What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

Props to the guys that were making the call on Crowell being ahead of West back before camp started.

Look out for Winston too folks, dude has skills.

It was clear coaches are particularly fond of Crowell. I own tate and Crowell. If tate goes down (he will) Crowell will be an instant top 5 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah west is 3rd string.
Winston is 3rd string today,technically that makes West 4th string.
I'm seeing West as Out on ESPN. Can anyone corroborate?
Coaches decision.

They like Crowell and apparently Winston better.
I think Winston contributes on special teams
Cool thanks couldn't find on RW. I have held Crowell on all my teams while dumping West last week. This affirms those decisions. Crowell will be gold when Tate goes down (not if) and even has some good flex value during bye weeks if Tate is starting.

Just a note for those playing in Dynasties, etc... let's not forget how fluid the NFL is - ESPECIALLY at RB.

For now, West is dead for fantasy. But one week can see a lot change, and he has shown a good amount of talent. Crowell's just been fantastic. However he also has had some character concerns, IIRC - so Tate until he gets dinged, then Crow... but all backups on this team with talent are worth keeping an eye on.

Wow. This news has me tempted to start Tate and Crowell over Tate and Fjax.... I could see the crow getting 10-15 touches and a TD easy with no west to bog him down.

ahhh, man. This is tempting me to drop CJ Anderson for Crowell who is FA. I can only roster 1 of em. Wanted to wait a week or 2 and see how the Denver RB situation plays out. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah west is 3rd string.
Winston is 3rd string today,technically that makes West 4th string.
I'm seeing West as Out on ESPN. Can anyone corroborate?
Coaches decision.

They like Crowell and apparently Winston better.
I think Winston contributes on special teams
Yeah, but let's not forget, Winston runs the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000383224/Winston-27-yard-touchdown-run

The move of making Terrance West inactive and activating Glenn Winston is big, don't underestimate Glenn Winston.

Browns GM Ray Farmer has been talking up Winston ever since he picked him up.

Their was absolutely no need for the Browns to pick up a RB after the way West and Crowell and Tate had played in preseason. The Browns were loaded so everyone questioned why Ray picked up Winston but Farmer has been telling everyone if they think Isaiah Crowell was a surprise, just wait till they see Winston.

He said he wasn't sure if he could get him on the field this year but he sorta pined for the day he could get Glenn Winston on the field for everyone to see.

Today might be that day folks. Jes say'n don't sleep on this sleeper.

I picked him up as a super-deeeeeeep flyer. If he doesn't do anything I'll drop him but anything is possible with this Cleveland backfield where all three of the backs have looked great at different times. West isn't hurt so if the team made him inactive and activated Winston, that is huge IMHO.

One thing I've noticed about the Browns RBs is that none of them have stepped-up as receivers in the passing game. Considering the 'weak' state of the Browns receivers corps and that TE Jordan Cameron has been dinged up it is a crime that none of the RBs, both rookie RBs Isaiah Crowell and Terrance West and RB Ben Tate haven't done squat catching the ball.

Maybe Winston was activated and West was sat for that reason, to be a factor in the passing game since none of the other RBs have done anything as receivers.

ahhh, man. This is tempting me to drop CJ Anderson for Crowell who is FA. I can only roster 1 of em. Wanted to wait a week or 2 and see how the Denver RB situation plays out. Decisions, decisions.
Tough one. I like Crowell more long term for sure.

It was clear coaches are particularly fond of Crowell. I own tate and Crowell. If tate goes down (he will) Crowell will be an instant top 5 back.
Simmer down with the hype.
why?Is tate better than Crowell? Cause he's not. Obviously Cle feels they have something special in Crowell. They made him work for it and little by little he's climbed the depth chart to the #2 back right now. Cle ' s run game is one of the best in the league. When tate goes down and the way the RB landscape is around the league, how many backs would you take before Crowell if he was the #1? Not hype just logic.

The move of making Terrance West inactive and activating Glenn Winston is big, don't underestimate Glenn Winston.

Browns GM Ray Farmer has been talking up Winston ever since he picked him up.

Their was absolutely no need for the Browns to pick up a RB after the way West and Crowell and Tate had played in preseason. The Browns were loaded so everyone questioned why Ray picked up Winston but Farmer has been telling everyone if they think Isaiah Crowell was a surprise, just wait till they see Winston.

He said he wasn't sure if he could get him on the field this year but he sorta pined for the day he could get Glenn Winston on the field for everyone to see.

Today might be that day folks. Jes say'n don't sleep on this sleeper.

I picked him up as a super-deeeeeeep flyer. If he doesn't do anything I'll drop him but anything is possible with this Cleveland backfield where all three of the backs have looked great at different times. West isn't hurt so if the team made him inactive and activated Winston, that is huge IMHO.

One thing I've noticed about the Browns RBs is that none of them have stepped-up as receivers in the passing game. Considering the 'weak' state of the Browns receivers corps and that TE Jordan Cameron has been dinged up it is a crime that none of the RBs, both rookie RBs Isaiah Crowell and Terrance West and RB Ben Tate haven't done squat catching the ball.

Maybe Winston was activated and West was sat for that reason, to be a factor in the passing game since none of the other RBs have done anything as receivers.
:thumbup: Pay attention kids. This is how you win at Fantasy Football.

I was surprised when people were cutting Crowell this past week for players like Storm Johnson. Patience and knowledge wins fantasy leagues. This guy has the chance of being a RB1 for the season. I understand people need RB fillers but anyone who knows football understands the upside with Crowell with that offensive line.

I have a feeling they deactivated west to see if Crowell would seize the job. They gave him many chances but fumbled and they went back to the less effective tate.

Clinton Portis rookie year vibes all of a sudden. Continued hold, but it may take a few more games now than it should have after today.

Alex Mack injury also a potentially major blow. Won't be playing the Stillers every week.

what stat source are you guys looking at? ESPN has Crowell with 2 fumbles; 1 lost. Hoyer with 1 for a total of 3.
The Hoyer and one of the Crowell fumbles were both on pitches to Crowell. Apparently they assigned blame for one of them to Hoyer.

Crowell also fumbled down field on a run.

Users who are viewing this thread