What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (2 Viewers)

The General said:
!!Attention Golf Experts!!

Pick one golfer from each group, have to pick only one from each. Looking for player you think will finish highest on the leaderboard:

*Group A*
Bryson DeChambeau (6)

*Group B*
Louis Oosthuizen (20)

*Group C*
Sergio Garcia (27)

*Group D*
Haotong Li (38)

*Group E*
Thorbjorn Olesen (51)

The General said:

Pick one golfer from each group, have to pick only one from each. Looking for player you think will finish highest on the leaderboard:

*Group A*
Dustin Johnson (1)

*Group B*
Tony Finau (15)

*Group C*
Kevin Kisner (25)

*Group D*
Keegan Bradley (34)

*Group E*
Lucas Bjerregaard (43)

My friend is part of a pool that bets winners every week.  They like Xander (4% to win) and Fleetwood (7.2% to win).

STRAIGHT BETApr 11PROP GOLF - THE MASTERS - WINNER
[53011] TOMMY FLEETWOOD +2800 100.00 USD / 2800.00 USD279929037

[53020] XANDER SCHAUFFELE +4000 100.00 USD / 4000.00 USD279929038

Our pool is pick 4 players, total prize money wins.  24 guys, $500 each. Covers all 4 majors.  So 12K pool split between the 4 majors and overall.  We pick 4 players and the winning score as a tiebreaker for each.  For this one I took Rory, Tiger, Rose and Casey.

The General said:

A. Justin Rose 

B. Leishman 

C. Woodland 

D. Spieth 

E. Hoffman 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spieth was the most-picked player

Code:
Spieth - 10
McIlroy - 8
Woods - 7
Kisner - 6
Rose - 6
Stenson - 6
Hoffman - 5
Matsuyama - 5
Casey - 4
Finau - 4
Fowler - 4
Howell - 4
Fleetwood - 3
Garcia - 3
Snedeker - 3
Woodland - 3
Grace - 2
Hatton - 2
Horschel - 2
Lowry - 2
Molinari - 2
Olesen - 2
Oosthuizen - 2
Poulter - 2
Scott - 2
Simpson - 2
Bjerregaard - 1
Bradley - 1
Cabrera Bello - 1
Day - 1
DeChambeau - 1
Holmes - 1
Johnson, D - 1
Kim - 1
Kim - 1
Leishman - 1
Li - 1
Mickelson - 1
Oosthuizen - 1
Smith - 1
Thomas - 1
Watson - 1

I'd have passed on Speith if I had known the extent of his troubles. Surprised to see only one Molinari. I would consider him the favorite.

It's bananas. We've come a long way since the days of tv cameras not being allowed to show the front nine.
FIRST nine.  You're going to get a stern look from the old guys in green if you keep this up :P

eta - was watching a bit of the Golf Channel coverage last night and Nobilo accidentally let a "back 9" slip and quickly corrected himself. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s cool but they need a Masters TV Channel. No TV coverage until 3:00 EDT. Bring back early coverage on USA Network or whatever!
I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think there has ever been coverage prior to 3pm in the first couple rounds. But Track on the website shows you every shot from every player in the field. You can watch the guys on the course now.

Spieth was the most-picked player

Spieth - 10
McIlroy - 8
Woods - 7
Kisner - 6
Rose - 6
Stenson - 6
Hoffman - 5
Matsuyama - 5
Casey - 4
Finau - 4
Fowler - 4
Howell - 4
Fleetwood - 3
Garcia - 3
Snedeker - 3
Woodland - 3
Grace - 2
Hatton - 2
Horschel - 2
Lowry - 2
Molinari - 2
Olesen - 2
Oosthuizen - 2
Poulter - 2
Scott - 2
Simpson - 2
Bjerregaard - 1
Bradley - 1
Cabrera Bello - 1
Day - 1
DeChambeau - 1
Holmes - 1
Johnson, D - 1
Kim - 1
Kim - 1
Leishman - 1
Li - 1
Mickelson - 1
Oosthuizen - 1
Smith - 1
Thomas - 1
Watson - 1

Thanks @heckmanm ExcelMasterTM

Getting in before the bell or right around it...

*Group A*

Rory McIlroy (3)

*Group B*

Jason Day (14)

*Group C*

Phil Mickelson (22)

*Group D*

Henrik Stenson (39)

*Group E*

Charley Hoffman (88)

I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think there has ever been coverage prior to 3pm in the first couple rounds. But Track on the website shows you every shot from every player in the field. You can watch the guys on the course now.
I used to hate how the Master manufactured exclusivity this way.  Kudos to the new leadership for the huge changes. Free live video from multiple featured groups as well as Amen Corner and 15/16 + shot by shot tracking?  The tournament is more accessible than most of the events on the calendar.

I used to hate how the Master manufactured exclusivity this way.  Kudos to the new leadership for the huge changes. Free live video from multiple featured groups as well as Amen Corner and 15/16 + shot by shot tracking?  The tournament is more accessible than most of the events on the calendar.
I've lost touch with the golf world a bit over the last couple years, but I'm pretty sure it is more accessible than all of them.

I've lost touch with the golf world a bit over the last couple years, but I'm pretty sure it is more accessible than all of them.
A handful of events show more of (or even all of) the first and second rounds on regular TV.  Some of the WGC events and I believe the other three majors do this, and the majors also have similar free featured group/holes coverage online.

But I'm not gonna complain. This is a ton of progress over just a couple years.

***For the competitors in the 1 Million Dollar Sweepstakes***

Scoring is all your golfers current positions on leaderboard added together. Mistakes may (almost certainly) have been made feel free to check your score and let me know if I screwed up.

Very, very bad men like Paul Casey, Speith, Hideki, and Rose are on a mission to destroy your teams...

Meanwhile Poulter, Phil, Tiger, Dechambeau and his collection of stupid hats, and some Danish dude named Bejerregardeener are tearing it up!!!

Mookie: 76
Culdeus: 115
BassBrew: 116
GM: 135
Huskers: 135
Heckmanm: 136
Mpthrilogy: 137
Pipes: 155
Dark Matter: 163
Cowboysfan8: 172
Hooter: 174
Thorn: 177
The Man no name: 179
Jayrok: 187
Teddy Stickes: 199
facook: 206
Encaiter: 209
Gump: 209
Galileo: 220
JaxBill: 228
Blinky: 228
Nipsey: 243
Apple Jack: 244
The General: 277 THIS THING IS STUPID

oh ...oh ...oh ...the General is leading is his own thead?????

gasp.   :)
Unfortunately for me (and you) low score wins.

You add up player's position on the leaderboard (Ex: if you had Tiger in 11th and Phil in 3rd your score would be 14. If you have Paul Casey in 86th and Hideki in 63rd you have 149).

This tournament is all bunched up so it can change drastically but player's missing the cut pretty much takes you out.

My friend is part of a pool that bets winners every week.  They like Xander (4% to win) and Fleetwood (7.2% to win).

[53011] TOMMY FLEETWOOD +2800 100.00 USD / 2800.00 USD279929037

[53020] XANDER SCHAUFFELE +4000 100.00 USD / 4000.00 USD279929038
:unsure:  

***Day 2***

GM dominating with a Tiger circa early 2000 type day. Down to the 7 teams that have all 5 golfers live. Rory making a run will tighten up things quite a bit.

General Malaise 66
Mookie 98
Culdeus 104
The Man (wnn) 115

huskers 116
mphtrilogy * 122
heckmanm 148

Cowyboysfan8 152
Thorn 154
Bass N Brew 156
Teddy Stickles 159
Galileo 159
Nipsey 166
Dark Matter 168
Gump 169
Jayrok 170
Hooter 171
pipes 178
Binky the Doormat 183
facook 184
The General 200
Encaiter 224
JaxBill 225
AppleJack 233

About half the teams in it. @The Man With No Name in the lead.

@Thorn needs Horschel to not suck so bad. @culdeus needs Bradley to step it up. @General Malaise needs Howell III to live up to his fancy name. @Cowboysfan8 trying to thread the needle, Sned screwed him. @heckmanm and @Binky The Doormat with a puncher's chance. @Mookie needs McIIroy. @mphtrilogy @huskers15 @facook lurking. @Dark Matter with all 5 playing this weekend, but all sliding back

The Man with no name - 97
Culdeus - 99
Cowboysfan - 99
GM - 111
Mookie - 120
Mphtrilogy - 123
Thorn - 124
huskers - 130
facook - 130
Blinky - 137 
Heckmamn - 153
Dark Matter - 171