What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (2 Viewers)

Man that was a hard hitting affair between Philly and Seattle!

Thomas Rawls looks hungry.  Though in fantasy we always wish for more from a player, I think he showed why the Seahawks are excited to have him back.  His usage this week was definitely metered and his involvement in the passing game demonstrates the versatility that both he and Prosise bring to this offense.  Here's hoping Prosise's injury isn't severe.

That said, I'm expecting bigger things from Rawls in the weeks to come.  Hopefully he can avoid the injury bug moving forward.

With CMike gone, Prosise out at least a month, and Seattle suddenly firing on all cylinders, Rawls is a stud RB1. He's gonna win a lot of championships, especially paired with a DJ, EE, or Bell.

Last edited by a moderator:
With CMike gone, Prosise out at least a month, and Seattle suddenly firing on all cylinders, Rawls is a stud RB1. He's gonna win a lot of championships, especially paired with a DJ, EE, or Bell.
This. I think we may have found our annual late season difference-maker.

Watched a fair bit of the game on RZ yesterday and I thought Rawls looked really, really good. Not a tremendous YPC, but he ran with the fire of a thousand suns and dished out some punishment to would-be tacklers. Also, loved that he was involved in the passing game.

With Rawls and Wilson both healthy, I'd imagine Pete Carroll is feeling something like this (although the Prosise injury dampens that a little bit).

Thomas Rawls - RB - Seahawks
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls "got banged up" against the Eagles, but he is fully expected to play this week.
The Seahawks wanted to hold Rawls out for the entire fourth quarter, but Troymaine Pope sprained his ankle. Rawls is likely just dealing with some general soreness after his first game back from injury. He might miss some practice snaps this week, but he will be good to go against the Bucs. Rawls will be a borderline RB1 in that matchup.

Rawls looked like the same old beast.   He pops off the screen when he gets the ball,  it's undeniable. 
I have to admit I was worried about it and pleasantly surprised. He ran with the same passion and violence yesterday that we saw last year. If you didn't catch his post game press conference its worth a listen. Not sure how to desribe it other than he just seemed genuinely happy and excited to be rolling again. 

LINK

Him or Ingram rest of season?  Him or Jeremy Hill?  Him or Carlos Hyde?  Interested in other's thoughts on this.

he has a tough run schedule, but I'd take him over those guys rest of season, Hill is close, but that team has fallen apart...

Him or Ingram rest of season?  Him or Jeremy Hill?  Him or Carlos Hyde?  Interested in other's thoughts on this.

Troymaine Pope sprained his ankle
I've been watching this guy for a while and I added him to my watch lists. Was really hoping to see him last night and disappointed he didn't get some carries. Watch out for this kid.

ETA: I'm a Rawls owner, not saying he will take over but Pope is a great cuff as he has some skills.

I have to admit I was worried about it and pleasantly surprised. He ran with the same passion and violence yesterday that we saw last year. If you didn't catch his post game press conference its worth a listen. Not sure how to desribe it other than he just seemed genuinely happy and excited to be rolling again. 

LINK
Love his energy and enthusiasm. He'll be starting along with DJ for my team this week.

Don't know what to make of yesterday's game. Seattle as a whole looked awful.

On the plus side, he was the only RB getting carries.

The only solace I can take from this is that Rawls was the main guy and that TB defense has been playing at a very high level for several weeks now and the entire Seattle offense stunk 

Love his energy and enthusiasm.
I do as well, although he seemed so spastic yesterday that twice it appeared to knock him off his feet.

Same with the antics of popping up in the air 5 feet when getting up and bouncing around.

Save your energy Rawls, please. And wait for the contact before launching into your "finish the run" dive.

Who the #### is George Farmer. Does he take over for Prosise?

Anyway, yeah I love Rawls's enthusiasm but I feel like he needs to stop flailing around so much. There's so much wasted motion in his movements and it just doesn't seem like he's running as efficiently as he's capable of. I don't know how I feel about him this week.

Funny how hype/opportunity/rankings can cloud our (my) judgement.

C-Mike is cut, Prosise goes down. Rawls looks good in first game back, TB next on the schedule. Top 10 RB ranking everywhere.

Yet, it wasn't until the end of the game yesterday when I though to myself "Oh yeah, no one has really been able to run behind this terrible o-line this year".

Started him over a proven Latavius Murray because of matchup and opportunity. Need to remember to give guys a prove-it week before throwing them into the starting lineup.

Skoo said:
...TB next on the schedule. Top 10 RB ranking everywhere.
Similar expectations (and let down) for the Spencer Ware crowd last week.

Buccs defense an improving unit.

Poor showing this week for sure, but wouldn't read too much into it as the entire Hawks offense cratered. When Russ ends up with 50 pass yrds total for the game, you know the entire offense went MIA. 

That being said, don't like the matchup this week, but at least they're home. Seattle hopefully getting some key pieces back on D (Bennett, Thomas) would greatly help the game script as well.

BassNBrew said:
Toilet Bowl.  Held him all year for 3.8 points.
The whole offense looked bad as they scored 5 total points. You can't put that all on Rawls. I benched McCoy for him last week but I won't be making that mistake again. I'm not giving up on Rawls it could've just been an off game.

I'm not giving up on Rawls it could've just been an off game.
I hope you're right. I'm already getting this Spencer Ware Part II feeling... a month from now we're still waiting on Rawls to break half a dozen points and making excuses for him based on a 2015 burst of unsustainable productivity.

Users who are viewing this thread