What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Android/Google All the Time (7 Viewers)

I restarted my nexus5, and the problems were fixed. But it was bad for a while.

Scrolling up and down in fbg threads is still choppy though.
odds are, and IM guessing, you have some sort of incompatible app that is causing these issues, or many of the issues in general for ppl

if an app isnt yet updated for Lollipop it could wreak havoc on the system.

Im a minimal app kinda guy. The basics and a few necessities for me. No issues, whatsoever
I restarted my nexus5, and the problems were fixed. But it was bad for a while.

Scrolling up and down in fbg threads is still choppy though.
odds are, and IM guessing, you have some sort of incompatible app that is causing these issues, or many of the issues in general for ppl

if an app isnt yet updated for Lollipop it could wreak havoc on the system.

Im a minimal app kinda guy. The basics and a few necessities for me. No issues, whatsoever
Yah I made sure to update all my apps after I updated to L.

Gonna share a screenshot of my home screen:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2iasx3n.jpg

Haven't fully tweaked it out yet with Zooper, but this was a lot easier with Aviate as the launcher. If anybody wants this, PM me for the files.
as annoying as you may be in this thread, that is pretty slick looking.
I was trying to build a screen like this completely with Zooper Pro, but it was a PITA. I have both Apex Pro and Nova Prime, but Aviate is pretty simple and slick, although a touch laggy.

I'm also testing the Z Launcher Beta. This one is wierd. It's gesture driven, and those who use multi-screens will find it annoying. It's very basic, but the concept is cool for those who are really into pure minimalism. It still needs a lot of work IMO to be a daily driver.

ETA: also tried out Themer to get a look like this, but I find both Themer and Buzz resource hogs, not as tactile, and really fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, ES File Manager has made wireless tethering with my PC so easy that I put Airdroid to bed, and it's faster than Pushbullet.

SacramentoBob said:
The double top swipe thing is nice. Has that always been there and I'm just discovering it for the first time?
you mean for notifications and quick settings?

My exchange contacts and calendar disappeared this morning. Grr. I generally like that android allows you to customize the phone the way you like, but don't like the way you have to jump through hoops if you are not a gmail advocate.

SacramentoBob said:
The double top swipe thing is nice. Has that always been there and I'm just discovering it for the first time?
two finger swipe has been there for a while now...

Got my note 4 yesterday, upgrading from an S4

Biggest take away so far is that in my office the S4 would constantly switch from 3g to 4g and back. I tether my phone so this is a big deal to me, note 4 holds a solid 4g signal. Even if it did nothing better than the S4 that's a gamechanger for me, wish I had upgraded earlier.

Just got my OTA. Nexus 5.

Exchange calendar and contacts. GONE. Gmail app found my work email account but no sign of my calendar or contacts.

Fugly app drawer background (pure white, no longer transparent).

AT&T VM Viewer crashes at startup (not Google's fault).

Can't immediately type in my unlock code when waking the phone.

No idea how to view available wireless networks.

Initial impressions are pretty bad. Hoping that I get used to things.

Pull down to get the notifications, then again to get to settings. If you hit the icon for wifi, it turns it off and on. There is a faint line and the word "wi-Fi" below the icon. Hit the word itself, and that brings up available networks.

Pull down to get the notifications, then again to get to settings. If you hit the icon for wifi, it turns it off and on. There is a faint line and the word "wi-Fi" below the icon. Hit the word itself, and that brings up available networks.
:lmao: I never noticed that. I have a shortcut set up on my home screen or go through settings. All these years :lol: thanks

hey!!!! added bonus for me!!!!

my android device manager NEVER worked, despite trying every trick in the book, and even calling into google tech support. they suggested me RMA'ing my device. no thanks.

Since updating to Lollipop, I just checked... lo and behold... I can now locate my device on GDM, wipe, lock etc.

Very nice

Anybody had this problem with chrome?

When I opened chrome, it opens up in a window that takes up only about 66% of the screen. If I go into multitasking and switch to it from there, it goes into the normal fullscreen mode, but otherwise it opens in the windowed mode.

I'm running a rooted Galaxy s3 on an AOSP rom. Never had this problem before with the same rom, just re-installed to clean everything up a bit and this came up when I installed the latest version of chrome.

Any ideas?

Anybody had this problem with chrome?

When I opened chrome, it opens up in a window that takes up only about 66% of the screen. If I go into multitasking and switch to it from there, it goes into the normal fullscreen mode, but otherwise it opens in the windowed mode.

I'm running a rooted Galaxy s3 on an AOSP rom. Never had this problem before with the same rom, just re-installed to clean everything up a bit and this came up when I installed the latest version of chrome.

Any ideas?
Same issue here, I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 which I just installed a few days ago. I didn't have the issue on my previous ROM which was Probam AOSB. Not a fan of mobile chrome browser anyway, but I use it sometimes when pages don't open/render in the stock browser.

No clue on why it's flaking out.

Just opened chrome and now it's fine.

:shrug:
Yeah once you have it open and switch to it through the multi-tasking window to fix it, it seems to run fine until the next time you have to truly open it (IE after phone reboot or after you "closed" chrome through the multi-tasking window).

Is there a way on the note 4 to highlight a Web page adress then share? It seems to be only giving me the option to copy/cut.

Oh yeah, I see it on the menu options in chrome. I think the note 2 gave me an option to send anything I highlighted.

Lol, too busy. I've got that same 1Weather widget on my 2nd screen but I like my home screen to be free of clutter. I've got my most used 20 apps in the center folder.Looked like this a few days ago but had to change it...too many colors.

http://i.imgur.com/TFAb5Ne.jpg

Some of you guys should get the free Nova launcher, if for no other reason than being able to adjust the number of icon rows and columns and get more free real estate or icons on your screens.

App drawer: http://i.imgur.com/OXIU2Ki.jpg

Soulfly3 said:
Quez said:
Soulfly3 said:
I like having my most used apps within one click.

I dont need/want a "clean" homepage.

http://i58.tinypic.com/352rhaf.png
FBG mobile on your homepage?
Ya man.... one of my fave apps. On here all the time during football season... Come Feb, it'll be put on page 2 for a while
i also like FBG mobile, for whatever reason the forums work a lot better for me inside of their app vs. a browser.

So really i just use it for the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread