Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys

10 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

I'm in a win now and I'm not too keen on what's-his-face at quarterback. Dak was on record pace to support Amari's decent production as is. I figured somebody not in contention this year would find him more valuable than I do.  

He is a pretty good buy low for someone rebuilding

2 hours ago, cloppbeast said:

I'm in a win now and I'm not too keen on what's-his-face at quarterback. Dak was on record pace to support Amari's decent production as is. I figured somebody not in contention this year would find him more valuable than I do.  

What was your asking price?

7 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Why is Amari constantly marginalized? It sucks Dak is out and that will directly effect his ROS #'s. I'll be watching closely and buying if people start treating him like a Jarvis Landry later in his career. Some guys are good at football (fantasy and IRL). Amari fits into that category. And Lamb help Amari, IMO. 

It may be to do with high volume of plays Dallas have per game and giving them rest

was he shadowed yesterday? Going against top shadow CBs they don’t target him, unless they are behind (rams game).

last year it happened vs Rams, Ne and Jets (

3 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Allen Robinson was one. Another was a package for Deandre Hopkins: Amari, Ronald Jones, and a 2nd.

Amari Cooper caught 7-of-10 targets for 79 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 6 loss to the Cardinals.

This was fueled heavily by garbage time. Cooper was stuck on zero targets pretty deep into the first half but started to get peppered with them well after the game was out of hand. And that includes his meaningless one-yard touchdown catch with 2:48 left to play in the fourth quarter. Still, fantasy managers don't care how the numbers happen, so it was a nice rebound box score for Cooper after his 2-23 line in Week 5. Cooper will be a back-end WR2 for Week 7 at Washington.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:50 PM ET

Cooper will be a back-end WR2 for Week 7 at Washington.

Who are the 16 or so WR ranked ahead of him?

He is WR 5 in total points and WR 9 in PPG right now Washington is not a difficult match up. This doesn't add up.

• Like 1

That garbage TD gave me 2 wins last night in leagues that were truly must win games. I love when Dallas loses and still gives me garbage time points in FF! ;)

10 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

That garbage TD gave me 2 wins last night in leagues that were truly must win games. I love when Dallas loses and still gives me garbage time points in FF! ;)

There will be plenty. 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I lost due to that late TD.  Terrible.  I needed a huge game out of Buddha Baker and he obliged and got me the lead.  The only thing to kill me was a late TD.  Ugh! I hate Amari Cooper

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

1 hour ago, Teef said:

There will be plenty. 

I commented in the Game Thread last night which is loaded with some gems from a lot of different posters but...

Dalton even stunk at garbage time point as I posted...he had almost the entire 2nd half and didn't hit nothing until late int he 4th and Cooper was pretty non-existent. 

Look at the 18 play 60 yd Drive that ate up 6:00 in the 4th Down 31-3 at that time mind you. 

I would not want to be a Cooper owner right about now. And you have Lamb and Gallup and Schultz and Elliott that need targets and the Red Rifle is throwing 55 passes for 200 yds, good luck with that. 

36 minutes ago, Gally said:

I lost due to that late TD.  Terrible.  I needed a huge game out of Buddha Baker and he obliged and got me the lead.  The only thing to kill me was a late TD.  Ugh! I hate Amari Cooper

Sorry man, I hate losing like that, and honestly sometimes feel guilty winning like that as well. And I hate all things Dallas for the record ;)

• Thanks 1

Amari Cooper caught 1-of-5 targets for five yards in Week 8 against the Eagles.

It’s just the second time Cooper has been held under 75 yards this year. The entire Cowboys offense was held back by Ben DiNucci, who averaged 4.5 YPA. That should change with Andy Dalton expected back for a Week 9 matchup against the Steelers. Cooper is on pace for 108 catches, 1,176 yards and four touchdowns through the first half of the season.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:54 PM ET

I'm thinking of benching him but depends on Tim Patrick's health. The new QB is more encouraging than Dinucci but not by much since it's the Steelers they're going against. 

I’m benching him. Going with Mecole Hardman. 

• Like 1

I lost last week because of Cooper.  No chance I play him this week.  I will play Jeudy and Shepard over him this week.

14 hours ago, Insein said:

I'm thinking of benching him but depends on Tim Patrick's health. The new QB is more encouraging than Dinucci but not by much since it's the Steelers they're going against. 

Patrick is active. Amari to the bench

13 hours ago, Sneegor said:

I lost last week because of Cooper.  No chance I play him this week.  I will play Jeudy and Shepard over him this week.

[I almost always pick badly.]
I am gambling on Amari and the unproven "minor league" (AAF) qb... against the ferocious Pitt defense...   
[/I almost always pick badly.]

Rest of the details: Amari was on the wire in a short-bench league and I'm on the playoff fringe and needing long-term help if I manage to sneak into the playoffs.  PPR but Need 65 yards minimum for yardage points. 

Edited by Phantom Knight

Any news post bye? Dalton back will cooper at least get some targets again?

Amari Cooper caught 6-of-8 targets for 112 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 12 loss to Washington.

Cooper arguably was the only Cowboys player to have a good game. His eight targets tied for the team high with Michael Gallup, but unlike Gallup, Cooper was able to make big plays down the field. Cooper roasted Bradley Roby down the sideline for a 54-yard touchdown, his third of the season. With the Cowboys losing their two starting offensive tackles on Thanksgiving, the Cowboys offense likely remains limited for the rest of 2020. Cooper is the best bet of the Cowboys' receivers to stay in fantasy starting lineups, but he'll only be a WR3 against the Ravens in Week 13. 

Nov 26, 2020, 8:13 PM ET