What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (5 Viewers)

Theoretically he would be on my bench this week behind Jerrick McKinnon, Ameer Abdullah and either Darkwa or Doug Martin.

Our best hope as a Collins owner at this point is that the CS has decided to commit to Collins over the bye and will phase Buck out for Woody, giving Collins the GL / power back work. Fingers crossed West is a scratch come Sunday. 

If not I may start Perine or Paul Richardson at flex over Collins. 

That comment does nothing to reassure me. He's been the featured back and he gets <15 carries a game, with maddening RZ/Goal line usage. Tell me this: Is he going to pull Collins inside the 5 for West? Because I can see that happening.
Don't ask me, I'm just delivering the FACTS! 

...or some such.

Our best hope as a Collins owner at this point is that the CS has decided to commit to Collins over the bye and will phase Buck out for Woody, giving Collins the GL / power back work. Fingers crossed West is a scratch come Sunday. 

If not I may start Perine or Paul Richardson at flex over Collins. 
Yeah, I have Lat Murray and Alf locked in and that Flex spot is Collins or Perine vs. NO.

Baltimore at Green Bay (1:00 PM ET): 15 MPH sustained winds could be a concern for this matchup between the Packers and Ravens. Neither team has been able to throw all that well, especially with the Packers starting Brett Hundley. Despite the high winds, 27 degree temperatures with clear skies are forecasted. Davante Adams is worth a start, but I would be cautious about anyone else.
Takes away the deep passing game (which Flacco has clamored for) for short passes and favors a heavier run workload. Bumps Collins up a bit more?

I have to decide between Alex Collins or Rex Burkhead in a PPR. Talk about a maddening decision. Both coaches hard to figure out. Both have other committee backs sharing the touches. Both in the last game have roughly the same carries. Rex has the better passing/receiving outlook. The weather and game script in Green Bay may favor Collins. 

I think you have to worry a bit about Woodhead. Goalline is what I would be hoping for if I went with Collins.
I currently have Burkhead in over Collins, and not even considering a switch.

Theoretically I would have Abdullah and McKinnon in the lineup over Collins. Maybe Doug Martin too (only because his volume is more guaranteed and it's a better matchup...on paper).

Martin, Ajayi and Ingram in

Collins, CJ Anderson and L Murray out

My RBs are nearly impossible to pick week to week. 

Choosing between Collins, Woodhead, Jamaal Williams DLewis & Ameer for my second RB is causing me agita. 

Going Jamaal because of the guaranteed work load. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipe dream. No one would pay that. They may very well draft a RB next year. That offense is in shambles. He's looked good but One double digit fantasy game. He's a hold of you have space.
You guys might be talking about different things;  he means a late first in a rookie draft. 

At this juncture, I still believe that is too high.  Maybe things look a lot different come draft time next season.  But, at this moment in time, a 2nd is probably fair value. 

Benched behind Kamara, McKinnon and Martin for me. Going with Martin, one last chance for him, just prefer the expected volume 

Starting over Crowell.

No Jones or TyMont for GB. Hoping GB has trouble making first downs and Baltimore dominates time of possession / hammers Collins. 

You guys might be talking about different things;  he means a late first in a rookie draft. 

At this juncture, I still believe that is too high.  Maybe things look a lot different come draft time next season.  But, at this moment in time, a 2nd is probably fair value. 
I'm not. I don't see a roookie first rounder for this guy.

Starting over Morris in standard. Tyron out again, and West being inactive clinched it for me.

Collins running as lead back 1st series, and was thrown at twice. No Allen at all, which means Woodhead has usurped him and Allen is the breather back.

Collins running as lead back 1st series, and was thrown at twice. No Allen at all, which means Woodhead has usurped him and Allen is the breather back.
Allen was in on third and long- I think we need to see more than 1 offensive series to make any definitive calls.

4th offensive series... so far things still playing out that way. Collins is the lead back and getting alot of reception attempts, Woodhead in on passing downs and Allen COB and as a 2nd RB in backfield..

EDIT: Just as I post it he busts one for 21 yards.

Collins is definitely the lead back, but 3 of Woodhead's 5 targets have come on 1st down. Seems pretty much the same as before, Collins is the 2 down back on a crappy offense. At least he's getting receptions now.

Again, it was a game that profiled as positive for Collins beforehand... but very encouraging usage. 20 carries for only 49 yards but a TD, and he had 4 receptions for 22 yards and was targeted 7 times.That is HUGE for him going forward.

The Frankman said:
Again, it was a game that profiled as positive for Collins beforehand... but very encouraging usage. 20 carries for only 49 yards but a TD, and he had 4 receptions for 22 yards and was targeted 7 times.That is HUGE for him going forward.
Yeah, who would have thought that would happen in a game where the other two active RBs were Woodhead and Allen?

His per touch production was pretty bad but he definitely checked all the other boxes. 24 touches on 27 opportunities, four catches (seven targets), short yardage work and carries inside the five.

His next four match ups are tough but so were the Packers, on paper, and his team is in the wild card race too.  Is it time to call him plug'n'play RoS?

His per touch production was pretty bad but he definitely checked all the other boxes. 24 touches on 27 opportunities, four catches (seven targets), short yardage work and carries inside the five.

His next four match ups are tough but so were the Packers, on paper, and his team is in the wild card race too.  Is it time to call him plug'n'play RoS?
Considering DeMarco's recent performance, Collins may be my RB1.

Yes. My new and improved RB2 and flex is looking good now between Collins, Darkwa, and Perine.

It took over half the season but it looks like we finally have some decent RB2s emerging between Collins, Lewis, LMurray, Perine, & Darkwa

Thanks to both Woods and Shepard injuries I again am in the unenviable task of deciding between Collins & AA at flex this week. Both have tough matchups. HOU has been surprisingly tough vs the run. I am hoping since the game is in BAL and the tough defense shuts down savage, that gameflow will be in Collins' favor.

Game flow is very difficult to correctly forecast but if it goes the way I think it will, Collins should have a nice volume game. Six straight games with double digit carries and 7 targets last week.

I have Collins in over AA at this point too.  Could HOU run D look better than advertised because their pass D is so poor?  Either way, I agree with the game flow theory that Collins is the better play due to potential volume. 

Users who are viewing this thread