What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Javorius "Buck" Allen, RB BAL (1 Viewer)

I've read conflicting reports on Lorenzo's injury. Some say torn MCL some say it's sprained. Even the rotoworld blurb suggested he would be out for a few weeks. Bump buck if they don't sign anyone else

I'm going to grab this guy now. I see him getting a few more looks tonight.
I did the same thing. I could see him being a top waiver wire add down the road.
Curious where this is coming from? Not saying you guys are wrong, but for redraft purposes it seems that Zo is the next man up and that Allen would need maybe an injury and bad play or a few injuries to have some value in 2015.

Do you guys just not believe in Zo or think that he's not healthy enough to be the next man up?

Is Allen worth consideration this year or next in Dynasty? I've gotten a trade offer involving him, but I'm more inclined right now to upgrade the 2016 pick to a 1st (2nd offered now) and just leave him out.

Taliaferro is being put on IR and Forsett missed practice today although that doesn't say much about his Sunday availability yet. Still, I think this guy probably needs to at least be cuffed by Forsett owners right now.

Taliaferro is being put on IR and Forsett missed practice today although that doesn't say much about his Sunday availability yet. Still, I think this guy probably needs to at least be cuffed by Forsett owners right now.
Not a Forsett owner, but I grabbed him anyway.

Rotoworld trashes him at every turn. I actually like him. A Foster lite type, if given some chances. They are coming and you never know.

If we assume that Forsett doesn't play (even though indications are that he will), how do we see Buck's value this week as a spot starter? Would he have solid flex value, or is that offense too depleted to be trustworthy for any fantasy asset?

If we assume that Forsett doesn't play (even though indications are that he will), how do we see Buck's value this week as a spot starter? Would he have solid flex value, or is that offense too depleted to be trustworthy for any fantasy asset?
What indications? He didn't practice today.

He's probably referring to when the Coach said he had a good chance to play. Most Vets miss wed practice for rest so im not getting alarmed til he misses Friday's practice. A lower ankle tweak is nothing major and Im thinking precautionary why he didn't go in OT of last game.

He's probably referring to when the Coach said he had a good chance to play. Most Vets miss wed practice for rest so im not getting alarmed til he misses Friday's practice. A lower ankle tweak is nothing major and Im thinking precautionary why he didn't go in OT of last game.
Dr Jene disagrees fairly strongly. Does he have a history of resting on Wednesdays? If it is nothing major, why wasn't he out there for OT in a do-or-die game?

Everything little smoking bit about this adds up to fire. Let's also not forget that the Coach has been talking up Perriman since July and he hasn't played a snap of practice since OTAs.

I'd pick up Allen everywhere. Forsett's initial reaction was to reach for his upper ankle. The Ravens could be hiding something here.

Dr Jene disagrees fairly strongly. Does he have a history of resting on Wednesdays? If it is nothing major, why wasn't he out there for OT in a do-or-die game?

Everything little smoking bit about this adds up to fire. Let's also not forget that the Coach has been talking up Perriman since July and he hasn't played a snap of practice since OTAs.
Yeah, he makes a pretty good case for why we shouldn't rule out it being a high ankle sprain.

As for the match-up, SF is giving up the 6th most points to RBs in PPR. If Forsett sits you have to imagine Allen would be in line for a pretty large workload and he's versatile enough to take advantage of it regardless of the format. My guess is he would creep into a lot of expert's rankings as a RB2 this week.

In redraft no taliaferro, he should be more valuable than an Abdullah, right?
I'd say so. I'm tempted to pick him up over CMike and Bradshaw just due to the situation. Forsett is not exactly the definition of a young RB any more and Allen could have a major role going forward.

Even if not this year, Allen does look like a good dynasty stash. Could be the guy as early as next year if he plays well the rest of the way.

Even if not this year, Allen does look like a good dynasty stash. Could be the guy as early as next year if he plays well the rest of the way.
Dropped Hillman for him in my keeper league that keeps 2 Vets and 1 Rookie each year.

I figure the potential for next year alone probably makes him worthy of a roster spot in that league.

Smack Tripper said:
In redraft no taliaferro, he should be more valuable than an Abdullah, right?
As someone who owns Abdullah in both of the leagues where I grabbed Allen, yes, he'd be more valuable.

#Ravens Justin Forsett still not practicing today, if you own him or hurting at RB get Javorius "Buck" Allen now. He'd start if JF out.

Last edited by a moderator:
considering dropping rawls for allen since lynch is expected back. would like to know if forsett was out for sure first though

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley believes the Ravens expect Justin Forsett (ankle) to suit up for Sunday's game against the 49ers.

Picked up Allen for $6 with him as the clear #2 now and Forsett already banged up. Im fully expecting Forsett to play, but if he doesnt I'll start Buck over my new shiny toy Charcandrick in the flex.

Ravens promoted RB Terrence Magee from the practice squad.
It's a sign Justin Forsett (questionable, ankle) will be held out Sunday. The Ravens also claimed Raheem Mostert off waivers earlier this week. Magee should back up Buck Allen if Forsett sits.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ravens picked up a 4th RB from their practice squad just before the Sat afternoon deadline. They likely would not have done this if Forsett was going to play Sunday.

50k adds on yahoo today... not even 3pm. I hate that they broadcast that info. Do your own research!
it's why fantasy football is so popular. any dummy can win.

on top of that these sites spoon-feed you information since fantasy sports info is such big business and generates so much traffic

the amount of skill required decreases every year

50k adds on yahoo today... not even 3pm. I hate that they broadcast that info. Do your own research!

on top of that these sites spoon-feed you information since fantasy sports info is such big business and generates so much traffic

Yahoo sorts the top adds so all anyone has to do is look at the transaction trends and see who everybody is picking up.

This is my 11th year, and this has been my experience as well.

Now that Forsett is likely out I think we need to take Allen a bit more seriously this week.

Here are his touches from week 5.

From all the scouting reports I've read, it seems the consensus is that he has 3-down potential (good inside rusher, good in pass pro, good hands). He doesn't exactly pop off the screen but he looks solid enough; he seems like the type of player who could grind down a defense given enough volume. He'll likely see that volume this week in a plus match-up so it's hard for me to treat him as anything less than a RB2.

Users who are viewing this thread