Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

14 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

I hate pulling the pizza cutter out of the drawer and there's a little bit of old cheese hidden between the handle and the blade. It takes seconds to rinse, spin the blade a little and rinse again before putting it in the dishwasher. 

I bought one of the Good Grips pizza cutters that looks like a Pokémon ball. It completely comes apart and you can hand wash the rotary blade or put it in the dishwasher. Happy with it so far. Link

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offdee said:

you're a FBG, so the annoyance with the higher water level should happen as soon as you take a seat and your Flesh Sheik takes a dip.

FYP

• Laughing 1

15 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

I hate pulling the pizza cutter out of the drawer and there's a little bit of old cheese hidden between the handle and the blade. It takes seconds to rinse, spin the blade a little and rinse again before putting it in the dishwasher. 

54 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

I bought one of the Good Grips pizza cutters that looks like a Pokémon ball. It completely comes apart and you can hand wash the rotary blade or put it in the dishwasher. Happy with it so far. Link

A 10-12" chef knife does the trick as well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nirad3 said:

For real.  It's:

1.  Peanut butter on one slice

2. Get rid of excess PB on the other slice

3. Jelly on other slice

Yeah?

1. layer of creamy peanut butter on one slice

2. thinner layer of creamy peanut butter on the other slice

3. layer of crunchy peanut butter on both

4. jelly on either/or, or both

the creamy layer prevents tearing while spreading and seals the jelly in so you don't have a mushy sandwich if you're bagging it for lunch.

• Thinking 1

I like a tall toilet. Gives you a good splashdown distance without having to cut the water level down too low.

18 hours ago, Osaurus said:

I love the 80’s. 80’s what? 

@Ilov80s

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

No apostrophe in my name and also it’s totally meaningless. Just some random name I chose for a free AOL trial that ended up sticking. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On the train back to the city from a job site...and carrying a stone sample. Awkward size and heavy.

Next stop, what appears to be some kind of student group and chaperones gets on the same empty car and essentially surround me. Excited happy kids...whatever- I get up and move to a different car. As soon we start moving, loud annoying music...like somebody on hold, bit no recognizable song. The woman in front of me is doing some kind of dumb dumb game on her phone with the background music blasting...and appeared dumbfounded and confused that I asked her (politely) to turn the music off...and tacitly refused. 

I get up...again...and move to yet another different car- lugging this unwieldly hunk of stone and bag full of crap with me.

Train is getting more full...there's a windowless two seater behind a windowed four seat (2&2 facing eachother). I take the two seater because a group or couple or family might need or want to sit together. As soon as I sit down, some chucklehead bro-monster with giant Bluetooth pods sits solo in the fourseater, puts his feet up on the opposeit seat, bag next to him, and starts yelling into his phone/speakers. 

My peeve is all of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

On the train back to the city from a job site...and carrying a stone sample. Awkward size and heavy.

Next stop, what appears to be some kind of student group and chaperones gets on the same empty car and essentially surround me. Excited happy kids...whatever- I get up and move to a different car. As soon we start moving, loud annoying music...like somebody on hold, bit no recognizable song. The woman in front of me is doing some kind of dumb dumb game on her phone with the background music blasting...and appeared dumbfounded and confused that I asked her (politely) to turn the music off...and tacitly refused. 

I get up...again...and move to yet another different car- lugging this unwieldly hunk of stone and bag full of crap with me.

Train is getting more full...there's a windowless two seater behind a windowed four seat (2&2 facing eachother). I take the two seater because a group or couple or family might need or want to sit together. As soon as I sit down, some chucklehead bro-monster with giant Bluetooth pods sits solo in the fourseater, puts his feet up on the opposeit seat, bag next to him, and starts yelling into his phone/speakers. 

My peeve is all of that.

Throw the stone at him.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, xulf said:

What kind of animal puts the jelly on first  :confused:

Yeah I originally liked the OP for being anti cross contamination but then I realized he was going jelly first like some monster

i usually do this with toast or English muffins but its

1. butter

2. Wipe knife

3. PB

4. wipe knife 

5. jelly

6. throw knife in sink

7. enjoy

the one that even worse is when I would go visit my wife’s grandparents in Tennessee and the jelly would always have leftover biscuit particles in it

Weirdos....just lick the knife clean before you go into the jelly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cant wait for the Shiek taking a dump inside the airplane story.  

• Laughing 1

15 hours ago, El Floppo said:

My peeve is all of that.

#metoo

But I just boil it down to: The city.  I hate being in cities.  Crowds of people who are loud and obnoxious.  Hell is other people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

#metoo

But I just boil it down to: The city.  I hate being in cities.  Crowds of people who are loud and obnoxious.  Hell is other people. 

This was the train in the burbs heading to the city, but yes.

14 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

This was the train in the burbs heading to the city, but yes.

Somehow I think my definition of "the burbs" and your definition are completely different, GB.

I live in the burbs where there are no commuter trains.  Hell, I'm not even able to order Domino's pizza because no stores are close enough to deliver. 

All of you need to quit eating peanut butter, that's for 6 year olds, and put some ham or turkey on your damn sandwiches

• Like 1

20 hours ago, El Floppo said:

My peeve is all of that.

You have it much worse than I do but I agree that behavior on train cars is appalling.  Wait to talk on the phone when you're off the train.  Wear headphones.  Be aware of others around you.  Speak silently.  Just be courteous.  The lack of social awareness from people on public transportation is just mind boggling to me.  

10 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

All of you need to quit eating peanut butter, that's for 6 year olds, and put some ham or turkey on your damn sandwiches

I like to use peanut butter to make my pot butter cookies.  :shrug:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I like to use peanut butter to make my pot butter cookies.  :shrug:

Well that at least makes sense.

19 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

Yeah, I'm making said sandwich for my 7-year-old boy who eats nothing BUT PB&Js for lunch every single day.  

37 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Yeah, I'm making said sandwich for my 7-year-old boy who eats nothing BUT PB&Js for lunch every single day.  

NYC DOE = no peanut products allowed at school, including peanut butter. Sucks.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Somehow I think my definition of "the burbs" and your definition are completely different, GB.

I live in the burbs where there are no commuter trains.  Hell, I'm not even able to order Domino's pizza because no stores are close enough to deliver. 

I was coming back from Otis-land. The burbs.

Sounds like you're in the sticks. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

The lack of social awareness from people is just mind bottling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wlwiles said:

I feel sorry for someone who thinks they are too "mature" to enjoy the wondering sweet and salty goodness of a PB&J.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

A ham and jelly sandwich sounds nasty, though. :yucky:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Bacon Burger and peanut butter sliders are LEGIT

• Like 1

Reminded of these two on my flight today:

1. Unless you're old or infirm, there's really no excuse for needing to pull back on the person's seat in front of you when you get up to take a leak.

2. When you're wearing a heavy backpack, consider your surroundings before you turn in the aisle. Saw two people in aisle seats get nailed in the head this morning.

Edited by scorchy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scorchy said:

Reminded of these two on my flight today:

1. Unless you're old or infirm, there's really no excuse for needing to pull back on the person's seat in front of you when you get up to take a leak.

2. When your wearing a heavy backpack, consider your surroundings before you turn in the aisle. Saw two people in aisle seats get nailed in the head this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIaXJZs0qU

Dude was being a baby, but the lady is the definition of a Karen, both in looks and actions.

3 hours ago, scorchy said:

If you throw your seat full recline the second the wheels are in the well, I'm ripping that damn thing off it's hinges every time I need to get up.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

If you throw your seat full recline the second the wheels are in the well, I'm ripping that damn thing off it's hinges every time I need to get up.

Why so angry man? Already said I don't recline. And even then, you should still be able to stand up without the assistance of a seat back.

24 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Get a load of tough guy.

10 hours ago, scorchy said:

Why so angry man? Already said I don't recline. And even then, you should still be able to stand up without the assistance of a seat back.

I could be wrong, but I read "you" as the general you.  Not you in particular.  

• Thanks 1

To my cow-orker,

By the sound of it, your lower respiratory infection is progressing nicely. I certainly appreciate your dedication in coming to work every day for the past two weeks. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a useless, nonvalue-added drone that could easily complete their daily tasks while working from home. How would people know how special and important you are if you weren't spreading your filth throughout the office?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, tkrull said:

To my cow-orker,

By the sound of it, your lower respiratory infection is progressing nicely. I certainly appreciate your dedication in coming to work every day for the past two weeks. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a useless, nonvalue-added drone that could easily complete their daily tasks while working from home. How would people know how special and important you are if you weren't spreading your filth throughout the office?

Amen brother. Same thing here all week. My hands are raw from anti-bacterial sanitizer.  

People showing up to work sick is going to continue until we change the work culture in this country.  Right now, time spent physically in the office is equated with hard work which is complete nonsense.  I'm at work only 7-7.5 hours a day and work circles around people who have to stay late because they are either terrible at time management or BS half the day with other people in the office.  Then they get congratulated for putting in so many hours.  

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

People showing up to work sick is going to continue until we change the work culture in this country.  Right now, time spent physically in the office is equated with hard work which is complete nonsense.  I'm at work only 7-7.5 hours a day and work circles around people who have to stay late because they are either terrible at time management or BS half the day with other people in the office.  Then they get congratulated for putting in so many hours.  

Yup.  I hate the guys who brag, "I come in even if I'm sick."  Really?  That's great.  Because all that means is you probably got a bunch of other people sick who then took off work.  We lost 160 man hours instead of 16 man hours.  Congrats, idiot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Throw in the retail workers who sometimes don't even get sick days and this is a problem for everyone that steps out of their house.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Chatty kathy checkout people

This grocery trip may have been my worst ever as far as observing how crappy most people are in this world. 

Pull into my spot and directly ahead of me a man pulls into two spots. Leaves his car running and gets out. I notice he has left what is probably a 5-6 year old boy in the front seat on a tablet. 

Get into the store and they have a wine tasting event that they have decided right in front of the entryway on a day where it is -3 degrees and who knows what it was with the wind chill is the best place for it. 

It is like a cart/person obstacle course. 

I need to pick up a box of wine, an orange, and an apple to make mulled wine. This should be quick. Nope. 

Some dude is in the aisle I need to get into taking pictures of labels and probably sending them to his girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband for approval. He of course has his cart on an angle and he is on the other side of the aisle than his cart. 

I ask him to move. Nothing. I realize he has headphones in. So i basically have to scream to get this guy to move his cart. 

No issues with the produce. Get in line. I am third. Two people ahead of me have 3-4 items each just like me. Should be fast. Nope. Checkout lady wants to talk about every item everybody is buying. Either giving a reco on it or asking if it is good. Tells some dumb long story about how she used to buy regular pasta, but now she buys gluten free pasta and the guy didnt even have pasta! He had a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos. So maybe at least tell an applicable long winded story about how you only eat corn tortillas?

Finally its my turn. Oh great. Its my break time. Carla will be taking care of you. Ok great. Hi carla. I am not Carla, she is on her way. FML.

Leaving store and dude in front of me just takes his two bags out of his cart and literally leaves the cart right in the doorway. I actually let out a very loud "really, REALLY"

Finally in my car and as I am leaving the lot. There are two lanes to leave. One for left turns one for right turns. Left turn out of this parking lot takes forever. I need to turn right. Numbnuts in front of me in right turn lane isnt going anywhere. No blinker on. Just not moving. I am honking, nothing. He has his hands up in the air  and is point across the road. Finally he puts his left blinker on. So not only do i have to wait for him to turn left, i actually have to also wait for the people turning left and in the proper lane to let him in, which probably isnt going to happen. 

I just lay on my horn and stay on it since he has the option of turning right and then turning right back into the parking lot looping around and then getting into proper lane. 

He finally turns right.

Its funny because typing this out it makes me realize how this is probably only like one extra negative experience compared to normal trip for everybody in here. 

If I wake up before my wife, I don’t turn on the light and am ver quiet. If my wife wakes up before me, she’s about as quiet as a Who concert. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

38 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

If I wake up before my wife, I don’t turn on the light and am ver quiet. If my wife wakes up before me, she’s about as quiet as a Who concert. 

I almost always wake up first so i dont really encounter this, but when we put my daughter down for a nap i swear my wife hires a marching band to come through the house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Middle of the night bathroom- if it's me, I close the en suite bathroom door into a dark room before turning on the light...because when wife doesn't, it wakes me up. Same goes for when I leave the bathroom. And I don't leave until the toilet has finished refilling the tank so she doesn't have to get woken up by it the way I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Pull into my spot and directly ahead of me a man pulls into two spots. Leaves his car running and gets out. I notice he has left what is probably a 5-6 year old boy in the front seat on a tablet. 

Was the kid by himself?  If so, I would have called the cops.  Every year, a couple of kids here get taken by someone stealing a running car with kids in it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Was the kid by himself?  If so, I would have called the cops.  Every year, a couple of kids here get taken by someone stealing a running car with kids in it.

Yes

37 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Yes

What a doofus.  Why do people have kids, or even pets, if they don't want to take proper care of them?

Video games that have follow missions, but you run faster than the NPC you’re supposed to follow does. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Video games that have follow missions, but you run faster than the NPC you’re supposed to follow does. 

So... every video game with follow missions.

• Like 1