and the 2nd worst YPC, i.e. any way you attack them, they bend over and take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mention of starting both was more as insurance. If Lacy starts but gets nicked early and starks is sitting on your bench, that just sucks. It was an odd scenario of starting both because the starter isn't 100% going in. So we don't know how he'll be.

My mention of starting both was more as insurance. If Lacy starts but gets nicked early and starks is sitting on your bench, that just sucks. It was an odd scenario of starting both because the starter isn't 100% going in. So we don't know how he'll be.
Have you ever won a championship with this strategy?

You're absolutely right in that it's a conservative approach. It was just a thought.

With Rodgers out, I'm sitting him. Starting Vareen in his place. Also add in that Manning and Demaryius didnt do their usual thing for me, I need a guaranteed player. I cant risk Lacy playing half the game, I need points. GL everyone.

top 8 play IMO, if you are benching him you are likely absolutely stacked. I've seen nothing to suggest he is at a high risk of re-injury. he played through it last week and says it feels better now

Been fighting with this all week. Have S. Jackson in a good match-up too that I can plug in for Lacy

Kind of same boat didnt get as much out of Manning so dont want to risk him re-injuring it.

If they say he's healthy, I'm starting him. This matchup is just ridiculous. Might be the worst defense in the league right now. The nagging fear is he tweaks it in the first quarter and they sit him for starks rest of the way. Well no guts no glory right. Its playoff time.

You're absolutely right in that it's a conservative approach. It was just a thought.
Seems like a logical idea to me...If you have deep lineups. I may consider this.

Been fighting with this all week. Have S. Jackson in a good match-up too that I can plug in for Lacy

Kind of same boat didnt get as much out of Manning so dont want to risk him re-injuring it.
I'm in the same boat with Lacy and I have Jackson. My biggest fear is Lacy aggravates his injury and is pulled. Jackson at home against the Skins is a pretty attractive matchup

If they say he's healthy, I'm starting him. This matchup is just ridiculous. Might be the worst defense in the league right now. The nagging fear is he tweaks it in the first quarter and they sit him for starks rest of the way. Well no guts no glory right. Its playoff time.
Its my fear...but the risk/reward is that if no tweaking occurs...he could very well have a huge day with this matchup.

I'm in the same boat with Lacy and I have Jackson. My biggest fear is Lacy aggravates his injury and is pulled. Jackson at home against the Skins is a pretty attractive matchup
would be the 2nd time all season I would have played S-Jax too

would be the 2nd time all season I would have played S-Jax too
I am sitting on the side with Le'veon Bell - granted Bell's matchup is not great - but he is a lock for 20 touches. Not sure what to do, a 100% healthy Lacy and I am in. Oh the decision.

I can't sit him... His comments have given me more faith this week too... Plus the probable tag.

If he goes down, I'm sinking with the ship.

Won't Dallas just stack the box? And then what?
Won't Detroit just stack the box against LeSean McCoy? Won't every single team in the second half of the 2012 season stack the box against Adrian Peterson?

Doesn't always translate to a bad rushing game. Especially when it's a horrible defense like Dallas.

I don't get this. Not trying to be snarky, I honestly don't understand the logic.

If you only start Lacy, there is a chance that you get bad production from one RB position. If you start both, you are guaranteeing you get bad production from one. That's so conservative, it's reckless.

I don't get this. Not trying to be snarky, I honestly don't understand the logic.If you only start Lacy, there is a chance that you get bad production from one RB position. If you start both, you are guaranteeing you get bad production from one. That's so conservative, it's reckless.
Depends on your alternatives. If your options are ogbannaya or dwill, I think guaranteeing that you take advantage of that matchup is more important than the extra upside of 5-8 points.

With probable tag I think he's a must start. If he is playing, Starks shouldn't leave the bench IMO. I'd be shocked if lacy doesn't put up top 10 RB numbers this week. Dallas is farking terrible WITH Sean Lee. Without him lacy should rumble to 100+ yards.

All we need to hope for is that this injury doesn't slow Lacy down and that he doesn't tweak it. Oh yeah, and Starks needs to get bottled up on his first few carries so he rides the pine.

Damn I hate this....

All we need to hope for is that this injury doesn't slow Lacy down and that he doesn't tweak it. Oh yeah, and Starks needs to get bottled up on his first few carries so he rides the pine.

Damn I hate this....
Didn't he sit most of the game after breaking of a 45 yard TD several games ago? With lacy being probable, I think he's a safe play.

For those waiting on Lacy, what are your backup plans?

I am debating btw Steve Smith and Starks in my PPR. Leaning Starks.

Starks is my backup plan. Could also risk.it with Bush or go E.Sanders as I slid Tate into my RB2 spot and Lacy in my flex.

Starks is my primary backup plan, but if my opponent's early players (mostly Luck) are putting up huge games, I might roll the dice w/ an Ellington (no...not really, unless I start drinking heavily soon).

Users who are viewing this thread