What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Steel Barrel Brewing... Frost Crushable Ale.

Crisp ale good alternative for a lighter feeling beer.

Which is good because I started with a Boulevard Restless Nights.  A heavy coffee porter aged in bourbon barrels.  Not a huge fan of this one.

My latest trip to the beer distributor I got

Straub American Lager

Yuengling Golden Pilsner

I was in a PA beer mood.  The Straub American Lager really surprised me.  It is a very crisp clean and refreshing lager, definitely not heavy.  It had a very subtle hop finish that I really liked as well.  A college friend of mine is a sales rep for them and introduced them to me and I was very impressed and would buy it again. 

If you like Gose style beers, and like tequila and margaritas, try Founders Mas Agave.

I got some of this on draft at a local craft place, and fell in love - I've been cleaning out the local stores stocking up - it's seasonal, and I think they're done for this year, but you can still find some in stores.  You'll either love it or hate it honestly, depending on your taste.  It's 10% ABV, so for me, it's pretty much a weekend-only beer, but f-ing fantastic.

I haven't posted for awhile in here

spent 8 days in mexico city so tried 17 different beers

currently in costa rica for 3 weeks , 1/2 through the trip and have hit up 2 breweries and have tried 24 different beers

Cheers everyone. Having a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout and Barrel Aged Ten Fidy tonight. Had a Marble White with dinner. I'm old, so 3 or 4 strong beers is about all I can handle in one evening these days.

Last night I had Dogfish Head Suddenly Comfy - Imperial Cream Ale brewed with apple juice, cinnamon, allspice, & vanilla beans.  It is the equivalent of apple pie in a beer.  It was delicious.

This weekend I found at the grocery store:

New Belgium Nitro Cold Brew Cream Ale crafted with High Brew coffee &

Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. Kentucky Vanilla Barrell Cream Ale

I am loving the fact that I am finding a lot of different cream ale varieties.  Very cool.   

Just opened a crowler of Founders’ Canadian Breakfast Stout. Have a crowler of Oskar Blues’ Ten Fidy for later. Should be a good Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was another good night. Tree House Julius and Green. Then Vanilla Benthic, Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit Hot Chocolate, BCBS Mon Cheri and Vanilla Black Note.

Benthic and 19 BCBS tonight. 

How.was the MEH? 
I liked it quite a bit. Had the Zamunda Forever too which was a very honey tasting mead, but quite good as well. 

ETA: I’ve still got a bottle of the Oak Meadowfoam and Red Skies at Night left plus 2 bottles of some stuff I got in Hawaii a while back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured I should pop something for the holidays. Went with Bells 30th and it has aged gorgeously over the last 5 years. Dark roasted cocoa and fruit. 

Most will fill without issue, but some have varieties on tap which are small batch and not available for growler fill. 
I got a "no". The lady bartender said they have had "bad experiences" so they stopped.  :shrug:

I ended just buying a growler (32 ounce sealed can) for 8 bucks plus tax. Gonna look for a different brewery that can fill a 67 ounce growler on Tuesday. 

I got a "no". The lady bartender said they have had "bad experiences" so they stopped.  :shrug:

I ended just buying a growler (32 ounce sealed can) for 8 bucks plus tax. Gonna look for a different brewery that can fill a 67 ounce growler on Tuesday. 
Crowlers are great too

Nice share tonight. I brought the 18 Marshmallow Handjee. We also had 19 Rye Barrel Dark Lord, 18 Hung, Drawn, and Quartered (basically 18 rye barrel aged dark lord), BA No Cake, 19 Assassin, others. All awesome. 

Was an incredible beer year for me. 13 Prop, 14 Prop, Vanilla Rye, multiple Assassins,  KBBS,  many Dark Lord variants, plenty of Bottle Logic and Angry Chair stouts, and more than I can remember.  I think I've hit peak beer. 

Drinking an 18 Deth by Currants but time to dial it back in the new year. 

Happy New Year, FBGs. 

I haven't either.  I hear it's more like a brandy than a beer and that it ages very well. I bought some of their triple bock back in the early 90's when it came out.  I thought it was pretty cool that some of that same beer is part of the blend in Utopias.  It's almost 30 years old at this point.

6 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Beer

Canned beer made its first appearance on the shelves of American stores on this day in 1935, when the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company put 2,000 cans of Krueger’s Finest Beer and Krueger’s Cream Ale up for sale in Richmond, Virginia. Here are 6 things you probably didn't know about beer...

The First Recorded Beer Recipe is 3900 Years Old.Beer has been around for a very, very long time. The oldest surviving barley based beer recipe comes from Mesopotamia (ancient Iraq). A Sumerian poem honouring Ninkasi, the goddess of beer, describes a fermented beverage made from bread, honey fruit and botanicals. Some modern American breweries have tried their hand at replicating the mysterious brew to considerable success. By all accounts, it's delicious, and what other chance does one have to literally sample history.

Pyramid Builders Were Paid in Beer.Yep, that's right. Beer was both sustenance and salary for the workers of ancient Egypt.  Each worker was paid 1 gallon (3.7L) of beer a day, which sounds like a lot considering there was work to be done. But, the beer of the time was about 3 per cent alcohol with plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep the workers going.

There's a Patron Saint of Beer.For a long time, people didn’t know that the bubonic plague was caused by a bacteria that lived in rodents, mainly rats, and the fleas that feed on them. They also didn’t know that boiling water killed that bacteria. Beer brewers, meanwhile, had been boiling their water as part of the brewing process.A monk named Arnold noticed the connection between beer and not getting the plague and ended up convincing people to drink beer instead of water, saving a lot of lives. So, he was made Saint Arnold, patron Saint of beer

The Earliest Brewers Were WomenThe discovery of the brewing process of beer has been traced back to the 6000 BC in Babylonia. Surprisingly all the brewers back then are known to have been women! Brewing beer was considered a noble task for women. Only women from elite backgrounds had the privilege to brew beer. Brewster is the term used for a women who brews beer. To top all the curiosity, there was a written law that prohibited men from selling or making beer! Talk about equality?

China Drinks A Lot of Beer.Data from a 2012 Kirin Beer University Report shows that the thirstiest country in the world, per capita, is… Czech Republic. The Czechs consume an average of 148.6 liters per year each, or about 418 12oz bottles per person. Not a bad session. The country that consumes the greatest volume of beer overall, is China. 44,201 KILOliters per year. That’s 44,201,000 liters, or just under 1.5 BILLION bottles of beer.

The World’s Most Expensive Beer Auctioned for $2,583The most expensive beer ever sold at auction was a bottle of Cantillon Loerik, a gueuze that was only brewed once, in 1998, and is therefore extremely rare. It sold in April 2014 for $2,583.

Users who are viewing this thread