Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Memphis Foundry

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

On 10/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, Osaurus said:

Petrus Sour Passion Fruit 

Golden Road Melon Cart

The Petrus was the better of the two, but the melon cart was the best melon Berliner I’ve had to date.

Golden Road sponsors the Dan Patrick show. hearing those ads/promotions every day makes me thirsty to try their beer. have you had any others besides the Melon Cart?

6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Golden Road sponsors the Dan Patrick show. hearing those ads/promotions every day makes me thirsty to try their beer. have you had any others besides the Melon Cart?

Nope

• Thanks 1

Alright, Minnesota, now Utah is making you look too conservative.

Am I the only one that didn't know, and is completely shocked to learn that Minn. is a 3.2 state? Wow. We're talking about Wisconsin's neighbor here. You try dropping Old Style and Leinie Red to 3.2, and there'd be riots from Waukesha to Eau Claire.

Steel Barrel Brewing... Frost Crushable Ale.

Crisp ale good alternative for a lighter feeling beer.

Which is good because I started with a Boulevard Restless Nights.  A heavy coffee porter aged in bourbon barrels.  Not a huge fan of this one.

My latest trip to the beer distributor I got

Straub American Lager

Yuengling Golden Pilsner

I was in a PA beer mood.  The Straub American Lager really surprised me.  It is a very crisp clean and refreshing lager, definitely not heavy.  It had a very subtle hop finish that I really liked as well.  A college friend of mine is a sales rep for them and introduced them to me and I was very impressed and would buy it again. 

On 11/2/2019 at 8:01 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

Nice unexpected ipa haul today

pseudo sue

toppling Goliath pompeii

hubbards cave iipa

75 minute

foley brothers fear maiden

Haven’t had those in awhile. Jealous.

If you like Gose style beers, and like tequila and margaritas, try Founders Mas Agave.

I got some of this on draft at a local craft place, and fell in love - I've been cleaning out the local stores stocking up - it's seasonal, and I think they're done for this year, but you can still find some in stores.  You'll either love it or hate it honestly, depending on your taste.  It's 10% ABV, so for me, it's pretty much a weekend-only beer, but f-ing fantastic.

• Like 2

A Cycle Brewing/Monkish collab, Tic Tac Toast, a DDH Dipa with Nelson hops. Friggin delicious.

• Like 3

Green Bench - Half Measures peach sour. They make some real nice sours.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, Wingnut said:

:eek:

How was it? I've never had one more then 3 years old.

ETA: it's a.decent beer, I'm not a huge fan of CCB stouts though.

It was really good. Had an old Dark Lord type of taste to it and somehow there was some coffee aroma even after 5 years. 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, Ilov80s said:

Haven’t had those in awhile. Jealous.

Pseudo and Pompeii are my staples now. So tired of 15 to 20 dollar IPA 4 packs and TG usually crushes it. 

• Like 3

My grocery store now sells Houblon Chouffe in 4 packs. Unbelievable.  One of my favorite beers ever. I’m drinking one tonight. 

• Like 1

I haven't posted for awhile in here

spent 8 days in mexico city so tried 17 different beers

currently in costa rica for 3 weeks , 1/2 through the trip and have hit up 2 breweries and have tried 24 different beers

• Like 1

Cheers everyone. Having a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout and Barrel Aged Ten Fidy tonight. Had a Marble White with dinner. I'm old, so 3 or 4 strong beers is about all I can handle in one evening these days.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, Wingnut said:

How was it? I was at their first 2 anniversary parties but havent been able to get back since.

it was epic. By 3 PM  we were ready to stagger back to the hotel. So many really good beers.