What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (12 Viewers)

And to clarify, I look at Strava, and there's a big picture of weather conditions.

And I'm thinking this guy just uploaded that picture instead of adding Klimat to his Strava as a big middle finger to us.

Nope, just weather stalking like a normal person for Boston coming up. And still no Klimat. :kicksrock:

I wish I could go to Japan on business.
Yeah I work for an airline, so 90% of the countries I have seen are for work.  Usually though, just a conference room (meeting), a restaurant (work lunch/dinner), and an airport. 

This trip the timings were really loose for our meetings so I did get some runs in and got to see a few sights.  Seoul continues to be one of my least-favourite cities in Asia.  Sorry, KoreanGuys.  On the upside, this is the first time I got to Tokyo when the cherry blossoms were in bloom.  Score.

So today I got my annual Bod Pod test.  For perspective, here were my last two tests:

4/14/17:  230.2 pounds  :porked: , 25.1%/57.9 lbs fat, 74.9%/172.4 lbs lean

Then sometime in December I decided that I was sick of being a fat cow and started to train for the Carmel Marathon...

3/24/18:  200.3 pounds, 16.2%/32.5 lbs fat, 83.8%/167.8 lbs lean

Over the past year I stayed dedicated with my running and was way better about getting to the gym 2-3x per week for strength/core work...

4/6/19:  201.1 pounds, 13.4%/26.9 lbs fat, 86.6%/174.2 lean

-------------

Absolutely disgusting to think that 2 years ago I had 31 pounds of additional fat on me.  :yucky:   In the first year I lost 25 lbs of fat but also 4.6 lbs of muscle.  Pretty stoked that this last year I was able to lose another 5+ pounds of fat while adding 6+ pounds of lean muscle.   :thumbup:

Yeah I work for an airline, so 90% of the countries I have seen are for work.  Usually though, just a conference room (meeting), a restaurant (work lunch/dinner), and an airport. 

This trip the timings were really loose for our meetings so I did get some runs in and got to see a few sights.  Seoul continues to be one of my least-favourite cities in Asia.  Sorry, KoreanGuys.  On the upside, this is the first time I got to Tokyo when the cherry blossoms were in bloom.  Score.
Seoul was one of my favorites and that was even in winter. 

4/6/19:  201.1 pounds, 13.4%/26.9 lbs fat, 86.6%/174.2 lean

-------------

Absolutely disgusting to think that 2 years ago I had 31 pounds of additional fat on me.  :yucky:   In the first year I lost 25 lbs of fat but also 4.6 lbs of muscle.  Pretty stoked that this last year I was able to lose another 5+ pounds of fat while adding 6+ pounds of lean muscle.   :thumbup:
This is so awesome.  Nice work.  Doesn't come easy.

Awesome work. I wish I had a bod pod thing from before starting. I just did my first one ever in the middle of March. But I had lost about 30 pounds and who knows how much fat % before that.

Can someone PM me details on who I should be following on BassNBrew's ultra?  If that's kosher?
He linked it above. Bib 126. Current update is 44.35 miles in 9:07:31. 

Pretty amazing that he did 50 total in 12 hours + before. Will hit that mark as the half way point 2 hours faster +/- at this rate. Pretty amazing stuff, IMO.

gianmarco said:
But yes, the reality is that it's just another data point and done automatically.  Then you don't have to try and remember why a certain run may have had a pace impact.

Plus, it's been bothering  @Juxtatarot since day 1.  And me.
Jesus.  Ok.  I'll try to add it.  Just gotta figure out how.  I know it was posted somewhere a week or two ago.  I just need to find it.

I'll try google first though.

Is there a dummy version of how to do it?  Do I need to download an app?  And somehow connect it through to Strava? 

Or do I start with Strava on my laptop and find Klimat settings through my account there?

#GoogleSucks
I think you go to Klimat site and it links to strava. Seems so long ago before I was a klimat guy. 

Since I’m running Chicago this fall, I doubt I’ll want to run another full marathon that spring. Maybe the half? Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna sign up for Chicago fall of 2020 for sure.

@Juxtatarot - don't tell my wife.
Hey, your wife said she’s fine with you running another marathon — as long as you wake up at 5:00 a.m. to train.

I’m very tempted to run Chicago in 2020 since that would be my 50 year old AG debut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, your wife said she’s fine with you running another marathon — as long as you wake up at 5:00 a.m. to train.

I’m very tempted to run Chicago in 2020 since that would be my 50 year old AG debut.
You are correct.

OK, I’m in.

And now, a week after, I know I have more in me for the marathon. If I actually lay a decent base, 3:50 is not out of the question. 

Users who are viewing this thread