What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We have banned Ray Rice from our FFL for life - please join us (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toppshelff

Footballguy
I sent this message to the league this evening:

"League,

As I got off the plane today and went online, I was deeply shocked by the video that was released of Ray Rice and his then-fiancee. As a father of 2 girls, I will not stand for any domestic abuse of the sort I saw. It was deeply disturbing, especially to see them together still (and now married) afterwards.

I quickly talked to Tom, who owns Ray Rice in our league, and we both immediately agreed that Tom would drop Ray Rice, and I would take the Executive Action of banning Ray Rice from our league forever. He can not be picked up this season, he can not be drafted next season, nor any season afterwards. From here on, he does not exist in our league.

I have no qualifications to suggest this, but if you are being abused, or know of anyone being abused, contact the police or a women's group that can help the abused get out of the situation. If you have ever hit a woman in your life in anger or frustration, please get counseling so that it doesn't progress further, and never raise your hand again.

I know that I'm stretching the authority of my position here, but I hope that you will be understanding and supportive. And I applaud Tom for being completely aligned and supportive, despite the hole this scumbag has left in Tom's team."

I also ask, if anybody on this forum knows how to delete a player from MFL, please let me know.

How about Peyton Manning?

Naughright alleges that Manning pulled down his pants and placed his #### and "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

Whatever makes you feel better but I find this incredibly silly.

So no, my leagues won't be joining you.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks.

It's not my place to judge Ray Rice as a human being, long term, as much as I might judge his recent actions.

If he turns his life around and convinces the NFL he should play again some day, and doesn't have a "strike two", then that's enough for me.

I think he's a piece of ####, but I don't think he needs to spend the rest of his life as a piece of ####. One action does not have to define a man.

"League,

As I got off the plane today and went online, I was deeply shocked by the video that was released of Ray Rice and his then-fiancee. As a father of 2 girls, I will not stand for any domestic abuse of the sort I saw. It was deeply disturbing, especially to see them together still (and now married) afterwards.

I quickly talked to Tom, who owns Ray Rice in our league, and we both immediately agreed that Tom would drop Ray Rice, and I would take the Executive Action of banning Ray Rice from our league forever. He can not be picked up this season, he can not be drafted next season, nor any season afterwards. From here on, he does not exist in our league.

I have no qualifications to suggest this, but if you are being abused, or know of anyone being abused, contact the police or a women's group that can help the abused get out of the situation. If you have ever hit a woman in your life in anger or frustration, please get counseling so that it doesn't progress further, and never raise your hand again.

I know that I'm stretching the authority of my position here, but I hope that you will be understanding and supportive. And I applaud Tom for being completely aligned and supportive, despite the hole this scumbag has left in Tom's team."

I also ask, if anybody on this forum knows how to delete a player from MFL, please let me know.
I think you can lock players?

Can you lock him for 17 weeks?

Why didn't you do this before the season started? You knew about this months ago. Way to make a stand! Or is this like the NFL, where you pretend to act tough, but ultimately take a series of meaningless actions?

Some advice?

Just be careful with this can of worms.

Today is Rice, tomorrow one of your players is involved is some issue and an owner in your league suggest banning said player as well.

You disagree and all hell breaks loose

Why didn't you do this before the season started? You knew about this months ago. Way to make a stand! Or is this like the NFL, where you pretend to act tough, but ultimately take a series of meaningless actions?
His post says he will not stand for what he 'saw'

It wasn't real until then. Just like no one saw Greg Hardy choke his ex-gf so it doesn't count

Hey, it's not like he killed a guy.

(What does it say about the current state of the NFL that that's a completely legitimate, non-hyperbolic defense of someone?)

Our league banned Josh Gordon for life because we're really opposed to weed, and the Cleveland Browns.

"League,

So only domestic violence in a public location with video footage gets the ban?

Guys I'm willing to found NARR if there is enough support. There will be punch and some cookies and we can sit around and talk about how we hate him for punching that woman and for also ruining fantasy teams which we know is also importa-

Guys I'm willing to found NARR if there is enough support. There will be punch and some cookies and we can sit around and talk about how we hate him for punching that woman and for also ruining fantasy teams which we know is also importa-
how dare you

so what I don't get is the league, the Ravens, and your league knew Rice KO'd his wife in an elevator with only the league slapping him on the wrist. Then a video emerges of Rice doing what everyone knows he did and all of a sudden the team cuts him, the league suspends him and your league does this. why not just do this when the news came out that he KO'd his wife in an elevator? same for the league. Same for the team.

Somewhat related, we forced one of our league owners to sell his franchise after we found out he sent an email out to another owner that was racially insensitive.

You know, I hit my sister when I was about 5 years old I think, and it's haunted me to this day. Your post has finally given me the courage to go and get the counselling I need. And from now on I'm gonna make sure that if I ever raise my hand again, it'll be to someone with penis, that's for sure. Thank you very much, toppshelff.

so what I don't get is the league, the Ravens, and your league knew Rice KO'd his wife in an elevator with only the league slapping him on the wrist. Then a video emerges of Rice doing what everyone knows he did and all of a sudden the team cuts him, the league suspends him and your league does this. why not just do this when the news came out that he KO'd his wife in an elevator? same for the league. Same for the team.
I believe elevator railing was railroaded previously

now we know who the true perp is

toppshelff said:

"League,

If someone does not want to have them on their team that is up to them. But as a Commissioner, I don't think it is within my rights to ban him from all teams no matter how I personally feel about the situation.

toppshelff said:
And I applaud Tom for being completely aligned and supportive
If someone does not want to have them on their team that is up to them. But as a Commissioner, I don't think it is within my rights to ban him from all teams no matter how I personally feel about the situation.
You aren't being very aligned or supportive here, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread