What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (3 Viewers)

So CBS FF has a report he reinjured his ankle. Makes no sense that he'd be in there to pass protect if that was the case, and all he is doing is pass protecting right now. Meanwhile he just had back to back 100 yard games and looked to be building steam towards the stretch run. I don't get it.

Yikes !!!!!! Looking at past games Lacy has not been very good against the Lions ... Particularly @ Detroit !!

Though these games were against Suh Fairley, and Levy

Home 23 for 99 0 TDs

Away 10 for 16 0 TDS

Home 26 for 100 0 TDs 1 Fumble

Away 11 for 36 0 TDS 1 Fumble
Glad I saw this post earlier in the week. Thanks.

A pox and a curse on everything Mike McCarthy. May a thousand fleas infest your nether regions....and may you lose all your football games, too.

Looks like he did not have a good week of practice reading into what they said tonight. Seems as though they are sending him a message.

Matthew Berry@MatthewBerryTMR 4m4 minutes ago

Tracy Wolfson saying Lacy lack of touches not injury related. Coach's decision. CBS announcers now say they had a hint of it last night.
And somehow in the free world saturated with media and non stop worthless stories rerunning non stop, we can't get a hint of this occurring.
Did he kick the coaches dog? He was somewhat on a roll coming into this game. Why would they just decide to not use him?

I think there are some people that don't like Eddie Lacy and I think they work for he packers organization.

Lacy doesnt suck. His coach and opportunities do. Ship him to a team with fewer egos and he thrives.
Yea. I don't think this is a C.J. Spiller type situation where he has one good season and then teases us fantasy nerds for years. I could even see him rebounded in a big way in 2016, along with the whole Packers team.

Don't be shocked if he's the "value pick" darling for next year's redrafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy doesnt suck. His coach and opportunities do. Ship him to a team with fewer egos and he thrives.
Yea. I don't think this is a C.J. Spiller type situation where he has one good season and then teases us fantasy nerds for years. I could even see him rebounded in a big way in 2016, along with the whole Packers team.

he has to take conditioning seriously this offseason. He's never been ripped and has always carried a little bit of pudge, but this season, he's just fat. At some point, even for a naturally gifted athlete, you have to put a little something into it.

Sometimes players have bad year, this is one of those years for fat man. He will bonce back next year, he could have been hurt all year.

He sucks.
Many guys do well when they are behind by 20 getting only 5 carries all game and a back up OLine.

Back to back 100 yard games and then this mess.

He sucks though because you are upset he didnt produce for your fantasy team tonight. Seems fair.

He didnt even start the game, why do coaches feel the need to punish player, you normally hurt the entire team when you do that.

Starting the game with 3 runs to Starks is not working.

He sucks.
Many guys do well when they are behind by 20 getting only 5 carries all game and a back up OLine.

Back to back 100 yard games and then this mess.

He sucks though because you are upset he didnt produce for your fantasy team tonight. Seems fair.

He didnt even start the game, why do coaches feel the need to punish player, you normally hurt the entire team when you do that.

Starting the game with 3 runs to Starks is not working.
I don't own him.

Sorry guys, it's my fault he was awful, I started him last night for the first time in like 2 months.

And to top it off, I went up against Richard freakin Rodgers to start my must-win week 13.

Thanks to Fat Eddie I'm down 31-1 going into Sunday.

#cursed

guy ran like a beast last week, caughed a ball up, gets in the doghouse and the gameplan changes

they ride starks out there, he fumbles, no big deal, keep playing him, but eddie gets killed by the coach

they need to gameplan around eddie, not minmize him.. pack are going nowhere until they realize this.... starks is just a guy

I believe the on again/off again ankle injury was, and still is, a smoke screen. This feels (to me) like a weight management issue with weekly checks and consequences... you make weight, you start... you don't and you won't. GB would not feed that to the press and no reason to list him on an injury report.

I don't have the world's greatest TV, but it's good enough to see that there was little difference in the trunks of Lacy and his linemen when he first appeared last night.

The best part of the recycled fat jokes is that it's mostly fat middle aged men saying them.
And who better to know the truth? Take it from this middle-aged fat man, it's very hard to hit the hole when all you really want to do is sit on a couch covered in food remnants and mystery goo. Hey, where'd my belt go? Oh, never mind. Found it.

The best part of the recycled fat jokes is that it's mostly fat middle aged men saying them.
And who better to know the truth? Take it from this middle-aged fat man, it's very hard to hit the hole when all you really want to do is sit on a couch covered in food remnants and mystery goo. Hey, where'd my belt go? Oh, never mind. Found it.
Speak for yourself.

guy ran like a beast last week, caughed a ball up, gets in the doghouse and the gameplan changes

they ride starks out there, he fumbles, no big deal, keep playing him, but eddie gets killed by the coach

they need to gameplan around eddie, not minmize him.. pack are going nowhere until they realize this.... starks is just a guy
the games I've seen this year don't back that up. Most games, Starks looks much better. Back when Lacey kept himself in shape, I didn't feel that way. This is 100% on Lacey. Hopefully, he's young enough and has enough pride to do something about it this offseason.

the games I've seen this year don't back that up. Most games, Starks looks much better. Back when Lacey kept himself in shape, I didn't feel that way. This is 100% on Lacey. Hopefully, he's young enough and has enough pride to do something about it this offseason.
His name is Lacy not Lacey.

he has to take conditioning seriously this offseason. He's never been ripped and has always carried a little bit of pudge, but this season, he's just fat. At some point, even for a naturally gifted athlete, you have to put a little something into it.
For the love of God, man, enough of the "he's fat" stuff. He could weigh a buck 80 or 400 and it wouldn't matter. When your coach has his head so far up his ### that he won't put you on the field, you aren't going to get production.

Anyone with eyeballs and a sense of what the NFL is can clearly see that there is SOME reason why the HC is thinking/not thinking/over thinking and it is painfully obvious.

When a guy that literally put the uniform on the first time 12 hours ago gets run, that's not the banged up line, that's not "talent", —that is simply opportunity of getting a play called for you. the walk-on got opps. Eddie Didn't.

Starks was exclusively featured for the first two series and they literally called his number on every run and all but one pass. That is just a HC being stubborn/dumb/etc. You could call it smart if it netted a result but the truth is, without a MIRACLE play, the Packers would have lost their season last night.

The problem isn't that Lacy isn't built like Gronk. THe problem is the coaches feel they are smart/talented enough to do it any way they want and they are wrong. They probably lost the Bears game for "sending Lacy a message" last week and they should have lost this one. For whatever reason, its ok to exile Lacy when he's not perfect but when Starks does it, it's ok. Whatever is going on in Green Bay, I am 90% certain it could be hardily corrected if some of these idiots would check their egos.

Last edited by a moderator:

For the love of God, man, enough of the "he's fat" stuff. He could weigh a buck 80 or 400 and it wouldn't matter. When your coach has his head so far up his ### that he won't put you on the field, you aren't going to get production. Anyone with eyeballs and a sense of what the NFL is can clearly see that there is SOME reason why the HC is thinking/mot thinking/over thinking and it is painfully obvious.

When a guy that literally put the uniform on the first time 12 hours ago gets run, that's not the banged up line, that's not "talent", that is simply opportunity of getting a play called for you. the walk-on got opps. Eddie Didn't.

Starks was exclusively featured for the first two series and they literally called his number on every run and all but one pass. That is just a HC being stubborn/dumb/etc. You could call it smart if it netted a result but the truth is, without a MIRACLE play, the Packers would have lost their season last night.

The problem isn't that Lacy isn't built like Gronk. THe problem is the coaches feel they are smart/talented enough to do it any way they want and they are wrong. They probably lost the Bears game for "sending Lacy a message" last week and they should have lose this one. For whatever reason, its ok to exile Lacy when he's not perfect but when Starks does it, it's ok. Whatever is going on in Green Bay, I am 90% certain it could be hardily corrected if some of these idiots would check their egos.
well his productivity has gotten worse and worse as he's gotten fatter. If you want to dismiss the link, that's your choice. There's a reason professional athletes do weightlifting and conditioning. It helps.

thanks. That's important.

Well if you want to be taken seriously, grammar is always important when you communicate on the internet, which is basically translated through strictly words.

Well if you want to be taken seriously, grammar is always important when you communicate on the internet, which is basically translated through strictly words.
confession: I'm still not sure how to spell Rothleisberger. I never know where to throw that first e. I guess I should have paid more attention in my Athletes Names 101 class. Lol

Oh, and that sentence is a run on.

confession: I'm still not sure how to spell Rothleisberger. I never know where to throw that first e. I guess I should have paid more attention in my Athletes Names 101 class. Lol
You could just say "Big Ben" its shorter and cuts down on the extra typing. But Lacy, has just four letters, seems adding one is more tedious and complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread