What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (2 Viewers)

how does he have 20 yards in the half w/ that (almost great td) run of about 15?

unfortunate he couldn't convert from the 1.
He's Terrible and will never be in my lineup again.

This was the perfect situation and he cant get a simple goal line TD
he proved last week he's very tough in the red zone, bashed three guys to get in from several yards out

but let's pretend it's about him and not pettine sending duke out on 4th and goal, ok sure :rolleyes:

pettine is trash, but they'll just hire someone worse When they fire him, so basically just hoping crow is smart enough to gtfo and take his considerable talent somewhere it will be utilized and appreciated.

I jumped off the Crow train a few days ago sending him away in a multiple player and pick trade for Antonio Brown. (Crow, Andre Johnson, Vernon Davis, and 2 2016 1st round rookie picks)

Was feeling pretty good until Big Ben got knocked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut him last week simply because I made the decision I did not want to have any players on the Cleveland team. I got caught up in the Cleveland 3 headed monster last year with Crow and he is the ultimate fantasy tease. I'm leaning toward TB next, ie VJax. Bad teams are just bad, even in garbage time.

the OL was supposed to be their strength but crows only good run was on the outside away from the line. stopped twice on the 1, empty backfield on 4 and goal from the 1 with him on the sideline, his only saving grace was that duke looked even worse.

They can't run the ball effectively. Not sure there's a worse collection of QBs & pass catchers in the league so I don't see much reason for hope.

Last two weeks were plus matchups. Time to move on, nothing to see here.

I really liked Crowell last year, especially when Mack was in there. Even later in the year he had flashes. But I don't think he's ever going to have consistent production in 2015. That offense is a mess.

This isn't even about Crow vs. Duke anymore. This team is a mess and the head coach is clueless. They will draft another RB next season thinking that should fix things. Then they will all be in a timeshare.
No it's about Crow vs. Duke vs. Turbin?

Probably dropping him this week in my PPR. Too many players on the wire with better upside. I can't imagine starting Crow, and don't see things getting better. When considering whether to drop a player like Crowell I like to ask myself if this is a player I would pick up if he were an available free agent. If the answer is no, then there's no reason to waste the space on him.

how does he have 20 yards in the half w/ that (almost great td) run of about 15?

unfortunate he couldn't convert from the 1.
He's Terrible and will never be in my lineup again.This was the perfect situation and he cant get a simple goal line TD
Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. He sucks. And it's so obvious that they don't want him to win the job in Cleveland--even when he's performed decently, they've always been intent on establishing a timeshare, drafted Duke Johnson, etc. I won't be using him in my lineup again.

I swear next time Soulfully pimps something I am jumping over board before I finish reading his post. Dude's curse is stronger than Madden's.

I had to move Foster off of an IR spot this week as he's Q right now. I tried to trade Crowell for some pretty bad players and got laughed at.

Ended up dropping him. RB is such a mess you never want to drop someone getting 12+ touches a game, but I'm glad I'm no longer tempted to play him.

Is Crowell able to redeem his FF value vs a porous SD run defense this week?
From a game flow perspective I wouldn't count on it even though SD has been generous to RBs this year. Honestly, I'm expecting a switch back to Manziel next week after SD pummels McCown at home and would advise staying away from all things CLE this week.

Is Crowell able to redeem his FF value vs a porous SD run defense this week?
From a game flow perspective I wouldn't count on it even though SD has been generous to RBs this year. Honestly, I'm expecting a switch back to Manziel next week after SD pummels McCown at home and would advise staying away from all things CLE this week.
x2

west coast trip

qb's a mess

duke getting his

whole team is underperforming

need a close game or god forbid a lead to focus on the run

we just lost to the raiders at friggin home...

oh, and the TMZ distractions

as a browns fan I hope i'm completely wrong and the browns crush the chargers.

Is Duke or Crow the guy to own? Or is it a complete waste because it's about to be a 3 way split?

Just saw Ryan Mathews hit the waiver wire and not sure which clown to dump.

I wanted to believe but I just cut bait after looking at their schedule. Brutal stuff and I don't think cro translates to their inevitable Johnny offense

(Rotoworld)Browns coach Mike Pettine said Isaiah Crowell "missed some runs" in last weekÂ’s loss to the Raiders.

Analysis: Crowell has been a big part of ClevelandÂ’s run game problems, with defenses holding him under 40 yards in two of the three games. The Cleveland Plain Dealer believes his starting job is "wide open for someone to claim." Crowell is averaging 3.1 YPC and has two touchdowns in eight games since last season. Duke Johnson outsnapped Crowell last week and remains the top pass-down option. Robert Turbin (ankle) could overtake Crowell on early downs if his struggles continue.

Dropped Crow for Rawls (also facing the Lynch owner so it was a sort block move to limit him come MNF)

He gone. As they said in Shawshank Redemption "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things." and anyone you replace him with at least gives you that.

Calling all Browns homers: watching Crow and the Browns thus far, does he have what it takes to be the back on that team or is he waiver wire quality in fantasy redraft leagues?

I do want to point out, to all the "non believers"..................

Before you just cut bait and drop him altogether, consider that the Chargers are giving up the 2nd MOST fantasy points to running backs this season.

Sure, its a small sample size so far, but with the ugliness of all the RBs scenarios so far this season, some of us have to start him out of necessity in a few spots.

I have him in 2 leagues where I am essentially forced to start him due to injuries, byes and what have you.

This is obviously a plus matchup, and if there is any hope for him to take over, then this is the matchup for him to show he can do it.

I am in a scenario where I don't have much choice, and by no means am I saying believe in the guy.

But if there is any doubt, I would think we will know more after tomorrows good matchup.

If he has a good showing tomorrow, then just maybe he is worth clinging on to, as bench depth or a spot start later in the season.

If he is awful yet again, then I will most likely drop the guy and just wash my hands of the Cleveland backfield.

TZM

Before you just cut bait and drop him altogether, consider that the Chargers are giving up the 2nd MOST fantasy points to running backs this season.

Sure, its a small sample size so far, but with the ugliness of all the RBs scenarios so far this season, some of us have to start him out of necessity in a few spots.

I have him in 2 leagues where I am essentially forced to start him due to injuries, byes and what have you.

This is obviously a plus matchup, and if there is any hope for him to take over, then this is the matchup for him to show he can do it.

I am in a scenario where I don't have much choice, and by no means am I saying believe in the guy.

But if there is any doubt, I would think we will know more after tomorrows good matchup.

If he has a good showing tomorrow, then just maybe he is worth clinging on to, as bench depth or a spot start later in the season.

If he is awful yet again, then I will most likely drop the guy and just wash my hands of the Cleveland backfield.

TZM
yeah, not playing him tomorrow but i do think it's a little too soon to cut him. of course depends on roster sizes, etc.

TZM
yeah, not playing him tomorrow but i do think it's a little too soon to cut him. of course depends on roster sizes, etc.
If you own him and you're not starting him tomorrow, you may as well drop him. He won't get a better situation this year.

No defense of Crowell, Cleveland press saying he's lost a step.

But the O-line that FBG has ranked as #2 is playing like crap. Even pro bowler Mack is getting pushed around. I guess having your O-line coach fired for domestic assault doesn't help.

Manziel opening up the field would help. Part of the reason I bought into Crowell last year was because I bought into Pettine. Pettine's coaching safe so he keeps his job. Wuss move and I hope the whole thing blows up on him for not making what could have been a fun team to watch one match away from a dumpster fire.

But the O-line that FBG has ranked as #2 is playing like crap. Even pro bowler Mack is getting pushed around. I guess having your O-line coach fired for domestic assault doesn't help.

Manziel opening up the field would help. Part of the reason I bought into Crowell last year was because I bought into Pettine. Pettine's coaching safe so he keeps his job. Wuss move and I hope the whole thing blows up on him for not making what could have been a fun team to watch one match away from a dumpster fire.
seems odd for a guy so young with so many reps to lose a step. but as a crowell believer and someone who invested in him in my contract league, i'm pretty disappointed in what he's shown this year.

that said, i'm still holding out hope that things might look a little different with manziel in there. so i'll wait until the inevitable QB switch happens before i cut bait on him.

you can't lose a step at 22 unless you're injured.

Look, I'm not even confident in Crow getting touches when game flow is positive let alone in a game where CLE is +7. Pettine seems like he's soured on Crow/never really wanted him to be their lead back in the first place. I don't think you can start the guy with any real confidence..you're essentially just praying for a TD. Given the fact that CLE couldn't take advantage of OAK only fielding 10 men at the GL last week and yeah, I don't think you can start Crow.

seems odd for a guy so young with so many reps to lose a step. but as a crowell believer and someone who invested in him in my contract league, i'm pretty disappointed in what he's shown this year.

that said, i'm still holding out hope that things might look a little different with manziel in there. so i'll wait until the inevitable QB switch happens before i cut bait on him.
I am reminded of Trent Richardson when I read that.

I am reminded of Trent Richardson when I read that.
Something in the water in Cleveland?

I tell ya, when I was growing up in the late 70's and 80's, the old Browns before they move to Baltimore were such a hated yet respected AFC Central rivalry. My how badly their NFL football team has fallen since then. It's gotta be more than something in the water. Even with their new ownership, they are still the new Cleveland Clowns rather than anything resembling the old Cleveland Browns.

Users who are viewing this thread