What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

People showing up to work sick is going to continue until we change the work culture in this country.  Right now, time spent physically in the office is equated with hard work which is complete nonsense.  I'm at work only 7-7.5 hours a day and work circles around people who have to stay late because they are either terrible at time management or BS half the day with other people in the office.  Then they get congratulated for putting in so many hours.  
Yup.  I hate the guys who brag, "I come in even if I'm sick."  Really?  That's great.  Because all that means is you probably got a bunch of other people sick who then took off work.  We lost 160 man hours instead of 16 man hours.  Congrats, idiot.

People showing up to work sick is going to continue until we change the work culture in this country.  Right now, time spent physically in the office is equated with hard work which is complete nonsense.  I'm at work only 7-7.5 hours a day and work circles around people who have to stay late because they are either terrible at time management or BS half the day with other people in the office.  Then they get congratulated for putting in so many hours.  
Throw in the retail workers who sometimes don't even get sick days and this is a problem for everyone that steps out of their house.

Chatty kathy checkout people
This grocery trip may have been my worst ever as far as observing how crappy most people are in this world. 

Pull into my spot and directly ahead of me a man pulls into two spots. Leaves his car running and gets out. I notice he has left what is probably a 5-6 year old boy in the front seat on a tablet. 

Get into the store and they have a wine tasting event that they have decided right in front of the entryway on a day where it is -3 degrees and who knows what it was with the wind chill is the best place for it. 

It is like a cart/person obstacle course. 

I need to pick up a box of wine, an orange, and an apple to make mulled wine. This should be quick. Nope. 

Some dude is in the aisle I need to get into taking pictures of labels and probably sending them to his girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband for approval. He of course has his cart on an angle and he is on the other side of the aisle than his cart. 

I ask him to move. Nothing. I realize he has headphones in. So i basically have to scream to get this guy to move his cart. 

No issues with the produce. Get in line. I am third. Two people ahead of me have 3-4 items each just like me. Should be fast. Nope. Checkout lady wants to talk about every item everybody is buying. Either giving a reco on it or asking if it is good. Tells some dumb long story about how she used to buy regular pasta, but now she buys gluten free pasta and the guy didnt even have pasta! He had a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos. So maybe at least tell an applicable long winded story about how you only eat corn tortillas?

Finally its my turn. Oh great. Its my break time. Carla will be taking care of you. Ok great. Hi carla. I am not Carla, she is on her way. FML.

Leaving store and dude in front of me just takes his two bags out of his cart and literally leaves the cart right in the doorway. I actually let out a very loud "really, REALLY"

Finally in my car and as I am leaving the lot. There are two lanes to leave. One for left turns one for right turns. Left turn out of this parking lot takes forever. I need to turn right. Numbnuts in front of me in right turn lane isnt going anywhere. No blinker on. Just not moving. I am honking, nothing. He has his hands up in the air  and is point across the road. Finally he puts his left blinker on. So not only do i have to wait for him to turn left, i actually have to also wait for the people turning left and in the proper lane to let him in, which probably isnt going to happen. 

I just lay on my horn and stay on it since he has the option of turning right and then turning right back into the parking lot looping around and then getting into proper lane. 

He finally turns right.

Its funny because typing this out it makes me realize how this is probably only like one extra negative experience compared to normal trip for everybody in here. 

If I wake up before my wife, I don’t turn on the light and am ver quiet. If my wife wakes up before me, she’s about as quiet as a Who concert. 
I almost always wake up first so i dont really encounter this, but when we put my daughter down for a nap i swear my wife hires a marching band to come through the house. 

If I wake up before my wife, I don’t turn on the light and am ver quiet. If my wife wakes up before me, she’s about as quiet as a Who concert. 
Middle of the night bathroom- if it's me, I close the en suite bathroom door into a dark room before turning on the light...because when wife doesn't, it wakes me up. Same goes for when I leave the bathroom. And I don't leave until the toilet has finished refilling the tank so she doesn't have to get woken up by it the way I do. 

Pull into my spot and directly ahead of me a man pulls into two spots. Leaves his car running and gets out. I notice he has left what is probably a 5-6 year old boy in the front seat on a tablet. 
Was the kid by himself?  If so, I would have called the cops.  Every year, a couple of kids here get taken by someone stealing a running car with kids in it.

To my cow-orker,

By the sound of it, your lower respiratory infection is progressing nicely. I certainly appreciate your dedication in coming to work every day for the past two weeks. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a useless, nonvalue-added drone that could easily complete their daily tasks while working from home. How would people know how special and important you are if you weren't spreading your filth throughout the office?
Update: We've just started Week 3 of TB ward roulette.  She sounds like she's dying.

Snoopy said:
So no Elton John and Olivia Newton John?
Oh, yeah.  That narrows it down.

The restrooms at the Saltgrass Steakhouse have the inside of the restroom doors labeled as the reverse of what they are.  Kind of a Richard move.

Unless you're old or infirm, there's really no excuse for needing to pull back on the person's seat in front of you when you get up to take a leak.
One exception is if the person sitting on the aisle refuses to stand up and sits sidesaddle instead so that you have to squeeze past them.  Holding onto the seat in front of them is necessary.  Happens 75% of the time in Asia, 50% of the time in Latin America.  Sometimes both the middle seat and the aisle seat don't stand up and expect you to squeeze past both of them.  If you're lucky, you were just going to the bathroom to be polite because you have major gas and you can assbomb the sidesaddler.

tkrull said:
Update: We've just started Week 3 of TB ward roulette.  She sounds like she's dying.
Hey HRGuys -

If I start referring to her as 'Patient Zero' in company emails and conversation, would I be contributing to a hostile work environment or some other actionable offense?

tkrull said:
Hard to believe given the current environment that they would continue to let her come to work. I'm also surprised no one has made a stink about it. Also, your bosses apparently suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a three shows last weekend and the crowd was generally great, but still wish a few self-absorbed jackasses could follow these simple rules:

1) I didn't pay to watch a concert through your phone.  If you want to snap a quick pic or two, go for it.  But an entire song or a run of songs?  For what?  How many times are you really going to go back and watch this later?  The sound is horrible, the video is jumpy, etc.  And I'm not talking about teenage girls videoing Billy Eilish to brag to their friends on snapchat, but grown-### men seeing old man bands.  

2) If you want to have a conversation, go outside.  I don't mean a quick comment here or there, but a full-blown back-and-forth.

3) If you want to be at the front against the stage, get there early.  Don't show up at the start of the set and then try to push your way to the front.  Total dbag move.

4) If you feel the need to dance/jump around aggressively, take stock of the situation before blindly knocking into people.  If no one else is moshing, maybe save it for the punk show.

I was at a three shows last weekend and the crowd was generally great, but still wish a few self-absorbed jackasses could follow these simple rules:

1) I didn't pay to watch a concert through your phone.  If you want to snap a quick pic or two, go for it.  But an entire songs or a run of songs?  For what?  How many times are you really going to go back and watch this later?  The sound is horrible, the video is jumpy, etc.  And I'm not talking about teenage girls videoing Billy Eilish to brag to their friends on snapchat, but grown-### men seeing old man bands.  

2) If you want to have a conversation, go outside.  I don't mean about a quick comment here or there, but a full-blown back-and-forth.

3) If you want to be at the front against the stage, get there early.  Don't show up at the start of the set and then try to push your way to the front.  Total dbag move.

4) If you feel the need to dance/jump around aggressively, take stock of the situation before blindly knocking into people.  If no one else is moshing, maybe save it for the punk show.
All of these. Minor quibble on three. Yes, you stood through the two opening acts. I'm simply too old to that and want an actual view of the band instead of looking at it through number one's phone and next to number two's conversation with his or her friend. Thus a conundrum arises for number three. 

All of these. Minor quibble on three. Yes, you stood through the two opening acts. I'm simply too old to that and want an actual view of the band instead of looking at it through number one's phone and next to number two's conversation with his or her friend. Thus a conundrum arises for number three. 
I get the quibble, and as a fellow oldster, understand your conundrum.  I feel like it's always a balancing act, and at most shows, self-aware folks can tell how close to the stage you can reasonably get when showing up post-opener.  Also, edging up is way different than pushing your way to the front like you own the place.

On the opposite end, totally sucks to be up against the rail early, then need to run the bar or bathroom, and have gatekeepers not want to let you back through.  I try to come and go the same way and make eye contact/chat with the folks in between, but I've had a couple instances where people have gotten all edgy when I came back.  Some of us are old and can't go 4 hours without taking a leak - cut us some slack.

2) If you want to have a conversation, go outside.  I don't mean about a quick comment here or there, but a full-blown back-and-forth.
this is my biggest pet peeve at football games

my uncle's wife brings a newspaper and full on unfolds the thing to read it while the game is going.  then she & my uncle talk about the events of the day as the game is going.

he's got a mind to pay attention to both & it's in his best interest to entertain her since she's there, but it makes me nuts. 

Hard to believe given the current environment that they would continue to let her come to work. I'm also surprised no one has made a stink about it. Also, your bosses apparently suck.
Because she's also a chronic chatter, I overheard her bragging that she's had influenza A & B back to back.  Who the hell brags about that?

Nobody has made a large stink because they don't want to seem like a germaphobic loon.

Most bosses do.

mr. furley said:
this is my biggest pet peeve at football games

my uncle's wife brings a newspaper and full on unfolds the thing to read it while the game is going.  then she & my uncle talk about the events of the day as the game is going.

he's got a mind to pay attention to both & it's in his best interest to entertain her since she's there, but it makes me nuts. 
That's just cat crap crazy.

I’m sure this has been posted before possibly even by me but it’s people who leave their cart in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store while they’re browsing for some other item.  Bonus points if it’s at the end of an aisle or the rare occasion where one person was courteous enough to push it off to one side and then some other jackass stops their cart right next to theirs coming the opposite way

When a reporter is interviewing someone and they don't ask a question. They just throw a statement out there. For example:

Sports talk radio host interviewing Patrick Mahomes: Hey Patrick, you guys really executed well out there today....

Mahomes: Yeah, Coach Reid really called some nice plays and we executed well.

Sports talk guy: That throw to Tyreek was right on the money in the third quarter....

Mahomes: Yeah, that was a nice route by Tyreek there.

:wall:

How about:

Sports talk guy: Hey Patrick how did you know Tyreek was going to be open on that play, especially with the D-end coming on a stunt up the middle?

Mahomes: Good question. When I saw the pre-snap coverage I saw the D-end cheating to the inside, so I knew Tyreek was going to be my hot read on that play.

:thumbup:

People that use the word "then" when they should use "than".  

He is so much smarter "then" that other guy.  Also hear people actually pronounce it using the "e" sound rather than the "a" sound.  

####in' hillbillies.

Earwax blockage. Going to Urgent Care for an ear flush at 2. The ringing and gentle dull throbbing for 7 days has taken its toll on me. Ugh.

Scoresman said:
People who use their fingers to whistle trying to get someone's attention.  Thanks for the heart attack, jackass.  
Sat next to Mr. Big Shot at a restaurant Saturday.  He snapped his fingers to get the server's attention 5 different times throughout the meal.  I kept waiting to see if he'd find a loogie in his potatoes but she had excellent restraint apparently

Sat next to Mr. Big Shot at a restaurant Saturday.  He snapped his fingers to get the server's attention 5 different times throughout the meal.  I kept waiting to see if he'd find a loogie in his potatoes but she had excellent restraint apparently
guy at the office walks up behind people who are sitting in their offices, leans in so that his mouth is less than a foot away from your ear, then reaches his hand in to your peripheral vision and snaps his fingers before he starts to talk

yes, i've said something to him about it.  even grabbed his hand & pushed him out of my office.

the behavior is so ingrained in his personality that he can't stop

guy at the office walks up behind people who are sitting in their offices, leans in so that his mouth is less than a foot away from your ear, then reaches his hand in to your peripheral vision and snaps his fingers before he starts to talk

yes, i've said something to him about it.  even grabbed his hand & pushed him out of my office.

the behavior is so ingrained in his personality that he can't stop
If ever there was a human being that deserved a full-volume air horn 1 cm from their earhole, it's this guy.  I've never even met him and I want to kick him in the taint

Users who are viewing this thread