What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (8 Viewers)

What if you dont have pipes but your yard drains that way....asking for a friend
Natural drainage is ok. 

Now, there are a couple of houses in my neighborhood where the natural drainage has left mud all over their sidewalk. Mainly because they don't landscape or plant grass or anything.

So when it rains, there is about a 45 foot long thick mud bog all over the sidewalk.  

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i have a north facing house and all my snow melts in 2 directions one being across the sidewalk - and since its north facing there is always a sheet of ice and the last thing to thaw.... sucks

yeah i have a north facing house and all my snow melts in 2 directions one being across the sidewalk - and since its north facing there is always a sheet of ice and the last thing to thaw.... sucks
Those are ok. 

There are just a handful of people in my neighborhood that have no regard for people that use the sidewalk. And there are a lot in our neighborhood. There is this one house who just refuses to pick up their leaves, and they have those big sycamore trees in their front yard. So in the fall and then all through winter, there is about a foot deep of these leaves on the sidewalk.

As times goes on  they get wet and nasty under there, not to mention the sidewalk in front of their house has sunk in a couple of spots. So if you don't know that, it's easy to trip and fall there if you are walking or running. 

That Bayer commercial what ends with "This is why we science." I don't want a pharmaceutical company to try to be cool and start using nouns as verbs. I want precision and efficiency, not grammatical errors.
Makes me not want to take an Aspirin.

sometimes our freezer icemaker overfills (not sure why) and an ice cube will slide out onto the floor when you open the freezer drawer.  Once it hits the floor apparently it's completely invisible to every other person in my house.  Twice in the last week I go to the fridge wearing socks (I hate being barefoot, and don't wear shoes around the house) and step in a mini-puddle in the kitchen floor.  

sometimes our freezer icemaker overfills (not sure why) and an ice cube will slide out onto the floor when you open the freezer drawer.  Once it hits the floor apparently it's completely invisible to every other person in my house.  Twice in the last week I go to the fridge wearing socks (I hate being barefoot, and don't wear shoes around the house) and step in a mini-puddle in the kitchen floor.  
Happens in our house too.  It's not invisibility, it's laziness. 

Slippers man, slippers. I'm always sportin' the moccasins.

Wait, maybe that should go in the things that make you feel old thread...

We have the same thing. It's not necessarily a dereliction of duty in picking them up; sometimes they just shoot all over the floor and you can't find them. Minutes later? Somebody steps in a puddle, visibly annoyed.

i assume you have shoes without laces.
only a couple pairs of flip flops

but my favorite (and near throwing away stage) are my Nike Hurache's that are essentially sock tight and don't need lacing. they slip on and off very easily but don't slide while walking.

and i don't tie sneakers in the summer. ever. unless i'm hiking or something.

Car wash/bank/library returns where the touch screen devices are "protected" by pylons that put you about six feet from the device. 

Who are these designed for? Mr Fantastic? Mrs Incredible? Who can reach these screens without pulling an oblique?

On the train back to the city from a job site...and carrying a stone sample. Awkward size and heavy.

Next stop, what appears to be some kind of student group and chaperones gets on the same empty car and essentially surround me. Excited happy kids...whatever- I get up and move to a different car. As soon we start moving, loud annoying music...like somebody on hold, bit no recognizable song. The woman in front of me is doing some kind of dumb dumb game on her phone with the background music blasting...and appeared dumbfounded and confused that I asked her (politely) to turn the music off...and tacitly refused. 

I get up...again...and move to yet another different car- lugging this unwieldly hunk of stone and bag full of crap with me.

Train is getting more full...there's a windowless two seater behind a windowed four seat (2&2 facing eachother). I take the two seater because a group or couple or family might need or want to sit together. As soon as I sit down, some chucklehead bro-monster with giant Bluetooth pods sits solo in the fourseater, puts his feet up on the opposeit seat, bag next to him, and starts yelling into his phone/speakers. 

My peeve is all of that.
That stone would be dripping with the blood of numerous people, were I the one in that situation. I admire your restraint.

guy at the office walks up behind people who are sitting in their offices, leans in so that his mouth is less than a foot away from your ear, then reaches his hand in to your peripheral vision and snaps his fingers before he starts to talk

yes, i've said something to him about it.  even grabbed his hand & pushed him out of my office.

the behavior is so ingrained in his personality that he can't stop
I'd borrow floppo's stone sample and bash this guy's head in. Apparently, I need to stop drinking coffee this morning. 

Car wash/bank/library returns where the touch screen devices are "protected" by pylons that put you about six feet from the device. 

Who are these designed for? Mr Fantastic? Mrs Incredible? Who can reach these screens without pulling an oblique?
well since there is Braille on the buttons i assume blind drivers

FACEBOOK RANT #1,004,369

ok, most will say "YOUR FAULT FOR BEING ON THERE, WHY DO YOU STAY??!11!1!?"

because friends and family are far flung all across this COVID-ridden blue/green marble, that's why ... ehhh. 

to begin -

there's always that poster who will chuck up the memes along the lines of "NO ONE KNOWS THE PAIN I ENDURE EVERY DAY, I JUST SMILE AND GRIND ON! I SUFFER IN SILENCE, I NEVER SHOW HOW HURT I AM!" - and many others of that ilk will be posted a couple/few times every day.  

but the same tvvat waffle posting that #### will bombard your feed with "ohhh, i feel so horrible today!!" or "i am in so much pain, my feet/neck/back are killing me!!!" or "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME, I'M SO TIRED AND IN SO MUCH PAIN!" or "i just wanna cry right now, i am so sad!!!"

REALLY? WTF?  I THOUGHT YOU KEPT YOUR PAIN TO YOURSELF??!?

look, have some cotdamn dignity - stop advertising EVERY. LAST. ONE. OF. YOUR. LIFE'S. ILLS. 

:wall: :wall: :wall:

/rant.

FACEBOOK RANT #1,004,369

ok, most will say "YOUR FAULT FOR BEING ON THERE, WHY DO YOU STAY??!11!1!?"

because friends and family are far flung all across this COVID-ridden blue/green marble, that's why ... ehhh. 

to begin -

there's always that poster who will chuck up the memes along the lines of "NO ONE KNOWS THE PAIN I ENDURE EVERY DAY, I JUST SMILE AND GRIND ON! I SUFFER IN SILENCE, I NEVER SHOW HOW HURT I AM!" - and many others of that ilk will be posted a couple/few times every day.  

but the same tvvat waffle posting that #### will bombard your feed with "ohhh, i feel so horrible today!!" or "i am in so much pain, my feet/neck/back are killing me!!!" or "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME, I'M SO TIRED AND IN SO MUCH PAIN!" or "i just wanna cry right now, i am so sad!!!"

REALLY? WTF?  I THOUGHT YOU KEPT YOUR PAIN TO YOURSELF??!?

look, have some cotdamn dignity - stop advertising EVERY. LAST. ONE. OF. YOUR. LIFE'S. ILLS. 

:wall: :wall: :wall:

/rant.
I put my own sister on ignore because I got tired of her fundraising one year. Not sure why you wouldn't do that here. 

Side note...Two people I know are getting divorced right now and I am absolutely loving the passive agressive slapfight they have going on via facebook. It is so childish and dumb, but I still enjoy it.

I put my own sister on ignore because I got tired of her fundraising one year. Not sure why you wouldn't do that here. 
i barely have 120 contacts, i consider them all "solid" ... but, good ####in' gravy, is it tedious.  i snooze 'em for 30 days on the reg, but when i forget to re-up, sure as ####, the same "I'M TOUGH INSIDE!!1!" followed by "WOE IS ME!" comes like clockwork.   

Side note...Two people I know are getting divorced right now and I am absolutely loving the passive agressive slapfight they have going on via facebook. It is so childish and dumb, but I still enjoy it.
oh, no question the  :tfp:

factor is GOLD, Jerry ... GOLD!

People who blow by No Soliciting signs.

We have a big red one on the front door of our office. Right by the handle. Impossible to miss.

We then have another one at the desk of the person sitting in the front that, if you were rude enough to blow through the first one, could see that we won't accept solicitors. Yet they completely ignore both.

Drives me nuts. 

People who blow by No Soliciting signs.

We have a big red one on the front door of our office. Right by the handle. Impossible to miss.

We then have another one at the desk of the person sitting in the front that, if you were rude enough to blow through the first one, could see that we won't accept solicitors. Yet they completely ignore both.

Drives me nuts. 
You think the people doing the soliciting actually know what the word means?   Best put something out that they can understand... like GO AWAY!

I've had my shoes on the wrong foot, unevenly buttoned shirts, worn a dress inside out...and on. Fuzzy mind on meds does that. My biggest self pet peeve. I have to remember to focus nowadays. 

I've had my shoes on the wrong foot, unevenly buttoned shirts, worn a dress inside out...and on. Fuzzy mind on meds does that. My biggest self pet peeve. I have to remember to focus nowadays. 
I have no idea how you get your shoes on the wrong feet.  But then, I'm the one who tried to put both legs into one side of my jeans, so what do i know?  At least you have a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread