What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (3 Viewers)

Why is Packers running back Eddie Lacyplaying so badly? Some people say his ankle is bothering him. Others say he’s overweight. Lacy says neither of those is the case.

Shortly after coach Mike McCarthy announced that James Starks has been promoted above Lacy on the depth chart, Lacy told reporters in Green Bay that he’s not sure why he’s struggling, but his ankle is fine and he’s not too heavy.

I honestly don’t know what it is,” Lacy said, via Michael Cohen of the Journal Sentinel. “Definitely, I’m off to a different start. I’m not playing how I was the previous two years. Later on in the season, maybe it’ll pick back up. But as of right now, this is just the move that is going to be. This season [starks] has definitely been the better player between the both of us. That’s just the move.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/eddie-lacy-im-not-hurt-im-not-overweight-i-dont-know-what-it-is/

he sounds very confident and certain that this will turn around quickly (sarcasm off).
On the other hand, if he were to exude confidence you would likely be ripping him for being delusional.

So many of these threads (Abdullah is another example) become so full of trite when a player is underperforming. A piling on circle jerk that provides no meaningful analysis or talk commences and often times the same jokes are recycled. I can appreciate veering off topic and some comedy, but the 1000th joke on Lacy's weight is just boring and stupid.

I'd love to hear some more debate on whether Starks can handle a full workload, or if there were pointers from the past 2 years to Lacy in fact not being very good.

He needs to get going the Pack are better with a in shape Lacy than Starks at his best. Lacy is a difference maker but he cant make a difference until he drop about 30-35 pounds.

He needs to get going the Pack are better with a in shape Lacy than Starks at his best. Lacy is a difference maker but he cant make a difference until he drop about 30-35 pounds.
I kind of agree.. But I don't think he needs to lose 30 lbs. even converting some of that weight to muscle with a net loss of 10-15 lbs would likely do wonders.

I recently bought my only share of him for pretty low, I'm hoping that talent will rule the day eventually. I'm not going to pretend that it will happen, but I can see a path where him not getting lead back hits and some motivation can freshen his legs and present a window to help him lean up some.

Above all, I just don't think Starks can handle the load and Lacy will get another shot. Hopefully he is ready and effective when it happens.

I kind of agree.. But I don't think he needs to lose 30 lbs. even converting some of that weight to muscle with a net loss of 10-15 lbs would likely do wonders.

I recently bought my only share of him for pretty low, I'm hoping that talent will rule the day eventually. I'm not going to pretend that it will happen, but I can see a path where him not getting lead back hits and some motivation can freshen his legs and present a window to help him lean up some.

Above all, I just don't think Starks can handle the load and Lacy will get another shot. Hopefully he is ready and effective when it happens.
Rumors have it he is about 265 and they want him at 230-235.

Godsbrother said:
BigBlue_RI said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Ok so.... is anyone desperate enough to consider the Lion matchup and actually roll (and I do mean roll...) Eddie out as a starter tomorrow?
Hell no. I have Starks, glad I drafted him as insurance. I'm rolling him out tomorrow and holding my breath.
Me too. I will be quite pissed with all of this Starks is the lead back talk if Lacy gets the bulk of the work today.
You know damn well that Lacy will get two tds today. It's a mortal lock.Or he'll be inactive...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really appreciate this move. Owner of both Starks and Lacy and will be rolling Starks out with complete confidence.

What's up with Eddie lacy....really, are we believing it's really his groin?

They need to come up with a mental injury designation.

Close ... 15 for 42 and he got lucky to have a fumble reversed!

Can Bigfoot please have his job back now? Even a bad Bigfoot is better than a starting Starks

My fantasy team is done because of this situation. I've won two straight fantasy titles with 1 stud RB, 3 great WR and a good/great TE. This year I'm missing the RB because Lacy decided to belly up to the buffet in the offseason.

While I agree Lacy hasn't looked great ... I think this is more of a case of people pilling on and making a bad situation look worse then it is.

Despite being fat and injured Lacy is Avg 3.71 yds per carry ... Through the 1st 4 games of the season and prior to his injury he averaged 4.6 per carry

Starks who everyone is all of sudden raving about is avg 3.26 yds per carry in 7 out of 8 games ... Yes he has had 1 ridiculous good aberration of a game and has stunk worse then Big Foot the rest of the time.
I don't think anyone is raving about Starks. He is a middling talent and a backup RB. But he has been productive. Lacy has looked horrendous. That is a clear fact. Starks has played well in the passing game that is a clear fact.

If you're a Lacy owner who has Starks it really is time to insert Starks ahead of Lacy unless you have better options. And Lacy is on the bench till he proves at least in one.....just one game this season that he can be the bell cow he was the past 2 seasons for one of the better offenses in the game.

It's about points. Lacy is not scoring them every week. Starks has been when given the touches. I felt lucky last week when we got a TD out of him vs Denver.....this week he flat out collapsed and I think played himself out of the starters role for now.

Something is totally wrong with him this season, be it his weight, the high ankle sprain, fumbles.....he is simply not getting it done. I am not risking him in my lineup anymore. Not worth it. I see clearly that he is not the same player this year. I thought the high ankle sprain had a lot to do with it.....but it does not matter. He is not producing. I don't care why anymore. I am not selling (in dynasty) at this rock bottom level anyway.
I agree you can't play him ...

It doesn't look good, he 's played like crap and is the mirror image of Big Foot but I think given the same opportunity he'd be putting as good or better numbers than Starks.

Perfect example of hype

Starks has played well in the passing game that is a clear fact. (avg 8.8 yds per catch)

Eddie Lacy has been absolutely terrible in the passing game (avg 9.2 yds per catch) .... just getting a lot less opportunities
I really think this is where your thinking is wrong.

Just facts that Starks has played better. Not a ton better. That offense has not been what we have known. But Starks is looking like he is going to be more involved going forward.

Believe me, I want Lacy to be great. But he has been dreadful. Starks is not that much better save for 2 games too. Starks has had 2 great games. Lacy 2 decent games. Starks had games where he has scored 14.6, 24.7 and 24.2 Lacys 3 best were 17.90, 11.70 2 times.

It's ugly this year for Green Bay's running game. And the reason Lacy is not being given opportunities in the passing game??? Have you been watching him play? I mean have you really watched him play? I was giving him time and the benfit of the doubt due to his nasty ankle sprain, like most of his owners. But we have 4 more weeks of regular season games left in FF

Time is up.

Moving on, unless he shows he can be trusted again. There is a reason he is not getting the same opportunity. Because he is not playing good at all.
Lacy has a history of playing at a very high level when given a high work load.

Starks has a history playing at a high level as a change of pace and playing at a low level when asked to carry the load

Just look at this season alone and it will tell you everything you need to know about Starks

Week 2 - Lacy goes down - Starks (on everyone's benches) catches the world off guard has a good week

Week 3 - Everyone jumps on the bandwagon, plugs him into their lineups ... Greenbay leans on him and he bombs 17 carries for 1.88 per

Week 4 - Carries fade - enthusiasm fades

Week 5 - Carries fade more - enthusiasm fades more

Week 6 - Back on everyone's benches ... he goes off 11 yards per carry and a TD

Week 7 - Back in everyone's lineup ... and he bombs 5 carries for 1.80 per

Week 8 - Back to the bench ... 80 yards receiving and a TD

His big production is always flukey and unexpected ...typical change of pace guy that cant handle the workload
Updating to add week 9

Week 2 - Lacy goes down - Starks (on everyone's benches) catches the world off guard has a good week

Week 3 - Everyone jumps on the bandwagon, plugs him into their lineups ... Greenbay leans on him and he bombs 17 carries for 1.88 per

Week 4 - Carries fade - enthusiasm fades

Week 5 - Carries fade more - enthusiasm fades more

Week 6 - Back on everyone's benches ... he goes off 11 yards per carry and a TD

Week 7 - Back in everyone's lineup ... and he bombs 5 carries for 1.80 per

Week 8 - Back to the bench ... 80 yards receiving and a TD

Week 9 - Back in everyone's lineup vs the 3rd worst ranked run defense - 15 carries for 42 yards 2.8 per carry

I think you all get the picture ... As bad as Lacy has looked he is a much better featured RB than Starks. Starks is a nice change of pace

Here are the rushing stats of each from 5 of the last 6 GB games that shows exactly how badly Starks has out played Lacy

ATT YDS AVG
10 46 4.6
18 90 5.0
13 27 2.1
11 38 3.5
05 10 2.0
Total
57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG
17 32 1.9
09 28 3.1
05 17 3.4
05 09 1.8
10 39 3.9
Total
45 125 2.78
ATT YDS AVG
10 46 4.6
18 90 5.0
13 27 2.1
11 38 3.5
05 10 2.0
Total
57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG
17 32 1.9
09 28 3.1
05 17 3.4
05 09 1.8
10 39 3.9
15 42 2.8
Total
60 167 2.78

Updated to add Today's game ... who's better?

Here are the rushing stats of each from 5 of the last 6 GB games that shows exactly how badly Starks has out played Lacy

ATT YDS AVG

10 46 4.6

18 90 5.0

13 27 2.1

11 38 3.5

05 10 2.0

Total

57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG

17 32 1.9

09 28 3.1

05 17 3.4

05 09 1.8

10 39 3.9

Total

45 125 2.78
ATT YDS AVG

10 46 4.6

18 90 5.0

13 27 2.1

11 38 3.5

05 10 2.0

Total

57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG

17 32 1.9

09 28 3.1

05 17 3.4

05 09 1.8

10 39 3.9

15 42 2.8

Total

60 167 2.78

Your opinion feels very biased. Are you purposefully omitting Starks 10 for 112yds? I think the biggest indicator is in games where they have both played, lately. Starks is just playing better. If you don't agree with me, just look at the carries from today's game. How did Lacy do?

Starks still outplayed Lacy today if you look at Eddies 2015 overall. All that was missing was TD format to be a very good fantasy game.

Starks still outplayed Lacy today if you look at Eddies 2015 overall. All that was missing was TD format to be a very good fantasy game.
Im happy for the late game receptions. But lets not act like this was anything close to resembling a good game. If this is outplaying Lacy it shouldnt take long for Lacy to get his job back.

Im happy for the late game receptions. But lets not act like this was anything close to resembling a good game. If this is outplaying Lacy it shouldnt take long for Lacy to get his job back.
The whole offense was awful. But again, compared to Lacy, Starks has looked better.

Ok so.... is anyone desperate enough to consider the Lion matchup and actually roll (and I do mean roll...) Eddie out as a starter tomorrow?
Hell no. I have Starks, glad I drafted him as insurance. I'm rolling him out tomorrow and holding my breath.
Me too. I will be quite pissed with all of this Starks is the lead back talk if Lacy gets the bulk of the work today.
You know damn well that Lacy will get two tds today. It's a mortal lock.Or he'll be inactive...
Weren't you the guy telling me a month ago -- when I said he's fat, done and aging in dog years -- that you had no concern and how he was about to hit his stride?

Yep, it was you.

I thought he looked good yesterday. He went from a wearing a baseball hat forward and to the right, then he put it on backwards, then moved a stocking cap later in the game. His head-wear game is on point.

Of course we will never know but I think that game yesterday was the type that they really needed Lacy with a high volume of carries.

It's popular to dog-pile on Lacy this year (reminds me a lot of Foster when all the people that just couldn't stand/accept the fact that a guy could be so much more than what people initially thought are more than happy to come out of the woodworks when its not all going smoothly) but it is CLEAR that this isn't just a "Eddie Lacy is the reason" issue. The Packers, across the board, are disappointing in real life and in fantasy as a whole.

Nobody is happy with any fantasy player they have, sans Rodgers and, compared to himself, he appears to be leaving fantasy points on the field every week.

If Lacy is battling small injuries, then this down time is likely good for him but whether it saves any fantasy season or not, the Packers' best hope in real life might hinge on them getting into some cold weather/bad weather and running with Lacy AND Starks. This passing attack isn't going to light it up this year and the defense has legitimate issues.

ATT YDS AVG

10 46 4.6

18 90 5.0

13 27 2.1

11 38 3.5

05 10 2.0

Total

57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG

17 32 1.9

09 28 3.1

05 17 3.4

05 09 1.8

10 39 3.9

Total

45 125 2.78
ATT YDS AVG

10 46 4.6

18 90 5.0

13 27 2.1

11 38 3.5

05 10 2.0

Total

57 211 3.70

ATT YDS AVG

17 32 1.9

09 28 3.1

05 17 3.4

05 09 1.8

10 39 3.9

15 42 2.8

Total

60 167 2.78

Your opinion feels very biased. Are you purposefully omitting Starks 10 for 112yds? I think the biggest indicator is in games where they have both played, lately. Starks is just playing better. If you don't agree with me, just look at the carries from today's game. How did Lacy do?
Absolutely purposely omitting Starks 10 for 112 aberration and why wouldn't I ?

A) It was against arguably the worst Run Defense in the NFL

B) He was not expected to start that game and took them completely off guard

C) 2 of his 1st 3 Runs went for 90 yds and a TD

D) I'm going to omit Zack Miller's 130 yard and 1 TD outburst as well

And by the way I only counted games in which they both had a decent amount of carries.

Minus the aberration ...

Starks 83 Carries for 264 yards (3.18 yds per carry - or below Trent Richardson's Career avg)

Lacy 83 Carries for 308 yards (3.7 yds per - Lacy's been injured what's Starks excuse?)

And by the way it's not like we don't have years of data supporting the fact that Lacy is better than Starks!

Greenbay may be trying to teach Lacy a lesson but they are cutting of their nose to spite their face.

They lost to Detroit at home !!! End of Story !!!

2.8 yards per carry against Detroit at home and he had a fumble reversed on the most important drive of the game

Yeah he played great !

I think this week went about as well as could go for Lacy owners. Starks showed he's limited and the Packers lost to the lowly Lions at home.

This does not mean Lacy will get back to being the player of the past few years, but I think it does mean Lacy is going to get another shot at lead back duties this year.

The pack thought they could rest lacy and breeze by the lions. How many more times do we need to see that starks is complementary rb...?

I didn't see the whole game but that look on that smug ### mccarthy's face was priceless.

I would love nothing more than for Eddie to wake up and get it going.

But it is becoming more and more apparent this is not so much a Lacy problem (although he has not looked himself either this season).

This is a Packer problem. They are not the same offense as the last 2 seasons. And one WR can't be the reason it is all falling down. They have too much talent.

They just are not playing good as a unit. Simple as that. That entire offense as well as the coaching staff needs to get it going. Only Aarron Rodgers has performed to his ADP for the most part. The rest of the squad as been a huge disappointment.

The Bama Curse. It got TRich, Ball, and now Lacy. Ingram is safe....for now
Ball is not Bama - University of Wisconsin

What about Yeldon ... he looks pretty good

So basically the curse only struck TRich

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this week went about as well as could go for Lacy owners. Starks showed he's limited and the Packers lost to the lowly Lions at home.

This does not mean Lacy will get back to being the player of the past few years, but I think it does mean Lacy is going to get another shot at lead back duties this year.
They do need Lacy to get it going.

Yikes! Anyone notice Lacy's history against Min ?

[SIZE=12.8px]4 Games (540 total yds and 6 tds) [/SIZE]

92 att 434 yds 4.72 Y/A 5 TDs

15 tgt 15 rec 106 yds 7.07 Y/R 1 TD

Users who are viewing this thread