What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (2 Viewers)

Today will be a key game for Crow's outlook for the rest of the season. I'm looking at the carry distribution and how the o-line plays without their center. A Tate injury could always change things quickly.
as long as Tate is healthy Crow probably isn't topping ten carries and doesn't offer much in the passing game, the appeal to Crow is what he could do if Tate goes down.
Not necessarily. Theres a real chance they will roll w/ Tate and Crowell and a 75/25 split. For all we know Tate/West 75/25 was always the plan but Crowell was too good to let it happen.

I agree. Todays huge. If Crowell get 11 carries hes a lock at flex for the next few weeks with their schedule.

Why don't some of you start a Ben Tate injury thread, and you can go cheer for an injury over there.

Getting a little ridiculous.
I don't think anyone is cheering. People are simply acknowledging Crowell looks like a potential fantasy stud given the opportunity, and there is a higher than normal probability of receiving that opportunity given this situation.

jtp1982 said:
CBS reported yesterday West will be active this week, back on team's good side. Makes Crowell less of a lock @ flex for me, will be interesting to see each guy's usage.
What exactly was this thing with West all about? What did he do to get on their #### list?

jtp1982 said:
CBS reported yesterday West will be active this week, back on team's good side. Makes Crowell less of a lock @ flex for me, will be interesting to see each guy's usage.
What exactly was this thing with West all about? What did he do to get on their #### list?
He wasn't carrying out play fakes and was generally slacking at practice. He's quoted as saying he was frustrated by losing the #2 spot to Crowell but now he understands he needs to get over it and he's going to do that.

Today will be a key game for Crow's outlook for the rest of the season. I'm looking at the carry distribution and how the o-line plays without their center. A Tate injury could always change things quickly.
as long as Tate is healthy Crow probably isn't topping ten carries and doesn't offer much in the passing game, the appeal to Crow is what he could do if Tate goes down.
Not necessarily. Theres a real chance they will roll w/ Tate and Crowell and a 75/25 split. For all we know Tate/West 75/25 was always the plan but Crowell was too good to let it happen.

I agree. Todays huge. If Crowell get 11 carries hes a lock at flex for the next few weeks with their schedule.
if it's a 75/25 split then expecting Crow to get 11 carries is kinda crazy.

if it's a 75/25 split then expecting Crow to get 11 carries is kinda crazy.
Fair enough. My math's off. Tate will gey max around 22 carries. Theyll total 32-35 rushes. If Crowell is the focus at West's expense that could get him 11 touches.

I'm a Tate owner and traded Ryan Matthews and Colston for Crowell. Neither was going to see my starting line-up.
As a Tate owner I had to have Crow. Just traded Forsett/Edelman for Crow/Hunter. I know on paper it looks pricey (and yes I overpaid) but in the big picture Im thrilled to have Crow and neither Forsett or Edelman would have ever seen my starting lineup.

I follow Isaiah Crowell on twitter and the day after the Steeler game Ben Tate congratulated him on his good game.

Crowell responded thanks for leading the way and that they will be the leading RB duo in the league.

Sometime yesterday he deleted that tweet..but the fact that he referred to himself and Tate as a duo was very interesting to me.
Why is it interesting? How else would he refer to himself and Tate?
It's interesting because he used duo and not trio to include West
Maybe because West wasn't active for the game, and they were the duo that acctually played?

Tate did go down and Crowell replaced him, so he was next man up.

Bad news is on the next 4 plays Brownies went empty backfield and lined Crowell up as a WR twice.

Yep, tate stayed down, and came off...

This could be the break he needed to go to undoubted #1...

Tho as a Browns fan, a full backfield is better

One of them will not be on the roster next year. Count on it. Too many roosters in the hen house and they are scratching like cats.

it was tough sledding for all of them today.

but i really didn't like what i saw from West today.
Nor did I, I'm punting West for whatever I can get off the wire.

Looks like Crowell owners will be fine going forward, he still looks like the best RB there.

Why don't some of you start a Ben Tate injury thread, and you can go cheer for an injury over there.

Getting a little ridiculous.
I don't think anyone is cheering. People are simply acknowledging Crowell looks like a potential fantasy stud given the opportunity, and there is a higher than normal probability of receiving that opportunity given this situation.
Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

ponchsox, on 19 Oct 2014 - 3:59 PM, said:

Crow time! Tate hurt
Celebrating injury is always good shtick. Even better when it turns out to be a breather.
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
8 touches for Tate, 6 touches for West.

So much for Crowell being clearly ahead of West.
Who said Crowell was clearly ahead of West? :shrug:
Apparently you missed all the grand standing last the past few weeks.
I read it all. I don't remember anybody saying Crowell was clearly ahead of West. :shrug:

Maybe you could quote all of those grandstanding posts where people said that, you know, prove you aren't full of crap?

Users who are viewing this thread