What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (7 Viewers)

Travelling down to Wembley now, bit of rain. Was a hard rain over night. Here is the updated forecast: 

56°HI

Rain and drizzle; cooler

RealFeel® 53°

Precipitation: 90%

Last rain before kick-off is 4pm, and supposed to be about a 50% chance of rain during. 

Still starting him, not much else option wise. 

I'll be watching warm ups so can report on how players footing is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Travelling down to Wembley now, bit of rain. Was a hard rain over night. Here is the updated forecast: 

56°HI

Rain and drizzle; cooler

RealFeel® 53°

Precipitation: 90%

Last rain before kick-off is 4pm, and supposed to be about a 50% chance of rain during. 

Still starting him, not much else option wise. 

I'll be watching warm ups so can report on how players footing is. 
Do they cover the field, err pitch, over night during rain?

I was going to start him on the theory of getting the swing back from down week, but this talk of trade has me worried plus the matchup.  Going with Dion Lewis in flex spot instead.

isnt his return Probable ?
from rotowrold:

Amari Cooper - WR - Raiders

Amari Cooper went to the locker room in the first half of Sunday's Week 6 game against the Seahawks with head/neck injury.

Seahawks S Bradley McDougald easily could have been flagged for helmet to helmet, but he was not. Cooper was knocked out for several moments before finally walking to the locker room. He will surely be tested for a concussion.

sounds like no one knows. Concussion he is done, no concussion hopefully he is back.

Cooper is a hoot to own.  :loco:

Amari Cooper - WR - Raiders

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Raiders are shopping Amari Cooper.

Jon Gruden isn't done cleaning house after trading Khalil Mack. Cooper has been inconsistent after a down 2017, but it's hard to see the Raiders making such a franchise-changing move. Oakland is also calling teams about 2016 first-rounder Karl Joseph. It's telling that both players are repped by the same agent as Mack. Cooper is signed through 2019 after the Raiders picked up his fifth-year option.

Source: FOX Sports
:lmao:  C'mon, really?

Do they cover the field, err pitch, over night during rain?
Sorry my connectivity at the stadium was terrible. Wouldnt have an answer to that but the field looked good and everyone had great footing.....sorry it's 6 hours late....Lol!

For what it was worth saw Cooper on sideline in a hoodie joking with a member of staff. 2 weeks to clear protocol now. 

Cooper's usage is really mystifying. I have held this guy in dynasty since he was drafted. Needless to say he has been an anchor.

Last week when Baldwin was only targeted once he said something to the effect that he wouldn't be worth his salt if he didn't complain about being targeted once. Well Cooper has suffered the same fate in consecutive games without a peep. Maybe this is a window into the issue. Maybe the staff doesn't feel Cooper has the competitive fire they desire. 

I am not suggesting how the staff is treating Cooper is right, only trying to understand the why.

I will admit his usage last week was a concern. Yesterday he did have a 25 yard sideline reception called back on a hold before his fateful crossing pattern that resulted in a concussion. I was at the game and felt like he was involved more and had he not got knocked out he would have been getting more targets as the game got more away from the run for Oak. 

Just a gut feeling but I think he will be cleared after the bye and will get his looks. 

Of course also watching Gruden and Carr in person I could be absolutely bonkers......

Cooper's usage is really mystifying. I have held this guy in dynasty since he was drafted. Needless to say he has been an anchor.

Last week when Baldwin was only targeted once he said something to the effect that he wouldn't be worth his salt if he didn't complain about being targeted once. Well Cooper has suffered the same fate in consecutive games without a peep. Maybe this is a window into the issue. Maybe the staff doesn't feel Cooper has the competitive fire they desire. 

I am not suggesting how the staff is treating Cooper is right, only trying to understand the why.
He has appeared to be the strong silent type. He'll get fired up during games and show the kind of excitement and disappointment you expect from a pro, but he appears to leave it all on the field and basically does what he's told. It's really sad to see all the times when he has a step or 2 on defenders and Carr won't even try. 

If he got traded to Indy he'd be a top 10 WR instantly. 

He has appeared to be the strong silent type. He'll get fired up during games and show the kind of excitement and disappointment you expect from a pro, but he appears to leave it all on the field and basically does what he's told. It's really sad to see all the times when he has a step or 2 on defenders and Carr won't even try. 

Kind of the only reason I'm holding in dynasty us he may go elsewhere.  

Is that a bad thing? Would we prefer he behave like OBJ? He sounds like a great team player, someone who won't become a distraction in the locker room. It's possible he is a humble person and knows and recognizes his own limitations/faults

I disagree with the last sentence. It's like saying Brandin Cooks is a top 10 WR in the NE offense prior to 2017. You have no idea if he flourishes in any offense unless you try him out in each one. 

If he was that good, he would be putting up the numbers and getting the targets. He's on pace for 85 targets. The guy just isn't very good, can't get open, can't make plays 

Is that a bad thing? Would we prefer he behave like OBJ? He sounds like a great team player, someone who won't become a distraction in the locker room. It's possible he is a humble person and knows and recognizes his own limitations/faults

I disagree with the last sentence. It's like saying Brandin Cooks is a top 10 WR in the NE offense prior to 2017. You have no idea if he flourishes in any offense unless you try him out in each one. 

If he was that good, he would be putting up the numbers and getting the targets. He's on pace for 85 targets. The guy just isn't very good, can't get open, can't make plays 
No, I would say that the way he behaves is excellent, just not prototypical so it might annoy coaches or other old school football minds.

And I would definitely disagree that it's Cooper's fault solely for his issues. Carr's targets are often inaccurate or late, giving the defender enough time to close. Also, I think that a change in scenery can often help a struggling player.  The top 10 ranking is just my opinion, but I think he'd put up better numbers with Luck, Baker, or Darnold, any of the top 3 talked about landing spots. I don't think the rookies are better than Carr now, but I think they have more upside and are willing to take more risks. 

No, I would say that the way he behaves is excellent, just not prototypical so it might annoy coaches or other old school football minds.

And I would definitely disagree that it's Cooper's fault solely for his issues. Carr's targets are often inaccurate or late, giving the defender enough time to close. Also, I think that a change in scenery can often help a struggling player.  The top 10 ranking is just my opinion, but I think he'd put up better numbers with Luck, Baker, or Darnold, any of the top 3 talked about landing spots. I don't think the rookies are better than Carr now, but I think they have more upside and are willing to take more risks. 
I would agree that a QB makes a WR more than the inverse. Carr is not impressive and I think it's mostly due to poor coaching. I am still a big fan of his talent, he's just in his own head at this point and I think that comes from poor mentoring. 

I got Cooper on several fantasy teams and he was in lineups on most but I'm not sore at Cooper, just unfortunate set of circumstance. On a human level I feel for the guy.  Just think about Cooper's day yesterday.

Did not catch a pass. Got concussed. Likely got news he was on the trade block as soon as he checked his phone after he got concussed. Team lost big and then he has to board a cross country flight with a team likely in a bad mood and one he knows is trying to deal him.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are seeking a first-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper.

It's safe to say they're not going to get it based on Cooper's inconsistency and Week 6 concussion. Nevertheless, this is further confirmation Jon Gruden is aiming to tear apart the organization after trading Khalil Mack and dangling 2016 first-round S Karl Joseph. Gruden even benched 2017 first-round CB Gareon Conley last week. Cooper was in-limbo GM Reggie McKenzie's 2015 first-round pick. Mack was McKenzie's first-rounder in 2014.

Source: NFL.com 

Oct 15 - 4:47 PM

I got Cooper on several fantasy teams and he was in lineups on most but I'm not sore at Cooper, just unfortunate set of circumstance. On a human level I feel for the guy.  Just think about Cooper's day yesterday.

Did not catch a pass. Got concussed. Likely got news he was on the trade block as soon as he checked his phone after he got concussed. Team lost big and then he has to board a cross country flight with a team likely in a bad mood and one he knows is trying to deal him.
Yep, rotten day all around. He probably got a middle seat between two O-Lineman on the Heathrow to SFO flight home. 

Raiders officially a garbage fire.  

Trading Mack was such a bonehead move.

Gruden spends the off-season saying how the whole offense will be built around Cooper.  And now, they're trading him?  Unbelievable.

Fantasy wise--possibly a nice buy super low.  I wouldn't give anything of signficant value for him, but better days are ahead.

Problem is this signifies significant discord on the team. You could just tell from these rumors that the Hawks would be a good DST play on Sunday. This is a coach with an ego who concludes that the problem with players not doing and executing like he demands is the players. This is a bad recipe.

1st for Cooper. :lmao:  Does the league test head coaches for substance abuse?
there is zero chance they get a 1st.

Hes possibly realistically worth a 4th. Just because the raiders over played for Bryant doesnt mean the rest of the league will over pay for their trash

there is zero chance they get a 1st.

Hes possibly realistically worth a 4th. Just because the raiders over played for Bryant doesnt mean the rest of the league will over pay for their trash
Trash? I think you’re confusing his lack of production with Derek Carr’s incompetence and Jon Gruden offensive design. Look at this #### with Seth Roberts: https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1051934698899791872?s=21

How is that done in an NFL offense?

Trash? I think you’re confusing his lack of production with Derek Carr’s incompetence and Jon Gruden offensive design. Look at this #### with Seth Roberts: https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1051934698899791872?s=21

How is that done in an NFL offense?
He has a propensity to get hurt and drop the ball 

He isnt exceptionally big, or fast. 

So hes an average height WR, with average speed, average to below average hands. Gets hurt plenty and if he plays through his injuries he is significantly limited in his production (at least that was the excuse in this thread for last years production)

He was the benefactor of being in an offense with no other significant weapons. Apparently word is out on how to stop him after his early success.

I guess I dont understand what makes him so special hes worth a 1st rounder. 

He has a propensity to get hurt and drop the ball 

He isnt exceptionally big, or fast. 

So hes an average height WR, with average speed, average to below average hands. Gets hurt plenty

He was the benefactor of being in an offense with no other significant weapons. Apparently word is out on how to stop him after his early success.

I guess I dont understand what makes him so special hes worth a 1st rounder. 
Saying he's average speed isn't getting him enough credit.  4.42 and a 6.71 three cone and a 3.98 shuttle time are all very good scores.

Cooper is quick, explosive, fast for his decent size, and has elite route running skills.

They still won't get a first though, no way, he's getting too close to the end of his rookie deal.

Users who are viewing this thread